1./JG42flesch

need the T34 Gun an Fix?

The 76mm Gun of the T34 can only penetraded a Armor off 90mm on shortest Distance.

How can a T34 destroy an Tiger of an Distance from 1.500m on the Front.

Is that an Game Bug, Russian Bias or what is wrong with this Game?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

The 76mm Gun of the T34 can only penetraded a Armor off 90mm on shortest Distance.

How can a T34 destroy an Tiger of an Distance from 1.500m on the Front.

Is that an Game Bug, Russian Bias or what is wrong with this Game?

Hi,

I'll try to give you a hint or two:

- go and check the product description of TC Cap

- 2nd hint - check what early access means

The whole game is still in development (work in progress) - so, nothing is perfect, there is no Russian nor German

bias. It's simply not finished and will be improved step by step.

Cheers

Agreed. Tank Crew is in its' infancy of development. Much more to come. 

Also, remember that tactics can come into play even in tank battles. One can attempt to get side or rear armor attacks in on heavy tanks. One can also knock a track off thereby immobilizing the tank. There are always weak points on every tank. The Tiger is a beast alright but it is not invincible. Also there historically weren't that many of them on the battle field comparatively speaking. Missions builders should not have huge numbers of Tigers or such tanks for players to contend with in a single mission.

I look forward to future Tank Crew developments even with expected bumps in the developmental road along the way. Happy tanking people. :salute:

Edited by Thad
  • Like 1

A shot with a couple of rounds(HE) to the top of cupola(especially with the hatch open) can do some damage.The Tiger has the thinnest armor there.You cannot take it out head on.But again...work in progress 😃

Yes, the effect of HE on the Tiger is clearly unrealistic and thus a bug. But I have to wonder about what those players who never drive any other type of tank, and who complain constantly about HE, what they imagine gameplay *should* be like...

Those same players complain most vocally in chat when the red side has a numerical advantage.

Since IL-2 Great Battles, and probably, Tank Crew, aims to be historical, and thus, not balanced (artifically), with regards to the vehicles...

and since, this HE ammo bug, is one of the factors that contributes to currently making the Tiger not AS superior as it correctly would be ...

Once the HE bug is fixed, how do they imagine this SHOULD play out? They'd be playing in their invicible Tigers against a numerical parity of T34 paper tanks? and thus, always win, without utilizing any sort of tactics, caution, trickery, or skill?

Quite obviously, in order to attract anyone to still play the other side, the mission designers would then have to impose numerical limits on Tigers, or even ratio limits on blue players, to ensure a strong numerical advantage of red tanks.

Maybe a mechanism would have to be introduced, where a player would have to do 3 missions in a Panzer 3 for 1 mission in a Tiger. 😃

Somehow I'm sure this outcome would not be welcomed by those who now lament their Tigers as too fragile.

For a sense of perspective, I'd suggest to the self declared Tiger pilots to play the other side occasionally.

Edited by stupor-mundi

Considering this is a simulator game, I don't expect T34s to have any chance in a frontal engagement eventually. It makes me feel bad, when I oneshot Tiger I players from the front. I feel like I didn't deserve those victories at all. The damage models are not finished yet, and will probably become more realistic during next spring.

I've noticed there are certain players who always stack on the russian side on some of the dedicated tank servers no matter what happens. With small community, this often leads to few players facing over 10 at worst.  In this scenario, one would at least expect to have some sort of safety in a Tiger I from longer distances, but the currently unrealistic HE effectiveness negates much of the advantage a Tiger should have. It makes it quite frustrating to play axis tanks sometimes in general, and further fuels the fragile state of Tiger I. You are facing superior numbers with too powerful armament. I have yet to see an axis team win in a tank match. This is no accident.

Another sidenote on the damage models.

Just today I played a match as Panzer 3. I ambushed a T34 from point blank distance, and unloaded 20 rounds of APCR ammunition to it's engine, turret side and side-armor. After 20 rounds, the T34 finally spots me, gives me a few kisses and my turret flies clean off.

Work in progress.

Edited by Torrens
  • Upvote 2

Yes. Got destroyed by a T34 at 2.9 km after the second shot to the front armor of the Tiger. The DM is very, very off right now.

• Upvote 1

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, SCG_Riksen said:

Yes. Got destroyed by a T34 at 2.9 km after the second shot to the front armor of the Tiger. The DM is very, very off right now.

Yes, something is off.

A heavy KV1 struck a light tank (German 38t) in one of my Hold The Line missions five time and failed to take it out. Range 4-500m. 😲

I had to reconfigure the mission to create the expected outcome for the scenario.