Han

Game version 3.007 discussion: Bf109K4, P47D28, Camel, Pfalz, FM, Multiplayer, Damage and more

1 hour ago, I./JG62_Knipser said:

Tactical Air War Server (TAW) has the same problems since the last patch. Totally unplayable when the server is crowded. @=LG=Kathon or @JG4_Raven did you already check these limits?

Those limits have been high for a long time:

DownloadLimit = 1024000
UploadLimit = 1024000

so it's not the issue.

I noticed that in DServer.exe as soon as number of CID (Client ID?) exceeded 1000 bizzare things start to happen. I reported it long time ago but nothing has been fixed.

taw_error.jpg.878204c5fa736eaa779efd38930b283f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

After update3.007,I noticed that planes will drift left and right,especially in ground target sweep action.

this is feel like ROF WWI plane ,is this real for WWII planes!?

I play DCS WWII planes,and never drift in ground target sweep.I don't mean to be offensive,but now ground target sweep in il-2  is not easy anymore....:dash:

If people want to test out p47 damage model fro them shelves I made a short mission to test it

1-16 vs the  p47

1-16 so you can test both 20mm cannons and central mounted MGs

ie

4 x 7.62mm machine gun "ShKAS", or 2x 2 x 7.62mm machine gun "ShKAS",  & 2 x 20mm gun "SsVAK"

A simple mission, the  p47 fly's straight in front of you  between two waypoints (it does not attack you) @ 300kph.

Its a great way to verify its damage model easily.

While aiming at wings only:

I found the 7.62s don't take out wings , but they will destroy the controls and cause a crash, the 2 cannons will de-wing it tho

here is the mission files so you can try it out yourself as custom mission

extract to "IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Missions\" 

P47 Damage Test.zip

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Takuya_liang said:

After update3.007,I noticed that planes will drift left and right,especially in ground target sweep action.

I play DCS WWII planes,and never drift in ground target sweep.I don't mean to be offensive,but now ground target sweep in il-2  is not easy anymore....:dash:

I've not seen this myself except in Crosswind? and with turbulence weather setting.

5 hours ago, Takuya_liang said:

From the DD.   41. Air turbulence and wind direction randomness work correctly in QMB; 42. Wind direction randomness near the ground works correctly in QMB;

You do not say what mission you are playing, but possibly this is relevant? I noticed more turbulence in QMB.  Planes, however, will always drift relative to the ground if there is any kind of wind: this has always been in the game and makes aiming at ground targets harder when you are in a mission with a high wind.  It is correct: you will have to work out how to deal with it!

(Hint - attack ground targets when flying downwind if possible).

Edited by unreasonable
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, unreasonable said:

From the DD.   41. Air turbulence and wind direction randomness work correctly in QMB; 42. Wind direction randomness near the ground works correctly in QMB;

You do not say what mission you are playing, but possibly this is relevant? I noticed more turbulence in QMB.  Planes, however, will always drift relative to the ground if there is any kind of wind: this has always been in the game and makes aiming at ground targets harder when you are in a mission with a high wind.  It is correct: you will have to work out how to deal with it!

(Hint - attack ground targets when flying downwind if possible).

Thank you! that makes sense.

I always set wind=1 & turbulence=1 in QMB, and I felt it first time after 3.007, that's it!!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Han said:

IMPORTANT:

Today we have received information, that WoL server have had a limit of traffic about 1 megabit. So today they have rise it up to greater value and this, hopefully, will fix all these issues with "delayed damage", "weird warping" and so on. So please keep us informed how things are going.

---

To game servers hosters - please check that in your SDS config file the correct traffic limit is set. At least 50 magebites if you have around 30 clients limit, and at least 150 megabytes if you have maxed up client number limit. So it means:

DownloadLimit = 50000 or more
UploadLimit = 50000 or more

Really appreciate updates like this.

On 11/25/2018 at 10:18 PM, Memphis said:

While I understand that some of you might not be absolutely happy with the P-47, you guys should really think about the way you are expressing your feelings. 

Things like "the P-47 is a joke. This is wrong, that's wrong. What the fuck are you doing devs?" are just stupid and it shows that you appreciate this sim not the slightest bit. 

Heck even at patchday, not even 3 hours after the update, the first people were going nuts. "1.98 ata unicorn crap", "the P-47 can't withstand 2639403726 30mm", "The P-47 can't dive as a pilot wrote in book xy".

Guys, the devs can't make everything right the first time. If you really want to change something, do some tests, research real data and try to put it as objectively as possible. Give them some sources to work through and they will eventually change it. Look at what was done to the FW-190. 

And if any dev will read this:

Thank you for this awesome sim and all your effort you put into it.

this

20 hours ago, Han said:

[...] limit of traffic about 1 megabit.[...]

😂

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

19 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Those limits have been high for a long time:

DownloadLimit = 1024000
UploadLimit = 1024000

so it's not the issue.

I noticed that in DServer.exe as soon as number of CID (Client ID?) exceeded 1000 bizzare things start to happen. I reported it long time ago but nothing has been fixed.

May I ask the server specifications you are using? I am researching setting up a server and am interested to know what CPU, how much internet speed, how much monthly traffic might be required. TAW is obviously a very popular server so it would be great to know a little about the hardware and internet that you use. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Alonzo said:

May I ask the server specifications you are using? I am researching setting up a server and am interested to know what CPU, how much internet speed, how much monthly traffic might be required. TAW is obviously a very popular server so it would be great to know a little about the hardware and internet that you use. Thanks!

It's a i7-4790K @4.2GHz 

During the peak hours bandwidth vary between 20-50Mbit/s

• Thanks 1

Ingame MK-108 & 20 mm MGs are too OP!

Off course......

Maybe, with a normal "wood DM" instead of a "stalinwood DM" all this P-47 complaints would have never been here. Statements like "20mm and 30mm are to OP" are simple ridiculous considering the tons of iron we need to shoot down a LaGG-3 for ex.., when with just one only 30mm it should have to be desintegrated.

Seriously speaking, Bondemplatte is still a WIP so we can hope for some DM revision/upgrade (Spitfire first of all).

What we see now is just the price of the "wood is stronger than duraluminium" theory, without considering the wing longerons.

No problems for people who has simple given it up with the "glasses 109 DM" and "laser" problem/complaint, but for the others.........

Pop corn and Coca Cola now, waiting for the Mustang DM, it's not a wooden aircraft as well.

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro

Hi,

Yesterday I noticed graphic issue when flying in MP, and with La5FN through the clouds, the water drops were creating on the cockpit glass as it should, but when I opened the cockpit and moved my head out of ..... the pilot goggles stayed dry and clean. (no water drops on my virtual goggles - I have VR)

Oil drops are working fine when I move my head out of the front cockpit glass. So the problem is just with the water drops, and maybe with combinations with only some planes. 

21 минуту назад, 150GCT_Veltro сказал:

Off course......

Maybe, with a normal "wood DM" instead of a "stalinwood DM" all this P-47 complaints would have never been here. Statements like "20mm and 30mm are to OP" are simple ridiculous considering the tons of iron we need to shoot down a LaGG-3 for ex.., when with just one only 30mm it should have to be desintegrated.

Seriously speaking, Bondemplatte is still a WIP so we can hope for some DM revision/upgrade (Spitfire first of all).

What we see now is just the price of the "wood is stronger that duraluminium" teory, without considering the wing longerons.

No problems for people who has simple given it up with the "glasses 109 DM" and "laser" problem/complaint, but for the others.........

Pop corn and Coca Cola now, waiting for the Mustang DM, it's not a wooden aircraft as well.

LOL!

Laggs stalinwood  loses its wing with TWO He mg151/20 shots )))

A P-47 loses it wiht THREE shots!

Even IL-2 - "Beton flugzeug" loses its wing with FOUR shots!

If you (or any one who is interested in simulation) will look at the topic you should see our suggestions.

It is not a meaning of "stalinwood" or "churchuilwood" (mosquito) or "hitlerwood" (He-162).

Edited by Makz
  • Haha 1

What about AP problem? It's the same for 109, 110 ecc. ecc.. May be, you have never noticed it before.

However, you are talking about 20 and 30mm here, so.....

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro

10 минут назад, 150GCT_Veltro сказал:

What about AP problem? It's the same for 109, 110 ecc. ecc.. May be, you have never noticed it before.

However, you are talking about 20 and 30mm here, so.....

It`s about wings-off situation. 

AP rounds takes a little affect

Edited by Makz

28 minutes ago, Makz said:

It`s about wings-off situation. 

AP rounds takes a little affect

I looked on that thread you mentioned.

Do you know for a fact and can prove those are 30 mm and not 20 mm ? The real life shots i mean.

The real life shots are not as focused on one area as those in the game.

According to post war tests done in US mk108 in one shot should have a 27% chance of kill within minutes and a 40% chance of kill withing 2 hours (structure failure on the flight home😞

Some pics from the test:

281dk45.jpg

2hx98hz.jpg

Looks powerful enough in real life .

Edited by IVJG4-Knight
  • Thanks 1

What does a "kill" means in this tests? Wing off?

27 minutes ago, Makz said:

What does a "kill" means in this tests? Wing off?

Mostly yes.

2eyuusp.jpg

Page 39(the right one) "S" stands for structural failure. 

The name of the document is ADA800394. You can find it with google i think.

Edited by IVJG4-Knight
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Makz said:

On average it needed 20-30 20mm hits to down a B-17. In game the Pe2 soakes up more then that in the most of cases. If anything, the German 20mm is too weak. 30mm effects have already been posted