9./JG54_GERMANWOLF

Ping really bad for us from South America

Here in South America, or maybe even in the north, we are suffering too much from the high ping of servers, the lag is absurd.
We wanted to ask if the producers of the simulator are thinking of something to improve this, maybe put servers in the USA or something that improves for our side here. It is a serious problem that hurts us too much unfortunately.
I say this on behalf of all the players in Brazil where I am a community administrator on IL2 on Facebook.
Thank you.

This is because most of the servers are based in Central Europe or Russia, which are really far away from South America and Australia/New Zealand. It would be good if we had US based servers, a few were tried but they couldn't break the WoL-hegemony of IL-2 MP.

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard
  • Like 2

Can't you South American types not put together a server as that perhaps would answer all your problems!?

I'm sure that there would/should be enough players in your region to club together to support it!?

Regards

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Haza said:

Can't you South American types not put together a server as that perhaps would answer all your problems!?

I'm sure that there would/should be enough players in your region to club together to support it!?

Regards

It's pretty obvious it wouldn't get enough people. Even North American based servers failed... and not because they were bad. It's just that most people go to WoL and that's it.

image.png.3fdcd3c84cedfdaf904d86527c727a32.png

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Maybe the server needs some publicity before it catches on. Perhaps organize an event to familiarize people with the server?

Create a mission and gather people in advance to play at a predetermined time, kind of like a coop.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Knights of the air has better latency over Wings of liberty to Brazil (~150ms x 350ms respectively). So, give preference to flying in KOTA over WOL;

Another thing is the interaction and support offered by the KOTA administrators which is incredible.

A IL-2 server in Brazil or USA would be great, but the value to rent a dedicated server in Brazil is expensive.

14 hours ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

It's pretty obvious it wouldn't get enough people. Even North American based servers failed... and not because they were bad. It's just that most people go to WoL and that's it.

image.png.3fdcd3c84cedfdaf904d86527c727a32.png

I completely agree with Sketch!!

Edited by 3./JG15_HansPhilipp
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, 9./JG54_GermanWolf said:

summarizing nothing will be solved

How can the devs solve a problem, that they have nothing to do with? It’s not their fault, that you live on a different continent. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

How can the devs solve a problem, that they have nothing to do with? It’s not their fault, that you live on a different continent. 

I agree!

@9./JG54_GermanWolf You can make a ping test changing your DNS address to 1.1.1.1 in order to obtain the best response time.

7 minutes ago, 9./JG54_GermanWolf said:

but the game and face to us, for you it would be nice if it were the other way I'd cry here

??? What do you mean??

Edited by 3./JG15_HansPhilipp

8 minutes ago, 9./JG54_GermanWolf said:

but the game and face to us, for you it would be nice if it were the other way I'd cry here

But it’s no use. The devs don’t run the servers, so they have no way to improve the situation for you.

16 hours ago, 9./JG54_GermanWolf said:

Here in South America, or maybe even in the north, we are suffering too much from the high ping of servers, the lag is absurd.
We wanted to ask if the producers of the simulator are thinking of something to improve this, maybe put servers in the USA or something that improves for our side here. It is a serious problem that hurts us too much unfortunately.
I say this on behalf of all the players in Brazil where I am a community administrator on IL2 on Facebook.
Thank you.

Hi GermanWolf:

I have the same problem. A server that is based in South America is the ECV56's server. Problem is that they do not enable their server 24/7. So I think would be a good idea to talk to the guys of ECV56 and see if they could maintain their server open all time. It is located in Argentine. In that server my ping is 56, at difference to WoL where is 315. Another possible server is New Wings that is located in USA. In that server I have not so good ping as with ECV56 but still is far better than the Central European servers.

Regards,

Edited by Tag777
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd like to run a server with some unique missions (has to be or no one would find reason to play it). But I don't want to fork out the shekels to have like 3 people play on it lol. It would be US based. I figure east coast would be the best bet so that it's not horrible for the guys in western europe. But taking the south america factor into account I wonder how much worse a east coast US server would be compared to say Texas or even west coast?

On 1/4/2015 at 8:06 PM, -NW-FourSpeed said:

New Wings are NA based (Servers are hosted in New York City, USA).

Regards,

4 <salute>

I copy the post of FourSpeed from NW.

• Like 1

WoL was running 2 servers at same time when there was need for more then 84ppl on one stat page not so long ago so you could fly on both servers and stat would count as one, so why someone dont try to talk with WoL admins and offer to run same server based in usa ? that would work maybe better then few empty servers based in usa

3 minutes ago, 9./JG54_Reichh said:

me internet 100mb fiber, and mutch lag.....

SO BAD NETCODE!!!!! HELLLOOO !!!!

i hope you used that fedback to devs option anounced few days ago

Edited by 77.CountZero

I think what he really means is:

"Ping really bad for us from South America in WoL"

Like many said, try other servers with better ping. You have a large group but always fly in WoL. WoL is hosted in Russia and it sucks in terms of ping. The first step is to go somewhere else like Sketch said ... all it takes is people to populate it and others will follow.

• Upvote 1

i think KOTA is awesome.  IMHO, the only thing is that for some of us that do not have all that much time (family, work etc), the targets are little bit too far....it is often my main reason to jump into WOL...

• Upvote 2

Maybe one day we will get a nice NA based server like ATAG. I miss ATAG. Don't miss Cliffs but I do miss ATAG pub server and TS shenanigans.

• Like 1

KOTA requires 10-15 minutes of flight time to their objectives. Cut it in half you'll have more people. If you're in a squad with voicecomms the time flies, but 50% of players (or more) fly solo, or use text chat for occasional team-ups. And sitting for 15 minutes in a cockpit by yourself is boring. Even in TAW it's not that long.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, moosya said:

KOTA requires 10-15 minutes of flight time to their objectives. Cut it in half you'll have more people. If you're in a squad with voicecomms the time flies, but 50% of players (or more) fly solo, or use text chat for occasional team-ups. And sitting for 15 minutes in a cockpit by yourself is boring. Even in TAW it's not that long.

Yes, this. A good balance between flight times/combat times is very important. I feel WoL has this down very well, with both short and longer range objectives being a thing on most maps.

For those of you wanting to run your own server, you don't need to pay for server hosting, you just need a sufficient amount of upload bandwidth and some hardware to run it on.

The Unprofessionals is an Australia based server run by me from my home on spare hardware I have (currently an I7 4770) on an NBN connection (50mbit down 20mbit up) and is sufficient for the job of hosting a reasonable number of players (when the missions are designed well and don't have issues).

I am happy to help you guys set up a dserver instance although you will have to provide your own missions for the server.

regarding KOTA, one of the things that really appeals to me with this server is the longer flight times. 

As to the OP's question, aren't coconut's servers based in the US ? I think the unprofessional's server is based in AUS. Both are really nice servers and worth visiting

2 hours ago, =FEW=Herne said:

As to the OP's question, aren't coconut's servers based in the US ? I think the unprofessional's server is based in AUS. Both are really nice servers and worth visiting

I think I heard coconut is hosted in Sweden.

1 hour ago, Leon_Portier said:

I think I heard coconut is hosted in Sweden.

Exactly - it's hosted in Sverige...

People reported that they have better(if not much better) ping on KOTA. 
I give you a link where you can test your connection to Hungary, thats all I can do. 
https://www.speedmeter.hu/

Found another option to test your ping to Hungarian servers. 
https://www.speedmeter.hu/ping-test/

If you want to talk, you can catch me up on our discord, even if I'm not online, feel free to send me a PM, and we will try to figure something out. 

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Upvote 2