Sign in to follow this  
Cthulhus

Lost in Translation?

Hello,

When I brought your game on Steam, I saw that the texts in game and the game interface are available in French. (look at the game description on the Steam page or look at the screenshoot attached)

But when I star a new career (the default one with the game), almost all texts are in English ! So, it's not normal ! You can't indicate that a game is translated when it's not.

So, what can you do to fix that issue?

Thanks and all the best

Capture0.PNG

1 hour ago, Cthulhus said:

Hello,

When I brought your game on Steam, I saw that the texts in game and the game interface are available in French. (look at the game description on the Steam page or look at the screenshoot attached)

But when I star a new career (the default one with the game), almost all texts are in English ! So, it's not normal ! You can't indicate that a game is translated when it's not.

Thanks and all the best

Capture0.PNG

Well, possible that not every single bit was translated for now.

Je suppose que le logiciel entier est traduit, mais non pas toutes les instructions de missions (briefings). C'est fort possible que tu ne trouveras

pas tout traduit, car la pluspart des campagnes on été crée par des enthousiastes qui n'ont pas les moyens de faire traduire chaque ligne.

D'ailleurs, l'audio n'existe uniquement en Russe et Allemand (logique!) - avec BOPB cela va changer...

Salut

• Upvote 1

Oui mais les briefing sont quand même importants à mon sens. ok si certains petits trucs ne l'étaient pas, mais là on parle de pan complet du jeu non traduit. Dans ce cas, faut pas annoncer sur Steam que c'est traduit si ce n'est pas le cas.

Yes but some important parts aren't translate like mission briefing  which I believe to be important I think 

Pour l'audio, aucun soucis, ils l'annoncent donc moi ça me va.

C'est quoi BOPB ?

BOPB = Battle of the Bodenplatte

Sincèrement, c'est un titre un peu con, mais ils l'ont choisi comme-ça... Au debut c'était encore pire...

Edited by -IRRE-Therion

Ha excellent ! Ca sera toujours sous IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Bodenplatte comme les autres "Battles" ? On a une date de préco ? (même si je râle, je reconnais que c'est un bon sim).

On peut le préco sous Steam ? (je ne le vois pas sous la boutique Steam).

merci!

Aucune idée pour Steam, mais finale pour printemps 2019. Ils ont déja publié quelques parties (tech, avions), mais

pas encore de carte ni de scénarios...

10 hours ago, Cthulhus said:

But when I start a new career, So, it's not normal! You can not say it's not when it's not.

If the devs were able to make the briefing text selectable (copy and paste) or exportable, at least you could paste it into a translator like Google Translate. 

Edited by JimTM

11 hours ago, Cthulhus said:

Hello,

If that's any consolation, you can try the Fire and Ice campaign, which has been translated to French. The story is compelling and the missions are very well made. There are probably a few other free scripted campaigns that have been translated as well, I'm not sure about the paying DLC, maybe Ten Days of Autumn (I can check if you want).

That being said, I just tried the next mission in a Russian career, and quite a lot was translated (I used the "Français" settings in the launch pop-up window, not in the game settings which don't seem to work all the time). There is a feedback thread in the French forums to report any mistake/omission in the translated texts.

EDIT: note that when I read the French text of the mission, I see a lot of mistakes, I suppose it's not perfect yet ;)

(@SYN_Haashashin: if that's a problem about the French language interface, I'm not sure why we can't reply partly in French...?)

2018_11_2__20_15_11.jpg

2018_11_2__20_15_23.jpg

Edited by Redglyph

8 minutes ago, Redglyph said:

(@SYN_Haashashin: if that's a problem about the French language interface, I'm not sure why we can't reply partly in French...?)

There is no problem to post partly in another lenguage if there is no other option but add the translation to English since we all want to know whats going on and because this side of the forums is for English posts. My previous post was to those that post only in French, or any other lenguage.

Haash

18 minutes ago, SYN_Haashashin said:

There is no problem to post partly in another lenguage if there is no other option but add the translation to English since we all want to know whats going on and because this side of the forums is for English posts. My previous post was to those that post only in French, or any other lenguage.

Haash

Haha, right, reading back the thread it seems we crossed the border and went into another country ;)

Thanks for clarifying!