Jump to content

"Fire and Ice" - Bf 110 E-2 Scripted Campaign


Recommended Posts

Glad to see this is finally out, seems like ages since we beta tested it.  Going to have to download it and fly it again to see if anything changed.  Thanks NETSCAPE, long time coming

 

Cheers

 

Hoss

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 19//Hoss said:

Glad to see this is finally out, seems like ages since we beta tested it.  Going to have to download it and fly it again to see if anything changed.  Thanks NETSCAPE, long time coming

 

Cheers

 

Hoss

 

It has been ages. Some missions I had to rework the attacks due to AI changes that occurred in the Kuban update. There were some  other minor changes too. Beta testing was all done pre-Kuban so in general everything will look much nicer with long draw distances, new clouds and moisture fx on the cockpit glass this time around on all the snow missions. :) 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks NETSCAPE, finally a scripted campaign for the second of my two favorite aircrafts (after the FW190). I was looking very much forward to this and it is the perfect time for it, as I am not interested in the football world cup, anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Netscape! Glad you could work around all the recent changes and past AI issues. And it's great to see it released! I thought it'd be a DLC though, it certainly goes beyond DLC quality.

 

I can't recommend this enough, they're very well-made missions, with a motivating and immersive story, and this plane is a pleasure to fly, one of the very few which could operate in the terrible winter conditons back then on the Luftwaffe side.

 

You're welcome for the French translation :) So any comment/issue regarding that bit can be addressed to me, I used a style that matches the WWII period instead of a simpler, more casual one that would probably be used today by people afraid of past tenses. German military terms were left for authenticity, to avoid any loss of precision in the translation, and for the sake of general culture. I'm happy to post a list of French equivalent words if necessary or if anyone is interested, but I'm pretty sure everyone here is familiar with the Luftwaffe nomenclature.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

Thanks NETSCAPE, finally a scripted campaign for the second of my two favorite aircrafts (after the FW190). I was looking very much forward to this and it is the perfect time for it, as I am not interested in the football world cup, anyway.

 

Lol.....as far as I saw the soccer team - Germany is not even taking part there 😛

 

@NETSCAPE

Thanks for creating this!

I was looking around for some 110 campaign anyway.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82 said:

Lol.....as far as I saw the soccer team - Germany is not even taking part there 😛

 

Right, Germany doesn't play soccer, but they will today (sunday) have their first game in the football world cup, so they say.

35 minutes ago, Godspeed said:

Thanks!

There was no instructions how to install it.

I will definitely test this campaign when i know how 🤗

Unzip it into the folder 'Battle of Stalingrad\data\Campaigns'

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Leave him alone, Yogi. It's not his fault that his country is too craven to call that Handegg abonimation by its name and had to misappropriate the world's most played sport's name to ease their shame. 😜

Edited by csThor
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, madriver86nick80 said:

Why is this scripted campaign freezing up?

 

 

Can you be more specific please? I never had this or any scripted campaign freeze.

 

47 minutes ago, Tuninfogliato said:

Good morning.
This campaign can only be used in expert mode, or even in normal mode.
Thank you

 

I design with the intention of expert mode. But you can also play in normal mode.

Edited by NETSCAPE
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2018 at 6:17 AM, Semor76 said:

Thanks for your work Netscape!

 

Hope some talented skinner can make a skinpack for this campaign. The default skins doesen´t fit well.

 

Yeah that wouldn't hurt. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I must have downloaded it over 10 times now but I fail to open the file. When I try to unrar I get "no archives" and when I try to unzip I get a message that the file is corrupt or damaged. I tried downloading with my virus program and malwarebytes turned off but to no avail. I even downloaded it on my mobile phone and mailed it myself but with the same result. I'm completely at loss here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, if you want, I'll get to it, I'll see those skins that are needed.
regards:soldier:

 

21 hours ago, NETSCAPE said:
On 6/23/2018 at 3:17 PM, Semor76 said:

Thanks for your work Netscape!

 

Hope some talented skinner can make a skinpack for this campaign. The default skins doesen´t fit well.

 

 

Edited by E69_julian57
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, claw said:

I must have downloaded it over 10 times now but I fail to open the file. When I try to unrar I get "no archives" and when I try to unzip I get a message that the file is corrupt or damaged. I tried downloading with my virus program and malwarebytes turned off but to no avail. I even downloaded it on my mobile phone and mailed it myself but with the same result. I'm completely at loss here.

 

Update your archive program - that will fix your problem. This is like the 5th time this has happened :). I guess, unlucky for me, I downloaded the most recent program on a fresh windows install not too long ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NETSCAPE said:

 

Update your archive program - that will fix your problem. This is like the 5th time this has happened :). I guess, unlucky for me, I downloaded the most recent program on a fresh windows install not too long ago.

That did it (now why didn't I think of that). Thanks! And thank you for this campaign!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Historical unit markings is not my area of expertise. I'll leave that up to all you guys. Once something comes up everyone agree's on I can go ahead and edit all the mission files to apply the skins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, E69_julian57 said:

How many skins would he have to do, two squads ...?

 

4 planes is typical for players flight. There are 2 missions if I recall correctly where there are 2 flights of 4 x planes, so 8 total. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...