Han

Developer Diary 206 - Discussion

If we get the G at some point I'll have to go back into my A-20 campaign and change it over to the proper Havoc.

1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

I forgot you totally understand what we mean by co ops...oh...wait

I also forgot that you were there..oh...wait

No, I definitely understand.  You’re talking about the servers that are completely empty.  

Just now, BraveSirRobin said:

No, I definitely understand.  You’re talking about the servers that are completely empty.  

Eh...no.

I'm talking about my own server/hosting back in 46. I thought that was pretty clear.

If you'd spend more time thinking, and less time being contrary simply for the sake of being contrary you'd avoid such oversights.

Gee, yesterday I took the plunge and bought the "Early Version" of FLYING CIRCUS - and it feel amazing to fly over the more logical
agricultutral landscapes of Kuban. I find it hard to wait for such quality for Flanders!

Buying was kid-easy: I bought from IL-2 shop, payed via PAYPAL - and ZAP!!! - had the new panes.
No downloads nor installs. I found the planes in BoK and off I went flew!

I'll write more when I have the time, but two more points:

- the new pilot figures and their head movements (when regarded from outside view) are just marvellous! Almost real! Great, gentlemen!!!

- one question though: could you still make the German leather jackets black? That would bring even more distinction into it.

Afaik, German military leather jackets were rather black (at least in WW2) anyway.

My first little takeoff and landing in the Fokker Dr.I went - well, okay - the landing was tricky on that "grasshopper".
But thanks to the wing skids, nothing was broken (thank you, Herr Fokker!).

Edited by Wolfram-Harms
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

The Fokker is difficult to land in real life as well, in this video you can see the wing skids in action (at 9:25):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEbzXZ0d6XA

Glad to hear you're liking FC so far! Have you played Rise of Flight previously, or is this your first time trying these old school wire and plywood miracles?

could you still make the German leather jackets black?

I personally liked the black coat the German pilot had in one of the previous DD's from spring, but the brown one is fine too of course.

Edited by Sotka94

That "black" is a two-edged sword in this case. There were both black and brown leather jackets in the first half of the war, the late-war "leather suits" (comparable to the submariner's "Päckchen" that were also adopted by parts of the Waffen-SS tank forces) were a different kind of material IIRC.

Didn't know that about WW2 flying suits! Of course in WW1 there were a huge amount of different designs for flying suits, and Germans often liked to use British Sidcot-flying suits taken from prisoners.

I really do like the design we have now for the FC German pilot. Reminds me a bit of this pilot model from Battlefield 1, which I think looks really dashing: 

CnbLyrOWAAAfpD6.jpg

71456785-d2b2-43d0-8dbc-3d1a14baa5cc.png

168c6c66-d3b3-48a8-be7d-0ed44d2e7ab9.png

Edited by Sotka94

9 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

The A-20B would have to be updated to the A-20G Havoc to reflect the timeline and AO as the Bravo model was primarily a Soviet Lend Lease export. Only about one-third of them served in the USAAF, they were all eventually either retired or received the Havoc retrofit.

88 Sqn were flying Bs & Cs on D-Day

• Upvote 1

I think back to when I was debating backing up this developer and what a good decision it was!!!

6 hours ago, Sotka94 said:

Glad to hear you're liking FC so far! Have you played Rise of Flight previously, or is this your first time trying these old school wire and plywood miracles?

I spent a long time in RoF before, especially in online multiplayer.
I am in love with the German Albatros, and when I have that plane, I will rarely fly something else.

It is beautiful, has great view (esp. compared to the SPAD - jeeze!); and though it is often outclassed by June 1917, it is still a joyride for me.

I personally liked the black coat the German pilot had in one of the previous DD's from spring, but the brown one is fine too of course.

It was just a question, a hint, a desire - if they could still make it quite easily. I searched for "WW1 pilot suits" and saw them in cognac, dark brown or black.
There were no uniform ones for the Germans, afaik - as in WW2.

Perpas it could be even made "selectable", like aircraft skins? (Dreaming must be alowed...)

• Like 1

Albatros is one of the prettiest planes of all time, in my opinion. Can't wait to see all the skins that will be made for it 😁244050_20180409224303_1.thumb.png.e3634b978040542a475cc98f1abfa394.png

• Like 1

On 10/12/2018 at 8:02 AM, Talon_ said:

88 Sqn were flying Bs & Cs on D-Day

I stand corrected. Right on, mate!