GVL224

Sell Throttle GVL

In the throttle "Fw190" mechanics GVL ("RUD" and "Universal") are installed.

Iron mechanics with the possibility of adjusting the resistance force, axles on bearings with non-contact sensors.

On the throttle handle are 3 buttons and one axle. Handles mechanic are printed on a 3D printer.

Front panel:

- 5 buttons (the fifth on the encoder;

- 1 encoder.

On the top panel of the case:

- 14 buttons;

- 10 toggle switches.

The case is made of a "composite" 3mm thick, going like a 3D puzzle ...

The inscriptions on the body are made with the help of a laser engraver, it burns a layer of paint and the natural color of aluminum appears.

The color, size and shape of the handles printed on the 3D printer can be customized.

The color and size of the handles on the potentiometers and additional mechanics may differ from those on the video (depends on available at the time of the order).

For questions and suggestions, write here or on my email GVL224@ukr.net

DSC_0400.JPG

DSC_0401.JPG

DSC_0402.JPG

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

In the throttle "LaGG-3 RH" mechanics GVL ("RUD", "Universal") are installed. Iron mechanics with the possibility of adjusting the resistance force, axles on bearings with non-contact sensors.
This throttle is for the RIGHT hand.
For the prototype model is taken "IL*2 Sturmovik."

On the throttle arms:
- 5 buttons;
- 1 axis (potentiometer).

Handles mechanic are printed on a 3D printer.

On the case:
- 13 buttons;
- 10 toggle switches for two positions without fixing in the extreme;
- 2 encoders.

The case is made of a "composite" 3mm thick, going like a 3D puzzle ...
The inscriptions on the body are made with the help of a laser engraver, it burns a layer of paint and the natural color of aluminum appears.
The color, size and shape of the handles printed on the 3D printer can be customized.
The color and size of the handles on the potentiometers and additional mechanics may differ from those on the video (depends on available at the time of the order).
For questions and suggestions, write here or on my email GVL224@ukr.net

https://youtu.be/30ifWUPQeKg

DSC_0417.JPG

DSC_0418.JPG

DSC_0420.JPG

• Like 1

In the throttle "BF109-5" installed mechanics GVL ("RUD", "Universal" and "Spark"). Iron mechanics with the ability to adjust the resistance force, the axis on the bearings with contactless sensors MagRez.
On the handle of the throttle 3 buttons.
Handles mechanic are printed on a 3D printer.
On the front of the case:
- 5 buttons;
- 1 "tumbler" without fixing in extreme positions, one toggle switch is like two buttons;
- 3 encoders;
- 2 potentiometers;
- 2 toggle switches with a cap.

DSC_0411.JPG

DSC_0413.JPG

DSC_0414.JPG

• Like 2

"Bf109", a similar unit has already been manufactured, in this version there is an encoder on the front panel of the case.

DSC_0444.JPG

DSC_0445.JPG

DSC_0446.JPG

DSC_0450.JPG

• Like 1

I just recieved my Throttle yesterday 

excellent quality , excellent customer Service , Average shipping time 

# to be honest i can’t blame him for the long time for shipping he’s an individual not a company 

• Like 2

9 часов назад, BlueHeron сказал:

Those look incredible!   What are you charging for a throttle?

Thank.

Price depends on the number of mechanics and buttons.
The average price for a block of four levers is $ 260.

@GVL224, in case you want to expand your available throttle grips, here are some original drawings of the K-14 grip as designed for the P-51:

1982359614_LeverAssembly-ThrottleK-14GunsightControl.thumb.jpg.e0691e7f5824f03657927b4b7c0f175a.jpg302893097_LeverAssembly-ThrottleK-14GunsightControlComplete.thumb.jpg.f55aa5adaebecd4a1a8e7ddf84854c2d.jpg692685553_HandleAssembly-K-14GunsightRangeControlCableOperating.thumb.jpg.37a0bac69818dd607d9a36471c677a0b.jpg1423037020_Fitting-K-14GunsightRangeControlAttachment.thumb.jpg.12ff308fe86b10b2c2348060550f8d9c.jpg

• Thanks 1

P-51D throttle handle grip twist for allow adjust K-14 gunsight, through a "bowden" cable. In "game controller" a pot inside could do this job.

This grip is basically the only part of P-51D quadrant that is possible adapt in an desktop throttle. Their  "PTT" button could be adapted for a 4 way + push HAT.

BTW - 3D Print "replica" - that being "replica" have limited number of functions as "game controller": http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4445294/p51d-throttle-quadrants

48 минут назад, Buddy сказал:

^^how much is that one Vitaly? And also is it already built?

On "today" $ 265 + $ 25 for shipping out of Ukraine.
This one has already been sent to the customer, all my blocks are assembled under the order after payment and coordination of the design.
Production time about 2 months. Great queue.

10 часов назад, Cyborganic сказал:

Need to get in contact with you to realize an Idea of mine for a G940 Throttle.

I do not quite understand what you want.
The “afterburner” handle can only be installed on the “throttle” lever, since only it can be used to lay wires.

Write me a mail, maybe what I can help.

gvl224@ukt.net

About the alternate order.

Handles "Classic" at an angle to the horizon.

DSC_0547.JPG

DSC_0550.JPG

DSC_0551.JPG

DSC_0552.JPG

Edited by GVL224
  • Like 2

@GVL224  Do you have a collection of all your throttles on a web page anywhere, or should I just look through this thread? They are great! I'm trying to decide whether to chase a Virpil throttle, get a custom throttle from you, or just stick with my X52 throttle.

All new models of the throttle in this thread, as well as on my YouTube channel.
The blocks are made to order, taking into account the wishes of the customer and my capabilities.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I just waiting impatiently when  my Saitek quadrant  finally die. 

Edited by 307_Tomcat
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

Just ordered, this is exactly what I was looking for, its going to be a very immersive cockpit in VR.

You won't be disappointed - his work is top quality.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 часов назад, 307_Tomcat сказал:

Order Throttle can be in advance :).
Delivery time 1.5-2 months, a long queue.

On 12/18/2018 at 8:58 PM, 307_Tomcat said:

Throw it out the window.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Love that trim wheel module :)

Edited by J2_SteveF

Just curious, as I see a GVL throttle unit in my future 😄What's the thought/planning process that you guys go through to settle on a layout for one of these? With various aircraft having different cockpit configs and controls, do you design it around your favorite ride  with secondary thought to others or go for a kind of generic layout that will deal with all planes?

Good question I am fortunate I fly a real warbird, in my case I am making the same controllers as the ones in my plane (very similar to a Russian Yak/Lagg) 

Since the germans planes have auto rpms, auto mixture, auto cowl flaps (most of them).

If I have to choose, i would choose russian controllers, because in those planes you need mixture, rpms,cowl flpas,oil cooler, water cooler etc.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FlyingNutcase said:

Just curious, as I see a GVL throttle unit in my future 😄What's the thought/planning process that you guys go through to settle on a layout for one of these? With various aircraft having different cockpit configs and controls, do you design it around your favorite ride  with secondary thought to others or go for a kind of generic layout that will deal with all planes?

In my opinion, a generic/universal layout is better than one which tries to replicate a certain aircraft. Unless you never plan to use it for other aircraft and/or other games.

The layout I chosen attempted to achieve that and also to be usable (as much as possible) without looking at the throttle. So no randomly placed buttons, toggles, etc. Also not a lot of similar buttons in one place - such as one row of 8 identically shaped buttons (quickly distinguishing between them by feel becomes impossible).

For the same reason, I recommend to avoid personalized labels for buttons, toggles, dials (such as gear down, flaps, etc.) - I've seen a lot of those. After you use the throttle for a while, you might realize that a certain button/toggle/dial/lever is better to be assigned to a different function and a personalized label will suck. I used generic labels on mine (such as B1, B2,... for buttons;  T1, T2,.. for toggles;  A1, A2 for axis/potentiometers).

1 hour ago, Seb71 said:

In my opinion, a generic/universal layout is better than one which tries to replicate a certain aircraft. Unless you never plan to use it for other aircraft and/or other games.

The layout I chosen attempted to achieve that and also to be usable (as much as possible) without looking at the throttle. So no randomly placed buttons, toggles, etc. Also not a lot of similar buttons in one place - such as one row of 8 identically shaped buttons (quickly distinguishing between them by feel becomes impossible).

For the same reason, I recommend to avoid personalized labels for buttons, toggles, dials (such as gear down, flaps, etc.) - I've seen a lot of those. After you use the throttle for a while, you might realize that a certain button/toggle/dial/lever is better to be assigned to a different function and a personalized label will suck. I used generic labels on mine (such as B1, B2,... for buttons;  T1, T2,.. for toggles;  A1, A2 for axis/potentiometers).

TY motoadve, Seb.

Some great key points:

• Design it for operation-by-feel (useful for pancake but especially VR)
  • Keep the labeling generic.
  • Include all the controllers you'll need for any aircraft

Question: What special consideration should be given for twin-engine planes? Can the 2nd engine controls just be put on a Shift-button or perhaps a Shift-switch?

Twin engines are tricky with this throttle if you want levers for each engine. For instance, Virpil MongoosT-50 throttle can lock the two throttle levers together and that's not all: when locked, the "main" axis overrides the "secondary", so you can be sure that both engine throttles are set exactly the same (the game sees exactly the same value for both when linked).

You can use two levers for two engines (for throttle). Some are using simple levers (those levers with only a small ball at the end) for this. But then you don't have any buttons on those handles.

Or you can use a single lever for all engines even for bi-motor/tri-motor airplanes (unless an engine is damaged and maybe on the ground, you want this anyway). If/when necessary, you can select only a certain engine to be controlled.

Depending on aircraft, you also may have mixture and propeller pitch/rpm levers (one per engine), so you will need to do this engine selection thing anyway (otherwise you would need 6 separate levers), even if you use two levers as separate throttles.

Not being able to set individual bindings per aircraft in Il-2 BoX is also making bindings more complicated when you have a lot/all airplanes.

Edited by Seb71
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1