Would like to see an option to have the choice of females pilots ?

Female pilot option?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Would like to see an option to have the choice of females pilots ?

• Yes
    • No

Would like to see an option to have the choice of females pilots in IL2 WW2  ?

I really think it would add some spice realism and great details to our long lasted Sim.

This would be a good point to have as sale point for new comers and a great implementation to a genre that always had one gender.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_Airforce_Service_Pilots

220px-Lydia_Litvyak.JPG

800px-Florene_Watson_in_her_P-51.jpg

• Upvote 1

It would be a nice thing to give women the opportunity to choose a female alter ego. Totally irrelevant if sowjets and germans had or not. Relevant is the gender and liking of the players.

• Upvote 4

It would be a nice thing to give women the opportunity to choose a female alter ego. Totally irrelevant if sowjets and germans had or not. Relevant is the gender and liking of the players.

On that logic we should have an option to have pink jet fighters.

Yes. I was thinking about that, just the other day. Our female players may prefer Axis machines, so we may as well allow for a Axis female pilot. One thing that is great about Bioware games, like Mass Effect, is that you can create a character of  both genders or any combination of sociologically identifiable racial groups. Maybe, one day, a talented community member can create a third party mod that allows Bos players to create a character, pick a gender, skin color, hair color, etc.  :salute: MJ

Edited by =69.GIAP=MIKHA

Mikha - playing about making my own custom character was one of my favourite parts of MassEffect 2, and it'd be superb to have something like that in BoS. Not so essential given the amount of screen time the pilot gets, but we can dream.

• Upvote 1

Mikha - playing about making my own custom character was one of my favourite parts of MassEffect 2, and it'd be superb to have something like that in BoS. Not so essential given the amount of screen time the pilot gets, but we can dream.

+1 Yep, maybe one day. It would be awesome.  :cool:

Voted yes, I think the main obstacle is they'd need two new voice actors.

If Isida is able to do it, she should be one of the voices. She could be one of the models for the female pilots, too.    :happy: I think it would be cool if the voices were the voices of community members or the family members of community members.Then, for the the next decade or so, these female community members would hear their voices in the game. Neat-o.

:salute: MJ

Edited by =69.GIAP=MIKHA

Foobar +1   Yes 

"playing about making my own custom character was one of my favourite parts of MassEffect 2",

So true  :)

I really hope that the Devs could consider this.

And painting will require to load as "Mod" which many wont use unless it is into a pack.

Yes the shape of the 3D model should defer for sure. I see that there are in the IL2's team devs women that work there, I wonder what would they feel about it. Good question to ask.

Making a 3D female pilot(s) choices with small different facial shapes and textures is quite fast to do and not really time consuming.

If I had the pilot 3D file I could transform it into a female(s) version..

Years ago I did change the pilots of IL2:1946 the origina, l I couldn't bare to look at them anymore, wrong posture and just not quite right.. :)

Here some examples of my corrected 3D with a good pilot posture.

il2fb-2011-06-18-11-09-15-42.jpg

il2fb-2011-06-20-11-10-06-69.jpg

il2fb-2011-06-17-16-12-10-45.jpg

==

Here the English pilot in ILS:ClOD .. not quite there..

shot_20110520_220758-1.jpg

Here my English one ,  respecting the polygons number which was the same just re-arranged from the same model and same textures.

il2fb-2011-06-20-21-50-40-77.jpg

I'm please on what DCS of designing the pilots as well of the new release. When I saw the pilot of ROF I was very please as well and love the look and now in IL2:BOS the pilot looks great as well ! So really what we need now is a female(s) pilot(s) choice. This will give some nice unique identity to a combat sim.

Edited by GOZR
  • Upvote 1

Would you be more or less likely to play a game if your in game avatar had to be female? Some people couldn't care less but it would bother some.  If we want as many virtual pilots as possible to play this game then why not?  It would not change the game play for anyone else and might bring in a couple of new people to the game.  Comparing that change to "pink jet fighters"  is just plain silly. 

Would you be more or less likely to play a game if your in game avatar had to be female? Some people couldn't care less but it would bother some.  If we want as many virtual pilots as possible to play this game then why not?  It would not change the game play for anyone else and might bring in a couple of new people to the game.  Comparing that change to "pink jet fighters"  is just plain silly.

This whole thread is silly. You can type in any old name you want in your pilot's details in RoF, no reason to expect BoS would be any different, so if you want to lead II/JG3 in your own game world as Lady Penelope no-one is going to stop you. There is no real avatar: neither game has any part of the pilot visible from inside the cockpit, the only possible difference would be if you gave the outside view of the pilot large boobs visible despite a heavy flying suit, which I suspect would not go down well with the tiny number of females likely to be interested in this product.

Hard to believe what some of you are writing.  In the real world women are one of the toughest and fantastic pilots.

Plz do not need to sexualise or diminish what female pilot are and need a serious respect from Virtual pilots . I really think this can bring new comers, new souls and a great tribute to so many courageous women we lost during the war.

Thank you.

Edited by GOZR
  • Upvote 5

I would rather have devs devote their time to scenery, more planes, or Rise of Flight development (in reversed order).  It would be purely graphical and barely visible - I don't see my own pilot, I don't see other planes pilots in detail, only moment the difference would be visible would be when shooting parashutists and making movies (movie makers can and do use mods  for such  things, anyway).

If there are to be multiple pilot / ground control voices, one of soviet voice actors should be a woman. But making a model wuold be a waste of developers time on less-than-pressing matter.

• Upvote 1

http://youtu.be/ZcVwkdkia6U

http://youtu.be/2ZKVUyvKRrQ

http://youtu.be/uvnagXeqfOI

http://youtu.be/V9AZymISk20

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/291-female-pilots-vvs/

http://jpgleize.perso.neuf.fr/aces/ww2fem.htm

Rank First Name Name Country Ww2 Victories Sources Detail Air Service Units Death Note Other Sources mlLt Lydya 'Lilya'Vladimirovna LITVYAK USSR 16 [12+4] T. Polak (1 balloon) PVO & VVS 586 IAP, 437 IAP, 6 IAD, 296 IAP, 73 IAP 01/08/1943 Female ace, Yak-1. KIA. 13;12+3;11+3;5+7(Bykov) stLt Ekaterina Vasilevna BUDANOVA USSR 11 [6+5] T. Polak, V.Arkhipov   PVO & VVS 586 IAP, 9 GIAP, 296 IAP, 73 GIAP 08/07/1943 Female ace, Stalingrad front. 6;12;14;10(1993 citation)   Klaudiia Yakovlevna FOMICHYOVA USSR 11 [0+11] V.Arkhipov (web Wio) (ground kills?) VVS 125 GBAP 06/10/1958 Pe-2 female ace.   Kapt Klaudia PANKRATOVA TUBALOVA USSR 4   A.Abramov   VVS 586 IAP   Yak female fighter pilot.   stLt Raisa Vasilevna BELIAEVA USSR 3 [1+2] A.Abramov   PVO 437 IAP, 586 IAP 19/07/1943 Yak female pilot, 1942-43. KIFA. 4   Galina Pavlovna BURDINA USSR 3 [2+1] A.Abramov   PVO 586 IAP   Yak female pilot, 1943-45. 2 (Pennington) Kapt Maria Ivanovna DOLINA USSR 3 [0+3] A.E. Melnikov   VVS 587 BAP, 125 GvBAP   Pe-2 female bomber pilot.     Antonina Vasilevna'Tonia' LEBEDEVA USSR 3   A.Abramov   VVS 586 IAP, 434 IAP, 65 GIAP   Yak female fighter pilot. 1+1sh   Raisa Nefedovna SURNACHEVSKAIA USSR 3 [2+1] R.Pennington   PVO 586 IAP   Yak female pilot, 1943-45. 2 (Abramov); 0+4sh stLt Olga Nikolaevna YAMSHCHIKOVA USSR 3   A.Abramov   VVS 586 IAP   Yak female fighter pilot. 17; 1sh   Anja Ivanovna BODRIAGINA USSR 2   A.Abramov   VVS     Female fighter pilot.   Maj Galina Ivanovna DZHUNKOVSKA MARKOVA USSR 2 [0+2] A.E.Melnikov, A.Abramov   VVS 587 BAP, 125 GBAP (gunner) 12/09/1985 Pe-2 female bomber gunner, 1943-45.     Shura MUKUSEEVA USSR 2   A. Abramov   VVS 566 ShAP (gunner)   Sturmovik female gunner.   stLt Tamara Ustinovna PAMIATNYKH USSR 2   R.Pennington   PVO 586 IAP   Yak female pilot, 1943-45. 0+4sh stLt Yekaterina Ivanovna ZELENKOVA USSR 2   A.Abramov (1 taran) VVS 135 BBAP 12/09/1941 Bomber female pilot, Su-2, 1941. KIA.     Maria BARTAKOVA USSR 1 [0+1]     VVS     Female fighter pilot.     Maria Mashenka 'Masha' BATRAKOVA USSR 1 [0+1] A.Abramov   VVS 586 IAP   Yak female pilot. MIA 1945.     A. N. DEMCHENKOVA USSR 1       VVS 586 IAP   Yak female fighter pilot, 1944.   Lt Valerya Ivanovna KHOMYAKOVA USSR 1   A.E. Melnikov   VVS 586 IAP 30/09/1942 Female fighter pilot, Yak-1, 1942.   stLt Tamara Fyodorovna KONSTANTINOVA USSR 1   A.Abramov   VVS 386 AP, 566 ShAP, 999 ShAP   Female Sturmovik pilot.     Masha M. KUZNETSOVA USSR 1 [0+1]     VVS 586 IAP   Yak female fighter pilot.   Lt Valentina M. LISITSYNA USSR 1 [0+1] Abramov   VVS 586 IAP   Yak female fighter pilot, 1943.     Irina Ivanovna OLKOVOVA USSR 1 [0+1] A.Abramov   VVS 586 IAP   Yak female fighter pilot.   mlLt Valentina S. PETROCHENKOVA USSR 1 [0+1] A.Abramov   VVS 586 IAP   Yak, female fighter pilot, 1943.     Zynaida Fedorova SOLOMATINA USSR 1 [0+1] A.Abramov   VVS 586 IAP   Yak female fighter pilot.     Lidia Ivanovna SULKINOVA USSR 1   J.Safaryk   VMF 7 GShAP-KBF   Female fighter pilot.     Olga I. YAKOVLEVA USSR 1 [0+1] A.Abramov   VVS 586 IAP   Yak female fighter pilot, 1943.     N. Aleksandrovna ZHURKINA USSR 1   A.Abramov   VVS 99 GORAP   Female radio operator gunner. 2

Yes Trupobaw ,   Same thing were said during WW1 or WW2. I think we need to start changing this mentality.

"But making a model would be a waste of developers time on less-than-pressing matter."

Why not break this old macho image and making a 3D pilot can be made by members. better to implement it while things are not yet set like a rock and part of the project list. But this would be a great exemplary for the future Sim to come and not as a mod. Anyway I will not argue but to me it is important.

http://youtu.be/4uObDK4gslU

Edited by GOZR
  • Upvote 1

Women pilots found their greatest acceptance in the Red Air Force, partly out of egalitarian ideology and partly because the one thousand women who volunteered were excellent pilots. An impressive thirty Citations of Hero of the Soviet Union went to women pilots, twenty- three to members of the 588th Night Bomber Regiment— the so-called Night Witches, who flew whatever planes they could find (even if they were slow P0-2 biplanes) to bomb the enemy. Three entire regiments of the Air Force were made up entirely of women, and some became legendary combat pilots.

The most famous of them was Lilya Litvyak, known as the “White Rose of Stalingrad,” a pilot with twenty-two kills to her credit before she was shot down. Other women whose exploits were hailed both in Russia and throughout the world were Anna Yegorova, one of the most proficient Shturmovik pilots (previously thought to be too difficult a plane for a woman to fly); Natalya Meklin, a teenage member of the Night Witches who flew 840 missions in less than three years; Valeria Khomyakova, a member of the 566th Fighter Regiment who became famous for being the first woman to down a German bomber, a JU88, in 1942; and Olga Yamschikova, the top woman ace of the war with seventeen kills, who volunteered for combat after serving as a flight instructor preparing many men to fly fighter aircraft.

http://www.century-of-flight.net/Aviation%20history/WW2/Russians.htm

We will have the IL2 soon.. and Women played a big part of the IL2 as pilots or gunners.

Edited by GOZR

Hard to believe what some of you are writing.  In the real world women are one of the toughest and fantastic pilots.

Plz do not need to sexualise or diminish what female pilot are and need a serious respect from Virtual pilots . I really think this can bring new comers, new souls and a great tribute to so many courageous women we lost during the war.

Thank you.

Yes Trupobaw ,  

Same thing were said during WW1 or WW2. I think we need to start changing this mentality.[/size][/size]

"But making a model would be a waste of developers time on less-than-pressing matter."

Why not break this old macho image and making a 3D pilot can be made by members. better to implement it while things are not yet set like a rock and part of the project list. But this would be a great exemplary for the future Sim to come and not as a mod. Anyway I will not argue but to me it is important.

http://youtu.be/4uObDK4gslU

Then stop being so sanctimonious about it, you might get less ridicule.