Jump to content

Single player Campaigns translated


Semor76
 Share

Recommended Posts

Ladies & Gentlemen

 

Here are the translated files for Piper_Kiev´s excellent written single player campaigns!

 

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13247

 

After 2 days, and translating over 200 mis.files one by one ,I´ve made a complete repack including all necessary skin packs for each campaign. The goal of this task was to create a "ready to fly" pack for those who enjoy the single player aspect of IL-2 CoD BLITZ.

 

I didn´t own any of these Missions or Skins. All credits belongs to their respective Authors!

As far as I understand,those are the final version of these campaigns and they are written for TF 4.312 and should be fully compatible for TF 4.5 BLITZ

By the sheer amount of mission files to translate, I may overlooked a file.If you found one of these,post it here, and I will correct them.

 

I use Google translate and correct some parts by hand. So maybe some of the mission descriptions sounds a bit weird, but in the end, the user gets an good overview about the historical background and what to do in each mission.

 

How to use:

 

1.Step. Download part one, and unzip it to a safe place. Then go to: Steam/Steamapps/common/IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz/parts/bob/mission/campaign and delete everything inside. Then,copy the content of the unzipped part into it.

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xBPautixG1UoY9HpVE5dghEzMWhDROtX/view?usp=sharing

 

Attention! Fix for Erpr.Gr.210 Just delete the campaign files that comes with the pack above and replace it with this one.

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14U9EZ7IdBG5ubYcGjIwiS2eI9B53NJYe/view?usp=sharing

 

2.Step. Download part 2, and unzip it to a safe place. Then go to: your name/documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/mission/campaign and delete everything inside.

Then,copy the content of the unzipped part 2 into it.  Note: I try to make it idiot proof, but regarding the skin folder, keep the file structure intact and let the skin folder who comes with this part overwrite the original files!

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W2VbQRwHjv_gba10-yFvH6nczTBSSjT8/view?usp=sharing

 

That´s it. you´re done and ready to fly.

 

The following campaigns are repacked:

 

Battle of Britain by Piper_Kiev

7UnBmtJ.png

 

Battle of France by Piper-Kiev

xGXwaw6.png

 

 

Bristol Blenheim by Piper Kiev

OmpOqSl.png

 

Luftwaffe Redux by Bolox & Gabuzomeu

JStl8A6.png

 

Dunkirk,Operation Dynamo by Piper-Kiev

iaXuEu6.png

 

Erpr.Gr.210 by Piper-Kiev,Geniok,Axel 37

w7HO4Pq.png

 

GB campaign Redux by Heinkill,Bolox &  Gabuzomeu

DyoOGEm.png

 

Kampfgeschwader 54 by Piper-Kiev

7SOSlt2.png

 

Stukageschwader 1 by Piper-Kiev

gue6PXG.png

 

II./ZG26 Horst Wessel by Piper_Kiev

ESOz4Am.png

 

III./JG-2 by Piper-Kiev

fZZDgfP.png

 

JG-53 Pik As by Piper-Kiev

FDiv9hK.png

 

NJG.1 by Piper-Kiev

PLwEhDX.png

 

JG-26 Schlageter by Piper-Kiev (I highly recomment this,one of the best I´ve ever played in CoD)

lHE7W6O.png

 

KG-53 Legion Condor by Piper-Kiev

g3FG5fA.png

 

Back in 2006, as I read the first  announcements and saw the first screenshots of CoD over at SimHQ, I followed all the drama over the years, and I never thought this sim will ever be a stable platform.

But CoD is a good example for what is possible in the flight sim community!

 

All hail goes out to Piper_Kiev, Heinkill, Mysticpuma,Buzzsaw and all the other crazy maniacs at Team Fusion who keeps this sim alive over the past years.

 

Long live Oleg Maddox....

 

Long live IL-2 Sturmovik !

Edited by Semor76
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Devs please add workshop on steam :sorry:

I know it's not hard to download these campaigns but workshop is really awesome thing, it makes mods way more popular since most people don't sit on forum and they will never find these missions. Easy one click download and you can already play is a great thing. Easy and fast updates, no need to look on forum for new updated version, turn on steam, autodownload patch and done.

 

@up

Also great job, it's weird that no one really decieded to translate these campaigns before. I played dunkirk only since most were in russians and i saw no point in playing like this.

Edited by InProgress
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, InProgress said:

@up

Also great job, it's weird that no one really decieded to translate these campaigns before. I played dunkirk only since most were in russians and i saw no point in playing like this.

Thanks.

 

Before I forget it: Dunkirk & Luftwaffe Redux was already translated. I put it in the pack to make it complete. The GB Redux campaign is still in German. I will make the translation into english in the next days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

Thanks.

 

Before I forget it: Dunkirk & Luftwaffe Redux was already translated. I put it in the pack to make it complete. The GB Redux campaign is still in German. I will make the translation into english in the next days.

yeah, like 2 or something :P That was my point, for years no one translated them into english which is werid. Don't believe no russian here speaks english :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, InProgress said:

yeah, like 2 or something :P That was my point, for years no one translated them into english which is werid. Don't believe no russian here speaks english :P

Well,it´s all about laziness... imagine if you have to open each mis. file, copy the content to google translate and back, then read trough the result, and repeat this process for the next 30-40 mission files untill ONE campaign is complete.  Belive me, it´s Impossible to archive this without the help of 1..2..3 cold Beer

 

:drinks:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Buzzsaw pinned this topic

Thank you very much Semor76 for making these available, really appreciated. :drinks:

 

 

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2018 at 12:28 AM, Buzzsaw said:

Thanks very much Semor!  😎

I thought it was time to give something back to the community. That´s all.

 

Thx for moving this thread in the right subforum.

Edited by Semor76
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Semor76 said:

I thought it was time to give something back to the community. That´s all.

 

Thx for moving this tread in the right subforum.

Will actually be moving it again... as the Admins will be creating 'Single Player' and 'Multiplayer' sections.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Attention!

 

I´ve found a bug in the Erpr.Gr.210 Campaign that leads to a AI crash at mission start.

 

Corrected version added to the initial post!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bichu said:

Amazing contribution!

I wish all newcomers like me would have access to this!

Good idea. I will set a link to this topic in the ATAG forums

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for this! I'd given up on CoD due to poor ai and lack of sp content. Decided to give these a try and they're great so far! Lots of content now and the ai is definitely challenging.

Edited by pht0830
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, pht0830 said:

...CoD ... due to poor ai.... and the ai is definitely challenging.

 

:scratch_one-s_head: :wacko:  :biggrin:

Edited by Sokol1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
On 9/18/2018 at 7:06 AM, Semor76 said:

2.Step. Download part 2, and unzip it to a safe place. Then go to: your name/documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/mission/campaign and delete everything inside.

Then,copy the content of the unzipped part 2 into it.  Note: I try to make it idiot proof, but regarding the skin folder, keep the file structure intact and let the skin folder who comes with this part overwrite the original files!

 

Maybe I'm an idiot...

Part 2.7z contains: \CoD Campaigns Part 2\

then two folders inside of it: \campaign\ and \PaintSchemes\

 

If I follow the directions as they are stated, I end up with: \documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\campaign\(all the campaign folders)

And also: \documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\PaintSchemes

 

Is this really right?  My brain is telling me this isn't right.

 

What I think should happen:

The .7z contents of \CoD Campaigns Part 2\campaigns\ should get placed in to \documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\

The .7z contents of \CoD Campaigns Part 2\PaintSchemes\ should get placed in to \documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\

  • Which allows the skins to be placed in the appropriate folders based on the existing file structure.

 

Again, sorry if I'm being an idiot and over complicating things, but after following the directions things just didn't look right to me from a folder structure standpoint.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Campaign install:

 

Campaign main files - or missions, scripts you should place in:

 

...SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\bob\mission\campaign\"campaign name"

 

Skins in

 

...\documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\PaintSchemes\"plane name"

 

The folder

 

 ...\documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\"campaing name"

 

Should contain only a file "State.ini"

 

This is valid for any campaign, unless have too custom DLL, this file have a different placement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Sokol1 said:

...\documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\PaintSchemes\"plane name"

 

So Paint Schemes ARE needed in that location.  Interesting. Clear now.  Thanks @Sokol1!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This is pretty unbelievable.These campaigns seem to replace all my old campaigns ( which Ironically I just got working again !) and give me even more.Downloading now & hope install goes as smoothly as you describe

( "What conceivably could go wrong?").

Thanks!

Dahl_Gremlins.jpg

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Too easy worked like a charm.Only one campaign title remained in Russian Cyrillic: the description is in English and it starts on the 20th of May 1940.Any fix I might apply?

raf-plane-disaster-crash-in-tree-wind-miscalcuation-ww2-military-comic-postcard-34892-p.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this - a great set of campaigns.

 

I placed the custom skins as advised in:  ...\documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\PaintSchemes\"plane name"

 

But they don't show up in the campaign missions - they still seem to be referencing the default location:  …\Steam\SteamApps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\Painschemes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Yardstick said:

Thanks for this - a great set of campaigns.

 

I placed the custom skins as advised in:  ...\documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\PaintSchemes\"plane name"

 

But they don't show up in the campaign missions - they still seem to be referencing the default location:  …\Steam\SteamApps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\Painschemes

Saluté. I´m at work shift till tonight. But will have a look at it later.

 

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it just the one link that is needed? the first download link ask for permission, the fix link works and part 2 link works but says part 1.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/21/2020 at 10:08 PM, Yardstick said:

I placed the custom skins as advised in:  ...\documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\PaintSchemes\"plane name"

 

But they don't show up in the campaign missions - they still seem to be referencing the default location:  …\Steam\SteamApps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\Painschemes

 

Correct place for custom skins is  - considering Tobruk update:

 

...\Documentos\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\PaintSchemes\Skins\"Plane name, model" eg. Beaufighter_MkIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 4:01 AM, Semor76 said:

Updated links in the first post.

 

Thank you! :good:

 

Edit: Hi Semor76,

 

Of the 3 links in your OP, I can't download the first one.  It said "Access Denied" so I sent you a request for access.

 

Cheers!

 

Edited by KodiakJac
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2021 at 4:55 PM, KodiakJac said:

 

-Snip-

 

Saluté

 

Sorry for that. should be fixed now. Please report back if you can download the files now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Pt2 is now locked as Pt1 had been, "access needed" :ph34r:

Jeeez...what the hell.

 

Grrrrr..

 

@Dauntless

 

Ok folks, all links (should) be fixed now. pls report back.

Edited by Semor76
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9./JG52_J-HAT
On 9/18/2018 at 2:25 PM, InProgress said:

Devs please add workshop on steam :sorry:

I know it's not hard to download these campaigns but workshop is really awesome thing, it makes mods way more popular since most people don't sit on forum and they will never find these missions. Easy one click download and you can already play is a great thing. Easy and fast updates, no need to look on forum for new updated version, turn on steam, autodownload patch and done.

 

@up

Also great job, it's weird that no one really decieded to translate these campaigns before. I played dunkirk only since most were in russians and i saw no point in playing like this.


 

I know this is a pretty old post, but Steam Workshop would make life a lot easier for single players. All these campaigns and single missions, skins etc. could be added through there, would make finding them all way easier for the casual player that doesn’t know his way around the forums.

 

Right now one needs to know where to look (ATAG mostly and here too up to a point).

 

Would be a great addition. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, 9./JG52_J-HAT said:


 

I know this is a pretty old post, but Steam Workshop would make life a lot easier for single players. All these campaigns and single missions, skins etc. could be added through there, would make finding them all way easier for the casual player that doesn’t know his way around the forums.

 

Right now one needs to know where to look (ATAG mostly and here too up to a point).

 

Would be a great addition. 

Basically yes. But let´s face the facts:

 

1. There is very little new community content for single players. On top of this, the Dev´s didn´t have a bigger interest to open the game for modders:

 

 

2. The campaigns that I have listed above are very old and all have it´s issues, and many of them are game breaking and these campaigns needs some serious rework to function propperly.

 

3. Just have a look at the Steam charts....Avg. Players= 28 in the last 30 Days with a peak of 97. This is simply devastating and IMHO not even the implementation of VR will change this to the better.

 

37706015_Screenshot2021-09-23at11-42-12IL-2SturmovikCliffsofDoverBlitz-SteamCharts.thumb.png.17f19210715b64fda4c3709c4fb0e394.png

 

You mention casual players. Which causual players? The very most of the recent player base are old chaps like me who still play this sim for pure nostalgic reasons ^^

 

I´m always a positive person, but I think this time steam workshop isn´t worth the time and effort for this nearly non existent player based content.

 

 Again: let´s face the facts: This sim is pretty much dead.

 

 

Edited by Semor76
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9./JG52_J-HAT

I am well aware of the situation of CloD. It isn’t good.

 

Not mods. Steam Workshop can be used to distribute content for the game. Like missions. These still get uploaded to ATAG. They could be uploaded to Steam instead and be easier to find. And get some community engagement. 

 

Casual player: the ones that start playing the game, can’t find too much to do offline (because they got it on Steam for 5 bucks and don’t really know what ATAG is or maybe even this forum and haven’t convinced themselves to pay 40 more for Tobruk and get some more campaigns - or bought it in 2011, never really played it because of how the game was on release etc. and decide to try it out now) don’t want to play on a server with a max population of 20 (if they are lucky to be on on the right day and time) and if they do, they will find out most of them are 10 year old veterans that will kill them without them knowing where it came from. Just to then leave the game and go somewhere else.
Exactly the opposite of the hardcore fans that haven’t moved away.

Which are already the converted. That will go through all the hurdles (and mostly know how to) to get the sim going and get their fun out of it. So that is not the target audience. 
 

If we go by your logic, why bother with anything in CloD? We got Warthunder, BoS and DCS. Just shut down any development and whoever wants to fly CloD will be the same category as the EAW, 1946 etc. players nowadays. Enjoy a legacy game with no support whatsoever. Sort of like it was between around 2013 and 2017 with TF Mods.

 

If everyone that says they don’t play because there is no player base would just go online, we would have full servers every night.

 

If every tiny aspect of the game that puts off players would be solved, we would have full server every night and a lot more single players.

 

If these smaller accessibility aspects got solved, we would have more players.


The decision has been made to continue developing the game though. So whatever path TFS can realistically go down should be analyzed and considered as a possibility. Of which Steam Workshop is one.


Could be that adding a Workshop option to CloD would retain new players. Maybe it wouldn’t change anything. Either there is some concrete data for analysis to base such a decision on or they decide to do it or not solely based on opinion and resources available. 

 

It’s up to TFS to decide what they need working on and what not, if they want new players and how to get and retain them or how to tend to the hardcore players.

 

Time will tell if the decisions made were the right ones.

 

I personally hope VR and the visual update brings players to the game. And TF6 also brings more players. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, we will look at adding the content to a Steam Workshop.  👍

 

Not sure when this will happen as our guys are very busy with other work right now.

14 hours ago, Semor76 said:

Basically yes. But let´s face the facts:

 

1. There is very little new community content for single players. On top of this, the Dev´s didn´t have a bigger interest to open the game for modders:

 

 

2. The campaigns that I have listed above are very old and all have it´s issues, and many of them are game breaking and these campaigns needs some serious rework to function propperly.

 

3. Just have a look at the Steam charts....Avg. Players= 28 in the last 30 Days with a peak of 97. This is simply devastating and IMHO not even the implementation of VR will change this to the better.

 

37706015_Screenshot2021-09-23at11-42-12IL-2SturmovikCliffsofDoverBlitz-SteamCharts.thumb.png.17f19210715b64fda4c3709c4fb0e394.png

 

You mention casual players. Which causual players? The very most of the recent player base are old chaps like me who still play this sim for pure nostalgic reasons ^^

 

I´m always a positive person, but I think this time steam workshop isn´t worth the time and effort for this nearly non existent player based content.

 

 Again: let´s face the facts: This sim is pretty much dead.

 

 

Hello Semor

 

Actually the Sim is very much alive... we are actively working to update it and bring it forward.

 

I think you will see the game's visual standards will be considerably improved with the release of the Visual Update happens and you will see we can offer elements and experiences which other games can't duplicate when we make the announcement for TF 6.0.

 

Of course you will need to be patient... nothing happens overnight.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Buzzsaw said:

I think you will see the game's visual standards will be considerably improved with the release of the Visual Update happens and you will see we can offer elements and experiences which other games can't duplicate when we make the announcement for TF 6.0.

Thanks Buzz 😎

BTW, when is 1C going to make the TF 6.0. announcement, before or after the Visual Update is released?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...