Ptk

[MOD] Hangar View Fov/Triple Screen Mods

bombsight_Test - attempt to fix, I don't fly bombers so let me know if its borked. There is 2 alpha.png in the pad folder, switch between the 2 (rename to alpha.png) and see how it is.

bombsight_TEST.rar

Toned_down_Sun_Triples - this one is better for triples. 

Toned_down_Sun_Triples.rar

This will move the techchat, map and speed/info bar closer to the center of the screen. Not a big fan of the way this works, but might be ok for some.

3dhud = 1,  and set or_hud_size = 0.35000ish in the startup.cfg file. Your setting for or_hud_size may be different, I'm using different hangar fov settings . This will move them closer to the center of your view, but they follow your head movement and fov, try it and you'll see what I mean.

Also changing scale = 1.00000 under [KEY = interface] in the startup.cfg will affect the size of things. <than 1.000 will let you see more of the map, but will make the menus/items smaller. >1.00000 will do the opposite. It's a tradeoff.

Loading screens adjusted to fit triples.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/z5ngi9n07porp5i/Triples_Loading_3201.rar/file

This sets a wider fov for the hangar at game start and on the plane setup screen.

Hangar_Triples_3201.rar

Edited by Ptk
triples loading
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Hello,

I'm not a triple screen user, but this mod allows to see the entire aircraft in the plane set-up screen. Far better view to select a skin.

I was hoping for something like that since BoS 1st day...

Thank you PtK! :)

Right on. If you want to fine tune it just edit fov= "" under the [cam] heading in both text files. 60 is default.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

So, say fov=80 will simply give an even larger field of view in the hanger? What was the original setting in the game? Thanks again.

60 is game default, the mod changes it to 90. Higher values will let you see more. Not sure what the limits are, but you'll get bad stretching if you go too high. Probably not necessary to go above 110.

Going too high or low may cause issues, change at your own risk.

fov.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thank you, thank you and thank you!!!!

Such a simple fix that allows me to see the whole airplane after all this years.... Too bad devs didn't tell us this part was of the (in-general-screwed-up) "2d" config for three monitors was so easy to fix.

Now it would be awesome if you could do the same for the map and the Bomsight of he-111 and the pe-2...🙏

Not having any luck with the bomb sights. It's probably buried somewhere I haven't come across.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chipi said:

Too bad... That's probably hardcoded somewhere in the code, and not in an editable config file.

File added.

1 hour ago, Ptk said:

File added.

I fell down from the sofa and started running upstairs to check this!!!!

I'll report back ASAP

Quick first results. My resolution is 60150x1200.

I tried to get always the same TGT, but when the plane spawns in the air, it does it with a random heading, so I cound not get always the same image.
the 3-monitor screenshots are taken from the same altitude though

original 1 screen bombsight

20170721125358_1_zps2udd1lkm.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL BOMSIGHT ON MY MONITORS

ORIGINAL.jpg

MODDED BOMBSIGHT with your file

MODDED.thumb.jpg.2c37fcb17e0e4cba4179673b5c59cd21.jpg

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Your the triplescreen guru!!!!

maybe you could explain us what you did so we can fin tune it ourselves....

Edited by Chipi

Yeah it's some weird combo of fov, texture size and stretching due to the wide screen. All the files I changed are in the mod. You can get the originals using ungtp and compare. The -alpha(rename the original and delete the -) in the pad folder will bring the black surrounding the sight to its edges. I wasn't sure if I was losing some "view" that way. You have to turn off the mod and renable if using jsgme.

Edited by Ptk

10 minutes ago, Ptk said:

Yeah it's some weird combo of fov, texture size and stretching due to the wide screen. All the files I changed are in the mod. You can get the originals using ungtp and compare. The -alpha(rename the original and delete the -) in the pad folder will bring the black surrounding the sight to its edges. I wasn't sure if I was losing some "view" that way. You have to turn off the mod and renable if using jsgme.

Did you just resize the image or did you added canvas to the left and right?

Anyhow this is a huge step forward on the right direction. Thanks

Edited by Chipi

Deleted the colored/hole layer and resized for alpha.

Resized, but kept the same size "hole" for -alpha.

This is what I get if i use the -alpha file

MODDED WITH ALPHA.jpg

38 minutes ago, Ptk said:

You can get the originals using ungtp and compare.

Now makes sense the "using ungpt" part which I had not understood before.

In my original installation I can´t find the bombsight folder...

i have no clue what this ungpt thnig is and how to use it...😟

OK, I already figured out how it works (or I think it works) with the original GTP files and the Modded ones.

I was able to extract the original file and compare.

It's a pity that I won't be able to use this online, but at least I can use the bombsight with the mods enabled mode.

Thank you again for showing me the way...🙏

Regarding the fov_triples - changes the initial fov. It's always too zoomed in for triples it works on my PC too. It is nice to have a way to adjust the FOV numerically and for all the planes at once, but the problem is that if it is a MOD, it's probably going to be restricted in multiplayer, and in this case it is a biggie for me.

I had already adjusted and saved all the default cockpit view for each plane, the ones that are saved under data/Luascripts/Snapviews.

This brings me to some nother questions:

would it possible to repack the GTP that include the luascripts/cameras files using the modded wide fov camera settings, so there is no need to adjust and save each snapview individually?

How would this affect the MODs on / MODs off status?

I use trackir, so I set my head as far back as it can go with trackir off, save as default, then turn on my trackir. It's just more convenient to have a little more fov initially, I adjust it all the time in flight though.

Nope. 

I assume this would get you kicked in mp? I will be beginning my online play (offering myself up for target practice and then analyzing my flights) soon, so I don't want to compromise my installation! 

Thanks for the efforts, nonetheless.  I wish the devs would fix these things! I'm sure the priority is on VR, but I'm not jumping on that till we have better FOV in VR, 1 screen and the VR equivalent is so narrow, 3 screens is so immersive! Granted, I haven't sim'd in VR yet, so... 

Yeah, I feel the same about vr, going to wait a bit. Triples are pretty good in the meantime.

As far as compromising your install, just load/unload everything with jsgme. Multiple installs work fine too.

These mods are great!!  Thanks for your work.

I tried your HUD fix by setting 3dhud = 1, and or_hud_size = 0.35000.  But that turned on VR.  

I would like to just move the HUD info close to the center so I can see them on my 5760x1080 Triplescreens.  Is there any way to do this??

Thanks again for your great work!!

For some reason the fov_triples mod does not work for me..

I see it replaces some .lua files in the data/luascripts/camera folder.  But I don't have a camera folder!!  Is that camera folder supposed to exist in the stock game???  I am wondering if I accidentally deleted it, or ovgme deleted it?    I deleted my updates folder and re-ran the update, but it did not re-create a camera folder.

DD

After reading this and other posts, and Im on triples also.

Ive been playing around with the the startup  cfg file.

3dhud = 1

or_hud_size = 0.14500 (approx)

Will put (at least for myself) the Map and GUI, in a window in the middle of the screens.

Problems: the size is  FOV-zoom connected...So the "Map" as GUI, the "Start/end/setting stuff" ticks can be set (or_hud_size)

outside of  your bezels. (hunt n find to mouse click). In-pit.... the "Map" is Zoom" connected, and is ratio'd smaller.

Its a bastardized solution to certain  developed limitations of this Game

(Ive done a lot of startup cfg file manipulation of late, trying this...best Ive come up with. (Mods off) Better,  but far

from the game being able to be combat proficient...)

Hope something in this helps in connection with this thread

II.//JG1_Heinz "Moxy" Schulte  "CO"

Il-2 2019-09-02 10-41-23.jpg

Il-2 2019-09-02 11-27-58.jpg

Il-2 2019-09-02 11-33-39.jpg

Edited by II./JG1_Schulte

Loading screens adjusted to fit triples. Link in first post.

Posted (edited)

@PtkHave you tried to change the camera pitch in hanger with latest update? I have my own mod done since months, but it seems that camera pitch is not working anymore with latest patch. Maybe attribute "pitch" is obsolate.

Would be interesting if you can reproduce this behavior..

Edited by Tom25briklebritt