30 minutes ago, blackram said:

The Alliexpress option is much more expensive than US/EU stores.

Depends on shipping option mostly and atleast before they changed the EU store, it was not really any more expensive than that.

But sure, if the product is avaliable at all stores and Aliexpress is more expensive or if you are willing to wait weeks or months for your preorder, then there's no need for Aliexpress.

Edited by Matt

We need to calculate the final price guys. If I want Trudders to be shipped to Croatia (simmilar shipping to other EU countries) that means 215$ for pedals plus DHL shipping 86$ ("includes" VAT, but not always so its a lottery!). So the final price (if lucky with customs) would be 301$. If I order from EU store the pedals are 189 EUR, means 215$ (includes VAT) and shipping is around 20 EUR (22$). So the final price is 235$. So 301 vs 235$ is a big difference for us who doesnt live in a rich part of the world. With that said I can wait one more month.

With all that said I still think VKB is a sweet spot for flight gear, something like BEST BUY or mid to high range graphic card in gaming world.

Virpil is top stuff but costs alot more and doesnt have "desktop solution". with VKB you still have metal gymbal mechanism, precision and KG12 grip for WW2 buffs with MCG grip as an option. We just wait for their throttle.

Edited by blackram

VKb or Virpil, those are really the only two serious choices right, there is nothing that really compares to them, no third choice ?, I have been waiting months now...

BRADYS555

There are not many options in the joystick market. Can say that in last years the offer increase ~40% with arrive of VKB and VPC. Ignoring OEM, "no name" Chinese brands is:

Logitech 3D PRO

Logitech Saitek X-52 (HOTAS)

Logitech Saitek X-52 PRO (HOTAS)

Logitech Saitek X-56 (HOTAS)

CH Flightstick - standalone or + CH PRO Throttle  (both obsolete 8 bits electronics)

CH Combatstick - standalone or + CH PRO Throttle  (both obsolete 8 bits electronics)

CH Fighterstick - standalone or + CH PRO Throttle  (both obsolete 8 bits electronics)

Thustmaster T.1600M - standalone or + TWCS throttle

Thrustmaster Warthog - standalone or + Warthog throttle

VKB Gladiator "vanilla"

VKB Gladiator PRO (3 grip options)

VKB Gunfigther (3 grip options)

VirPil (VPC) WarBRD (2 grip options) - standalone or + VPC throttle

Why VKB and VPC is a "thing"?

Because they set an new "standard" in joystick gimbal mechanism precision, the option more close to this is Warthog, in which the "Achilles Heel" is precisely the gimbal mechanism.

Edited by Sokol1

I was kind of Joking before about taking a Holiday just so I could buy a controller in Europe and have it sent home, but not so much now, can one "Visit" the factory at either VKB or Virpil ?

Not sure what you're asking, exactly, but I doubt they have procedures in place for selling products other than through their webshops.

Rumors say there is a chance from Santa's bag come with a new batch of VKB's, maybe including "Kosmosima" grip and an new linear profile CAM option.

Edited by Sokol1

Beta tester of "Kosmosima" H.O.S.A.S. (Hands on Stick and Stick) grips (L/R) with "twist" - optimized for "space games", will start "soon"™.

qvdnv45rzv121.jpg

Pre-condition for participate in beta test:

"Candidates should have at least two bases: either two Gunfighter **, or Gunfighter and Gladiator Pro MK.II".

https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments/a2eai2/vkb_recruting_testers_for_cosmosima_grip/

Edited by Sokol1

Left and right handed Sticks, for dual stick applications, very nice, It would be even better if there some we could buy  :)

The Thrustmaster T16000m can be configured for either left or right handed use. :salute:

I had waited for the VKB Gladiator upgrade kit for nearly a year (first release date was Feb 2018).  Gladiator is great, but I dont think VKB has EVER met a deadline.  It’s so bad that they just stopped giving release dates for anything until it’s already done. Love the controller, but the company is really jacked up.

Just received this email from VKB:

Hi guys,

here’s a quick availability announcement:

VKB HQ allotted a small batch* of the VKB Gunfighter Mk.II 'Modern Combat Edition' to VKB North America, and standard ordering for it is open now (please allow a 2-3 day lead time for before your Gunfighter ships).

*The next large batch is expected in Q1 of 2019, and should include Gunfighter w/ KG12 grip, and Gunfighter Base-only options as well. 

Just got the same email and quickly made a purchase. I was scared the whole time that I'll get Out of Stock message before I get to type in my credit card and click submit. :)

If you are living in the EU you also can choose the Ravcore Javelin. You easily can order through Amazon and AFAIK it is identical (OEM license build) with the VKB Gladiator Mk. II.

https://www.ravcore.com/produkty/javelin/

https://www.amazon.de/RAVCORE-C0521237-Ravcore-Jevelin-Joystick/dp/B01LYHNLYM

I'm using it and as far as I can say I'm very satisfied with it.

Review on the russian BoX forum (use chrome for translation) here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/4898-ravcore-javelin-gaming-joystick/?page=1

Edited by sevenless

FYI - Small batch of Gunfighter base + MCG PRO grip is available in vkbcontrollers (.com) and VKB Store in Aliexpress.

Their EU representative is silent for 2 months. Nothing about when the pedals (or anything else) will arrive in eu store. Amazing how pathetic is their correspondence with customers. Aliexpres order is out of the question sinec VAT and customs from China to EU is very expensive. On top of that there is a shipping price.

Edited by blackram

Nothing really new in this, when sticks are available in Flightsimcontrols they  are not available in Vkbcontrollers or Aliexpress or vice versa, this is more VKB distribution fault, than sellers fault.

Posted (edited)

Xmas morning noted two Gunfighter Pros available. In evening one was left so I took the plunge. Package arrived just now.

Pro box - Copy.jpg

Edited by Dagwoodyt

9 minutes ago, Dagwoodyt said:

Xmas morning noted two Gunfighter Pros available. In evening one was left so I took the plunge. Package arrived just now.

:good:

Great stick, enjoy!!

It seams that new "space/modern" komsmosima grip is smaller than MCG grip, about the size of KG12 which is much more comfortable for ppl with midsized fists (and probably for small sized too). Unfortunately there is no kosmosima grip for Gladiator pro MK1 so it will wait till I upgrade to gunfighter sometimes in the future. KG12 is good enough for me, though.

image0.jpg

But the thumb is resting below the top section of the grip which I dont like. I like how Im resting my thumb on the hat with KG12.

image2.jpg

image0-1.jpg

Edited by blackram

huh, I set up for an alert when these were available, but got no E mail notice ?