VKB, I really want one or two of there controllers, but, ffs, the wait, I am begining to wonder if it will ever be available, Opinions ? Options ?

I think currently you will be in for a wait for a stick from either of the boutique guys...

But in either case, they are well worth it.

Yeh! me too. The up and coming TECS throttle in particular. I'm really happy with my gunfighter MCG & T-Rudder, especially now I've got a handle on the configurator, so I'm sure it will be a top notch bit of kit.

Patience is a virtue I guess.

VKB, Still... in vacation.

After September they plan release their TECS system (basic module at ~$200) before... 2019 Chinese Lunar New Year. :)

Next in the line seems "Cosmosima" R/L grips.

4 hours ago, Sokol1 said:

VKB, Still... in vacation.

After September they plan release their TECS system (basic module at ~$200) before... 2019 Chinese Lunar New Year. :)

Next in the line seems "Cosmosima" R/L grips.

Any source or just speculation? 

7 hours ago, BRADYS555 said:

Virpril, is as good as or... not compared to the VKB ?

Can't say - never have VKB, just heard or read ppl ,they say same range if looking at VKB high end or even better than VKB. For sure there are no better joystick in production (VKB gunfighter and VKB (Virpil) T-50 Mongoose).

7 hours ago, BRADYS555 said:

Virpril, is as good as or... not compared to the VKB ?

They are both very good. Both have excellent gimbals and are very smooth.

The MCG Pro grip offers a little more versatility over the Virpil T-50 grip. But now that Virpil has increased the functionality of their software that helps also- I have not had a chance to use the updated Virpil software yet.

I have both - the Virpil Mongoos T-50 with extension I have had for several months, and more recently the VKB Gunfighter Pro with extension and MCG Pro grip. I have logged a tremendous number of hours with the Virpil setup, and am currently still putting some hours on the VKB setup. I really love both setups.

Look at Virpil, I see no reason to wait for VKB to get their act together..

10 hours ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

Any source or just speculation? 

Read VKB staff (UIV, AlexOZ, Borada...) posts in the Russian side of this forum, they are not "official announcements" but reveal tips about their plans.

Edited by Sokol1
  • Thanks 1

About virpil vs vkb, found one post that shows some quality difference between virpil and vkb.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments/8ofkbx/some_side_by_side_comparing_between_vpc_and_vkb/

One note allso, virpil dont success people for repair broken sticks themself, reason you see from pictures. Unlike vkb, they gladly send you repair parts for self repair.

Virpil seems to have good deal from hotglue manufacturor.

scditziltx111.jpgerxlt7rttx111.jpg

Allso virpils mold quality isnt right there.

peugp3p7ux111.png

Vkb:s mold quality, nice clean lines/connections.

gjh8tnhbvx111.png

Vkb:s nice clean installation, with screws and quality connectors.

4tv6cbc7vx111.png

Vkb is smaller company than virpil, but they put theyr money and time to quality, which is part reason for lower amount of finished products.

Edited by Macross
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

In other words speculation...

;)

Although with the apparent fairly successful Virpil throttle, perhaps they will light a fire on getting theirs to market.

And why does the Euorpe VKB has not as much stuff as the North Am./Australia one? Since i want the VKB gladiator but Europe one doesn't have it... 

In VKB USA an buyer can pre-order from then and  VKB China send direct for their address.

In VKB Europe sticks need go through normal imports procedures, what probable means that their owner need spent some good amount of money before could sell sticks.

Is obvious that for VKB (China) the first option represents more fast incoming, so is naturally they direct production for this market first.

Since i want the VKB gladiator but Europe one doesn't have it...

If you mean VKB Gladiator "vanilla" - the most affordable version, mounts ago VKB say that stop their production and remain units is available 

in VKB-Sim in Aliexpress, that may send for your country.

https://ru.aliexpress.com/store/product/VKB-Sim-Gladiator-Mk-II/3023007_32818766624.html

More recently they talk in return this model for production - at least until finish a new "budget" model, the 'Gladiator NG',

but since they will start production again in September, expect availability for end of year or later.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sokol1 said:

In VKB USA an buyer can pre-order from then and  VKB China send direct for their address.

That is news to me, can't say I have seen a pre-order possibility from VKB NA for some time.

They typically announce when another batch is ready to order, and they go quickly when they are.

That is how I got my MCG Pro grip in July, and guys were trying to get one just a few hours later and they were gone.

I think the very first batch of Gunfighters they ran, and maybe the very first batch of MCG grips they ran, they offered pre-order at that time.

Edited by dburne

You are right - pre-order is a wrong word, what I want to say is buy and receive direct from VKB China, what speed the process relative to VKB Europe.

I own a Virpil T50 and really love it.  I can’t compare the two from experience but I read the whole internet before deciding.  From all that, it seems like the sum total is they are equal for fixed wingers with different strengths but the VKB gunfighter is way better for helicopters.  

I finally decided I didn’t want to deal with VKB’s slowness.  

(Why don’t they just make the amount the market wants?   I don’t get it. )   

Ceowulf<><   

7 hours ago, Ceowulf said:

(Why don’t they just make the amount the market wants?   I don’t get it. )

Small company with limited recourses, demand is bigger than what they can produce.

But if you want quality items, you have to wait, like you can see from images i posted before.

• Like 1

1 минуту назад, Macross сказал:

Small company with limited recourses, demand is bigger than what they can produce.

But if you want quality items, you have to wait, like you can see from images i posted before.

It doesn't really look like they want to produce more items. They kinda design new products, but don't seem to be interested in selling more old products. Like having managed to get into that 2-hour window in US makes you "Eleet"? Yeah, I personally have never seen GF Pro + MCG Pro in stock (I was willing to buy one). Their next batch is like when? October? Three small batches a year? Really? Are they growing them on trees?

And remember that they abandon compatibility within the same product line way to easily. Have you seen people keeping their Gladiator/Gunfighter bases with no grips because the proper version of the grip for their year-old base is no longer produced and they were not lucky enough to buy it within an hour the grips were actually for sale? I'd be quite surprised if basic math isn't available to VKB just to provide enough grips to those who have bought the bases from VKB...

Also, the pictures above are from very early VPC units, as was already discussed all over the place. And the whole original message kinda looked like trolling the competitor. No other pictures on the net (that I could find) show the mentioned quality problems. My VPC grip has no issues (it's some half a year younger than the one pictured though).

So, If I am reading all this correctly, if I want:

VKB, I should check the sight daily and Hope to get lucky and buy one, or a few... As I might need to wait for another few months to get one ?

Virpil, I can get one now but its not desktop friendly, and it is not of the same finish standard as the VKB, but is very close in over all reliability and performance ?

6 minutes ago, BRADYS555 said:

So, If I am reading all this correctly, if I want:

VKB, I should check the sight daily and Hope to get lucky and buy one, or a few... As I might need to wait for another few months to get one ?

Virpil, I can get one now but its not desktop friendly, and it is not of the same finish standard as the VKB, but is very close in over all reliability and performance ?

I waited a year to get the MCG Pro grip for my already purchased Gunfighter Pro. While frustrating it was worth the wait.

Virpil WarBRD would be an option for desk top use.

5 minutes ago, dburne said:

I waited a year to get the MCG Pro grip for my already purchased Gunfighter Pro. While frustrating it was worth the wait.

Virpil WarBRD would be an option for desk top use.

For some reason I thought that Warbird base was not made in house that it was a different company making it ?

I had to wait for ages for my Gunfighter Pro + MCG Pro. I missed the first sale for the EU market so i had to wait forever for the next batch. I completed my order on the first day at around 10:00 in the moring but i was still to late. Only thanks to Eduard i got the nonpro version of the base (without extension) and he send the pro package 3 weeks later seperately. The stick is good and i like the thumbsticks on it. Can easily be used as normal 4 or 8 way hats + pushbutton via the configurator. All in all im satisfied with it althou i wish their would be more cam profile options. I dont like the increase in resistence at the near end of the stick travel while it is to soft around the center. So what i like to see is a new cam profile without any center bumb and a softer progression curve. More spring for the center and less for the edges. My only complain for now. Oh not true, i need to mention that the spring replacement is a nightmare. ;)

Edited by Ishtaru

2 hours ago, BRADYS555 said:

For some reason I thought that Warbird base was not made in house that it was a different company making it ?

WarBRD is made by Virpil.

1 hour ago, Ishtaru said:

I had to wait for ages for my Gunfighter Pro + MCG Pro. I missed the first sale for the EU market so i had to wait forever for the next batch. I completed my order on the first day at around 10:00 in the moring but i was still to late. Only thanks to Eduard i got the nonpro version of the base (without extension) and he send the pro package 3 weeks later seperately. The stick is good and i like the thumbsticks on it. Can easily be used as normal 4 or 8 way hats + pushbutton via the configurator. All in all im satisfied with it althou i wish their would be more cam profile options. I dont like the increase in resistence at the near end of the stick travel while it is to soft around the center. So what i like to see is a new cam profile without any center bumb and a softer progression curve. More spring for the center and less for the edges. My only complain for now. Oh not true, i need to mention that the spring replacement is a nightmare. ;)

I am with you there, I would really like a cam in between the two we have now. 

I run a #50 and a #20 spring on each axis, while it feels ok to me out toward the edges I would like it a little firmer around center.

The soft springs and soft center cams on the Virpil stick is firmer than what I have on the Gunfighter Pro.

Spring replacement on the Gunfighter is easy if you use the zip tie trick. Works great for both taking them off and putting them on.

Edited by dburne

4 hours ago, BRADYS555 said:

WarBRD is based on Baur BRD bases design (dual CAM), but made by VirPil. Baur is now part of VPC team.

On 8/18/2018 at 4:50 PM, Macross said:

About virpil vs vkb, found one post that shows some quality difference between virpil and vkb.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments/8ofkbx/some_side_by_side_comparing_between_vpc_and_vkb/

One note allso, virpil dont success people for repair broken sticks themself, reason you see from pictures. Unlike vkb, they gladly send you repair parts for self repair.

Just to clear up - those photos are from a very early grip, as you can see, many VPC owners had chimed in with their own (positive) experiences. Also the internals of the grip are made specifically to stand the test of time. Anyone who is not happy with their VPC gear should always get in touch with us - however we were never contacted by the original creator of these images as far as I'm aware.

And just to correct you - we absolutely do issue spare parts for self repair, I'm unsure where you got the impression we don't do this!

Edited by VIRPILControls

Since you are "here",

can you tell when the VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick will be available?

Unfortunately no confirmed date just yet. We're focusing on clearing the existing backlog of orders as quickly as possible - we don't want to separate out any of the production team's effort to the MT-50 base until we're caught up. I'm hoping we'll be able to confirm a date by the end of this month though :) 

So, VKB, looks like its on an Indefinite delay ? (since they are no longer saying they will be available in September ?)

18 minutes ago, Artunius said:

Been waiting months for the Gunfighter. Might just give up on VKB and sell all their stuff again.

I had my new Gunfighter Mk I Pro sitting in a box here for app 1 year before I was able to get my hands on the new MCG Pro grip for it.

I have to say , it was worth the wait - but during the wait it was quite frustrating.

On 9/20/2018 at 1:47 AM, dburne said:

I had my new Gunfighter Mk I Pro sitting in a box here for app 1 year before I was able to get my hands on the new MCG Pro grip for it.

I have to say , it was worth the wait - but during the wait it was quite frustrating.

You could just use the KG12 grip untill MCG arrives. BTW Im liking the KG12 grip, its comfortable. MCG is rather large even for average sized hands.

1 minute ago, blackram said:

You could just use the KG12 grip untill MCG arrives. BTW Im liking the KG12 grip, its comfortable. MCG is rather large even for average sized hands.

Yeah I could have, but really for how I use the stick it would just not be near sufficient for me so I elected to wait.

On 8/18/2018 at 11:37 AM, 307_Tomcat said:

Can't say - never have VKB, just heard or read ppl ,they say same range if looking at VKB high end or even better than VKB. For sure there are no better joystick in production (VKB gunfighter and VKB (Virpil) T-50 Mongoose).

I can assure you there is better, but not at this price range.  And really when it come to reliability and smoothness I think there are little to win by choosing more expensive simulator types. Unless you want to fly Helicopters or have a high end magnetic activated force feedback. 

On 9/18/2018 at 7:06 PM, BRADYS555 said:

So, VKB, looks like its on an Indefinite delay ? (since they are no longer saying they will be available in September ?) 

On 9/18/2018 at 8:43 PM, Sokol1 said:

Well, September last until day 30. 😀

It can not be true - VKB never(!) made statements about the timing of the release of Kosmosima .
Keep an eye on the announcements - soon the VKB will recruit pilots for tests Kosmosima grips (worldwide, limited batch)