Ptk

[MOD] Icons

8 hours ago, Albino said:

Wow Ptk this is game changing. A huge improvement for immersion. 

I will spend more $$$ supporting our shared hobby thanks to you :) 

Devs take note 👍

@Ptk,

I have been using and enjoying your excellent icon mod. I wonder if I might make a request?

I have tried both 'ICON_NAV_DMD' & 'ICON_NAV_SQ'. I was wondering if you could make the nav markers even smaller and less obtrusive as you have done with the vehicle and a/c markers. I realise the square would look very similar to the vehicle markers, but if you could make the diamond smaller I think this could be ok.

I understand if this is a no go, and will still carry on enjoying your work.

Many thanks and best regards

fubar

this really is an essential mod. Can't live without it.
Though as others have asked, I'd seriously consider editing screenshots of what each of these does into the OP.

On 8/8/2019 at 9:16 AM, YouBet said:

Hey, Ptk -- I really like the "Other Planes Off" mod for the map.

Any chance you'll re-introduce the "All Planes Off" mod?

Thanks.

Icon_Map_All_Planes_Off_3102.rar

• Like 1

Hey, Ptk -- love that you did this. Do you know a mod that removes all plane icons (including my plane's) from the map. Want to force myself to stop cheating and get lost.

Thanks.

Hey Ptk,

Is it possible to make a mod with decreased font of airplanes (smaller letters) ?

I think that many people who use plane signs in combat would be delighted 😳!

...or is it possible to make it a bit more transparent ?

Edited by esk_pedja

I've tried to use several of these Mods but to be honest I haven't found just what I want.Of course it may noy be available, but I'd like to ask if there is one that will just reduce the size of target(aircraft, ground,)navigation ( way point,landing) markings? In the original Il-2 one had option for aircraft info in which you could disable the icon or just the aircraft type &/or range. With VR it is necessary to have all the icon /markers but they could be a bit smaller in size.

In any case thanks for your work.

I'd settle for one that just made all the existing icons a bit smaller.Is there one or a combination of a couple that might do this?Thanks!🤔

This should actually be offered as icon config settings within the game, after all these years.. 

• Upvote 1

These tweaks don't seem to be working for me. I've installed them with JSGME, one for the unit icons, one for nav icons, and the compass removal. None have taken despite other mods apparently working ok. Could this be because I am using the 3Dmigoto mod which also tweaks the HUD? (This is at the top of my mod list, before these icon mods.)

Edit: Please ignore me. 😏  The 3Dmigoto mod works because it doesn't need mod mode enabled. I did enable mod mode for the others, but forgot that my startup.cfg was set to read only so it didn't take. Fixed that now, and all mods are working perfectly.

Edited by Goffik

A request...

It would be possible to also have a ICON_D_D_NL_SM_BLK_DOT and a ICON_D_D_NL_SM_BLK_DOT_SMGU but with friendly/enemy ground units icons having the same black color (ICON_D_D_NL_SM_BLK_DOT_BLK_GU and ICON_D_D_NL_SM_BLK_DOT_BLK_SMGU), please ?

Thank you!

12 hours ago, adonys said:

A request...

It would be possible to also have a ICON_D_D_NL_SM_BLK_DOT and a ICON_D_D_NL_SM_BLK_DOT_SMGU but with friendly/enemy ground units icons having the same black color (ICON_D_D_NL_SM_BLK_DOT_BLK_GU and ICON_D_D_NL_SM_BLK_DOT_BLK_SMGU), please ?

Thank you!

I don't like it, but try this.

ICON_D_D_NL_SM_BLK_DOT_BLKSQGU.rar

Awesome, thank you!

I have to test it as the ground units square seems even smaller than the one from ICON_D_D_NL_SM_BLK_DOT_SMGU though..

Posted (edited)

The ICON_D_D_NL_SM_BLK_DOT_BLKSQGU ground units squares seem to be too small (they are smaller then the ones ICON_D_D_NL_SM_BLK_DOT_SMGU). Can you make them same size, please?

Edited by adonys

Thank you very much!

They are very useful in preventing you base your navigation on identifying the ground units icons' color, and will make you more inclined to rather go around them :)

Without the small colored dots in the air and squares on the ground I wouldn't find anything. Or at least much too late, my eyesight with 60 years isn't the best anymore.

This is a great mod.

A customisable icons system really should be incorporated into the game.

I salute this mod !

While I'm here, is it possible to have icons disappear completely when object is say <500M away ?

I will ask here. I do in game flight recording and play the track back in game and record that footage. I just started doing this and when I first started with icons on, you could see the name of each pilot in external view. Now all I get is just the plane type and distance, I must have toggled the pilots name off and for the life of me, cannot get it back. What I'm I doing wrong. 

Here is a before and after pics of what I am describing.

1648789782_Iconwithname.thumb.png.c181c99f3886f68a62a0d57c51a122af.png

IconNoName.thumb.png.d451410641b236eff2678468239bb528.png

Hello every1. Yes. I can't seem to get this to work. Is it the new update? I just updated to 4.001c. It was a small update but it seems to me that JGSME don't work. This is what I did:

1. Install the JGSME folder in main Il2 directory

2. Run JGSME.exe [in admin mode] file and then let it choose the MODs folder which is located by default here: main IL2 folder/JGSME/MODS

3.I extracted the mod into the mod folder so it looked like the screenshot:

4. I ran JGSME and selected the mod and put it across to the enabled mods folder

5. Made sure in IL2 mods were enabled

6. When I go to a quick mission it still has the goddamned plane descriptions.

What am I doing wrong? Here is a few screenshots of the folders and what JGSME looks like:

WHy wont Mods Work.JPG

Why wont mods work II.JPG

I'm not entirely sure what you're doing wrong, but I can confirm that this mod works fine with the latest patch. Check the folder structure again, though from your screens it does look correct.

Anyone using Reshade with IL2? Maybe that is interfering with the Mod? Also, if you guys see this:

Added some customization options.

ICON_D(distance)_D(direction)_NL(no labels)_SM(small)_RB(red blue)_DOT  -

So, unless I am mistaken, is the modder saying that we can modify the folder so we can customize it accordingly? I tried changing the folder name using the above 'customization option' so it reads like this:

ICON_0.2_1_NL_SM_BLK_DOTS

The logic being I don't want to see any plane names up to a distance of 0.2 which I am guessing is 200m? and chose 1 as direction? Did you guys leave the folder as is? Eg:

ICON_D_D_NL_SM_BLK_DOT

Yes it would be nice to know if you guys are using Reshade with this ICON mod? To me this would be great if they could utilise this in the main game. Such a shame it has to require a mod. It's like they don't seem to understand just how hard it is to spot contacts.

Anyway, I'm gonna try this again tomorrow. I could use some resources if any of you guys can help? I might try the other mod program instead of JGSME. 

Is any1 using JGSME still with the new patch?

I got the latest version and it seemed to work as instructed. I thought I was quite thorough in my installation but its not working :(

1 hour ago, Shellofaman said:

Anyone using Reshade with IL2?

I play in VR so reshade isn't possible. I'm not sure I see the relevance to this mod though? You can use both, neither should affect the other.

So, unless I am mistaken, is the modder saying that we can modify the folder so we can customize it accordingly?

No, he's not. Modifying the folder name will have zero affect on what the mod does. All of the files in the OP are individual mods, you pick the one that suits your needs and use it. A few can be mixed and matched, but if you try using two which modify the same icons then only one will take affect, depending on order installed.

Is any1 using JGSME still with the new patch?

Most people are I imagine, since JSGME has been the easiest way to enable/disable mods in many games for more years than I can remember. It works fine, regardless of patch version.

If you're using JSGME and your mods do not appear to be working then there are two likely causes. First, the folder structure of your mods is wrong so the files are being installed by JSGME in the wrong place. Second, you do not have mods enabled from within the game.

Edited by Goffik
  • Upvote 1

Ok I thought maybe it was in the wrong location so I changed it as this forum has some instructions which I followed. However, I want to run this by all of you to make sure I got the instructions right. 

Here is the link for the page I am getting the instructions for: 

I am referring to the post by CastorTroy where he leaves instructions. If you look at his post on this link on the 9th of April, he gives some instructions for installation: 

His first instruction is install JSGME in the main Il2-2 directory which for me looks like this:

1.    C:\Program Files\1C Game Studies

Is this correct? If you look at my file structure below. I think this might not be the IL2 main folder. Should I have installed it instead to this folder?:

2.   C:\Program Files\1C Game Studies\IL-2

See my current location [1] below as an image and my file structure?

I will try to save in IL-2 and see if that works?

Thanks,

WHy wont Mods Work.JPG

File Stucture Save point.JPG

SOLVED!!

It worked. Yes it wasn't in the main folder and I figured out how JGSME works by creating information and yes the file structure was wrong. I answered it with my last post. 

Thanks all of you for your help!!

p.s. This is the best MOD as now I can practise with almost no ICONs so I can get used to it!!

I spoke too soon. Now, when I have disabled it to go to Multiplayer and logged back into to practise with the MOD, it seems to not work anymore. Not only that, but my ICONS have dissapeared altogether even when I uninstall the mod, delete the folder and try the game in vanilla with ICONS on. I get no ICONS. LOL

Any help?