Ptk

[MOD] Icons

Thought I'd share this, probably needs more testing, so if you find anything weird with it, let me know. 

Removes the distance indication, the direction marker, plane label, and the triangle is smaller. 

Added some customization options.

ICON_D(distance)_D(direction)_NL(no labels)_SM(small)_RB(red blue)_DOT  - changes the triangle to a small dot

ICON_D_D_NL_SM_RB_DOT.rar

Same as above, but with a box/bracket around the ground units

ICON_D_D_NL_SM_RB_DOT_BXGU.rar

ICON_D(distance)_D(direction)_NL(no labels)_SM(small)_T(triangle)  - original cleaned up a bit cause I'm sloppy

ICON_D_D_NL_SM_T.rar

ICON_D(distance)_D(direction)_NL(no labels)_SMLR(smaller)_T(triangle) - same as SM_T, but a smaller triangle

ICON_D_D_NL_SMLR_T.rar

ICON_D(distance)_D(direction)_NL(no labels)_SM(small)_BLK(black)_DOT -all planes (enemies and friendlies) have a small black dot

ICON_D_D_NL_SM_BLK_DOT.rar

Same as above, but smaller ground unit square

ICON_D_D_NL_SM_BLK_DOT_SMGU.rar

ICON_D(distance)_D(direction)_NL(no labels)_SMLR(smaller)_T(triangle)_SQ(square)  -smaller vehicle target square

ICON_D_D_NL_SMLR_T_SQ.rar

ICON_NAV    - targeting square smaller and changed to 2 angled arrows , not sure I like everything about this one. Also removed the waypoint "teardrop circle".

Ignore jsgme warnings, its in the same folder as the icon mods, but a different file

ICON_NAV.rar

ICON_NAV_SQ -changed waypoints to a smaller (filled in) square

ICON_NAV_SQ.rar

ICON_NAV_v2  -square around the nav icons instead of the teardrop and adjusted the target box

ICON_NAV_v2.rar

ICON_NAV_DMD -changed waypoints to a smaller (filled in) diamond

ICON_NAV_DMD.rar

ICON_NAV_Del  -deleted bracket/waypoints

ICON_NAV_Del.rar

Removes the compass

no_compass.rar

Edited by Ptk
added customization options
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

Please, some screen shots with before and after, so we have an idea of your mod looks like. 😀

• Upvote 1

Sure, it does this. While messing around getting a screenshot I noticed that there is a faint outline of the directional pointers at certain camera angles. I'll fix it when I have time. 

I find it's not as "cheaty" as full icons but is still easier to spot than having them off. 

I should mention that I use jsgme to enable this.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by Ptk
  • Thanks 2

Something like that may be do-able. It changes the colour as the planes get closer, so if you used transparency for the up close colours and black for the further, changed the triangle to a dot, it may work. If they use the same colours for the other icons it may cause weirdness though. I'll mess around with it when I get time, or if anyone else wants to, go ahead :).

Fixed the directional arrow outlines.

Link in first post.

Edited by Ptk
v4

I'm clearly doing something wrong. Can anybody see my obvious mistake, IOW help me fix my mistake? Or have I misunderstood what this mod is supposed to do?

Unzipped to MODS folder, enabled with JSGME, but still see full details.

1454142518_iconmodinMODS.JPG.918c6307b022daae8902e2320e5375f6.JPG

516810128_iconmod.JPG.4ed13eabe208287bea49b7bfe9e28df1.JPG

1872874164_IconModOn.thumb.jpg.f3f3c3930b7630b3fec776ba632e7247.jpg

Edited by busdriver

In your "Direction_Distance_Small Triangle v4" folder, do you see a "data" folder or is it another "Direction_ Distance_Small Triangle v4" folder ? It should be data.

Should look like the pic.

folder.jpg

Hmmm, sorry if this is obvious, but you do have mods on in game? :)

Your files/folders look like this?

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

Edited by Ptk
  • Thanks 1

:blush:...well it was indeed the OBVIOUS. I don't recall unchecking it, but obviously I had. And I missed entirely the absence of little red "mods enabled" box on the hangar screen. A professional never blames his tools.

I love this mod! :good:

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:34 AM, DD_Crash said:

Thanks for doing this :good:

Glad you like it :)

Very nice mod.  I fly in VR using a Samsung Odyssey and without icons it is harder than is should be.  This mod help make the icons less "all knowing".

I would love to try this Mod, as I play on a lap top and spotting is a little bit daunting. But I can't get the file to un zip. I have been trying to use 9Zip, but get an error that the file is the wrong format.

Loving this work.  The black dot mod is exactly what I have been hoping for in VR.  With VR icons were essential because spotting is far more difficult than real life.  But having the all knowing ability icons gave made it all a bit too easy.  Now I can see the dots but not the details of plane type and pilots names etc.

Excellent work.

2 hours ago, ICDP said:

Loving this work.  The black dot mod is exactly what I have been hoping for in VR.  With VR icons were essential because spotting is far more difficult than real life.  But having the all knowing ability icons gave made it all a bit too easy.  Now I can see the dots but not the details of plane type and pilots names etc.

Excellent work.

Thanks, I should mention that there is a smaller black dot in the icon folder of the mod. Disable with jsgme, move out or rename the original objects.dds and rename smblkobjects.dds to objects.dds then enable again. It seemed too small to me, but with a different size monitor, or different rez, maybe it'll be fine.

Hi PTK. Thanks I like the mod. It is perhaps also possible to do something similar with navigation markers? Perhaps a small square...

Very nice. I love getting rid of enemy pilot names and stuff. Love it!

Hi Ptk. It is this yellow and red markers (navigation/action point markers)...is it possible to remove them? Under realism setting navigation markers would be checked but only on the map would you then see aircraft positions...ala gps.

Many thanks for the mod. I use the small black dot version.

2018_8_27__12_46_57.jpg

2018_8_27__12_51_12.jpg

Edited by Luger1969

Hi Ptk. Thanks so much ...  fantastic. I have been looking for this for a long time...even posted in suggestions. Great stuff... both the mods are great.

Glad you like it and glad you suggested it, I like it that way too.

Awesome. I tried the small triangles last night and love them, but I may have to try the black dots. Thank you for making these.

S!Blade<><

Brilliant mod Ptk a excellent addition to the BOX series thanks pal :good:

40 minutes ago, AKA_Recon said:

Can this be setup on a server or just single player ?

You can run this on a server or in single player.  You must be in Mods-On mode in your game.

Hi Ptk,

I really love your mod. If you have the time could you adapt the following of your mods with the direction marker still being in?

ICON_D(distance)_D(direction)_NL(no labels)_SM(small)_RB(red blue)_DOT    - changes the triangle to a small dot

My skill and eyesight isn´t the best and I would really appreciate this little help.

Thanks in advance!

24 minutes ago, sevenless said:

Hi Ptk,

I really love your mod. If you have the time could you adapt the following of your mods with the direction marker still being in?

ICON_D(distance)_D(direction)_NL(no labels)_SM(small)_RB(red blue)_DOT    - changes the triangle to a small dot

My skill and eyesight isn´t the best and I would really appreciate this little help.

Thanks in advance!

Glad you like it, no prob.

ICON_D_NL_SM_RB_DOT.rar

• Like 1

What about the icons on ground units? Could you do the same with these like on planes small black,red or blue dots. Thanks for the mod by the way I love it:good: