EWilhelmPaulus

IL-2: Error "#10009: Game server connection lost"

Recently I went through a problem where my computer lost the connection after loading the map on the Wings Of Liberty server by reporting the error message: "# 10009: Game server connection lost". After sending email to the support of 1C Studios, I received the answer that possibly the problem was with the referred server. Not satisfied with such an answer I went to test my connection and my computer was losing TPC data packets. To solve the loss of data packets, I decrease the size of the TCP Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU), which is the maximum size of a single TCP packet that can pass through a TCP / IP network.
After making the necessary change and losing those data packets, I rebooted my computer and router, consequently stopped being knocked over from the server.

Step 1: The default size of the MTU is 1500 bytes, to test whether or not packet loss opens the command prompt and type "ping www.google.com -f -l 1500" without quotes. If there is a loss, decrease this value by 2 units until you no longer have losses.

Step 2: Get access to your router and, before setting the found value, add 28 to it, with the new value set it in the router settings.

I hope to help those who are experiencing this problem.
Any questions, criticisms or suggestions will be very welcome!

I forgot to mention to go into Game "Settings", "Multiplayer" and increase traffic limit values.

Edited by 3./JG15_HansPhilipp
Add coment

Well i tested my "loss" in command prompt   and on value of 1400 bytes I have no loss (0%) Packet : Sent = 4, received = 0, Lost = 0 (0% loss)

on value 1500 bytes there is 100% loss.

But in router settings I am lost! 😕  I can`t find anything that looks similar to step two!?

Where to add 28? Where is found value!? I don`t have anything of this in my router settings.

I have ZTE ZXDSL 931 VII V4.0 router.

Can you please explain it with a  little bit more details, PLEASE!?

I am stuck here on step two 😕

Edited by SkyLord_Bob

Okay,

Lets start our test with 1500, then we got 100 loss ..

lets decrease this value in 2, so 1498 and again we got 100% loss, we need to decrease it more, lets imagine that we got the value 1462 with 100% received, then we add 28 with 1462 = 1490.
Here, we need to get access into router and find MTU seted with 1500 as default value and change it to 1490.

I do not know if it is allowed to request remote access. We could do this via TeamViewer if you want.

o7

14 hours ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

Recently I went through a problem where my computer lost the connection after loading the map on the Wings Of Liberty server by reporting the error message: "# 10009: Game server connection lost". After sending email to the support of 1C Studios, I received the answer that possibly the problem was with the referred server. Not satisfied with such an answer I went to test my connection and my computer was losing TPC data packets. To solve the loss of data packets, I decrease the size of the TCP Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU), which is the maximum size of a single TCP packet that can pass through a TCP / IP network.
After making the necessary change and losing those data packets, I rebooted my computer and router, consequently stopped being knocked over from the server.

Step 1: The default size of the MTU is 1500 bytes, to test whether or not packet loss opens the command prompt and type "ping www.google.com -f -l 1500" without quotes. If there is a loss, decrease this value by 2 units until you no longer have losses.

Step 2: Get access to your router and, before setting the found value, add 28 to it, with the new value set it in the router settings.

I hope to help those who are experiencing this problem.
Any questions, criticisms or suggestions will be very welcome!

I forgot to mention to go into Game "Settings", "Multiplayer" and increase traffic limit values.

I only increase the traffic limit value yesterday, and it seems that the I meet less #10009 error than before.

I'll try it again.

Thanks for your suggestion!

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 4:51 AM, SkyLord_Bob said:

Still waiting for a new router. I should receive it  till the end of the week.

Hey buddy, did you fix your issue?

Bump! HanPhillip, this may be the answer to my being kicked from Coconut's server so often. I received 100% - 75% packet loss until I hit the value of 1372, may I ask as to what the +28 is necessary for? It's just that my MTU is already set to 1400 from a previous unrelated experiment.

Thank you.

Edited by Leifr

The ICMP is a network protocol with a length of 28, so is needed to add it. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Are you still being kiked out from Coconut?

I'm receiving this error at moment in Knights of the Air, Cononut Expert and Finish Expert servers =(

Edited by 3./JG15_HansPhilipp

Hi Phillip, thank you for the reply.
I haven't encountered it for a few hours of flight-time now, spent some time on Beluga, WoL and Coconut. I deleted my startup.cfg file and allowed the game to rebuild a new one, it has worked for @No.85_Camm so far (fingers crossed!). Please try it and report back.

This is still a problem, I have exhausted all of my diagnostic abilities at my end of the connection.

Has any one here ever managed to resolve this issue properly? Technical support isn't very useful and don't seem to have an idea as to why it happens.

• Upvote 1

Brief description:  Get Disconnected from MP Servers frequently … 6 during February....(#10009) Game server connection lost)
Detailed description, conditions: Sudden Disconnect while flying; Connection to the server lost. My Internet is stable.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):
  Win 10Pro,Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-7600 CPU@3.80GHz 3.80GHz 64-bit Operating system, x64-based processor.  Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB

There is no problem with my network connections or with my ISP

I also am having the same problem. There doesn't seem to be any apparent reason for it. So far this month (February) I have had 6 disconnects. Support is in name only because they are certainly NOT giving any support.

I had hoped the recent updates would have cured the problem.....but they haven't.

Edited by No.85_Camm
  • Upvote 1

Brief description:  Get Disconnected from MP Servers frequently … 18 During January and now 10 during February....(#10009) Game server connection lost)
Detailed description, conditions: Sudden Disconnect while flying; Connection to the server lost. My Internet is stable.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):
  Win 10Pro,Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-7600 CPU@3.80GHz 3.80GHz 64-bit Operating system, x64-based processor.  Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB

There is no problem with my network connections or with my ISP

Prior to this problem, I have been on IL2 Sturmovik for the last 16 months without any problem until January of 2019

I had hoped the recent updates would have cured the problem.....but they haven't.

• Upvote 1

I'm having the same problem, after 15 or 20 minutes I'm disconnected with error 10009, my connection is great without loss of package and with perfect speed, after the penultimate update started this problem, I believe the problem is in the game....

and as stated above, support can not solve the problem....unfortunate

I flew 1 and half hour without get error in KOTA.

I hope that after 3.012 my problem have been solved.

I continue getting this error but less frequently.

Forget "less frequently"...

Edited by EWilhelmPaulus