Bonkin

TFS Developer Update – August 2018

Hello again everybody. I can't believe it has been a month since my last update. Time is certainly flying by. Sadly we have lost two more of our Battle of Britain veterans since I last wrote. Wg Cdr Tom Neil passed just days before his 98th birthday, followed shortly afterwards by Sqd Ldr Geoffrey Wellum. We also lost the ever-glamorous Mary Ellis, a trail blazer for female aviators and an original member of the Air Transport Auxiliary (ATA), responsible for delivering fighter and bomber aircraft from the factories to the front line. She was 101.

A big highlight for those in the UK was the Duxford Flying Legends event - and it was great to be there to meet up with friends and enjoy the sights and sounds of so many warbirds gracing the sky. Unusually for the UK we had some glorious weather as well! I'm looking forward to next year's event already!

So for this update let me first start off by thanking you all for your supportive messages - they are all very much appreciated. I'll first provide some details of progress over the last month and then I'll try to answer a few of the questions I have seen being raised across various forums.

Team

We welcome 69th_Zeb to the team. Zeb is an experienced 3D modeller who's day job is in the aviation industry. In his opening post he joked that he would look forward to polishing fig trees and sandbags. In reality he is hard at work on building assets for the new map.

Schedule

As was eluded to in my last post, there is an internal schedule the team are working towards but we cannot forecast release dates. Given the progress made, there remains confidence that everything remains on track. It is fair to say that there are challenges in a couple of areas but there is some contingency so in this regard, things are no different to any other task based project.

Progress

Map

The Team has continued to work on the Map Editor in order to get it into a stable development environment. This has not been without problems but it is good to report that the bugs are being fixed and it has been possible to use it to start fixing game map issues. What this means is that the map development process is simplified and no longer requires manual coding, e.g. it will improve the speed of map creation and development.

In addition, a huge amount of work has been undertaken to create desert versions of all the ground vehicles and objects. This work maybe doesn't get the credit it deserves but take a look in the FMB at the amount of objects there are and you start to get a feel for the effort that is needed to change the textures and re-colour everything. Here are just a few pictures of some of the objects:

shot_20180728_151453.jpg

shot_20180505_172425-63413.jpg

shot_20180505_173750-16378.jpg

shot_20180505_173835-04362.jpg

shot_20180505_173902-98245.jpg

Aircraft

- CR-42 cockpit import and animation continues and the FM is being refined.

- Bf-108 modelling complete and ready for import.

- Bf-109F-1,2 & 4 import (with placeholder cockpit and textures) is complete and the FMs are being refined.

- Spitfire IIa import is complete. This contains the enlarged oil cooler on the left wing and replaces the old MkIIa model.

- Spitfire IIb modelling complete and ready for import.

- Spitfire VA modelling complete and ready for import.

- Spitfire VB modelling complete and ready for import.

- Hurricane IIA modelling complete and ready for import.

- Hurricane IIB modelling (including tropical and fighter bomber) complete and ready for import.

- Hurricane IIC modelling (including tropical and fighter bomber) complete and ready for import.

- Martlet III modelling complete and ready for import.

Notable Fixes

- Beaufighter cockpits glass problems in fog now fixed.

- Blenheim MkIV Late gunner position now load faster in game.

- Bug #759: Fiat BR-20 engine control levers numbering texture has the "7" and "6" reversed.

- Bug #943: Querqueville airfield aligned incorrectly.

So now on with a few of your questions (forgive me for paraphrasing):

Q. What is happening with fixes for the Ju88A-1 aircraft systems and controls - will anything be fixed for v5.0?

A. At this time we cannot say what will or won't be fixed. As reported last month, we have increased the number of coders in the team and this creates opportunities to address certain issues. We will of course be providing a full list of bugs fixed with the release and expect to continue to address issues in patches.

Q. What is happening with Virtual Reality implementation?

A. Although some trials have been done in this area to prove the concept, the team recognise that it is not an insignificant amount of work to implement and that therefore, attempting to do it now would only delay the release of v5.0 - which nobody wants. For this reason, it has been decided to defer VR until a v5.X release, e.g. post v5.0.

Q. Do you have the option to upload any of your videos in 2K/4K resolution?

A. Sorry but not at this time. I often use 4K for capture so that I have better framing options when editing. If I had a new rig then I might consider it.

Q. Will anything be done about the time it takes to get a Beaufighter airborne (about 4.5 mins)?

A. The engine cooling/overheat modelling for all aircraft will be revised for TF 5.0.

Q. Can the excessive movement of the Spit and Hurri on the ground whilst taxying be rectified?

A. We continue to revise and edit the FMs of all aircraft all the way up to the point of release. The environment weather effects also have a part to play. At the moment though our focus is on completing 3D modelling and importing.

Q. Will a map tool or SDK be available for the community? How can the community be more involved?

A. We love to get your feedback (good and bad) because we are committed to making the best simulation we can - so we do want community involvement as much as possible. Expanding the Map Creation Team to allow the map tool to be used for multiple map builds simultaneously is certainly something we will consider post the v5.0 release. Individuals and groups who are interested will be able to approach us at that point. For now we would encourage bugs and feature requests to be made via the BugTracker tool. Also, I will try to answer questions I see in the forums within each monthly update.

Note: One area we are working on is new voice recordings. As such we are looking for French nationals who would be interested in lending their voices to the game. See this post for more information and how to get involved:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29475&p=317587#post317587

Q. When will it be ready?

A. Unfortunately we just cannot provide a forecast date because we're are a bunch of guys working in our spare time and real life often gets in the way of us doing the stuff we're passionate about. Hopefully with these updates you can start to draw your own conclusions regarding the progress of the project. Work has never stopped.

Q. In the pictures of the Bf109-F there were shell cases being ejected during gun firing. I thought the engine mounted guns did not eject cartridges so what is that about?

A. This is an integration bug. The MG-151/15mm and MG-151/20mm weapons mounted in the V of the engine did not eject cartridges outside of the aircraft like the MG/FF's on the wings of the 109E. This was because the cartridges could get sucked into the radiator intake and damage it, or into the intercooler. Right now there is an animation below the 109F nose when the gun is fired showing ejected shell casings. This will be resolved as part of the ongoing import work.

Well I think that is enough for now. I will leave you with this short video which shows off the team’s early work with the import of the beautiful Bf109F-2. Do remember that this features a placeholder cockpit and textures. The reason for this placeholder is that we decided to import an early version of the 109F cockpit in order to provide some of our new coders with import work, and also to give the FM/DM modelers a chance to get started early with a flying model of the 109F. It has the added advantage of giving the skin makers the opportunity to do their work.

This early cockpit version has very much lower resolution textures than we will use in the production release and some of the elements are also missing. Please bear this in mind when watching the video. What people will get in the release version is a cockpit completed to the standards they see in the aircraft currently in 'Blitz'.

So why are we showing it then? Well we thought you would be happy to see some progress with one of the most requested types... with the import process underway other aircraft will also be out shortly... these will have completed cockpits. Hopefully it will give you a flavour of the work being done by the team and the commitment that we all have to provide the very best detailed and faithful re-produced products we can.

For and on behalf of Team Fusion Simulations,

Bonkin.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 9

2 weeks ago I was at an aviation museum, and people were playing IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz there. At one point a kid asked if there are Aircraft Carriers in the game. Based on what I read about TF 6.0 and that we should be excited about it if TF 5.0 is a success, I told the kid that carriers would come in 1 or 2 years from now. But will carriers be in TF 6.0?

Other than that, I'm glad that all of these aircraft are nearly complete. Even though most people shun this game, I believe that this game will be a big bang in years to come and lots of money will be made.

11 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

2 weeks ago I was at an aviation museum, and people were playing IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz there. At one point a kid asked if there are Aircraft Carriers in the game. Based on what I read about TF 6.0 and that we should be excited about it if TF 5.0 is a success, I told the kid that carriers would come in 1 or 2 years from now. But will carriers be in TF 6.0?

Other than that, I'm glad that all of these aircraft are nearly complete. Even though most people shun this game, I believe that this game will be a big bang in years to come and lots of money will be made.

Hello Novice

We would like to introduce Carriers in TF 6.0... but of course, that will depend on the success of TF 5.0 and whether we can continue our development efforts.

• Thanks 1

It's great to see the 109F in game at-last, although we did see it flying in the last update 4-weeks ago and it was shown in-game (via screenshots) on June 30th, so that's two months of the same announcement/showcase :(

The fact that the 109F is still using a placeholder cockpit after so many years of development is surprising and also quite a worrying sign especially with this list of aircraft to be included in v5.00:

Bf108 Taifun Advanced Trainer

Bf109E-7 (DB601Aa)
Bf109E-7N (DB601N)
Bf109E-7NZ (DB601N with GM-1 Nitrous Oxide injection)
(and Tropical versions)

Me109F-1 with MG/FFM (DB601N)
Me109F-2 with MG151/15mm (DB601N)
Me109F-2 with MG151/20mm (DB601N)
Me109F-2 with MG151/20mm Tropical (DB601N)
Me109F-4 (DB601E 1.30ata)
Me109F-4 (DB601E 1.30ata) Tropical
Me109F-4 (DB601E 1.42ata)
Me109F-4 (DB601E 1.42ata) Tropical
Me109F-4/R1 Flugelgondelbewaffnung mit MG 151/20 (DB601E 1.42ata, underwing 20mm gunpods)
Me109F-4/R1 Flugelgondelbewaffnung mit MG 151/20 Tropical (DB601E 1.42ata, underwing 20mm gunpods)
(no we will not have the version with 15mm gunpods... only used on Russian Front)

Ju-88A-4
Ju-88A-5

Ju-88C-2 (possibly)

Heinkel He-111H-6 Torpedo bomber (possibly)

Italian

Fiat CR-42
Fiat CR-42 Fighter-Bomber

Macchi C-202 Series III (hopefully)
Macchi C-202 Series VIII (hopefully)

French

Dewoitine D.520 (Hispano 12Y45 engine)
Dewoitine D.520 (Hispano 12Y49 high altitude)

British

Gladiator II (with Tropical filter)

Spitfire IIB (IIA with two 20mm cannon, four .303)
Spitfire VA (eight .303 +12 boost)
Spitfire VB (+12 boost)
Spitfire VB (+16 boost)
Spitfire VB (Merlin 46 High Altitude)
Spitfire VB Tropical (+16 boost)
Spitfire VB Tropical (Merlin 46 High Altitude)

Hurricane IIA (eight .303)
Hurricane IIB (twelve .303)
Hurricane IIB Fighter-Bomber
Hurricane IIC (four 20mm)
Hurricane IIC Light Fighter (two 2Omm)
Hurricane IID Tankbuster (possibly)
(plus Tropical versions of all)

Beaufighter Mk IF - Late (with Hercules XI)
Beaufighter Mk IC (with Hercules XI, bombs)
(and versions with Tropical filters)

Wellington IA
Wellington IC (with waist gun positions)
(and versions with Tropical filters)

Blenheim IV/IF with Tropical filters

American

P-40C (Tomahawk IIB)
P-40E (Kittyhawk IA)
(Will be early and late versions of both these aircraft... different boost levels.)

Martlet IIIB

--------------------------------------------------

I say worrying simply because that's one aircraft (the 109F) and above is a huge list of aircraft to have cockpits created and imported. I did see that certain models are ready for import, but the 109F was ready and imported and yet it is still using placeholders....which makes me wonder how many other aircraft are or will be using placeholders for import?

Hopefully next time there will be some news on any other aircraft that have never been shown, so no more 109F or Gladiator. Buzzsaw said that this will appear sooner than we think and without a schedule to go by, then the amount of aircraft above would suggest mid-2019 if the team have only just got this far with the 109F?

In regards to the ground vehicles, they look excellent and it's always a great feature to have them to make the battlefield come alive. Hopefully the issue with Ai vehicles travel, stop, swerve, travel, stop, bounce into each other, travel, stop, swerve, etc, etc can be fixed to make these look amazing in transit, especially with dust being thrown up as they progress. I also wonder in regard to the vehicles if there is any way or maybe it is still in the code, that the infantry aboard can run and dive for cover when being attacked, just like in 1946? Something to add a bit of life to the battlefield.

Regarding effects, maybe in the next update we can see some of the bug fixes in regards to effects? Has the grass tile issue been fixed? I noticed that there is no long grass on the outskirts of the runway which makes it easier to not show grass tiles popping into existence? 

Regarding effects, Tobruk is going to be dusty, very, very dusty. I hope that one of the coding team is working with the effects guys to add new features and hooks because one feature that is certainly missing at the moment in CloD is a visual propwash effect.

This BoX video (one of the best ever) shows an excellent representation of propwash on the ground causing dust to be kicked up. Check out the 4m 12s mark and then the 15m 17s mark:

By the way, the effects in BoX are fantastic, the grass, dust, tyre tracks and people moving just bring it all to life.

I hope that something like this is being included with v5.00 not only for the take-off but also when the aircraft flies close to the deck (land or water), something to show that there is a pressure wave created by the aircraft. This and with a fix to the pop up grass tiles (obviously not Tobruk but probably a legacy issue unless solved, will certainly add to the visual fidelity.

So can the next update maybe show some new effects (nice engine startup flame on the 109F by the way) and maybe a selection of new aircraft, especially as there are so many to choose from?

Cheers, MP

Edited by Mysticpuma

It is an astonishing list of aircraft. How much ic TF5 going to cost? Why would one possibly include the Taifun? I wonder about the quality control of all this content.

• Upvote 2

S!

Not to be mean, but some posts seem like a subtle "attack" on CloD and TF, bolstering BoX. IMHO both have their rightful place on any simmer´s SSD/HDD. CloD got a way too rough release and took long time before TF got the source code and agreement with 1C. CloD offers at the moment best BoB representation and with MTO coming just gets better. I do like BoX as well, but CloD has it´s place for me too. If 1C/777 says their team is small, more so is TF doing things on their spare time without getting paid. Quite a feat from TF as well as BoX team, keeping simming afloat in the world of FPS shooters. 

While waiting for 5.0 and beyond I can play BoX. It does not diminish CloD in any way :)  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

I would never attack TF. Their dedication is certainly beyond praise. It would be also pointless to attack Cliffs as a game. The ones who like it play it, the one who don‘t like it, they just don‘t. It is as simple as that.

But having endless dedication is not good enough, especially if your great enthusiasm keeps you from *completing* something. Almost everyone can do some job. Very few people can finish a job.

The course of things here feels like showing a kid how to assemble a plastic aircraft model, and he‘d be like taking the 7 largest parts, sticking them together, cos with these parts „it already looks like the aircraft“ and he wants to play with it before he‘s onto the next.

Making ONE good aircraft module is about half years work. At least. It is in BoX (we know how long we wait for each), and it is so in other high fidelity sims. Is the game engine fixed, weather added, previous issues with aircraft mended before you add content that adds a little fun nothing to gameplay?

I‘m perfectly fine with Cliffs (it is what it is), but I find their way of project management scary. In the days of IL-2 46, they (and many others) could tack on a *working game* tons of features that were absolutely awesome. But in Cliffs, they had to start out on a trainwreck. Yet they keep adding features as if there was no tomorrow.

I just don‘t understand.

I still hope for the best for TF5 and that knowledge gained by TF is not lost knowledge. I really keep my fingers crossed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

In reply to the questions:

-  We don't have a price yet for TF 5.0.  I expect it will be in the normal range for this type of product.

-  We include the Bf-108 Taifun because it was one of the first test attempts by TF to get new aircraft cockpits into the game prior to us signing with 1C and receiving the Source Code.  Since we had already done the work, it made sense to include the aircraft in TF 5.0.  It will stand as an intermediate trainer, can be flown by two people online, and can be used in custom missions, etc.  "Kill Rommel"?

-  All the aircraft cockpits and externals will be done to the same standard as the original game or better.

-  There will be additional dust effects in TF 5.0 to replicate the desert conditions.

-  There is already a revision to the system of grass tiles in the Alpha with additional work to be done.

-  There will be fixes for many bugs in TF 5.0 and the code engine is continually being revised.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Re. the Bf-108 and one of its unusual combat roles in N Africa:

http://www.wefly.ifield-park.co.uk/photogal/me1082.htm

https://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Bf-108/Bf-108-Sktz-KG+EM/pages/Bf-108B2Trop-Sktz-KG+EM-Sonderkommando-Blaich-raid-22nd-January-1942-02.html

Rommel operated a personal Bf-108 which he called his "Desert Taxi".

He also operated his own Fiesler Storch, seen here in this documentary at approx. :30 sec  (we won't be building a Storch)

The Bf-108 role in the "Mechelen Incident".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechelen_incident

First of all, I'm a huge fan of this sim, so this isn't a dig at the game and the team. That said, I actually would have expected the 109F to be farther along, too. It's been a long time. This may be finished in a little bit more time than I had thought. I'm getting a slight, "Bitten off more than they could chew," feeling. This may just be a bit too much work for such a small group.

I almost wish you had stayed with the Channel map. A lot of people probably don't agree with me on that. I never get tired of it, though. I would love to have seen it brought up to 1943. Just when the 8th started to operate out of England.

Those P-40's being built could have been a Typhoon and a Mustang MK1. The Italian MC202, an FW190A. The Wildcat could have been a razorback P-47! The Desert version of the Spit5...a Spitfire Mark 9! Throw in an AI B-17F. Some changes to the map. A few 8th Air Force bases. With no new maps to build, we may have had that by now. I would have loved that!

Even more than N. Africa, I'm waiting for the Spit5 and Freida to push the map up to 1941. 1942, even. Don't see why we couldn't do a Dieppe scenario with what we're getting.

Anyway, just thinking out loud. I'm sure I'm going to have a great time with the desert map. I am looking forward to it. And the work being done looks terrific. 

In regards to effects work here is some great Italian newsreel footage from Tobruk in 1941.

Looking at the 1m 15s mark you can  see the trails of dust thrown up by vehicles as seen from the air. Looking at it, it seems the simplest way to recreate this would to be to create a new effects hook, attach the contrail effect to it and make it sand coloured. The game can already handle multiple contrails so adding sand coloured ones should be easy. 

Also noted just after the 1 minute mark the amount of dust thrown up by the AA guns. 

Finally, around the 8m 30s mark there is an aerial shot of the Stukas. Wonder if Major Setback could look at recreating the striped skin, it looks very impressive!

I look forward to seeing the dust effects and the living battlefield. 

Cheers, MP

2 hours ago, Poochnboo said:

First of all, I'm a huge fan of this sim, so this isn't a dig at the game and the team. That said, I actually would have expected the 109F to be farther along, too. It's been a long time. This may be finished in a little bit more time than I had thought. I'm getting a slight, "Bitten off more than they could chew," feeling. This may just be a bit too much work for such a small group.

I almost wish you had stayed with the Channel map. A lot of people probably don't agree with me on that. I never get tired of it, though. I would love to have seen it brought up to 1943. Just when the 8th started to operate out of England.

Those P-40's being built could have been a Typhoon and a Mustang MK1. The Italian MC202, an FW190A. The Wildcat could have been a razorback P-47! The Desert version of the Spit5...a Spitfire Mark 9! Throw in an AI B-17F. Some changes to the map. A few 8th Air Force bases. With no new maps to build, we may have had that by now. I would have loved that!

Even more than N. Africa, I'm waiting for the Spit5 and Freida to push the map up to 1941. 1942, even. Don't see why we couldn't do a Dieppe scenario with what we're getting.

Anyway, just thinking out loud. I'm sure I'm going to have a great time with the desert map. I am looking forward to it. And the work being done looks terrific. 

Throughout the existence of Team Fusion we have been told we would never achieve our goals.  😉

And we have always proved our detractors wrong.  🙂

We will complete TF 5.0.  But we cannot be specific regarding a release date at this point.

Re. the Channel Map:

As has been previously mentioned, many of the new aircraft types which will be seen in TF 5.0 were only flown on the Channel map... so it will not be going out of use.

Regarding the FW190A vs the P-40's... the Desert is not the Desert without the P-40's... they were the primary British Air to Air fighter from mid 1941 to mid 1942...  Re. the 190A... it is a priority for our next module as are other types seen in 1942.

But we felt it was important to open up a new theater which has never been properly explored in WWII Flight Sims... the Desert.   We did not believe the community would be happy flying on the same old map.  With TF 5.0, players will have the opportunity to fly on two maps in a 1941 timeline.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ZachariasX said:

Why would one possibly include the Taifun? I wonder about the quality control of all this content.

Good question, if not correct the actual ground handling and wind effect over planes (a 3 m/S wind turn round any plane on ground), a Taifun will have  usability as 'trainer'  like Tiger Moth have now , or little. 🤨

2 minutes ago, Sokol1 said:

Good question, if not correct the actual ground handling and wind effect over planes (a 3 m/S wind turn round any plane on ground), a Taifun will have  usability as 'trainer'  like Tiger Moth have now , or little. 🤨

Ground handling is one of the areas we are looking at in the code.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

Throughout the existence of Team Fusion we have been told we would never achieve our goals.  😉

I want, very much, for your project to be successful. I want you to make everyone eat their words. I want to hear that this is one of the best combat flight sims that they've ever flown. I've been waiting anxiously for it, and I'll will continue to wait and watch your progress. 

19 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

And we have always proved our detractors wrong.  🙂

Um no. No you haven't. Not even close. TF5 release in 2016 anyone?  Having said that it's very easy to claim you hit your goals when you don't publish them and they move behind the scenes.

By all means be proud of what you have achieved and the impact you've had which is remarkable but stay away from the hyperbole. Especially when there is plenty of evidence laying about.

1 hour ago, No.54_Reddog said:

Um no. No you haven't. Not even close. TF5 release in 2016 anyone?  Having said that it's very easy to claim you hit your goals when you don't publish them and they move behind the scenes.

By all means be proud of what you have achieved and the impact you've had which is remarkable but stay away from the hyperbole. Especially when there is plenty of evidence laying about.

TF never promised TF 5.0 would be ready in 2016.  We did not even have the Source Code at that point.

TF 5.0 in its current form did not exist in 2016... we could not hope to achieve then everything which is now planned.

As has been said many times, TF does not make promises as to release dates.

What we can promise is that we are working as hard as we can to complete TF 5.0 and the work continues to progress well.  😎

Dunno, there was a pretty convincing effort made back in 2015 as to TF5 likely being released late-2016 here. It's now 2018, err'ing closer towards 2019...

Source code and all that though, moving the goalposts is piss-easy. 🤗

I sincerely hope that the North African theatre has been made convincing enough to stick around for; it has now been so long since anything positive emerged out of TF I am both looking forward to, and dreading, the eventual release.

Edited by Leifr
  • Thanks 1

That was a message I posted in mid 2015, nearly two years before we received the source code.

Here is what I said:

"TF 5.0 is not going to be ready till 2016, that will be quite a bit later in 2016. Maybe much much later."

Our plans at that point were to release a few new planes and a very limited North Africa map... nothing near as comprehensive as what we are now planning.  The standard for what can be offered for free is not the same as the standard required for a professional product.

As soon as 1C approached TF in September of 2016, our whole planning changed.

The product we release will include an additional 15 aircraft types or variants we had not planned to include when we were an amateur team.

I guess this detail will not satisfy those who have made a profession out of being critics.... but those persons have already stated they will never buy the game anyway.  Why they continue to post here is a mystery.   😉

For those who have an open mind, we can promise a release which will give Flight Sim lovers a good opportunity to experience the aircraft and environment of North Africa 1940-41.  😎

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Buzzsaw said:

The product we release will include an additional 15 aircraft types or variants we had not planned to include when we were an amateur team

This explains a lot. Also, the need for higher quality because of the decision to make it payware.

Aircraft to be included in TF 5.0 which were not planned to be included in the amateur TF release:

Macchi C-202 (two variants)

Hurricane IIC/D

Spitfire IIB/VA

P-40C/Tomahawk IIB

Martlet III

Beaufighter IF/IC (three variants)

Bf-110C-6

109E-7NZ

109F-1/F-2

Etc.

Edit:  Forgot to add Dewoitine D.520 to list.  ;)

I for one welcome our new BF-110 C6 overlords.

Important question critcial to the progress of TF 5.O: When do I get a CLOD badge?

8 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

And thats to be expected but it flies in the face of your previous comment

On 8/7/2018 at 10:04 PM, Buzzsaw said:

And we have always proved our detractors wrong

8 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

but those persons have already stated they will never buy the game anyway

I've already paid for 4.5 which technically I didn't need to do. Normal companies are usually grateful for paying customers. And since you keep threatening me with legal action, maybe I should keep my money in hand for that eventuality.

Having said that, the history of this thread shows that something said in the past doesn't dictate future outcomes. Maybe my goals will change when TF5 is released and I see how great it is?

Until then I have made my point and will leave it there.

Edited by No.54_Reddog
  • Confused 1

When I don’t like the look of a product, I tend to ignore it, rather than wasting my time with it.

11 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

I guess this detail will not satisfy those who have made a profession out of being critics.... but those persons have already stated they will never buy the game anyway.  Why they continue to post here is a mystery.   😉

For those who have an open mind, we can promise a release which will give Flight Sim lovers a good opportunity to experience the aircraft and environment of North Africa 1940-41.  😎

Nowadays unfortunately there are more and more whinners, bitchers, people who are never satisifed . They only look for the sligtest reason (even if it isnt there) to criticise so to feel that their miserable life isn't that bad and to get a bit of attention.

So dont give it to them and  just ignore them and keep up the good work. There are many people who are waiting for your sim.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bonkin said:-

Q. Will anything be done about the time it takes to get a Beaufighter airborne (about 4.5 mins)?

A. The engine cooling/overheat modelling for all aircraft will be revised for TF 5.0.

Q. Can the excessive movement of the Spit and Hurri on the ground whilst taxying be rectified?

A. We continue to revise and edit the FMs of all aircraft all the way up to the point of release. The environment weather effects also have a part to play. At the moment though our focus is on completing 3D modelling and importing.

I was also at the Flying Legends, Bonks. Sorry I missed you...

I understand that MAYBE the above will be rectified in TF5. However, if Clod expects people to pay out good money for something that MAY be fixed in the future, I think they will get a shock. The faults that appeared on the launch of Blitz need to be rectified now. Otherwise people will trust TF5 even less than they do now.

I understand the the Devs are volunteers but..........the customers still demand value for their money....something that is bot happening now. I know you are in a difficult position Bonks, but TF5 really need to pay attention to Customer care. Something they are not doing now..so far.

For at least 3 years, TF5 has been promising so much......yet nothing seems to be forthcoming.

Please let us see some improvements to Blitz NOW....even if it's only to show that the Customer base are being listened to. Any improvements now may help to build the trust again.

Sorry to be so negative, I really don't mean to be

Camm

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, No.85_Camm said:

Bonkin said:-

I understand that MAYBE the above will be rectified in TF5. However, if Clod expects people to pay out good money for something that MAY be fixed in the future, I think they will get a shock. The faults that appeared on the launch of Blitz need to be rectified now. Otherwise people will trust TF5 even less than they do now.

I understand the the Devs are volunteers but..........the customers still demand value for their money....something that is bot happening now. I know you are in a difficult position Bonks, but TF5 really need to pay attention to Customer care. Something they are not doing now..so far.

For at least 3 years, TF5 has been promising so much......yet nothing seems to be forthcoming.

Please let us see some improvements to Blitz NOW....even if it's only to show that the Customer base are being listened to. Any improvements now may help to build the trust again.

Sorry to be so negative, I really don't mean to be

Camm

With all due respect:

The time it takes to get the Beaufighter engines warmed is not incorrect.  The Bristol Hercules is a very large radial engine and those types typically took some time to warm up.  I understand people do not want to wait that long, but the timeframe is not inaccurate.  (and many players have discovered work arounds which actually mean the warm-up time can be cut to not much more than a minute... search the ATAG forums)

We have also already mentioned we will introduce pre-warmed engines as an option mission builders can select.  We hope to add this option in a patch prior to TF 5.0.  That will allow instant takeoffs.

The issue of ground handling is one of our priorities... but is not a simple fix.  Specifically regarding the Spitfires... these, along with the 109's, were poor ground handlers, with the Spits having a tendency to nose over or drop a wingtip.

Thanks 

9 hours ago, No.85_Camm said:

Hey Camm! Shame we didn't get to meet up. Maybe next year eh?

Point taken though. I am reading much of the feedback and am already planning what to show next month. Cinematic videos take a long time to produce but may not be the best way to show what progress is being made. The work being done is not all about the new models though... did you see this one for example?

https://www.tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/749#change-3503

An over pressure valve for pressurized radiators has been modeled, meaning that in an overheat situation the radiator will vent instead of being perforated.
A vapor trail is generated and the amount of liquid vented depends on the rpm of the engine.
When the engine temperature returns to normal values, the valve stops venting.

Cheers mate.

On 8/7/2018 at 8:31 PM, Buzzsaw said:

He also operated his own Fiesler Storch, seen here in this documentary at approx. :30 sec  (we won't be building a Storch)

Shame there won't be storch :( btw that documentary is horrible ;D but seeing it as "history channel" I am not even surprised...

On 8/6/2018 at 9:20 PM, Bonkin said:

. Here are just a few pictures of some of the objects:

These look amazing, I hope such a quality models will be replacing clod ones, especially aaa.

14 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

With all due respect:

The time it takes to get the Beaufighter engines warmed is not incorrect.  The Bristol Hercules is a very large radial engine and those types typically took some time to warm up.  I understand people do not want to wait that long, but the timeframe is not inaccurate.  (and many players have discovered work arounds which actually mean the warm-up time can be cut to not much more than a minute... search the ATAG forums)

We have also already mentioned we will introduce pre-warmed engines as an option mission builders can select.  We hope to add this option in a patch prior to TF 5.0.  That will allow instant takeoffs.

The issue of ground handling is one of our priorities... but is not a simple fix.  Specifically regarding the Spitfires... these, along with the 109's, were poor ground handlers, with the Spits having a tendency to nose over or drop a wingtip.

Thanks 

Look what I found Buzzsaw...Big indeed :salute:

On 8/7/2018 at 5:03 PM, ZachariasX said:

I would never attack TF. Their dedication is certainly beyond praise. It would be also pointless to attack Cliffs as a game. The ones who like it play it, the one who don‘t like it, they just don‘t. It is as simple as that.

yea suuure

Of course. They should drop CloD althogether. If they can make content for CloD, maybe they can do so for BoX. They should do that.

I've just seen an article in PCGamer saying that swastikas are to be allowed in Germany in at least some videogames in future, using the same qualifications as are currently used for films. Might this mean that TF5 will be able to return to using accurate markings? I very much hope so.

David

3 hours ago, InProgress said:

yea suuure

Yes. Sure. And I stand by my *opinion* that they would be better off producing stuff for BoX.

But I noticed they also were forthcoming here with their plans and I wish them the best and that they will succeed in their venture.

It‘s not like that I think that they are supposed to do as I deem it‘s best. They do as they do. If all turns out well, I‘ll most likely buy TF5. How I will like it, I find out then.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, dhasdell said:

I've just seen an article in PCGamer saying that swastikas are to be allowed in Germany in at least some videogames in future, using the same qualifications as are currently used for films. Might this mean that TF5 will be able to return to using accurate markings? I very much hope so.

David

Edit:

It appears the laws in Germany may have changed... however:

And the game has international distribution, including in Russia... where laws are still in force.

So TF will not be making an changes to the markings shown at this point.

I do understand there was a group/persons who were working on a mod, but I have not seen any recent postings.

Worst case scenario we could always edit some of the skins with a decal :P

Oh and ZachariasX I understand your opinion and respect it but I just want to add that It wouldn't make any sense to produce anything for BoX as there is already a dedicated team there, the deal is either they make Clod a badass sim or either nothing happens, Im sure we all wish them to succeed, I mean what good would it make to have less ww2 air combat sims? We already don't have a lot...