666GIAP_Chimango

VVS guns nerfed, or LW planes more resistent under 3.005?

Just this question, cause haven´t been able to do a serious test yet so maybe devs @Jason_Williams  can confirm it or not.

In my squad -we participate in TAW- we think now Shvak+bs12.7mm are not doing the damage they used to do in previous versions. Anyone else?

Thanks to devs in advance.

• Haha 1

Seeing as how the German 20mm already does less damage then the soviet's equal counterpart. I don't really see a game balance problem, if it was reduced.  Other than that, I have no idea if it was or was not changed.

Edited by Geronimo553
  • Confused 4

I like that band that has the song "Every me Every you" but I forget their name.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, AeroAce said:

I like that band that has the song "Every me Every you" but I forget their name.

I think it was placebo?

• Haha 1

Haven't noticed anything of the sort? at least my rear gunner still tends to take out 109's engines with regularity.

2 hours ago, Geronimo553 said:

I don't really see a game balance problem, if it was reduced.

Game balance?

GAME BALANCE?????

You do realize that this is a sim, not an arcade game and there is no, nor should there be "game balance".  If you want game balance, there are other titles out there that work in this manner and you should investigate them, if equality of equipment is what you seek.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

You do realize that this is a sim, not an arcade game and there is no, nor should there be "game balance".  If you want game balance, there are other titles out there that work in this manner and you should investigate them, if equality of equipment is what you seek.

You're being pedantic. Sim's operate from a design philosophy of realism, rather than what is equal/fair in a competitive game. If something in game is modelled contra to what was historically the case (In this game), then it requires balancing to correct it, first to what was historically accurate, and secondly (which derives from the first given all other systems are modelled correctly) to create the correct balance relative to other systems/mechanics that existed within the complex. It does not mean complete symmetry.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Game balance?

GAME BALANCE?????

🤣

There was some tweaking to bullet damage. Jason said it was specifically dealing with damage to WWI birds. Its possible this has had a little effect on the WWII damage modeling.

Hard to do the kind of testing needed to tell if something has changed. Harder still to get people to accept even rigorous testing when their own experience is different.

I'm just going to keep shooting at things until they die/blow up/catch fire and try not to worry too much.

• Like 1

I haven't noticed anything. I'm going to go with the usual placebo effect and confirmation bias over anything unless some folks want to repeat the ample and more rigorous testing that some of us have done.

6 hours ago, ECV56_Chimango said:

Just this question, cause haven´t been able to do a serious test yet so maybe devs @Jason_Williams  can confirm it or not.

In my squad -we participate in TAW- we think now Shvak+bs12.7mm are not doing the damage they used to do in previous versions. Anyone else?

Thanks to devs in advance.

Nope on my part. Maybe you are nervous with the new update and aiming a little bit off? 😀

Where I was able to shot down 7-8 He111s in QM tests I can 5-6 now no matter if red or blue fighter. Catastrophic structural failures don't happen as often, too. Hmm...