We are all thinking about new WW2 scenarios and what can be done next. As the Me262 will come and the jet technology will be introduced, wouldn't the expansion to the Korean Conflict be an interesting step?

Some planes from WW2, new cool jets, great engine to recreate the Korean penincula 

Battle over Korea :salute:

What do you guys think? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I've also been thinking this would be a great direction to go one day. There are plenty of interesting aircraft to use, including props alongside the jets. I will say that I think it should come after the Pacific expansion though.

I would love to see something like we had in the old SWOTL with P80, Me 163, Go 229 complementing the available BoBP planes. And of course more types of bombers (2 engined) to shoot down.

I also find this particular conflict interesting in terms of developing technology. I would love to see some Korean war era aircraft and maps.

Not really interested in Pacific campaigns, as i feel it would just be 'more of the same'.

2 minutes ago, II./JG77_Myn said:

great idea

Unfortunately with my age and health problems. I'll probably be dead and cremated before it happens😂would be nice if i wasn't though😃

That’s just tremendous ignorance talking. (More of the same comment)

I’m hugely ignorant  about the Med, which is a big reason for my lack of interest. 

That said - yes down the road Korea would be welcomed.

Edited just now by Gambit21

1 minute ago, Gambit21 said:

That’s just tremendous ignorance talking.

I’m hugely ignorant  about the Med, which is a big reason for my lack of interest. I’ll 

That said - yes down the road Korea would be welcomed.

How do you measure ignorance my friend? i myself sometimes measure it by the amount of presumption directed at myself by people who have never actually met me.

As for the Pacific campaign, all it brings to to the table in terms of innovation is carrier warfare and that can be done in a Korean campaign.

3 minutes ago, RhumbaAzul said:

How do you measure ignorance my friend? 

Easy - anyone saying that Zekes, Wildcats and carriers is “more of the same” pretty much pegs the needle - no personal meeting required. Just with regard to the subject matter at hand mind you.

That said it wasn’t a personal insult - I pointed out my own ignorance regarding the Med. Easier to own it rather than getting indignant about it.

17 minutes ago, RhumbaAzul said:

Unfortunately with my age and health problems. I'll probably be dead and cremated before it happens😂would be nice if i wasn't though😃

I am with you there...

• Like 1

Stop it - you’re both going to be good.

Mind-set matters - BE WELL.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Easy - anyone saying that Zekes, Wildcats and carriers is “more of the same” pretty much pegs the needle - no personal meeting required. Just with regard to the subject matter at hand mind you.

All powered by combustion engines of varied degrees of refinement and we have plenty of these already.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RhumbaAzul said:

All powered by combustion engines of varied degrees of refinement and we have plenty of these already.

True - but the combat/dynamics between these aircraft are quite different.

There’s just nothing like PTO - that’s leaving carriers out of it.

Han is a fan of Korea and wants to go there. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's long over due . Mig ally was great . 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gambit21 said:

True - but the combat/dynamics between these aircraft are quite different.

Han is a fan of Korea and wants to go there. :)

Admittedly there are some aircraft that i love from the PTO, i'd just prefer that we had some early jet fighters and turboprop combat aircraft. I've had enough of WW2.

But, as is said by many; 'whatever floats yer boat'.  All the best.

I want to recreate that time a RAAF Meteor on a ground pounding mission ended up shooting down 1 confirmed and 1 unconfirmed MiG-15 :biggrin:

Just now, FFS_Cybermat47 said:

I want to recreate that time a RAAF Meteor on a ground pounding mission ended up shooting down 1 confirmed and 1 unconfirmed MiG-15 :biggrin:

Yeah, and i want a gold plated toilet baby!

My go to cold war fighter jet would the English Electric Lightning, i'd sell one of my bollocks to fly a proper sim of that one. It's not like i use them these days anyway.

• Haha 2

Support this 10000%! Maybe the fact that my wife is Korean and I eat kimchi every other day makes me biased but hey! It's the era of the fastest ever all-gun dogfights, and P-51s from Bodenplatte can be reused for ground attack and to represent the ROKAF.

I’d love to fly the MiG 15 on a worthwhile map.

Something I’ll never get anywhere else, that’s for damn skippy.

Well, I think it would be interesting
I piss on myself just thinking about it
In Korea there was still a lot of dog fighting
In fact the aircraft were similar in terms of instruments
 and the only difference with those of the ww2 were the engines
 and the response that they had "the delay" and the high speed of these devices
The F-86 against the mig-15 supremacy was on the Russian side
The death of the dog fights was then in the Vietnam War.
 Then the supremacy was from the United States with the Phantom facing the Mig-21
We would also like to see vietnam in the saga,

hehehe

3 hours ago, TheLoliAssassin said:

I've also been thinking this would be a great direction to go one day. There are plenty of interesting aircraft to use, including props alongside the jets. I will say that I think it should come after the Pacific expansion though.

I agree wholeheartedly, because there need to be Carriers, Corsairs, Skyraiders, Panthers, and all the other good stuff........ including English Carriers, Sea Furies...Fireflys... etc....etc....

So they also need to get busy on IL10, Tu-2, Yak-9, La-9/11, Po-2 will already be there................. 

Cheers

Hoss

Hmmm....

F-51 Mustang, F-82 Twin Mustang, Sea Fury, late Corsair, Skyraider, B26 Invader, La7, IL-10, oh, and those kerosene burning things too...

Sign me up.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RhumbaAzul said:

What military aircraft aren't powered by combustion engines?

Steam engines, jets, rockets, and even firearms are combustion engines.

I think that only leaves us with gliders and small UAVs.

Once they have sufficiently covered WWII... I'd be down with doing Korea for sure. F-86 vs MiG-15 is great but I also hope to see some other historical types in the mix too. There's plenty to choose from.

5 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

...but the combat/dynamics between these aircraft are quite different.

Truer words never been spoken (recently). The doctrine work done by USN aviators in the prelude to Midway and Guadalcanal was arguably the best of the war and influenced air combat training at Nellis for Korea, Vietnam and beyond.

It would be first expansion i would pass on. I have 0 interest in korea or vietnam when it comes to flying. Would rather expand russia or pacific than start another theatre.

Edited by InProgress
  • Like 2

The limiting factor of the Korean Air War in terms of a Simulator scenario really is the North Korean Air Force.

Yes, they had those intriguing souped-up piston aircraft of Soviet origin - how many? Very few!

Scenario-wise Korea really is limited to either the early phase of the 1950 UN counteroffensive or MiG vs. Sabre + UN ground attackers.

Maybe after some in-depth Asia-Pacific scenarios at least broadly covering the air war fought there and after the Spanish Civil War.
And the Meteor Mk.III would make for a nice BoBP collector...

iirc, Han really wanted to Korea. So maybe eventually? I mean, if Jason gets to eventually do what he wants, I don't see why they couldn't satisfy Han too. :P

After we've been in the Pacific one day, I'll gladly receive my deployment to the Korean peninsula! 

An very interesting scenario which was more or less ignored throughout the history of flightsiming. 

10 hours ago, II./JG77_Con said:

Mig ally was great . 

Man that takes me back. It was great, but you really had to fight against it to get to it's greatness - such an awkward GUI etc.

And a Sea Fury in the BoX engine would be a proper dream come true. Every time I go to Duxford and see all the warbirds lined up, it's the Sea Furies that most tempt me to just sprint for the cockpit. They're like a Bearcat, but with class ;)

seafury.jpg.a8b60d02f3c7699e3212883fc3942e78.jpg

• Like 2

Hold up hold up, will this include the B29s? The B57s? 

If they go Korea, they need better tech.

I remember back in 1946 there was a Korea map that featured the entire penninsula plus part of Japan.  If IL2 can create a map of that scale withterrain quality of the most current tech, then they should do Korea. Tht Goes for the bombers too.  Mke it when they have the tech and the mission types. Meaning including both tactical and strategic air wars

I'm also keen on a Korean/Mig alley type flightsim just have to wait and see, fingers crossed it happens one day.

8 hours ago, InProgress said:

It would be first expansion i would pass on. I have 0 interest in korea or vietnam when it comes to flying. Would rather expand russia or pacific than start another theatre.

I would rather have anything other than another eastern front release. 

However, Korea offers a chance to keep both of us happy as there are a lot of late-war Soviet types (Yak-9P, La-7/9/11, Tu-2, Il-10) and for Tank Crews, T-34 and Shermans at least.  

In addition there are some existing types we either have now or will have by then that can be included (Pe-2, Po-2/U-2, P-51), and scope for other interesting aircraft that we don’t yet have but would add a lot to gameplay (An-2, C-47, Short Sunderland, Bell H-13 and Sikorsky H-34 helicopters).

All this in addition to carriers and Sea Furies, Fireflies and Corsairs, plus the iconic F-86/MiG-15 face-off. 

In a a couple of different ways, the Korean War in BoX would be like a big mashup of late-war Eastern Front and late-war Pacific, happening at once. 

15 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Hmmm....

F-51 Mustang, F-82 Twin Mustang, Sea Fury, late Corsair, Skyraider, B26 Invader, La7, IL-10, oh, and those kerosene burning things too...

Sign me up.

And the weird British stuff, too 😋

I'm not against a Korean theatre, I might even enjoy it, but would hope to see the WWII content continue to grow.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, InProgress said:

Same.  Its never caught my interest and there is still so many theaters of WW2 still to go.  For Jets, my preferences are already being covered by DCS.

14 minutes ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

Same.  Its never caught my interest and there is still so many theaters of WW2 still to go.  For Jets, my preferences are already being covered by DCS.

And the same again :)