6./ZG26_Custard

Dice destroys WWII -Battlefield V

The social justice, intersectionality and critical theory agenda has pretty much tried to ruin everything.  The” agenda” has certainly and completely now ruined the Battlefield series of games.

The official trailer is an abhorrent mess. We have blue face painted “Soldiers” with teddy bears, Katana’s and Cricket bats as part of their accoutrement. It’s also hard not to notice Cyber-Woman leading this rag tag band of Mad Max extras into the fray. History has been dropped because it’s clearly too problematic in this modern age.

It’s the “Current year” and we now have game developers producing absolute garbage like this. It’s insulting to those veterans who fought and died in that war.

One can only hope that this utterly fail.

Looking at the dislike to like ratio is rather encouraging.

It’s a good job that we can still depend on some enlightened developers who are endeavouring to create a quality product that doesn’t diminish or try to subvert history. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Female soldiers I dont mind in the game - even if they were very rare to find as fighting participants in official troops.

The customization however I think sucks .. at least how it seems to be implemented. Doesnt look like a unit of soldiers at all - more like a bunch of mercenaries who escaped some fictional movie.

They should have stayed at their model with a main game and several purchasable scenarios - but instead they jump on the customization train like seen in CoD WWII.

Must be more in it moneywise than in scenarios which are included now.

2 minutes ago, 9./JG27golani79 said:

Female soldiers I dont mind in the game - even if they were very rare to find as fighting participants in official troops.

The customization however I think sucks .. at least how it seems to be implemented. Doesnt look like a unit of soldiers at all - more like a bunch of mercenaries who escaped some fictional movie.

They should have stayed at their model with a main game and several purchasable scenarios - but instead they jump on the customization train like seen in CoD WWII.

Must be more in it moneywise than in scenarios which are included now.

I don't mind female combatants when used in the right context, such as Soviet female snipers, resistance fighters etc. However, Cyber-woman is just ridiculous like the rest of this game.

Dice have just cucked and are pandering to the SJW crowd who probably won't even play the game. Just check out ComicGate and what happened over at marvel comics.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Wow, Overwatch 2 looks fun. And the Doctor Who crossover is interesting. It seems that the Cybermen are exploiting WWII in order to convert wounded people.

... is it just me, or was that last sarcastic joke actually a better idea than the actual game?

Edited by FFS_Cybermat47
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

I don't mind female combatants when used in the right context, such as Soviet female snipers, resistance fighters etc. However, Cyber-woman is just ridiculous like the rest of this game.

Dice have just cucked and are pandering to the SJW crowd who probably won't even play the game. Just check out ComicGate and what happened over at marvel comics.

Therefore I mentioned that they were very scarce to find.

The prosthesis I consider a customization and pretty ridiculous - no chance to shoot or reload effecively.

Also running / sliding and gunning with a MG42 .. yeah right.

Actually I was looking forward to a new BF set in WWII but since I have seen the trailer my interest went down to 0.

We can just hope that they will fail with this title but I doubt it.

9 minutes ago, 9./JG27golani79 said:

Actually I was looking forward to a new BF set in WWII but since I have seen the trailer my interest went down to 0.

We can just hope that they will fail with this title but I doubt it.

One can hope that this will end up in the bargain basement a few short weeks after release but I think you are right, this will probably be a commercial success.

It's all about money. All this changes with customization and introducing female characters are meant to increase profits, not to push any policy or agenda. BF1 brought massive profits, so did SW Battlefront 2. Battlefield V must bring even greater and since they were firecely opposed by fans when introducing some loot boxes, now they look how to increase profits by other means.

I've stopped buying EA and Ubisoft games some time ago. They look good and thats about it. They have limited support, lack any story or character depth and worse have a gameplay about as deep as puddle. Those are just big American style corporations, pumping every year another game, so dont expect something that a smaller but full of passion teams can deliver. If anything, this year may bring two shooters which interest me - Post Scriptum and Hell Let Loose. 

No policy or agenda behind it, they just know that this will resonate well with game journalists and casual fans. Not everything - in fact, very few things - has a secret agenda being spread, particularly within big companies. They like money, lots of money, and if tomorrow killing babies and eating LEGO bricks becomes fashionable there will be an EA game about it.

• Upvote 6

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2018 at 7:48 AM, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

It's all about policy and agenda and if they can make money whilst pushing it so much the better for them.

Actually, I think Hiromachi is right. We all know that EA cares about nothing but making money. They're only doing this because SJWs are in the majority but not really they're just screaming the loudest. [Edited]

Edited by Bearcat
Politics

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 216th_Lucas_From_Hell said:

No policy or agenda behind it, they just know that this will resonate well with game journalists and casual fans. Not everything - in fact, very few things - has a secret agenda being spread, particularly within big companies. They like money, lots of money, and if tomorrow killing babies and eating LEGO bricks becomes fashionable there will be an EA game about it.

Of course there is xD

The+real+reason+why+women+are+being+push

Devs said it himself, PUSHED for women, RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY etc.

Now it seems like there will always be this stuff in big companies, I know people can make fun of it and that you are touchy, but every Disney star wars movie so far, 1 girl hero, 1 black hero, 1 white guy hero, then add some smaller asian characters and mix together. When you watch movies or play games and you see this basic kit of progressive art, it makes me sick and feels just so forced it breaks all the fun from enjoying it. There was bunch of blacks, women etc in older movies but they made sense, Galadriela in Lord of the Rings, Lando from Star wars and Leia. Or that guy from "Blade" one of first movies i have seen as kid, really great movie.

There is no buisness with this, Star Wars is losing money, with every movie they make, they make less money, I saw episode 7 which was one of the shittiest movies i have ever seen, rouge one was kind of cool but had bunch of cringy scenes and just stupid moments (but what can you expect when director was kicked out in the end, and that crazy Kathleen Kennedy made other guy change bunch of old director work (movie could be dark, brutal war movie but turned to be half of it with cringy comedy). After these 2 movies, i am done, SW turned into crap, i saw bunch of fan sw movies with better story than disney could ever dream of making.

You think people will buy BF5 now? They will, lots of, but if this game would be normal and what people wanted, immersive and realistic (at least realistic for bf style game), brutal like bf1 then it would be huge success. And what people get? Some droid lady and bunch of commandos with blue face paint on insanely colorful graphic style.

EDIT:
Also, no one would say a word if there would be woman in russian army. This would feel ok, but put them on western front? It's just forced... they learned nothing from CoD ww2.

Edited by InProgress
  • Like 1

I respect the part where he's including female characters for the sake of not excluding girls and women. That's an honourable purpose, and using video games might be a good way to achieve that. Battlefield was never really meant to be taken too seriously, you don't play it for its educational value and historical accuracy.

If there are people who think that WWII is too serious an event to be misused in games, that's understandable too. But maybe that's more of an argument against using WWII in video games at all.

DICE appears to be pushing an agenda, and if you know something about Sweden it's not an overly surprising one. I wonder if we'll see all kinds of ethnicities available in character selection too. If not then DICE isn't being very consistent. EA is playing along because it does not hurt sales, it might even help reach more targets.

4 minutes ago, InProgress said:

When you watch movies or play games and you see this basic kit of progressive art, it makes me sick and feels just so forced it breaks all the fun from enjoying it.

OK, at this point I expected you to give examples of reality-based movies where it's expected that white men get the most important roles, but you go on with

5 minutes ago, InProgress said:

There was bunch of blacks, women etc in older movies but they made sense, Galadriela in Lord of the Rings, Lando from Star wars and Leia. Or that guy from "Blade" one of first movies i have seen as kid, really great movie.

So basically you have certain expectations on the place of women and black people even in works that are 100% fiction, and deviating from that makes you sick. There's a lot that SJW say on the net that makes me cringe, but that tops it.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, coconut said:

I respect the part where he's including female characters for the sake of not excluding girls and women. That's an honourable purpose, and using video games might be a good way to achieve that. Battlefield was never really meant to be taken too seriously, you don't play it for its educational value and historical accuracy. 

Seems like it's hard for some to understand, people play it for fun, that's why they like all the unlocks that are somehow realistic but many is just project that was never finished or mass produced, point is, people find realism fun. Not hardcore realism but the one that lets them have ww2 based game, where they fight germans and not black women in nazi uniforms. For many this is game breaking. And it goes 2 ways, people would be upset to see Anglo-Zulu War game where all british are black and zulu white...

6 minutes ago, coconut said:

OK, at this point I expected you to give examples of reality-based movies where it's expected that white men get the most important roles, but you go on with

I don't even understand what you are talking about.

6 minutes ago, coconut said:

So basically you have certain expectations on the place of women and black people even in works that are 100% fiction, and deviating from that makes you sick. There's a lot that SJW say on the net that makes me cringe, but that tops it.

And here, really wtf is wrong with you? Yea it makes me sick when i see black SS soldier since it does not make any sense. Just because it's work of fiction does not mean it can be dumb and put everything randomly. What I meant is, if directors FORCE certain roles, it breaks fun of watching a movie because you see it. If i watch another star wars movie with the same style, black, girl, white guy +bonus, all the bad guys are white. This what makes me sick, not because someone is black. Really, wth sits in your head to implay stuff like this?

Like i said, Blade got black vampire hunter, it's main character, it's great character and a movie, Galadriela is elf powerful woman that has almost no match in middle earth. Joanna d'Arc, one of my favorite historical character that got even great movie. What you do here is change my words or just simply can't understand difference between not likeing a movie because they force female and black characters because every movie now must have then and me thinking that they have no place in any movie. Wtf dude?

I'm fine with women being depicted.  But the rest of that gameplay though...  It's garbage.  I've never seen anything so low.

• Upvote 2

Two articles from that hideous rag the "Guardian" where "columnist" Rhiannon Lucy Cosslett opens her article by telling us about  the full horror of the patriarchy as apposed to the full horror of war, where she seems to think WWII is like some old boys club of quote "men rampaging around having a great time, being heroic and climbing mountains, shooting things, being soldiers." 

She is also fine with "historians" lying.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/23/dan-snow-daughter-women-war?__twitter_impression=true

And four days later another columnist tries to redress the previous article but still has to throw in "hegemonic masculinity." 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/27/dan-snow-rewrites-history-female-spitfire-pilots

Taking nothing away from the efforts and contributions of women in WWII, I'm just glad that the men serving on the front lines didn't feel the need to white knight, drink soy products or be made to feel guilty about their masculinity. Things would have been very different if that had been the case.

• Upvote 2

As someone who has no interest in this sort of stuff, after watching the trailers I have to say whats really missing is a fruity, English public school accent crying "Cease fire!":) 

5 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

We have blue face painted “Soldiers” with teddy bears, Katana’s and Cricket bats as part of their accoutrement.

Think of Post Scriptum as Steven Spielbergs version of war, and Battlefield V as Quentin Tarentino's. In Battlefield V,  you may even get a chance to blow up Adolph Hitler!

• Haha 1

My problem here is probably not being involved enough to care, I lost interest in FPS games years ago, and Battlefield was one of the reasons for it. But to me looking at that trailer . I would stop thinking authentic and immersion, and start looking for other reasons to play it.

The fact that Like /Dislike is not negative is because many are like me, they push like button or ignore it, I never pushed a thumbs down button in my life, because in my mind encouraging make sense the opposite does not. 

I watched the trailer and had the same reaction at first; snowflakes in muh battlefield!? Not buying it out of pure spite! Then JF posted a video he did with the lead design director:

And now I feel much better about it. No pre-order from me until I see MP footage at EA Play etc.

As for Post Scriptum, I feel it's Squad with ww2 skins. A walking sim. And I loathe being barked at by a 13 year old who has seen nary a breast let alone had his noodle wet but is a "combat veteran" and "very experienced in leading men". Sure as death and taxes will I never address a teen as sir. I suppose Squad, PS (can't comment on HLL, haven't seen much gunplay footage yet) could be fun if you knew and had long term relationships with your entire squad. But random pubs, nope sorry. Squad gave me a headache only Demerol could fix since the engine turns it into a pixel hunt.

As for BF, I'd be all over a remastered BF2 or 2142 with updated netcode (60hz tick rate) and updated graphics.

• Upvote 1

If they wanted to do some sort of Elite Soldiers type of thing, there were other ways to do it. They could have done SAS, U.S Rangers, German SS Paratroopers. You could pick one of those in game and go to it. A woman? Okay....how about a French or Norwegian resistance fighter. And give her two arms and lose the Indian war paint, for Pete's sake. Geez. It's 1944 and she looks like a cyborg. 

33 minutes ago, [CPT]CptJackSparrow said:

As for Post Scriptum, I feel it's Squad with ww2 skins. A walking sim. And I loathe being barked at by a 13 year old who has seen nary a breast let alone had his noodle wet but is a "combat veteran" and "very experienced in leading men". Sure as death and taxes will I never address a teen as sir. I suppose Squad, PS (can't comment on HLL, haven't seen much gunplay footage yet) could be fun if you knew and had long term relationships with your entire squad. But random pubs, nope sorry. Squad gave me a headache only Demerol could fix since the engine turns it into a pixel hunt.

I was involved in the recent test weekend for Post Scriptum and from a personal viewpoint, I think it has the potential to be the best WWII fps ever. There are still issues to be ironed out but I am keeping fingers crossed that this gets the support that it deserves. I for one I'm glad that it features big maps as most of the COD Battlefield stuff takes place on maps the size of postage stamps.

With the addition of Vehicle combat in PS the maps need to be large. Over that weekend, I crewed up in a Tiger with me as Driver, with human gunner commander and bow machine gunnner. It was just fantastic.

This video will give some idea of what its like.

HLL needs to pick up the pace or it will be left behind, admittedly it still in closed alpha. I have played it and again its a title that has a lot of potential,

I just wish we could have a completely remastered MOH allied assault. For me its the best WWII fps to date. Maybe once PS is fully completed it will be surpassed?  

13 minutes ago, Poochnboo said:

If they wanted to do some sort of Elite Soldiers type of thing, there were other ways to do it. They could have done SAS, U.S Rangers, German SS Paratroopers. You could pick one of those in game and go to it. A woman? Okay....how about a French or Norwegian resistance fighter. And give her two arms and lose the Indian war paint, for Pete's sake. Geez. It's 1944 and she looks like a cyborg. 

It would have been so much better to focus the story on maybe a female soviet sniper or a female french resistance fighter, if developers wanted to "feature" women in WWII but cyborg Anne is just a joke. It's shocking bad.

Posted (edited)

Ten years ago I'd have been all over PS, but these days, I just don't have that level of time. Between work, designing lesson plans for work, the house remodel and her walking around the corner with a pushup on, I just don't have and am not willing to make that time commitment. If say 5 or 6 of The Captains were into shooters, we'd probably give it a whirl. But just two of us are into this genre. And some nights I just want to camp, hold a angle, head glitch the shit out of some cover for 30 mins, abuse peekers advantage and call it a night.

I guess I'm more of a competitive player. Esports, leagues etc. What probably turned me away from the more immersive shooters was the community (present thread posters excluded of course) that they foster. The former active duty that never made NCO and are taking out their fantasies on random people, when in fact he was probably a fobbit. The 13 year old squeekers whom bark orders from "experience" etc etc. (not to say that all groups and cliques are this way) And the guy who has actually been in harms way but has never heard the term 'quiet professional' who then devolves into a raging racist prick and any and all opinions that are contrary to his are null, void and without merit, "cuz he's got his CIB biatch!"

I do hope for the sake of the genre that both HLL and PS are raging successes. Nothing drives innovation like competition.

Edit: I'll buy both of them, just to support the genre, how long they reside on the SSD is yet to be seen. 😃

Edited by [CPT]CptJackSparrow
punctuation, footnote

Sorry, Custard, but I can't for the life of me see what any "social justice, intersectionality and critical theory agenda" has got to do with it. The game is pure fantasy, and clearly isn't remotely intended to represent realistic warfare. EA produces stuff like this for one reason only: because it sells. I can't imagine the average 'social justice warrior' is much into graphic depictions of warfare and graphic violence anyway, whether realistically with a bayonet, or unrealistically with a cricket bat. And if you want to peddle conspiracy theories about corporations engaging in social engineering, you will have to come out with a plausible explanation as to why they would be doing it. About all I can think of in this regard is the obvious observation that they are seeking to appeal to a broader audience than the archetypal adolescent male 'gamer'. Which is something that games publishers have been doing for decades, since the 'gamers' only constitute a small part of the market. This is the 'free market economy' in action, churning out cliched nonsense for profit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

Sorry, Custard, but I can't for the life of me see what any "social justice, intersectionality and critical theory agenda" has got to do with it. The game is pure fantasy

I respect your opinion Andy even if i don't agree with it. If its fantasy why on earth choose WWII, why not set it in a future war? The agenda is there, the design director has admitted it. 

3 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

I respect your opinion Andy even if i don't agree with it. If its fantasy why on earth choose WWII, why not set it in a future war? The agenda is there, the design director has admitted it. 

Sorry, Custard, but if you are going to claim that the game's design director had 'admitted'  to promoting a "social justice, intersectionality and critical theory agenda", you are going to have to cite a source.  One that actually mentions 'critical theory' and 'intersectionality', rather than just saying that the guy wants his daughter to play his game. Because that isn't an 'admission' to anything much, and isn't evidence that EA has any sort of agenda at all. The guy clearly has a rather odd concept of 'history', judging by the quote, but I'd have thought that was obvious from watching the trailer.

As for why it is set in WWII? Because it is easy. Simple stereotypes, and lots of easily-recognised hardware to play around with.  Same reason I used to run around in school playgrounds as a kid making aeroplane noises and pretending to be a Spitfire...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

People want to play games as themselves. I am a white man, so I want to play as a white man, which is why I can't really stomach playing games as a female character. Its stupid but for some reason its off putting.

If you're a black man likewise, you want to play as a black character. If you're a woman you want to play as a woman. Game developers know this, so they capitalistically provide people with this option in order to appeal to as broad a market as possible.

I'd like someone to explain what this SJW agenda actually is? Getting black people, woman, and gays into our computer games in order to...

So that we become more effeminate, or start race mixing perhaps? Thus leading to a domino effect that will dilute and therefore eliminate the white race as a whole?

You cant just say it's an 'SJW' agenda, without explaining what that is exactly and exactly what you are afraid of?

IMO, the so called SJW agenda is rather like ISIS or Al-Qaeda. People should try to stop for a minute and work out who actually created it, and for what reasons. I think if you look past the smoke and mirrors you'll probably see that its much more about a new right agenda, than it is an SJW one. Gay, black people, or woman in your computer games are not going to hurt anyone in any way, and history will remain as it is, and wont be rewritten.

If you do like history though you should be aware of how what is happening here now also parallels with the Nazi or communist pogroms of old. The attempt at convincing the people that somehow their culture and therefore their whole way of life, history, or identity is under attack by an insidious and alien external contaminant is truly nothing new.

People are becoming less tolerant and more hateful the world over, from government on downwards, and are again drifting towards the far right after nearly 20 years of subtle and subliminal propaganda.

That should worry people a lot more than a computer game with a girl in it!

It would honour the men who fought and died in WW2 a lot more as well...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

Simple stereotypes

I don't remember blue faced Katana wielding Cyborg soldiers running around the playground acting out WWII? 

O7Vybx7.jpg

It's all a conspiracy after all.

Sorry, but YouTube clickbait drivel doesn't substitute for actual argument.

If you want to believe this tinfoil-hattery, Custard, fine. Meanwhile my 'critical theory' of mainstream game publishing will remain centred on the obvious observation that they are in it for profit. Unless of course you can point to verifiable evidence that the Frankfurt School of Marxists have given up trying to mobilise the proletariat, and have instead infiltrated EA's board of directors...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wolf8312 said:

People want to play games as themselves. I am a white man, so I want to play as a white man, which is why I can't really stomach playing games as a female character. Its stupid but for some reason its off putting.

If you're a black man likewise, you want to play as a black character. If you're a woman you want to play as a woman. Game developers know this, so they capitalistically provide people with this option in order to appeal to as broad a market as possible.

You couldnt possibly be more wrong. I dont know if you have every played any mmo rpg or moba style game, but number of teenage boys playing female characters is really no lesser than male. They are really enjoying that and I dont think they assume it off puting. 

I dont know anything about black or asian people looking for black or asian characters, since I was never in their shoes. Might be the case, but honestly I dont think its a primary factor in their character selection. As for females, I know a decent number of female gamers. They play both female and male characters. And like it was said in the video I posted above, female gamers are sometimes found odd by other females. So if thats EA strategy to maximize profits, by appealing to woman, well ... I dont think they are going to earn much with it.

Introduction of female characters is most likely not aiming to attract more female gamers but more teenage boys, who will easily start spending their parents money on customization features. 

Anyway, that discussion is really moving towards some weird area ... 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

As I said earlier, with me it'snot the fact that there is a female. It's the fact that there's a blue face female with a cyborg looking arm. If it was in the future that would have been great. But it's supposed to be 1944. A two armed woman in the resistance would have been a better idea. In an attempt to compensate for some sort of percieved failure of social justice , they overcompensated.

Edited by Poochnboo

Posted (edited)

It all makes sense when you look into Dice:

dice.png.432cd6134549971719ca3d314531c175.png

I also found this exclusive leaked image from BF VI development:

1527220531507.thumb.jpg.e527da75202110537f3e632ed726eb29.jpg

I can't wait to hear what @raaaid thinks about this game. 

Edited by NETSCAPE
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

If you want to believe this tinfoil-hattery, Custard, fine. Meanwhile my 'critical theory' of mainstream game publishing will remain centred on the obvious observation that they are in it for profit.

Of course they're in it for profit, they're a games company but the current narrative within the industry, academia and Hollywood is geared towards a very "progressive" slant. Just check out what happened to Starbucks just recently. Also look at Google and the James Damore fiasco. Not being progressive enough "in the current year" can have massive financial consequences for a company. If you look at the biggest movie franchise Star Wars, where the producer Kathleen Kennedy stated that the force is female, the last Jedi and now Soyloy a Star Wars story are not doing the business that Disney wanted. I even read a ridiculous article stating the latest Star Wars film's poor box office was due to the fact that it had a white male lead. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/05/29/as-solo-a-star-wars-story-flops-are-movies-about-white-men-box-office-poison/#230e1c2f5d49

I will by all means continue wearing my tin foil hat while you continue to bury your head in the sand. It is clearly something we will not agree on but that is the wonderful thing about open debate isn't it?

Guest deleted@30725
Posted (edited)

The Simpsons already did it... 👇

"Join the navy"

Edited by deleted@30725

@6./ZG26_Custard

Dude, don't waste your time, people like him won't believe even if you would shove in his face statement of EA ceo that proves everything you said. 

I don't even play bf, I ended this after battlefield 3. But some people can't understand that having some kind of realism when it comes to background and not gameplay is important to many people when it comes to game about certain event in history. No one would care if this was bf 3461, but it's ww2. Same was about cod ww2. 

You are right about star wars, they keep saying they do it because they want to make money, lots of star wars fan are done with this universe. Disney do whatever it wants with it, force awakens was worst movie I have ever seen, cringy and full of plot holes. People are sick if it, coconut can cry as much as he wants, but sales proves it, Episode 7, 250mln$, Episode 8, 220mln$, rouge one, 150 and solo 110... lets see how many $ will make their new movie when they make kenobi black and remove all evil white males. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

Of course they're in it for profit, they're a games company but the current narrative within the industry, academia and Hollywood is geared towards a very "progressive" slant. Just check out what happened to Starbucks just recently. Also look at Google and the James Damore fiasco. Not being progressive enough "in the current year" can have massive financial consequences for a company. If you look at the biggest movie franchise Star Wars, where the producer Kathleen Kennedy stated that the force is female, the last Jedi and now Soyloy a Star Wars story are not doing the business that Disney wanted. I even read a ridiculous article stating the latest Star Wars film's poor box office was due to the fact that it had a white male lead. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/05/29/as-solo-a-star-wars-story-flops-are-movies-about-white-men-box-office-poison/#230e1c2f5d49

I will by all means continue wearing my tin foil hat while you continue to bury your head in the sand. It is clearly something we will not agree on but that is the wonderful thing about open debate isn't it?

Frankly, given that you seem to be unable to distinguish between people having different ideas than you and some massive conspiracy, I can see little point in a 'debate'. Yes, there are people in the world with 'progressive' opinions. I'd count myself amongst them. Some of these people no doubt have a certain amount of influence.  As do 'conservatives' and other people of all shades of opinion. This is nothing new. It has always been like that. Sadly though, for some sectors of the political spectrum, nothing seems to be explicable except through dark deeds committed in shady rooms. If other people don't share their biases, it is because such people have been got at by dark forces, rather than as a result of their own experiences. A miserable mindset, and one that actually explains nothing.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

Frankly, given that you seem to be unable to distinguish between people having different ideas than you and some massive conspiracy, I can see little point in a 'debate'. Yes, there are people in the world with 'progressive' opinions. I'd count myself amongst them. Some of these people no doubt have a certain amount of influence.  As do 'conservatives' and other people of all shades of opinion. This is nothing new. It has always been like that. Sadly though, for some sectors of the political spectrum, nothing seems to be explicable except through dark deeds committed in shady rooms. If other people don't share their biases, it is because such people have been got at by dark forces, rather than as a result of their own experiences. A miserable mindset, and one that actually explains nothing.

I can indeed distinguish between people who have different ideas from me, it’s great and I am all about debating, particularly if it’s with someone I don’t agree with. I thank the heavens that I don’t fall into the “progressive” mind set of group-think, intersectionality, worrying about that gender-neutral toilet, what pronoun to use or the dark deeds of the patriarchy.

The “progressive” agenda is everywhere, you just have to open your eyes and take a look.

The dark deeds are not being committed in shady rooms, they are being committed in school’s colleges, universities and HR departments and with government legislation. The “hate” Speech laws in the UK have taken care what you can say. We now have a girl being fined and criminally charged for posting Rap lyrics in tribute to a dead friend on social media. Comedians are fined for jokes because the Judge decides the context of the joke and someone being arrested for walking around with a potato peeler without a good excuse. The EU Article 13 if passed later this month will soon take care of the internet. Now that is miserable.  

I am going to leave it at that Andy, I respect your viewpoint but disagree wholeheartedly with it, as I’m sure 100% you disagree with mine.

Getting back to Battlefield V, it’s just ridiculous.

20 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

Comedians are fined for jokes because the Judge decides the context of the joke

Er......?:scratch_one-s_head:

12 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

It’s insulting to those veterans who fought and died in that war.

I would imagine most veterans who fought and died in that war would think people were freakin' idiots for spending money to emulate it at home it instead of going out and dancing with girls and lying in the sun and eating good food.

Just a thought.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

Getting back to Battlefield V, it’s just ridiculous.

Yup. It's ridiculous. And I'm sure it is intended to be. I see no more reason to take it seriously as a commentary on the reality of WWII than I do this famous reenactment:

In the immortal words of  General  Bosquet "C’est magnifique, mais ce n’est pas la guerre".  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2