Sign in to follow this  
LLv34_Temuri

Is there a way to disable the "Mission Route"?

I don't know if this functionality has been there since the beginning, but I just noticed that when a server has GPS off and you click the "Mission Route" button on the map, the map will zoom into your location. Can this be turned off somehow?

• Upvote 3

I don't know how to disable it 'cause don't know mission building.  But I do know, if you could place dot in the dead center of your monitor - like the reticle  overlay that a few monitors provide -  it would coincide with the exact location (or plane's icon) upon pressing the "Mission Route" button on the map.  Eyeballing will work too.

Most would call it a cheat, but "exploit" sounds more like it.   The other day I tested it on the Coconut server (navigation aids off).  At night, with heavy rain and completely blanketed by clouds; navigation by ground references was extremely hard.  Since no one could navigate above the cloud layer, I had that airspace all to myself - traveling unopposed to any target.  Together with my compass & altimeter,  I had a virtual GPS system in place.

The last thing I want to do is promote cheating.  Everyone should be made aware of this exploit of the "mission route" function.  Then, perhaps, the servers and/or developers will fix it.  

Thanks LLv34_Temuri for bringing it up.

Edited by Gustaf