Mitthrawnuruodo

[MOD] Hakenkreuz (Swastika) on Awards and Flags

This mod adds correct Hakenkreuze to the default German awards in Career. It also adds the same symbol to the Kriegsflagge in the country menu. 

Install using a mod enabler of your choice, such as JSGME. Do not download this mod if you don't want to see the Hakenkreuz (swastika). I only hope that the awards and flags in Il-2 can be just as realistic as the aircraft. 

Download the mod here

Feel free to report any problems or suggestions.

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 18
  • Upvote 8

Its just little personal things like this, that help with that immersive feeling within the campaign... very well done!

thank you man, I dont have any problems with the HakenKreuz, I dont understand why is not region locked instead locked globally. My country don't have that stupid restrictions. 

Any chance you could add some screenshots?

I think it would be a good thing to do for all visual mods, to know if it's something you want to download or not.

Either way, thanks for the mod and contributing to the community.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Any chance you could add some screenshots?

I think it would be a good thing to do for all visual mods, to know if it's something you want to download or not.

Either way, thanks for the mod and contributing to the community.

Well if you want the thread to be deleted posting swastikas images is the best way.

Thanks for the mod!

Just now, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Well if you want the thread to be deleted posting swastikas images is the best way.

They are allowed, just have to use the spoiler function.

• Upvote 1

Ok I must be doing something wrong because it seems not to be working.

I installed JSGME, created a shortcut and a mod file, place the mod file in the il2 game folder, change the shortcuts target file to the game's, launched the mod manager, activated the mod and tried launching the game.

I see no difference whatsoever.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

6 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Ok I must be doing something wrong because it seems not to be working.

I installed JSGME, created a shortcut and a mod file, place the mod file in the il2 game folder, change the shortcuts target file to the game's, launched the mod manager, activated the mod and tried launching the game.

I see no difference whatsoever.

Sounds like a problem with the installation. 

Install JSGME in the main "Il-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow/Stalingrad" folder. Create your MODS folder there. 

Extract downloaded mods to the MODS folder and activate them with JSGME.exe. Make sure that the MODS ON option is enabled in the game. 

If the activation was correct, you should see some new files in data\swf\il2\achievements\ and data\swf\il2\countries\.

• Thanks 1

Thank you! I didn't know about the option to enable mods in the menu. :)

That doesn't work online but it's fine.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

15 hours ago, 71st_AH_VinnieJones said:

I'm new.  Where do I save the mod to?

Thanks

Oh, it’s just like that other WWII sim.

Great mod.

Nice work mate. I'm using all your mods at the moment.  Looking forward to what else you can up with.

SD

Edited by soupdragon

19 hours ago, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

Install JSGME in the main "Il-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow/Stalingrad" folder. Create your MODS folder there. 

Extract downloaded mods to the MODS folder and activate them with JSGME.exe. Make sure that the MODS ON option is enabled in the game. 

If the activation was correct, you should see some new files in data\swf\il2\achievements\ and data\swf\il2\countries\.

I have the folders shown above, but I don't see a swastika in any of those 30 files.  Mostly badges, etc.

13 minutes ago, 71st_AH_VinnieJones said:

I have the folders shown above, but I don't see a swastika in any of those 30 files.  Mostly badges, etc.

Those badges are modified versions that use the correct symbol. It might not be visible without close inspection.

If the mod is working, it should look like the screenshots posted above by bucket_109. 

13 minutes ago, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

Those badges are modified versions that use the correct symbol. It might not be visible without close inspection.

If the mod is working, it should look like the screenshots posted above by bucket_109. 

I have seen that, but it was in Careers.  I didn't see a swastika on German a/c, though.  Is Careers the only place it is supposed to work?

9 minutes ago, 71st_AH_VinnieJones said:

I have seen that, but it was in Careers.  I didn't see a swastika on German a/c, though.  Is Careers the only place it is supposed to work?

As stated in the description, this mod only affects awards and flags in the menu. These only appear in the career. For aircraft skins, use this and this.

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo

55 minutes ago, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

As stated in the description, this mod only affects awards and flags in the menu. These only appear in the career. For aircraft skins, use this and this.

As they always told us before a test, "RTFQ", Read the F---ing question.  I looked at the other recommendations, but decided to not pay $30 for Winzip.

Sorry I took up your time.

Cheers.

Gotta try this RIGHT NOW!!!!  :lol:

It works like a CHARM!!!

Now we need it for the Skins on planes ....

Edited by PA_Spartan-

6 hours ago, PA_Spartan- said:

Now we need it for the Skins on planes ....

It's already available for many of the skins.  I have posted a couple of mod packages (seasonally dependent) that replace all the German default and "white" official skins (which career mode uses as default skins for winter missions) with versions that have historically correct tail markings - see here:

And Mitthrawnuruodo has already posted some mod packages replacing all of the other German Official skins for the BoK plane set - see here:

I am in the process of creating replacement versions for the other German Official skins for the BoS and BoM plane sets - those will probably be ready within the next few days assuming all goes well IRL.

• Thanks 3

Downloaded and thanks. I want reality not revisionist history censorship.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

On 3/22/2018 at 11:37 PM, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

i did this exactly and i have the mods on option enabled but nothing changed with this mod or the one for aircraft. help?

Edited by Pandemic4444

I worked for me but now it doesn't work anymore... 😵

All files are ok in their places but no SW in german flag

The same here, after the patch 3.007 the flag with the swastika is not working. The medals are fine though.

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan

Well, I think I found a solution for German Flag.

Just rename image.big.dds to flag.big.dds inside data\swf\il2\countries\201\

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, PA_Yren said:

AWESOME!!!! :yahoo:

4 hours ago, PA_Yren said:

Works for me too. Brilliant. :biggrin: