Tomsk

Which Bodenplatte Plane are you looking forward to the most?

429 members have voted

1. 1. Which Bodenplatte plane are you looking forward to the most?

• Bf-109 G-14
    • Bf-109 K-4
    • Fw-190 A-8
    • Me-262
    • P-51D
    • P-47D
    • Spitfire Mk. IX
    • Tempest Mk. V
    • Fw-190 D-9
    • P-38L

Just for fun, thought it would be interesting to see which planes in the Bodenplatte line-up are getting the most love.

If people want to say in the comments why they chose what the chose, or what other planes they are most looking forward to, or anything else related really :)

• Upvote 1

All though I bought Bodeplatte as a gift and for my self none of these planes are in my taste. But after a few month I accepted the fact that there is a lot of people here and out there who want them.

For me if it was to be more interesting I would like the Tempest ugly sister the Typhoon with car door, and I always prefered the razorback P 47 .  However I am curious how a jet plane will perform in this game, this I am looking forward to try out. I think however it will not be the most popular plane after a while, I think only smart and clever pilots will actually be successfull in it, not me in other words . Not my cup of tea in other words. But hey you cannot win them all

• Upvote 1

Very hard to choose, but i chose K4 because i just love Messerschmitts. Also very excited about 262, D9 and P-51.

• Upvote 1

Although the Tempest Mark V is my clear favourite over all others in the list... the list is seriously impressive. It's my wish list for WWII warbirds.

Tempest_Mk.V_486_Sqn_RNZAF_at_Castle_Cam

As for the why... I got into the Tempest via discovering the Typhoon. The idea of a fast, medium to low altitude, heavy interceptor with just a little less elegance compared to the Spitfire but packing one heck of a punch is very appealing. The Tempest Mark V is arguably one of the best tactical fighters of the war and in its element is a top tier fighter. It's also a little less well known compared to the classics so it has that little bit of obscurity that I love.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Although the Tempest Mark V is my clear favourite over all others in the list... the list is seriously impressive. It's my wish list for WWII warbirds.

Tempest_Mk.V_486_Sqn_RNZAF_at_Castle_Cam

As for the why... I got into the Tempest via discovering the Typhoon. The idea of a fast, medium to low altitude, heavy interceptor with just a little less elegance compared to the Spitfire but packing one heck of a punch is very appealing. The Tempest Mark V is arguably one of the best tactical fighters of the war and in its element is a top tier fighter. It's also a little less well known compared to the classics so it has that little bit of obscurity that I love.

If you couldn't tell by my name, the Typhoon is one of my favourites. I'm very happy with the list of planes for BOBP however, and the Tempest and Me262 are definitely my most anticipated aircraft.
  • Upvote 2

I voted P-47 as I have a keen fondness for the jug, and it’s been a while since it was simulated well. Honestly, I’m excited about all the planes in the list, with the P-51, D9, Tempest and 262 also holding particular interest.

• Upvote 1

Like others, I find it near impossible to choose a favourite, but incredibly happy with the entire plane list. In the end, I decided to vote for Spitfire Mk.IX, since I love Spitfires and no one else had voted for it :biggrin:.

My top planes I look forward to the most are:

- Spitfire Mk IX, I understand it might be considered more boring than some other planes on the list, since we already have a Mk V. However, the Mk.V is currently my single most favourite plane to simply fly in this sim, it just feels so pleasant to control. So I'm excited to fly Spits on the western front, in RAF, and with a Spitfire that has more "kick" than the already-aging Mk V of Kuban.

- Tempest Mk V, I was resigned to the fact it might take years for me to get the chance to fly this plane in this sim, now it turns out I might do so inside a year, depending on which point it comes out to early access! Not only is it a beautiful plane, it was also quite the beast in combat. I can't wait to find out how it feels to fly this thing.

- Me 262, as fond as I've been of whining how jets took away the romance from flying (and I lie, its the heat-seeking missiles that did it) I'm really looking forward to flying this one! Never tried DCS, never grinded to the top in War Thunder, so I have almost no experience of flying jets, and I'm curious to see how they feel like to fly in BoX.

- P-51, because Tuskegee Airmen :salute: I'm also curious to see what all the fuss is about.

Here comes the part where I might annoy some people, so apologies in advance: What is it about P-47 that makes people wild? I know it was quite an excellent plane by all accounts, but it has never given me that 'spark' that many other planes do. Same goes for the P-38, which a lot of people seem to love, but I can't get past it's ugliness (this coming from someone who thinks the Brewster Buffalo is a beauty and not the flying beer-barrel it may or may not in fact be...) 

I'm more than happy to change my mind after flying them, and I'm happy to hear from others what it is that they love about those planes; persuade me :salute:

Edit: Of course, right as I was writing this, Tomsk & milopugdog posted their favourites... I'm sorry guys :D

I also propose we do a similar poll and conversation for Flying Circus!

Edited by Habsburger
  • Upvote 1

I voted for the Typhoon as its a real classic and a  very powerful beast, should be a real blast to fly! But to be honest, every plane on the list is a must have, a really nice and broad selection of aircraft, just cannot wait for them :)

I voted for the Tempest V, loved it in '46 and the memoirs of Tempest pilots are often some of the most exciting, action packed and sobering... guess I'll have to re-do the 486sqn skin pack I made back in the day!

Here comes the part where I might annoy some people, so apologies in advance: What is it about P-47 that makes people wild? I know it was quite an excellent plane by all accounts, but it has never given me that 'spark' that many other planes do. Same goes for the P-38, which a lot of people seem to love, but I can't get past it's ugliness (this coming from someone who thinks the Brewster Buffalo is a beauty and not the flying beer-barrel it may or may not in fact be...)

Although I'm not a big P-47 fan I feel it has that certain beauty that some aircraft have, one that comes from having a form that follows function which gives it a purposeful, bad-ass look. The Tempest and F4U are other examples.

Edited by HBPencil

So for me, I really like the P-47 because it's one of the most pure "boom-and-zoom" style fighters, and I love BnZ planes. In terms of the aesthetics, it's got that whole "go ugly or go home" thing going, as HBPencil says: form that follows function. But also I voted for it, because as I say, it's one of my favourite planes, and I haven't flown a decent version of it since IL2 1946 (unlike the P-51 and the FW-190 which are also firm favourites, but I've flown recently). The Tempest I have little experience with, but on paper I should really like it (it's really fast), so looking forward to that one also.

Edited by Tomsk

262 because jets...

:biggrin:

(Probably the least useful of the bunch due to the lack of large juicy bombers, but still the coolest one IMO)

Edited by DaGengster

For sure the P-38. Monster over the Pacific, monster over Europe. I had the pleasure of seeing one that flew up from Cali this summer when the Blue Angels stopped by Seattle.

[flash=]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_DqFAbtrps

Monster over the Pacific yeah but certainly not in Europe...

It was the easiest allied plane to shoot down for LW pilots. Not faster than 109/190, not more maneuvrable of course and big target hard to miss.

I love this plane but in my opinion, P-38 wouldn't have be very successfull if allies didn't have a huge quantity superiority in the air

• Upvote 2

Honestly i really hoped they will ad the G-10 instead of G-14. But maybe...

As I understand it... the G-10 is a G-14 with the Bf109K-4s DB605. So the G-14 is distinct as is the K-4 but the G-10 is halfway in between. For historical squadron use do we need it?

I voted for the 262 as it is the most unique but tbh I love them all. The only one I could not care less for is the 109. Been there, done that and I have the shirt (not really bit hey ho)

38 i know could be easy to kill, buuuttt, i just love it!

• Upvote 1

Tie between the P-47 and P-38. The most interesting planes here. They were both used a ground attackers and fighters which interests most of the community.

38 i know could be easy to kill, buuuttt, i just love it!

Yeah there's something so cool about the Lightening.

The one we're getting is going to have dive recovery flaps and hydraulic boosted ailerons. It should remain competitive to the majority of fighter.

Went for the Tempest, after some deliberation. Really, because tearing in over the boundary of a target-rich enemy airfield at 2,100hp with two 1000lb bombs as well as four Hispanos is too tempting a prospect to overlook.

Honourable mention goes to the Spitfire, not just for the sound of the Merlin but so I can paint it sky-blue and pretend it's a PR mk.XI.

Although if the B-25 was on the list I'd have voted for that, to encourage the devs to hurry up and make it flyable.

• Upvote 1

262 although I hate jets :)
But this one is an exception.

Then Lightning and Tempest...

Edited by ST_ami7b5

Me109 K4 and also G14.

I just love the lates 109 variants. Because of the look (G14 looks so agressive, the K4 a bit less agressive but more aerodynamic), and because of the challenge. It has no special and clear advantages: can fly fast but not the fastest, can turn well but not the best dogfighter... So the pilot has to compensate the lack of clear advantage of his machine (depending on which fighter he's fighting against). 

• Upvote 1

Me109 K4 and also G14.

I just love the lates 109 variants. Because of the look (G14 looks so agressive, the K4 a bit less agressive but more aerodynamic), and because of the challenge. It has no special and clear advantages: can fly fast but not the fastest, can turn well but not the best dogfighter... So the pilot has to compensate the lack of clear advantage of his machine (depending on which fighter he's fighting against).

Except climbing and acceleration where nothing can touch it at most altitudes :)

• Upvote 1

The Me-262. It’ll be our first jet, and while it will take skill to fly, I’m sure it will be an amazing bomber destroyer and jabo.

I voted P-51 lol. The design, the agility, the six brownings and not being immediate food for germans was a concern here.

For the pacific it would be the P-38.