Han

Developer Diary, Part 183 - Discussion

Great job guys! The FN is so badass looking! I still can't get over how amazing the Kuban map looks as well!

The rain drop effect appears to more subtle, is this a change or is it a lighter weather?

To me the rain effect looks the same.

Rain.jpg

Rain02.jpg

You are right, I remembered it wrong.

I have to admit I also thought there was a difference.

Untill I started to compare. ;)

Hi guys,

I haven't been playing this sim for a few years and i only have BOS version.

If i re install this sim from steam, will i get canopy rain effects for all my planes or should i wait for it to be implemented?

thanks

Hi guys,

I haven't been playing this sim for a few years and i only have BOS version.

If i re install this sim from steam, will i get canopy rain effects for all my planes or should i wait for it to be implemented?

thanks

The effect is not implemented yet, it will come in one of the next 2 updates likely. As Il-2 will auto update, why not install again now and just give it a try, a ton of stuff has changed in the last year.

One question about the La-5FN: In various sources I’ve seen different ammunition loads listed for the ShVAKs: 170 rounds per gun, 170 for one gun and 200 for the other or 200 for both guns. Will we get to choose different loads of have you settled on one?

Armament tech description tells about 170 rounds per ammo box.

• Upvote 2

Armament tech description tells about 170 rounds per ammo box.

Ok, maybe it was increased in later series as they further lightened the airframe.

Oh well, 170 it is then.

Han is saying on the Russian forum he plans to make some videos of the G6 and FN once the FMs are finished.

• Upvote 7

I hope they will make the MK108 realistic and make it  oneshot   fighters and not need  500hits like the (ingame) MG151 XD

I hope they will make the MK108 realistic and make it  oneshot   fighters and not need  500hits like the (ingame) MG151 XD

If it takes you 500 hits you might as well uninstall  :):P

Phenomenal work on the history. Love it. Skins too? Applause

Got a question for Lobano´s La-5

Every source available in the net (at least for me) shows the red heart painted over the small logo on the sides of the engine cowling.Why the difference on this specific skin,and is there a photo from this plane available?

kind regards

Not much going on in this thread.So,I want to repeat my question above.

post-102894-0-95947000-1513593510_thumb.jpg

Edited by Semor76

Not much going on in this thread.So,I want to repeat my question above.

WHO is the pilot then? Excuse my ignorance but my grasp of the Cyrillic is somewhat tenuous... 

Also which skin is the "pre-order special"?   :salute:

bump  :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

WHO is the pilot then? Excuse my ignorance but my grasp of the Cyrillic is somewhat tenuous... 

This is Alexander Vasilyevich Lobanov in front of his La5FN. There are not much photos about his La5 in the net. Here is another one. (the same as in the Dev. diary)

So,I think the skin should be corrected,regarding to the sources available. :salute:

post-102894-0-72207900-1513597187_thumb.jpg

Two weeks left in 2017... let us try to find the date of the next update, the 22/12/2017 or the 29/12/2017 the only 2 Fridays left in the year 2017. When shall it be?!  :salute:

Or maybe shall it be 2018 like said before in other posts?!

Edited by senseispcc

Two weeks left in 2017... let us try to find the date of the next update, the 22/12/2017 or the 29/12/2017 the only 2 Fridays left in the year 2017. When shall it be?! :salute:

Or maybe shall it be 2018 like said before in other posts?!

Definitely not before the end of the year.

I just learned today that I will be extremely busy with a translation job during the last 10 days of January, so there can be little doubt, that 3.001 will be released on Friday the 19th of January, to ensure that I won’t get to try everything out for the longest period possible.

2 more shots from Lobanov´s La-5. The profile based on white 70. but both,photo & profile shows clearly that the white logo is not painted over the red heart.

kind regards

post-102894-0-87104100-1513652610_thumb.jpg

post-102894-0-26451900-1513652619_thumb.jpg

Edited by Semor76

2 more shots from Lobanov´s La-5. The profile based on white 70. but both,photo & profile shows clearly that the white logo is not painted over the red heart.

The 'White Logo' is the La5 logo on the cowling. Some didn't even have it...

Funny but end of the year 2017 is not the 19 January 2018, But ok at least we now know when we can have the hope to see the next and final patch to Battle for Kuban. I personally am happy of this to know that it shall be next year, I can keep dreaming for a month. thank you all.  :salute:

For the skin discussions never forget that planes where easy to change Tools, especially so for "expert" planes how could change plane when new ones did arrive at the stations (airfield) they occupied. So one pilot could have multiple skins for one type or marks of plane. I know I am an old model plane builder how often find himself confronted with this sort of problem.  :salute: 

​Sorry correction in my opinion BOK 3.01 releas date shall be febuary 2018 not january.  :salute: 

Edited by senseispcc

The 'White Logo' is the La5 logo on the cowling. Some didn't even have it...

It is not logo of La-5. It is logo of M-82FN engine (rhombus/diamond outlined in white with white letters ФН inside)

• Upvote 3

It is not logo of La-5. It is logo of M-82FN engine (rhombus/diamond outlined in white with white letters ФН inside)

+1

Dont want to sound like a nitpicker,but the IL-2 series stands for quality and histroical accuracy as much as possible and my last posts shows 3 photos and one colour profile how Lobanov´s La-5 looks in real life. So,it would be nice if the Dev. team & Panzerbar may look again on this specific skin before release the patch & the Plane and correct it if needed.

just my 2 cents. :salute:

I think it's an issue with how the engine symbols are implemented. With the La-5 if you select the F engine the symbol will appear replacing that area of the skin. So this might be the same case with the FN

• Upvote 1

+1

Yeah. yeah... you know what I mean. Flipping heck. It's the engine logo that was on that particular plane, as was the logo on the one before it and the one after it and... so on. Sorry for being so 'vague'!!!

http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Markings/Logos/VVS_logos.html Kinda just backs up what you say so informedly so here it is for all those who are interested. I for one am one of those as I intend to produce some skins for said plane as soon as it is possible!! Yeeeha!!

Happy Christmas to all and sundry and a prosperous New Year as well. The year 2018, that comes after 2017 and... so on. XX

Edited by Raptorattacker

Ya, it will become a crying german boy in young age as symbol on FN. 

That is yet to be seen. As long is I`m concerned, we are getting the most powerful standard G6 ever to feature in IL2 series.

I am inpatient to fly the P39. the original plane of the original IL2 game demo. I played with that plane for many weeks before I could buy the game. And waiting for the finishing patch of "battle of Kuban" I feel the same butterflies in the stomach than so many years ago. I thanks the developers team for this even if I curse "kindly" them for the time added I must wait. But the important thing is to get a great game and this is a great game perfected by each step.   :salute: 

That is yet to be seen. As long is I`m concerned, we are getting the most powerful standard G6 ever to feature in IL2 series.

nope ? its the bad early version

Quit spreading misinformation. The G6 is confirmed to be shipped to Kuban with optional MK108 available.

Read again what I wrote - mentioned the standard G6. Nobody thinks of it as "savior". It will probably still be much better than any iteration in IL2 to date which suits just about any 109G6 veteran, including me. It has been my exclusive ride since ever.

Edited by Mac_Messer

I think most people are comparing it to the 1946 G6, which was really bad. In that sense it will definitely be the best G6 ever. Tbh I doubt the weight will be that significant of an impact on its performance, the MG131 alone should be a massive boost in firepower. Judging by how effective the other HMGs are the combo of 2x13mm+20mm should be one of the most effective fighter armaments. Equal to the 7b but with significantly more ammo.

Its certainly the most interesting 109 in a while if nothing else.

Edited by Windmills
  • Upvote 1

Interesting, historical seen the 30mm was introduced in late 1943, and most of them got the squadron in the "home front" and very few the eastern front(AT FIRST, later in 1944 more of them had the mk108). Well then it's just like the Mc202 20mm which was never used in eastern front.   :wacko:

agree.

But you are forgetting that it would be relevant in Bodenplatte 'scenario', or would you prefer to buy a Western front version also  :)

Cheers Dakpilot

Am sure historical servers will lock the Mk 108 30mm option, and offline/online you can just not use it , or have fun

Cheers, Dakpilot

• Upvote 1

A very cool feature for the Bf 109 G2 would be the engine mapping of the G4/6. This would be historically correct as it was used in 1943 making her a very powerful plane. According to several fighter pilots using the G2 with full power setting it performed very well because of the perfect balance of power, weight an aerodynamics.

Strongly appreciated by many LW pilots of that time period.

Edited by Sanders
  • Upvote 1