Sign in to follow this  
Ken5421

The Hurricane....continued

I would be for the Hurricane.
For it would give a new allied device (British and not Russian).
Afterwards, he could offer the possibility of a new theater in the future. :rolleyes: 

I say that, I say nothing ........ :)  :) 

• Like 1

Apparently the Hurricane did a good job in Moscow, so a extra for that map would be nice, it open up for a Finnish skin and you might have winterwar scenario too. And New Guinea would have use for Hurricane

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

That'd be pretty neat as a mod. I'd prefer the version with four ShVAK cannons as default, but having the option to go tank-buster would be quite awesome.

• Like 1

And New Guinea would have use for Hurricane

Interesting one from the field mod point of view as the RAAF seem to have bolted a twin wasp motor on them in New Guinea :)

Hurricanes also saw action in Singapore, Sumatra & Java and of course their baptism of fire in France.

The battle of France would be a fantastic future theater for BOX as for some reason it is always forgotten and never, to my knowledge, been portrayed in a flight sim, BOF...has a nice ring to it :)

• Upvote 2

Nope. Someone made a 1/72 scale model of a fictional Twin Wasp Hurricane. Definitely not historical.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dizzyfugu/6995978577

Hysterical not historical :)

So forget that and lets talk about the BOF where we all know for sure the Hurricane was

Edited by Pict

Russian Markings and tank guns

ispytano_v_sssr_hurricaneIID-02-01-680x3

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex
  • Upvote 1

I couldn't care less about about those 40mm guns. It's not like we have a shortage og planes fitted with cannon far too big for their own good.

The Fuglycane itself would be a lot of fun, and I do hope we'll see it eventually. I'd buy it the moment it was put up for preorder.

By all means, keep banging on about the Hurricane as much as you want.

Each time you do I'll join you.

After the mkII the only difference in variants was the armament, so using mods/unlocks we could easily see the mk IIB (12x.303s, bombload; as used by the Soviets), mk IIC (4x20mm Hispanos) and mk IID (2x40mm and 2x.303; the tank-buster) and then we've covered all the bases in one single aircraft release.

Let alone the Soviet and Finnish field mods.

Would fit the BoM timeframe as well as parts of the Pacific when we get there. All that then requires is the addition of a few community maps maybe, and a bit of imagination and we've got Singapore and Burma, or with some of the US and German types we could pull off a Mediterranean setting. Again for the Med, add a tailhook, boosted engine and FAA skin and we've got a Sea Hurricane.

Loads of variety and I'm sure a Hurricane would sell loads of units very quickly.

Edit: and I'd drop whatever I was doing at the time to buy it as soon as it was announced.

Edited by Royal_Flight
  • Upvote 1

And New Guinea would have use for Hurricane

Just to clarify...what RAAF squadron flew Hurricanes in New Guinea? I'm genuinely curious because I can't recall reading anything about the RAAF using Hurricanes there. Or are you expanding the theater to include RAF 17 Sqdn (Burma & Ceylon)?

Always willing to learn something new. 

Edited by busdriver

Hurricane is a great looking fighter, would love to see these rugged machines in sim. They look like true fighting machines.

• Upvote 3

The hurricane is an absolute abomination, every time I see a picture of it I regret it.
I dont mind them putting it into the game, as long as they dont use time and ressources on it that could be spent on anything else.

The hurricane is an absolute abomination, every time I see a picture of it I regret it.

I dont mind them putting it into the game, as long as they dont use time and ressources on it that could be spent on anything else.

manlyman.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

It's an ugly aircraft to be sure, but it has character and a very interesting history for our theatre, plus it's an early war aircraft, which we kinda need more of for BoM.

I think premium planes like this or regular one then combined could make nice expansion with some % discount if you already have them. After pacific they could make Nederlands-Indië expansion with some planes from pacific and hurracine, spitfire etc.

Tho hurracine was not the best and i read that russians disliked it. Not sure if it would be worth to add it, most would not want to fly it, like no one is using bf109 E7. At least in multiplayer, still would be nice to have it but i would rather see it as plane for expansion in india or somewhere around this and then put in BoS as nice bonus. But for now there is plenty more planes that would be better than outdated (another)fighter. Russian transport plane, recon planes for both sides, maybe a seaplane like it was talked about in diffrent topic. Another fighter, not even good one is kind of waste of time if we could get something completely new like recon plane for example.

• Upvote 1

post-627-0-61385800-1507456496_thumb.jpg

I like the Hurricane IIc models. Would be a blast to have them in game. It might require damage model adjustments, planes would probably fall apart with the four Hispanos just being pointed their way.

I think premium planes like this or regular one then combined could make nice expansion with some % discount if you already have them. After pacific they could make Nederlands-Indië expansion with some planes from pacific and hurracine, spitfire etc.

Tho hurracine was not the best and i read that russians disliked it. Not sure if it would be worth to add it, most would not want to fly it, like no one is using bf109 E7. At least in multiplayer, still would be nice to have it but i would rather see it as plane for expansion in india or somewhere around this and then put in BoS as nice bonus. But for now there is plenty more planes that would be better than outdated (another)fighter. Russian transport plane, recon planes for both sides, maybe a seaplane like it was talked about in diffrent topic. Another fighter, not even good one is kind of waste of time if we could get something completely new like recon plane for example.

I agree in theory...

I've always been keen to see more non-fighters, especially recon, but as you say also transports, spotters, other bombers and things to broaden the experience rather than just make it deeper along a narrow path of endless fighters.

But... I'd make an exception for the Hurricane and I'd happily see it included, despite being yet another single-seat, single-engined fighter and outclassed after 1941.

Also, I've wanted to see a 'Battle of Burma' release for a long time and if we get one I'd expect a Hurricane to be included. A few Netherlands aircraft for the Far East would also make for a change and a really interesting setting.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if it would be worth to add it, most would not want to fly it, like no one is using bf109 E7

So what do the Axis players fly in the first TaW map?   Do they refuse to fly because the I-16 is to much for them?  :-)    In the first two maps of TaW (and Finnish soon?)  Allies will only have the I16 and Mig-3 (which sucks at low level combat) so I am sure many would love to fly a hurricane given those choices.  It also makes a good ground attack aircraft for people who want something tough but not as slow as an IL-2.    They would have to balance it with something similar from Axis though.  Did the axis have anything else that was not another 109 and not uber in the early war?  

OTOH, someone did say an axis transport would be nice and I do think an Li-2 (Russian built DC3) would be a lovely counterpoint to the JU52.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

The Hurricane saw far more action on the Eastern Front than the Spitfire ever did for example...

And just because you don't like it does not mean time and effort should not be spent on it to get it into the game... this topic has been done to death anyway, and opinion has always pointed to the fact that it should be included.

• Upvote 1

So what do the Axis players fly in the first TaW map? Do they refuse to fly because the I-16 is to much for them? :-) In the first two maps of TaW (and Finnish soon?) Allies will only have the I16 and Mig-3 (which sucks at low level combat) so I am sure many would love to fly a hurricane given those choices. It also makes a good ground attack aircraft for people who want something tough but not as slow as an IL-2. They would have to balance it with something similar from Axis though. Did the axis have anything else that was not another 109 and not uber in the early war?

OTOH, someone did say an axis transport would be nice and I do think an Li-2 (Russian built DC3) would be a lovely counterpoint to the JU52.

Not sure why the forum is attributing this quote to me, my views on the Hurricane are the complete opposite.

As far as I'm aware, Jason mentioned at one point that there is a third-party Li-2 in the works and hopefully once it's here multiplayer mission designers will think of ways to include transports on both sides into servers. And that will be great.

Could an IAR 80 be an appropriate Axis counterpart? Or something a bit more leftfield like a Fiat G.50 or Fokker D.XXI, especially as both of those saw use by the Finns (did they ever fly against lend-lease Hurricanes?).

Plus, with a G.50 and Hurricane we have even more types that could fit a hypothetical expansion to the Mediterranean or Italian theatres... just thinking out loud here.

In fairness this is almost exactly what I think about the 109G-6 and La-5FN. More of the same, yet another variation on something we already have and that adds much less in terms of gameplay than any new types would. Not to mention the Soviet and German designs are well-enough represented already, but aircraft from other countries are thin enough on the ground.

I'd rather time and resources weren't put into them as in my view there are more pressing matters, either new or existing aircraft or fixing some of the extant issues in the game as it is.

But, I'm aware that the above is just my opinion and I've been really good about not mentioning until now, because if people want to get excited about the things they're getting then that's cool.

As a community we all benefit from anything they gets added, generally; even if it's not the thing we would have wanted or doesn't go quite the way we think it should.

I'm holding out for a Hurricane... and hopefully more like it to come. The Spitfire is a good start but it needs company.

• Upvote 3

I'll buy anything they put out if it saw service... I'll admit I'll always lean towards RAF aircraft, but I will also fly for all sides in the game, and I have my little favourites that I enjoy flying for each nation.

If I live long enough the dev's may even produce a 'Leaning forward into France' expansion at some stage  :)

Could an IAR 80 be an appropriate Axis counterpart? Or something a bit more leftfield like a Fiat G.50 or Fokker D.XXI, especially as both of those saw use by the Finns (did they ever fly against lend-lease Hurricanes?).

Don't forget the Devs are running a business.  No doubt they will be carefully looking at sales of, for example, the MC.202, as they decide whether to invest in aircraft the Romanian or Finnish fronts.

That said, I'd buy anything that was used by the Ilmavoimat. :-)

I'm down with just about anything. Hurricane II would "easily" come with some options giving us the standard IIb 12 gun Browning .303 arrangement as well as the IIc with the four 20mm Hispanos and the Russian field modification with two ShVAK 20mm and two UB 12.7mm. Not sure how frequently the Russians used the Vickers 40mm. For that we'd ideally need a North Africa scenario.

It'd be fun. So would other types... IAR80/81, I-153, etc. The devs are very likely to do good sales with the Bf109G-6 and La-5FN. Popular types to be sure. Is the Hurricane as popular? Maybe?

Have it as a collector plane.  They've got the rubbish P-40 so why not?

Don't forget there was a public poll, Hurricane or P-40. P-40 won, that's why we've got it. For the Hurricane it might be a reason for the why not.

Don't forget there was a public poll, Hurricane or P-40. P-40 won, that's why we've got it. For the Hurricane it might be a reason for the why not.

I didn't know that.  

If they will get hurricane what will germans get?  :huh:

I would go for ju87 B2, also old so would be nice match. Would be good time to add auto pull up.

Edited by InProgress

If they will get hurricane what will germans get?  :huh:

I would go for ju87 B2, also old so would be nice match. Would be good time to add auto pull up.

Germans have the E7 which is a nice match. 

Shot down. :cool:

:lol:  :lol:

They always make 2 planes for both sides, we already have E7, question was what could germans get.

Shot down. :cool:

Doubt.. If C version could deal with them nicely, E willll be even better