Han

Developer Diary, Part 171 - Discussion

great looking skins, the plane is tough and rugged and ugly looking...........a bit like a Hurricane.

thanks for the update.

cheers

• Upvote 1

great looking skins, the plane is tough and rugged and ugly looking...........a bit like a Hurricane.

A bit like my ex wife...

Is it just me or is there none of the wet looking reflections on the Yak?

Can we get a weekly DEV update to tell us there will be no update this week. Most of us have OCD when it comes to these.............

I think by "updates" Jason meant there will be no patches, but i think they will still do DDs as usual.

s. There is one new thing I am excited about that I hope goes to plan that once I have it will make some videos. 

Jason

Ooh Speculation time.  I can't think of anything exciting with the Yak or P-39 so my guess is parachute bombs for the A20 or we have the option of having the Ground Attack version with fixed forward firing guns :-)   Of course it could be nothing to do with the missing aircraft so maybe its a gameplay extra. Do we get to man the airfield AA? ;-)

The Yak-7B looks fantastic. I became a fan of this slightly ugly duckling while researching the Stalingrad battle years ago. I flew it online in dogfights when nobody else would even touch it. It was underrated and tons of fun and I can't wait to get my hands on this one. I was hoping it to come in October but I totally understand the need to really work on the big final update. It'll be one heck of an update! We've got tons of fun stuff to play with from now until then anyways!

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to flying the Yak-7b series 36 as well, very nice  :good: 

There is one new thing I am excited about that I hope goes to plan that once I have it will make some videos.

Sounds interesting, wonder what this could be? Wishing all goes to plan  :) 

Seems to be something odd with the Yak. I'm on my mobile telephone so I can't edit the picture to highlight what I'm talking about. If you look at the bulges in the nose for the two machineguns, the starboard side bulge and panel line don't really line up like the other side.

Seems to be something odd with the Yak. I'm on my mobile telephone so I can't edit the picture to highlight what I'm talking about. If you look at the bulges in the nose for the two machineguns, the starboard side bulge and panel line don't really line up like the other side.

Oh... I think I see it too. The teardropped shape aerodynamic bulge for the machine gun mechanisms on the starboard side (left in this image) does seem to be somehow out of place. Or at least it looks that way.

Surely a work in progress issue to be resolved later.

post-19-0-86588500-1505483446.jpg

I don't know if it's an item of interest, but reflective windscreen's? Sun glare of an enemies canopy.... or is it already modeled, I haven't noticed?

Plenty of changes from the latest update to keep us busy until December. That update was awesome.

The one thing I would really hate to love with until then is the multiplayer flak sound bug. It's a serious immersion killer, but at least it doesn't affect gameplay.

Good luck making your deadlines Jason and team! I hope things go smoothly.

They are like that because the guns need to be staggered for their boxes of ammo to align with the gun. You move one gun further back or forward so its box can fit in the aircraft.

I thought about that too, but I went and looked at some drawings, and it appears that the bulges were perfectly aligned on the Yak-7B

I thought about that too, but I went and looked at some drawings, and it appears that the bulges were perfectly aligned on the Yak-7B

Yea I deleted that as soon as i discovered that too. Looks like I was too late for others to witness my foolishness  :wacko:

Yea I deleted that as soon as i discovered that too. Looks like I was too late for others to witness my foolishness :wacko:

I'd hardly call it foolishness, as I had thought the exact same thing.

No,I think you have been caught out Finkeren, it has been unanimously agreed by all of me that it was foolishness.

Thanks for the honest update news Jason. I can always live with honesty even if Finkeren can't.

The one thing I would really hate to love with until then is the multiplayer flak sound bug. It's a serious immersion killer, but at least it doesn't affect gameplay.

Is this the battle soundtrack you hear when in the main screen (Big guns, machine guns, planes zooming overhead)?  I sometimes hear this when spawned at my airfield or when I have crash landed but I have never noticed it while flying in MP, which is all I do.      If it is just while on the ground then I can live with hearing howitzers and machine guns even when nowhere near the front lines but I could really do without the aircraft noises as I keep looking round to see if I am about to be straffed.

Edit: Oh I see you only mentioned a 'Flak' bug.  Not sure if I have seen that one apart from the fact that whenever I hit the button to spawn in I instantly hear what sounds like a flak burst hitting my fuselage but that is all.

I hope the pause in major updates does not mean the ai will keep lawn darting during that time. But maybe it's already been fixed in one of the hot fixes? Upon release of 2.012 patrolling p40s and 109s diving from 2000m would miss their target and crash hard into the ground.

I hope the pause in major updates does not mean the ai will keep lawn darting during that time. But maybe it's already been fixed in one of the hot fixes? Upon release of 2.012 patrolling p40s and 109s diving from 2000m would miss their target and crash hard into the ground.

I think there's a reason he said "major updates" (i.e. updates containing significant new content) and not updatesin general.

Indeed that seems to be a bit of an issue right now. I thought maybe it was the pathing for the hills on Kuban and then I played on Moscow which is fairly flat and they were still doing it.

Lol.  Later they even tried putting on a liquid fuel jet as well as the two ramjets!  I would not trust the aircraft to stay in one piece :-)

CHEEKY REQUEST.

OK I get that we won't get the new aircraft until December but is there any reason we can't have the templates for the existing Kuban aircraft?    I already have a 4K template for the Spitfire but is there one for the Il-2 43 mod?  The 42 template is not quite right for the 43.  Layers for the 'Worms' skin would be nice too as it does a good job of camo and I can then customise it for my squad.

Guest deleted@30725

Time for a little straight talk. We are likely not to have another major update until December guys. It's crunch time for us. Big big push to finish the remaining items and content. Some items are behind schedule and we need to put the nose to the grindstone now that vacations are out of the way. There will be much testing from mid-October through December. The Beta testers will be busy and their work never more important. We will of course try to show the progress of certain features and new enhancements in DDs. There is one new thing I am excited about that I hope goes to plan that once I have it will make some videos. The Yak-7, A-20 and P-39 all entered the FM shop (that wasn't the plan) at the same time so they are to release about the same time. 

Keep watching and flying and spreading the word while we work to finish Kuban.

Jason

No worries. Keep it in the oven till it's done. We can wait. We'd be more upset if the next update came out half baked. Your team is doing a fantastic job and what we currently have is very good. If anyone does get bored holding out for the rest of kuban there is always bos and bom to purchase with a lot of good planes to use in those sets with two great maps in three different seasons for us to use. :salute:

Lose the starboard gun, ditch the humpback, add a bubble canopy, straighten out the leading edge of the wingtips and you have yourself a Yak-9. Hopefully the 3rd party contractor works out so they can handle things like that. More variants to fill out the eastern front while the devs work on BoMidway would be awesome.

Thanks for the straight talk Jason. It is very much appreciated that you continue to share the state of things and set realistic expectations. Try to not let the countless little sub-requests that always follow such news from ever changing your level of openness and honesty. Time moves fast, Dec will be upon us faster than we all know it. 

Wishing you and the team luck and may the Gods smile upon you all while you perform your code magic rituals.

(I will continue to say my prayers for RoF-VR one day...I know it ain't happening, but, I still say my prayers!)

Edited by Torso

Try to not let the countless little sub-requests that always follow such news from ever changing your level of openness and honesty.

Yes.  We are just trying to put a little seed in your brain and hoping that it takes root  and one day it might grow but only if you agree it is useful and doable.  Nobody is complaining or demanding anything.    I used to work in software development and sometimes a user would mention to me in passing 'Your program is great. It would be cool if it also did ABC but that is probably too complicated.'   and I would say 'That's a great idea and I can actually do it fairly easily'  Of course there are the other times when they would say 'Can you modify it to also do XYZ? It looks like it should be fairly simple.' and I would say 'Actually that is pretty hard to achieve but if you really need it and don't mind me dropping everything else for two months I will see what I can manage.' :-)

What an odd looking thing...

I love it!

Initially, I was never interested in the Russian planes, other than the lend lease ones, but I've come to adore the Yaks and have really enjoyed how well they handle. This has opened the door to all of the Russian aircraft to me and I'll be happy to see what's added in the future.

That said, I've hardly touched the Axis planes either. So much content and more to come!

Im still spreading the word.

There is one new thing I am excited about that I hope goes to plan that once I have it will make some videos. 

Jason

I love these little teasers as much I love Jason's excitement about new implementations. You can tell there is a real drive and sense of pride in their product. This being said, if there is one new development that I would love to see "sneak into" an update, and I know it could be wishful thinking and dreaming, but............

I hope its DROP TANKS! :) :) :)

I'm hoping for drop tanks too. Kuban is too huge, poor 109 needs more range  :biggrin:

I'm hoping for drop tanks too. Kuban is too huge, poor 109 needs more range  :biggrin:

It is not so bad if you are on a one way trip. ;)