Han

Developer Diary, Part 171 - Discussion

Hello everybody,
As promised earlier, this week we'll show you another Allied fighter that participated in the Battle of Kuban - Yak-7b series 36.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 9

Great stuff as always.

Some nice skins to cover 1941-43 though I'm surprised not to see a single post-august-1943 camo-sceme. Were Yak-7bs never converted to the new standard patterns?

The cockpit seems quite well-realized. It appears to be a step up in quality from the Yak-1b.

About to be released next week?  Not until October? November?  Or are you waiting until December when the P39 & A20 are finished too?

What modifications can we expect for the Yak-7b? Was it able to carry bombs/rockets?

I am guessing we can carry two 50 or 100 bombs as described.

20mm ShVAK engine cannon and two synchronized 12.7mm UBS machine guns installed on the engine cowling could be complemented by two 50kg or 100kg bombs to engage ground targets.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

I am guessing we can carry two 50 or 100 bombs as described.

In Il-2 1946 it was only able to carry rockets, but no bombs, that's why I am a little confused. Maybe the IL-2 1946 Yak-7b was an earlier model?

Edited by Juri_JS

The Yak-1 is one of my favourite planes in the whole game - an upgunned version of it sounds beautiful :biggrin:

The twin UBS "50 cals" are going to be deadly.

Time for a little straight talk. We are likely not to have another major update until December guys. It's crunch time for us. Big big push to finish the remaining items and content. Some items are behind schedule and we need to put the nose to the grindstone now that vacations are out of the way. There will be much testing from mid-October through December. The Beta testers will be busy and their work never more important. We will of course try to show the progress of certain features and new enhancements in DDs. There is one new thing I am excited about that I hope goes to plan that once I have it will make some videos. The Yak-7, A-20 and P-39 all entered the FM shop (that wasn't the plan) at the same time so they are to release about the same time. 

Keep watching and flying and spreading the word while we work to finish Kuban.

Jason

• Upvote 36

We are likely not to have another major update until December guys. It's crunch time for us.

As much of a bummer as that is to read, I surely hope that this means that the updates will be even cleaner and more polished than ever before.  :salute:

There is one new thing I am excited about that I hope goes to plan that once I have it will make some videos.

Ohhhhh boy! That sounds exciting. 

Edited by =VOE=PangolinWranglin

All sounding really good, and I am looking forward to trying out that Yak-7!

Best of luck during the crunch time!

Not flown any of my yaks , probably not going to use this one either , but development is good for the sake of all. Many thanks

Jason, any chance of a small hotfix to prevent the GUI ambient sounds from playing while flying before December? I understand if not, just wondering.

Thanks!

Great update, Han! I don't know who's in charge of those skins but they're nothing short of excellent, by the way.

Thank you for being so open when communicating with the community, Jason! Best of luck to the team in this important period, you and the dev team have achieved results beyond the imaginable so far and deserve all the success in the world :)

Time for a little straight talk. We are likely not to have another major update until December guys. It's crunch time for us. Big big push to finish the remaining items and content. Some items are behind schedule and we need to put the nose to the grindstone now that vacations are out of the way. There will be much testing from mid-October through December. The Beta testers will be busy and their work never more important. We will of course try to show the progress of certain features and new enhancements in DDs. There is one new thing I am excited about that I hope goes to plan that once I have it will make some videos. The Yak-7, A-20 and P-39 all entered the FM shop (that wasn't the plan) at the same time so they are to release about the same time.

Jason

It's actually not that long. We are already in mid september, so 3.5 months will go by quickly.

Thanks for being clear and setting expectations from the beginning.

Jason

Are coop and career under major updates or they will be as planned in october?

Btw 2-3 months between updates is still WOW!

Most important thing is that kuban map and new FM is here.

Jason, any chance of a small hotfix to prevent the GUI ambient sounds from playing while flying before December? I understand if not, just wondering.

Thanks!

I have not experienced this. Didn't know this was an issue.

Jason

Are coop and career under major updates or they will be as planned in october?

Btw 2-3 months between updates is still WOW!

Most important thing is that kuban map and new FM is here.

COOP and Career will be in December. Some things are behind schedule.

Jason

Jason

Jason

There is also a MP sound bug where it sounds like you are being hit with bullets when nothing is actually happening. Almost everyone on the server hears it at the same time.

Several people have commented that they are planning to send you a bill for new underwear.

Edited by BraveSirRobin
  • Upvote 4

Jason

COOP and Career will be in December. Some things are behind schedule.

Jason

Thanks!

This is good communication with community.

Jason

Hi Jason, 

Here's the thread: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/31105-mg-hit-sound-playing-random/

If I can add to it, it seems that the flak 'hit' sounds are universal in the server. So if Mr. Ivan all the way across the map gets hit by flak, Fritz hears it as if it's hitting his plane even though he's 100km away. Its only a problem in MP, or I should say I haven't tested yet if it's the same in SP. 

• Upvote 2

Any chance we will get mods on mode before the end of the year? This should keep many ETO fans happy after the move to the PTO.

Edited by Jocko

Everytime 1CGS  dev team members ask us to wait, we know we wait to get exceptional quality.

We got so much lately, i want to say:  take your time, guys we need you in good health, i'd like to know you too have time to play your fantastic simulator! :)

Thank you so much for all this! I hope you know you rule guys :good:

• Upvote 2

Looking forward to the 7b.  Good work.

I experience the ambient bullets and flak sounds once I spawn in on mp.  Have a track of the flak sound which can be heard both in and outside of the cockpit.  I was well within friendly territory.

This is all great news. December is not so far away and I must not be the only one that is certain that the new career mode is a hard thing to make perfect.

The new flight-modelisation is impressive and has made many things more precise and easy.  

I know that waiting is hard for some but I know that the team that build this simulation is never idle and thanks them for their big efforts. :salute: 

Great looking skins, well done!

Yak-7b itself has always looked a bit weird to me because of the hunchback, but no doubt the increased firepower will be lethal  :)

Nice guns, shame about the face.

Bad Habits.

Looks lovely. That new campaign system is what I'm mainly looking forward to. Very ambitious schedule you guys adhere to. Wishing you all the best and much obliged for the update. S!

Edited by Beazil

Good job guys! thanks for the history lesson.

I wish you the best for finishing BOK on time.

Edited by 1./TG1_Nil

Yak looks beautiful hunched and all. The skins are great! As always you guys are doing wonderful things. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see what surprises you guys have in store!

Yak 7b & all the skins look fantastic guys - thanks for the early peek, Han.  And thanks Jason for the frank & clear progress update.  Good luck through the fall 'crunch' to all of you!