Han

Developer Diary, Part 164 - Discussion

Hello everybody,
we have a couple of news for you based on this week results. The work on the flight model improvements continues and is now at its final stage - teaching AI how to control the aircraft with the new FM and implementing mouse controls for it (as you may have already know, both the AI and the mouse controls in our project use the real thing, full FM, not a simplified one).
Kuban map development is nearly finished and we plan to show you new screenshots of it next week. The new shadows tech we told you in the previous Dev Blog is ready for testing and debugging. Overall, the update 2.012 we expect to publish in the end of August is going to be one of the biggest and most important updates for our product.
And today we'd like to show you several screenshots of the Battle of Kuban ships: they are nearly finished and will be also uncluded in 2.012 update along with the Kuban map:

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 6

Nice udpdate thanks!

Those Kuban ships look fantastic!!

Great news about the map and ships coming in 2.012!

Edited by dburne

Man those waves look niiiiiiiiiiiiceeeeeeee :biggrin:

So the huge FM improvement, new shadows, Kuban map with all the new water effects and unique textures and a bunch of new ships all coming in 2.012. That's going to be one epic update!

Consider me officially hyped for the next 6-7 weeks.

Edited by Finkeren
  • Upvote 2

Slight delay!!!! So you are mortals after all ;P

Edited by redribbon

Oh man, I can't wait.

Beautiful pics, and great news regarding the next patch. I'm very excited.

I was wondering what type of ships are in the first few ships they look like sub's

I do wander if playable Boats will be a thing ever.  I think they would be more requested than tanks, if the right ships are introduced.  I really cant wait to dive on these new ships though!

• Upvote 1

I do wander if playable Boats will be a thing ever. I think they would be more requested than tanks, if the right ships are introduced. I really cant wait to dive on these new ships though!

I'm not saying playable boats wouldn't be great, but I do wonder if it might be hard to mate with air combat gameplay. The pace of the action is just so different, even more so than tank action.

End of next month, great news thanks for the update and all your efforts to make this game great again! Sorry this is less funny than it sounds but still thanks for this great game.  :salute: 

Maybe I misunderstood something. What does "mouse control" mean? Are you about to implement clickable cockpits?

Edited by PicksKing

Maybe I misunderstood something. What does "mouse control" mean? Are you about to implement clickable cockpits?

Clickable cockpit no. You can control your aircraft with joystick or mouse

Maybe I misunderstood something. What does "mouse control" mean? Are you about to implement clickable cockpits?

No, it's the mouse flight control system that was introduced with BoM.

Ships and water looking great! Check out that scenery in the background on some of those pics!

Thanks for the update,

the ships look great! Really impressed with the sea though and the wake left by the boat looks fantastic.

Bring it on!

Cheers

fantastic news! Looking forward to blowing up some ships in the black see!

The landscape looks amazing! Finally something beyond the flat forests and fields of the steppe. Amazing work team!

the ships look great! Really impressed with the sea though and the wake left by the boat looks fantastic.

I keep thinking about , man how good that water is going to look in the Pacific whilst landing on a carrier.

;) 

Assuming we get there of course. 

Kuban is going to be great in the meantime!

Certainly is looking good so far, really am looking forward to seeing the map up close though it is what I am waiting for more than anything else. :salute:

Great to see more ship types coming to the game, I wonder though if there are any plans for more AI vehicles, trucks, tanks, guns, tractors, buses, and cars

Just to fill out all that wonderful scenery.   :cool:  

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :biggrin:

I haven't flown for ages but apart from everything else, the smoke looks great - very natural. Nice one. 2.012, yeah!

Took another look at the pics and the wash / foam behind the boats and waves look great

Since you allready teaching the AI new stuff - please also teach them to "return to base" when they got badly hit!
It would improve SP so much!!

• Upvote 1

Great News - the ships and the new scenery look just awesome.

But what's going on with the cloud in the background in the first image:

rahvl32x.jpg

Is this a new type of cloud? Or is this a preview of the multiple cloud levels? Or am I starting to see things?  :wacko:

Anyway - the next few weeks will feel way too long ...

Thanks

:salute:

Flo

Edited by papaflo
  • Upvote 2

Great News - the ships and the new scenery look just awesome.

But what's going on with the cloud in the background in the first image:

rahvl32x.jpg

Is this a new type of cloud? Or is this a preview of the multiple cloud levels? Or am I starting to see things? :wacko:

Anyway - the next few weeks will feel way too long ...

Thanks

:salute:

Flo

Good spot. Kinda looks like a rain cloud to me.

Someone please shootthis down, I'm starting to dream of having local showers and all that kind of stuff.

• Upvote 1

Hallo i spend my money when comming new flight model to German planes. Now its totaly ... .BF 109 its like old 80 years grampa Rusian ruls with laser guns 1 shot 1 kill , especialy in multiplayer mode 

Hallo i spend my money when comming new flight model to German planes. Now its totaly ... .BF 109 its like old 80 years grampa Rusian ruls with laser guns 1 shot 1 kill , especialy in multiplayer mode

You gotta pay the troll toll

• Upvote 1