Gavrick

Developer Diary, Part 162 - Discussion

Don't be sad please, here is one more video for you  ;)

:biggrin:

Looks fantastic, sounds fantastic.  Thanks for the video!

• Upvote 2

Since we have a little longer to wait... I had the pleasure of taking the following photos over the years... also just about to maiden my 1/5.5 scale Spit once the engine is finished breaking in... and then Dunkirk is coming out in July... It's looking like a Spitfire summer :)

The cowl bulges for the cylinders are to the sides, thus, from a 90-degree side view, they aren't much in profile. Apologies for mixing the different Marks a bit, but I believe there's at least one Mk V in there (the last 3 pics are Mk IX, so don't get too worked up on the cockpit :)).

Spitfires%20-%209_zpsho6t3kdt.jpg

Spitfires%20-%206_zpsvai7sa6z.jpg

Spitfires%20-%203%201_zpsqdy8q6ig.jpg

Spitfires%20-%201%201_zpsdvodet7y.jpg

Spitfires%20-%203_zpsw9zbhc2t.jpg

Spitfires%20-%201_zpshb8dtjxg.jpg

Spitfires%20-%204_zps2r86qi8e.jpg

The Spitfire MK V b or c are a great addition to this game thanks and waiting until the release of the 1.02 patch is not a great sacrifice I think when we imagine the total of work put into the production of this beautiful plane.

But, yes there is a "but", I am still not convinced by the form of the upper engine cover just behind the spinner, please look at this pictures and look at the pictures in the game I find that there is something wrong there! Is It me?!

In any case thanks for this great addition to the BOX planes.  :salute: 

Edited by kurtj

Spitfire looks superb also flying characteristic from outside view :good:

Also incoming FM changes sounds very promising expecially new rudder characteristic and increased stick load at higher speeds.  Most planes got reduced roll rate at high speeds which looks good -   only thing which worry me is Lagg3 and LA5 any  info about roll rate changes?

Edited by 303_Kwiatek
  • Upvote 1

Im glad 1C team agreed to delay release of Spit to 6th july which is my birthday  :salute:  Sorry guys.

I'm on vacation that week and will be away from my computer :(

Also incoming FM changes sounds very promising expecially new rudder characteristic and increased stick load at higher speeds.  Most planes got reduced roll rate at high speeds which looks good

This should make the FW190 even better

On the Russian forum they are arguing for pages about something translates to "drawdown" about the Spit video. Anybody know what they are talking about?

The 'Drawdown' discussion starts already at post #131.

And it gets explained by AnPetrovich in post #164:

"Drawdown, guys, it's such a widely known in intellectual circles "scientific" term, meaning the continuation of the plane's movement along the trajectory downwards, when its nose is already looking at the horizon, or even up.

It is often used in proving the controversial fact that an airplane has a mass.

And in rural terms this is called the "angle of attack". smile.gif

That is, according to worker-peasant: if you will take the plane out of the descending maneuver at small angles of attack (for example, at a high speed sufficient to create the required overload at these angles of attack) - then the observer from the side may have doubts that the mass Has a place to be.

And you will take the plane out on large UA (that is, "tear" the handle, and with the loss of speed due to the increased resistance to "fall" down) - this "drawdown" will immediately appear."

Well yes I read the google translated version also but google does not translate technical terminology very well.

Well yes I read the google translated version also but google does not translate technical terminology very well.

Thanks for the link.  I agree about Google translate but it's still evident they argue over pretty much the same nonsense we do. :blink:  

• Upvote 1

... it's still evident they argue over pretty much the same nonsense we do. :blink:  

True.

There is only one big difference; one after the other DD gets locked over there for some reason.

DD150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 157, 160, 161, 162 . All locked after a while. :blink:

So there must be a difference in the way they express their nonsense I suppose. :unsure::scratch_one-s_head:

Agree that sound does not seem to be from a Merlin. The DB seems to have been mastered. Merlins in A2A bird and even in old Jane's WW2F were "better" (though maybe not as complex throughout operating range). DCS spit sounds pretty good too (includes pop on throttle cut). Still, a beautiful model and addition to stable. And, no, I don't fly much. I'm the guy in the crowd with a cheap camera and stupid grin.

Love that this is almost here and I think the attention to detail is excellent.

But ....

that doesn't sound at all like a Merlin 46.

That said I don't plan to spend much time on the ground watching them fly past so ...