Jason_Williams

Developer Diary, Part 159 - Discussion

I will absolutely pre-purchase everything you produce.I bought in on the first day I could for BoS,bare bones as it was at first & have remained a loyal fan-boy ever since watching it grow as Studio 777 came through with their promises. It seems to get better monthly with each new update in equipment & game play.

post-393-0-77764900-1495826108_thumb.jpg

Pacific theater will be huge and I predict very very popular.

So many in US, including me, will have a keen interest for personal reasons in (for example my grandfather and uncle fought in that theater, my friend's uncle was Butch O'Hare!)

So good luck and godspeed in this effort!

Pacific Theater will be very good for this game, and bringing in new players. Don't get discouraged team!

I also like the idea of the magazine. And more tanks for a target, hopefully. Sounds good to me!

May I suggest that you need quick funding before the Pacific, maybe some new Russian maps and some early planes from Barbarossa could do the trick? Would that be faster to design? I would be more than willing to spend my money on those items. Just an idea ....  :)

• Upvote 2

The Hs 129 looks AMAZING!!!! I cannot wait to give it a go!!!! Great DD and an amazing show of transparency from Jason. Remember folks, development cant continue without the support of the community! BUY WAR BONDS, GIVE GIFTS (add ons, airplanes, scripted campaigns)!

Time for the Japanese fans to step up to the plate (and they should understand what that means, given how popular baseball is in Japan...)

Great images of the Henschel!

Oh, and yes: I am sure that the PTO will bring in a LOT of US and Asian fans... - Maybe consider the huge Chinese market as well, when choosing maps and planes?

When will the first issue of IL*2 magazine hit the shelves?

Also how much is a subscription?

IMHO the PTO is an excellent choice for the next expansion of this sim. I think it will go a long way in boosting sales of the product.

I myself can't wait for it!

• Upvote 2

I'm pretty hyped now for the Pacific as well. They're playing Midway this Monday on AMC. I'm sure that will get me hyped some more

I love this.. I have and will continue to buy every product you guys release! I can't wait for the Pacific.

I'm pretty hyped now for the Pacific as well. They're playing Midway this Monday on AMC. I'm sure that will get me hyped some more

Oh yeah, what an awesome movie. I have the DVD and watched it again just couple of months ago. Definitely good for getting one hyped up for the PTO!

Hs 129 HYPE!!! What an ugly plane  :cool:

And I can't wait to hop in a Nakajima B5N or a Aichi D3A!!! Banzai!!!  :ph34r:

Maybe a "Kick Starter" Campaign could be considered to get the ball rolling,A few incentives like extra aircraft/t-shirt/ IL*2 stickers could create a Buzz in The Community,

I will be in line to pre-order whenever a Pacific Product is offered.

Thank You for keeping this great series alive and Cheers to a long,long IL*2 Life 

Yeah dude I'd be behind a kickstarter for sure - as long as none of the perks involve a game winning item. The devs have already proved themselves imo. I typically loath early access and kickstarter. But if the company or individuals involved have a reputation - I'm open to opening up my wallet. 

i'm very much looking forward to the Pacific theater and more future products from you guys. Thanks.

IL2 magazine? I'd subscribe to that!

Yeah...like a newsletter.

Fantastic idea.

I can't help but think the 129 is the ugliest plane ever.

No, I'm pretty sure the F-117 Nighthawk has the record set pretty ugly, with honourable mentions going to the A-10 and TB-3.

Many are asking for the Mediterranean. I understand the desire but Team Fusion Simulations is working on that theatre and since TFS is under the 1C banner of sorts, this development group won't be competing with that. This leads me to ask if there will be charges for Cliffs of Dover's upcoming patch to 5.0. If there is will that cost help with IL2 Pacific? I plan on upgrading CoD any way, but knowing that monies derived from CoD would help this series I'd hope others may invest in Team Fusion Simulations effort in hopes of continuing BoX.

Just a thought...

No, I'm pretty sure the F-117 Nighthawk has the record set pretty ugly, with honourable mentions going to the A-10 and TB-3.

Ilyushin Il-20 ground-attack prototype. Makes even the Fairey Gannet look pretty by comparison.

Edited by ruby_monkey

S!

The Henschel looks nice. I just wish you could get rid of that ridiculous "mirror surface" reflecting the plane itself. 20 years and counting on military jets and yet not seen reflections like that on them. The paint is not glossy fro obvious reasons and is not waxed ;) Do not compare to air show groups with their highly polished and bright paintwork. Regarding PTO. It sounds like quite a big piece of cake to chew on with the scarce resources available. Time table could slip a lot if unlucky. Sure an interesting theatre, but hopefully not a task too big. Best of luck with it.

Great! I'm always in for BoX and CloD stuff. These two brought me fully back to flightsimming after a couple years gap since 2004. Cheers!

When the Smithsonian was restoring the Aichi Seiran they had a surprising number of prints to work from and a number of Japanese to English translators willing to help but none of the translators seemed to know exactly what they were translating.  I remember the Smithsonian was looking long and hard for someone familiar with 1930s and 1940s technical Japanese which had apparently evolved quite a bit during the post war period and beyond.  I'm not sure how they eventually resolved the issue but I'm sure they did - lol.

The paint is not glossy for obvious reasons and is not waxed ;)

The Luftwaffe did wax their planes. It's discussed in one of the books about JG 54.

Thank you Jason for open,  honest and straight-to-the-face piece of communication.

I appreciate you expressing the challenges you face and the call for help.

Thanks Jason. The current il2 series has opened my eyes to a lot. I have always been a history fan but my interest has now expanded to soviet weapons and history. The sim is so much more than just the sim. Regsrding the pacific i had cfs2 but was never really a fan. But now I am already reading and cant wait for wildcat versus zeros etc... i missed 1946 but my son has flown it to death in the pacific area. Japanese i will never be able to read and my book collection is limited on that. What i have i can send but i would be surprised if you dont have it yet. My real input could be a financial contribution to fund research and development.I would propose that the devs open a paypal account and that we as community then take the process from their ourselves to drive a process to make a viluntary contribution as each individual can or cannot do. You just open the account and give the details of that no more. We know that you guys deliver. On another sim a guy did a dlc map that ended up not being payware. The dev gave him permission to contact the community and ask for contributions. The cimmunity responded. We can also do that here. No handouts just an investment we can see thst things are HAPPENING on il2. From us to us.

Edited by Luger1969
  • Upvote 1

Yeah...like a newsletter.

Fantastic idea.

In fairness we already sort of have a newsletter, in ShamrockOneFive's totally brilliant Stormbirds.

It's not just Il-2 content, there's other stuff in there as well but if anyone hasn't come across it yet it's great.

https://stormbirds.wordpress.com

In fairness we already sort of have a newsletter, in ShamrockOneFive's totally brilliant Stormbirds.

It's not just Il-2 content, there's other stuff in there as well but if anyone hasn't come across it yet it's great.

https://stormbirds.wordpress.com

So we have the job filled then already? :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Japanese Translators, although there aren't many, you should be able to find some by visiting various anime fansub IRC channels on irc.rizon.net.

Yes it's an ancient system but it's still used and the majority of translations are done voluntarily. I'm sure some would be interested in translating japanese documents, especially those who have worked on Baka-Tsuki (which has worked on the Zero no Tsukaima / Zero's Familar light novel trasnlations) and for Doki (which has worked on the animated series joint with now defunct static/eclipse subs)

There are also manga translators available on irchighway but I don't know any significant channels on there.

Some will say that they will only translate what they are interested in and will take a job if they're paid, but if you search hard enough I'm sure you'll find someone who is willing to take the role for free (but they may not stick with the role long enough, like most volunteering jobs)

Edited by =BMAD=ZdrytchX

About japanese translators why don t public an advice in same University with language specification there in US ?

Edited by ITAF_Rani

I think that a WWII CFS kickstsrter will trigger a lot of people after the DCS fiasco.

That may be true - hopefully it wouldn't be.  Il2 BoS was probably the best early access experience I've had.  Getting new features and new planes consistently just about every week for the duration was great.  I joined in right when the 109 was first released.  Even just flying it around with nothing to shoot at yet was enjoyable.  

For the Pacific, I would gladly pre-order or back a kickstarter!

• Upvote 1

Thanks Jason. The current il2 series has opened my eyes to a lot. I have always been a history fan but my interest has now expanded to soviet weapons and history. The sim is so much more than just the sim. Regsrding the pacific i had cfs2 but was never really a fan. But now I am already reading and cant wait for wildcat versus zeros etc... i missed 1946 but my son has flown it to death in the pacific area. Japanese i will never be able to read and my book collection is limited on that. What i have i can send but i would be surprised if you dont have it yet. My real input could be a financial contribution to fund research and development.I would propose that the devs open a paypal account and that we as community then take the process from their ourselves to drive a process to make a viluntary contribution as each individual can or cannot do. You just open the account and give the details of that no more. We know that you guys deliver. On another sim a guy did a dlc map that ended up not being payware. The dev gave him permission to contact the community and ask for contributions. The cimmunity responded. We can also do that here. No handouts just an investment we can see thst things are HAPPENING on il2. From us to us.

I also think the idea of a method for those of us that want to donate what we can is a great idea. 

I'm sure there are more than a few older guys like me here that are in that part of life were that's possible.

I

• Upvote 1

I agree. It's easier to make a lump sum donation than to buy multiples of the same products. I have no real life friends or relatives that are interested in flight sims.

A Sturmovik Magazine sounds interesting. I am already looking forward to the exclusive Oleg Maddox interview. :)

The Luftwaffe did wax their planes.

to burn better....?

to deflect incoming bullets back to the addressor....?

Seems Williams' Wonder Wax didn't worked as expected. 74 years that's an age even wax couldn't save this poor plane from getting old  http://ktsorens.tihlde.org/flyvrak/vikna.html

Thanks to everyone who has written me or send a PM. I am taking this Memorial Day weekend off. I will respond when I return to work on Tuesday.

Jason