Jason_Williams

Developer Diary, Part 159 - Discussion

Dear customers,

Today I’d like to share some straight talk with you about our current and future plans for the Sturmovik franchise. 

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials
You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 4

Good luck with mastering the challenges of the PTO.

Really looking forward to the Hs129. :)

Hm, could you please check the pilot position in the aircraft? From your pics it looks as if he's sitting too high and too far back. A bit odd overall. He should be looking through the sight. Sorry for nitpicking. :-/

Edited by JtD

Great news! :good: Looking forward to the Pacific and will try to help out on the performance aspects if I can.

Good luck Jason.

Really really hope you guys can pull off another one of these great installments.

Modeling Japanese airplane is a real challenge because of lack of informations.

above all, you guys are making a level of realism and fidelity never done before in a PTO.

I hope you will get all the help you need

Would that I could help with other things than my purchases, but I really have nothing to offer when it comes to Japan in WW2.

Nice to see the Hs 129 up and running. I'm sure she'll be a lot of fun.

Since you mentioned you're looking for testers. What does the selection process for testers look like?

Good luck with mastering the challenges of the PTO.

Really looking forward to the Hs129. :)

Hm, could you please check the pilot position in the aircraft? From your pics it looks as if he's sitting too high and too far back. A bit odd overall. He should be looking through the sight. Sorry for nitpicking. :-/

Could be because the Hs129 is very small. Especially the cockpit.

Oh gawd that's an ugly canopy isn't it? lol I can't wait to try it out! 

This is the best game I own, so, all the best for your future endeavors.  :salute:

could be a tiny bit too high but it seems pretty spot on

hs-129-cockpit0ir6z.jpg

henschel_hs129_ruffer.jpg

276a602eafa235b1a765559e8c2515d8.jpg

Thanks for the insight of the development process! As allways You´ll have my full support! :)

The Hs 129 looks damn interesting!

I understand the challenges about creating Pacific theater. It will not be easy but I hope you get the information you need to keep up the high quality of the product in the new theater.

Hs129 always surprises me, it's so small for a twin engined plane. But very interesting one, looking forward to it :)

Thanks for the heads up!
Any information on improving the AI?

It still has some major flaws that can ruin any SP campaign if they cumulate.

Nice screenshots!
Cheers

• Upvote 1

"Additionally, I have posted several “help wanted” posts in our Jobs and Contractors section of the English language forum. We are looking for testers, talented artists and other creative people to help with various aspects of development or community related projects. Please check them out and if you meet the requirements please contact us. ". I not find any of this in that section. Just a Japonese translator post.

could be a tiny bit too high but it seems pretty spot on

I've been looking at the same pictures and came to my different conclusion. Like I said, the Revi should be at eye level. It doesn't appear to be on the screenshots. Could be a matter of perspective, but better safe than sorry.

I am happy to learn the Kuban front game is developing well and steadily.

For the Pacific theatre one, I shall buy and play it, but with less enthusiasm than the parallel one about COD and it spin off the Desert air battle! 

And hope there shall be one day in a not too far future a more modern (1943-45) eastern or western front game.

Thanks for the development team for their great work and hope for the best for them but do not forget that in the pacific also most of the air battle where fought with land airplanes at least on one side.

​Again thanks for Your great work!  :salute: 

Edited by senseispcc

Guys we're not going to the med (yet), please stop these posts :biggrin:

I'm very looking forward to midway and what the team comes up with, I hope it works out fine :)

• Upvote 2

just make a med theatre in between th development of the pacific...from what i understand from their ts interview, is that it will take really long to create the PTO, because of completely new planeset, new technology thats needed for carriers etc...looking at Midway, this map cant be that hard to develop, considering 2 dwarf islands and ocean around it...so maybe there would be some space for the map builders to do a small MED map...then create 1 or 2 collectors aircraft for the Allied side, and youre good, and have a new theatre...such a relatively small project would probably give you more income than asking the same guys the tenth time to purchase the same things they already own.

• Upvote 2

Today is my salary day so you should have my support and I shall have two scripted campaigns;).

Thanks for your hard work.

P.

Thanks for the update Jason. I'll pick up the two scripted campaigns and JU52 when I get a job :)

Albino

You guys do excellent work. Respect.

P.S. Dont worry Mr. Williams, I have all your products - for RoF and IL2:Batlle of XY too.

Thanks for the update!

It certainly sounds like a tremendous effort to pull of moving to a Pacific theatre, but if anyone can do it and do it beautifully it is certainly you guys.

I can appreciate the challenges this will bring to the dev team, and so looking forward to the product when it does come!

Large playable detailed capital ships sounds very interesting feature. :popcorm:

Jason,

The work of you and the team has been nothing short of outstanding. You have set the benchmark for WW1 and WW2 flight simming and no one else comes close. I'm in this with you for the long haul and have and will continue to buy all you produce. Every announcement you make brings some excitement. Much respect you guys. The Hs-129 is looking outstanding.

solamente queria agradecer vuestro esfuerzo en el desarollo del simulador , entiendo la necesidad de comparar las campañas.

saludos

Step by step, this sim is becoming a legend, it made me fall back into my old WW2 sim addiction...

Sometimes, when i don't have much time, i just fire the game and fly a couple of cross wind take off and landings, and i think to myself: " wow this game is beautiful, nothing can beat the feeling of flying and the contact with the ground when landing and Taking Off."

I love it.

My only wish would be to have more things to buy from you 1CGS guys!

• Upvote 1

Nice screenshots of the Hs 129. Can't wait to give it a try myself.

Regarding the job offer, a bit more detail on the graphic department would be nice (3d / 2d artist, animation). Also where do sign up to become a tester?

Edited by 6./ZG26_5tuka

I really hope you get all the info you need to develop the Pacific properly. Nobody else can do it better than you guys!

Any chance there is an automatic translator on the internet? I know these are very technical documents and that doesnt always play well, especially with more difficult languages.

The Hs 129 looks amazing, it's going to be lots of fun!

Jason, first a word.  The direction of BOS has changed 180 degrees for the positive since you took the lead.  The sim has incorporated technology and features since that time some of which I wasn't even aware were available or possible.  And each update not only brings these new features to the community but it does so in a scheduled, very consistent and bug free manner as possible.  A big tip of the hat to you and the team for all these achievements.

For what it's worth, as far as the Pacific is concerned, I would rather go to an area without carriers, e.g. New Guinea, in the beginning, if leaving those ships to future development would mean a more attainable goal to the initial move to PTO.

Cheers!

• Upvote 5

A good first stop for Japanese aircraft resources are these guys: http://www.j-aircraft.com/

I've used them to reference stuff before and they are very good. They don't have everything but it's at least something. I spent a couple of years trying to find sources on the Type 99 20mm cannon and failed. The original IL-2 didn't bother with a Type 99 cannon and instead used the MG-FF/M instead... a reasonable substitute (both trace back to the same original design) but still a different gun in performance and ammo types.

There's also this book (referenced by the same site) on Japanese aero engines. http://mmpbooks.biz/ksiazki/353

No idea what's inside. Worth checking into maybe.

In the meantime... Love the Hs129B-2. I can't wait to fly it and bust some tanks.

• Upvote 1

I could give a hand of help for the IL2 PTO. Programming/Scripting/Testing (I am working as CTO and Creative Director in game development industry).

Also, there can be no Midway without the "Shattered Sword" book, which is a MUST for anyone really wanting to understand the battle of Midway.

The Pacific Theater starting with the Battle of Midway

Jason, any news when we can start to pre-order it?

Maybe a "Kick Starter" Campaign could be considered to get the ball rolling,A few incentives like extra aircraft/t-shirt/ IL*2 stickers could create a Buzz in The Community,

I will be in line to pre-order whenever a Pacific Product is offered.

Thank You for keeping this great series alive and Cheers to a long,long IL*2 Life 

• Upvote 1