Han

Developer Diary, Part 151 - Discussion

Hello everybody,

we have new results for you after another development week. Today Dev Diary won't have much text because, as a popular saying goes, 'a picture is worth a thousand words'. Mountain valleys and rivers technology is almost finished and the result it gives is on par with some pure tech demos out there. This is what happens when the technology (represented by our graphics programmer) and art (our mapping department) meet. Such harmony between different teams or individuals is something any development studio tries to achieve.

In other news, we have finished the first Battle of Kuban ship - type 7 destroyer. We still need to develop new tech for it: torpedoes and torpedo launchers and AI capable of controlling such a fast (up to 72 kph) and a big ship (110 meters long and weights 1600 tonnes), but it looks good already.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials
You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 18

Beautiful! fantastic Work

The map looks like British Columbia somehow! Nature is so beautifully made!

The destroyer looks good, but he seems steady despite those high waves.

Some rolling would be fantastic!

• Upvote 1

The landscape looks great, especially the mountains full of trees... but - do all of them have damage model ?  Just asking because being a bit afraid about performance when flying over these forrests... :o:

One question for the devs - can you suggest some sort of hibernation technology so that I can put myself to sleep until this map and accompanying campaign is released?

• Upvote 4

I don't think I'll bother flying over Stalingrad or Moscow ever again after this is released.

Amazing.

• Upvote 3

Love the destroyer! Would be nice to be able to pilot the vessels for a little ship v ship action.

• Upvote 2

Very Good job . Thanks ! The best SIM were they do something is excellent , realistic with the WW2 historic archives . Perfect !

Others that are called Sims but are not and do many things but are not well done . No realistic .

The authentic Simulator of WW2 is this : Il2 Sturmovik BOM , BOS and BOK the real and only really realistic one !

Il2 Sturmovik is the only one !The realistic One ! The Best Simulator and very far away from others .

Many thanks for your job , Excellent .

That landscape sure is beautiful, it feels like forever has passed waiting for the Kuban map and I thought the others looked good. :cool:

Great work on the Destroyer and the water also, glad to see another aspect of the game coming together. :salute:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :biggrin:

Looking at "other sims" out there, am I the only one who thinks this looks "only" ok-ish?

I'd expected a bigger leap from BoS to BoK tbh... I know it's still work in progress and I hope there will be improvements to come, so don't kill me for my words. But still  :ph34r:

The river looks quite natural though :)

Cheers

Looking at "other sims" out there, am I the only one who thinks this looks "only" ok-ish?

Yes - please go away

• Upvote 4

Love the destroyer! Would be nice to be able to pilot the vessels for a little ship v ship action.

Wow... nice idea! take note of this for the future devs please! ;)

Yes - please go away

Silencing dissenting opinions does not devalue their worth. For example in the first picture (jpg.1) the river bend nearest the camera looks a little odd - a shallow area where perhaps the processes struggled to create. Anyways I feel dissenting opinions hold more value than casually offered supportive oppinions. Often great works can be improved upon and made better through objective appraisals and criticisms. As unpopular as a suggestion might seem automatically dismissing it is equally useless.

von Luck

Edited by von-Luck
  • Upvote 6

That's some great looking streams! It also seems that work on new sea water is nicely coming along.

Silencing dissenting opinions does not devalue their worth. For example in the first picture (jpg.1) the river bend nearest the camera looks a little odd - a shallow area where perhaps the processes struggled to create. Anyways I feel dissenting opinions hold more value than casually offered supportive oppinions. Often great works can be improved upon and made better through objective appraisals and criticisms. As unpopular as a suggestion might seem automatically dismissing it is equally useless.

von Luck

Perhaps "it's just OK" wasn't the most productive or useful comment. As an artist and someone who creates 3D assets, not to mention a long time customer who sees the quality of what is being produced, I found your comment less than useful and far from necessary given those gorgeous screenies.

Sure, have an opinion, but next time, consider politely asking a specific question about the area that concerns you.

As it stands - you had that coming.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Gambit21
  • Upvote 5

As it stands - you had that coming.

Hope this helps :)

I agree his point was not terribly constructive. Avoiding an overly myopic community is important in my opinion. Thanks Gambit :)

von Luck

Edited by von-Luck
  • Upvote 1

Can't wait to make an A-20 campaign for that map. Ingressing through those valleys, dodging fighters - it's going to be good times.