Han

Developer Diary, Part 146 - Discussion

Hello everybody,

Another hard working week has passed. Since we finished physics optimizations for AI controlled aircraft, AI revision for all the planes in the game was mandatory. During this revision, their piloting and attack maneuvers were improved in many ways. As the direct result of this, update 2.007 will bring not only the double performance level of AI controlled aircraft (meaning that the same number of AI planes will require twice less CPU time), but also the improved quality of AIs - there will be a lot less jerky movements, AI handling will be more fluid.
Fw 190 A-3 physics revision is finished and will be included in 2.007 update as well.
Our artists have finished He 111 H-16 3D model and its weaponry is already recreated in the sim, including the German 13mm MG 131 machine gun which is new for our project. 
In addition, we finished the Bf 110 G-2 development and start its beta testing today. This means that 2.007 update will bring this plane and other announced additions to your PCs prety soon.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials
You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 13

Awesome news all around. :salute:

Despite all the new stuff I can't help but being most excited to see, exactly what has happened to the Fw 190. I almost don't wanna get my hopes up, and I really hope people aren't expecting it to suddenly turn into the easiest ride in the World.

AI optimizations and improvements sound really awesome too.

Thank you Han!

As usual, FANTASTIC job on the new Heinkel!

Really this sim is made with love! passion!

I love it!

I hope we will get a mg131 for our Junkers 52 one day!

• Upvote 1

Fantastic news, best of luck with the optimization testing!!

I look forward for the "less jerky" AI and improved AI numbers.

Great news, especially AI improvements!!

Things are looking very good, have a nice weekend :)

I can't wait for the FW FM, I can't!!! great job devs, thats why I love you and buy every game

Thank you Han - all of the hard work that the team is putting in is much appreciated.

Salutations,

Agreed, the new He 111H-16 and Bf110 G2 look a bit more imposing now.

Looking forward to checking out the result of "[AI] piloting and attack maneuvers were improved in many ways" etc. Fingers crossed.

Thx from Germany Devs!!! на сдорове :drink2:  :russian_ru:  :pilot:

Edited by II/JG11ATLAN

Great news allround in so many aspects. Many thanks Han and team. The level of effort is superb.

I welcome all and any improvements to the AI. Another great update.

Cheers

Edited by BazzaLB

Lets see the performance of the Mg131. Im so interested on that because the G6 will have this machine gun.

Really?

Everything sounds great but what about annoying stutters which many of us have now in multiplayer after last update? Any word of explanation would be nice, because after this problem occured we didn`t received any answer from Devs.
We have three threads in "Technical Issues and Bug Reports" section about this and completly no solution from Devs:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26850-horrific-stuttering-makes-multiplayer-impossible-dx11-patch/

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/27338-game-stutters/

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26746-trackir-and-ffb-working-together-cause-terrible-stuttering/

I hope that Developers have read that topics.

• Upvote 1

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin: Great work. When will we have the 2007 update ??????? This wait is killing me. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin: Great work. When will we have the 2007 update ??????? This wait is killing me. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

I am guessing next week sometime 

• Upvote 1