Sturmnoob

Wings Over the Reich - WWII Flight Sim - New website is up

For me, yes... the campaign is excellent, as with their previous game WoFF UE, the AI is extremely good.

The whole package makes me feel part of a squadron, in the thick of it, with after action reports, making claims, (which can be rejected)... enemy aircraft that will bug out when they get low on fuel, enemy pilots will head for home if they get 'shook up'... 109's that will boom and zoom instead of an endless turn fight, the list goes on.

RoF and BoS have a much better feeling of flight however compared to WoTR, and even though WoTR is graphically very good, it is still behind BoS.

That said, I forget about those things when I am immersed in the campaign.

It will not be everyone's cup of tea I'm sure, as lot's of sim pilots seem to want eye candy over game play, or FM and DM matters more, but for me it's the SP career system that will get my vote every time...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only thing I don't like is the BOB location. Been kind of done to death. Would of rather seen the ETO or Pacific! 

It is called ''Wings Over The Reich'' so your chances of seeing anything Pacific is rather slim don't you think?

Haha, indeed.

As a pacific-lover myself, I have also sat and wondered ' what if'....

But the interesting news is that WoTR states it intends to cover the bombing raids into Germany later in the war' (where the title will be more apt!). I am very interested to see how the BoB bombers are presented in these early phases as hopefully they will give an idea of what the allied bombers will have; hopefully interesting bomb sights and systems where possible.

So, yes it is BoB for now, but the actual game name and stated intent is to offer a different era of the war, albeit launching from the same theatre.

Edited by ChiefWH

I'm sure that when this was announced that it was stated that it would start at the Battle of France, and would then proceed to cover the periods leading all the way up to the bombing campaigns over Germany... (maybe I have the wrong end of the stick, but others will correct me if I am wrong)

I was a little fed up actually that it has started at the Battle of Britain, as I would have loved a developer to do that period of fighting over France justice... culminating with the Dunkirk period.

To me, they could have still started with more or less the same aircraft, even doing a couple of French types as AI...

However, I digress... now that I have the game I'm enjoying it, a lot!  :)

Edited by Trooper117

Posted (edited)
On 9/5/2018 at 6:15 AM, Lost_customer said:

Wings over the Reich phase 1 appears to be available to buy! I shall be straight on this tonight.

Sort your SP gameplay out il2, this is money that would have been going on BoBP.

(not that I expect WotR to be perfect, just fed up waiting, and it has to be worth a try)

That's the beauty of decentralized order. You don't have to trust anyone or expect kindness from any centralized government or monopolizing companies. Just bypass them putting your money where is better for you and build a better world through real free market competition thus generating true social balance. If you bought the game with crypto coins you are really a freedom fighter leaving behind and obsolete centralized government money, it's main control device, creating a real rich environment for new games that can supply what customers demand.

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

the soundtrack is also out on streaming services spotify, itunes, amazon etc.  WotR has a full feature-length soundtrack, with 90 minutes of epic orchestra and choir.  In a departure from the industry norm, you have something that matches the scale of war.