Gavrick

Developer Diary, Part 145 - Discussion

Hello everyone,

Fw 190 A-3 flight model revision that we promised long time ago is nearly finished.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials
You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 12

thanks for the info! sounds very promising for all of us who like the Fw 190

also i like this:

FW-190 A5. While being very similar to Fw-190 А3 visually, it will have significantly different features and pecularities in loadouts and handling.
  • Upvote 1

Nice Job, I do not fly it, but I really appreciate your dedication to make this sim even better! :good:

thanks for the info! sounds very promising for all of us who like the Fw 190

also i like this:

Me2. I hope some armor for JABO and MW50 boost!!

Grt M

That A5 might just rekindle my interest in flying online earlier than Midway - which was my projected return date. :)

Sounds good. I like the stall speed figure. Looking forward to giving the new package a try. :)

One question with regards to

"Propeller thrust decreased somewhat. Takeoff run of the aircraft with standard loadout is roughly 500 meters and takes 18 seconds, which corresponds to historical data."

Fw calculations show a take off run of about 500m for a 3850kg aircraft on concrete (0.025 rolling friction coefficient), and this is including a climb to 20m altitude. Rolling distance was only about 300m.

Fw used 0.155 drag coefficient in the ground run, (max.) prop thrust 18000N. This make 18s seem quite long for a take off run, unless it is up to 20m altitude, in which case it is a good match. I'm estimating roughly 14s on the ground.

So if you say 500m for take off, do you refer to 20m altitude or lift off?

Edited by JtD
  • Upvote 9

Hallo Gavrick,

what about the dive acceleration? Has it  been modified in the new revision of the flight model?

• Upvote 5

Looking forward to the FW 190 revisions!

Thank you for your hard work!

thank good! this need to be released now!!!!

Edited by SJ_Butcher

Thanks for the info and glad to hear about the Fw-190 FM adjustments. Looking forward to flying the A3 again! :good:

Sounds good. I like the stall speed figure. Looking forward to giving the new package a try. :)

One question with regards to

"Propeller thrust decreased somewhat. Takeoff run of the aircraft with standard loadout is roughly 500 meters and takes 18 seconds, which corresponds to historical data."

Fw calculations show a take off run of about 500m for a 3850kg aircraft on concrete (0.025 rolling friction coefficient), and this is including a climb to 20m altitude. Rolling distance was only about 300m.

Fw used 0.155 drag coefficient in the ground run, (max.) prop thrust 18000N. This make 18s seem quite long for a take off run, unless it is up to 20m altitude, in which case it is a good match. I'm estimating roughly 14s on the ground.

So if you say 500m for take off, do you refer to 20m altitude or lift off?

Good question i also wonder about these prop thrust reduced. I suppose that it was changed ground roll for 500m unfortunately not take off distance but i hope im wrong. Maby Gavric will answer these.

P.s. You got reliable data for these JtD? If so another fix will be nessesery :P

I found 300m in German chart for a3 3885 kg - rollstrecke

For A-5 rollstrecke is 365 m ( at 4100 kg) and take off distance for 20 m alt is 600m.

So JtD you right 500m for A-3 should be for take off distance for 20 m alt not ground roll distance

post-1014-0-90490600-1484945707_thumb.jpg

post-1014-0-93610500-1484945708_thumb.jpg

Edited by 303_Kwiatek
  • Upvote 4

I am really looking forward to flying this "brute" more often with these new fixes in place.I had difficulties with nearly every aspect of flying the 190 ( esp yo-yoing...) when I still 'flew " this sim using the MS FFB stick.It got better but not perfect with the new KB stick purchased earlier this past year,,,still a handfull compared with other fighters in BoS et al.Hopefully these new parameters will do the trick.Thanks for the news!

Good - but not surprising! :happy:  - to hear that you did your homework well on the Fw 190 A-3

it all sounds very promising and I look forward to see the first test-flight video appear somewhere

in the near (?) future :)

Awesome.

I did not expect an update today. And certainly I did not expect to hear anything about the FW190.

You guys keep surprising people. I love surprises (not on my 6 though).

Thanks for your time and works. :cool:  And please Mr. Gavrick respond to our inquiries. It's great to be informed. :salute:

...In the same time, aircraft speed and climb rate remained almost the same.

Why? You think the 190 A3 speed was already correct in the game?

Great news!

It'll be great to try both the FW190A-3 and A-5 together!

Against each other! 

Edited by 19.GIAP//curiousGamblerr

Good if stall caracteristics are better however if speed is the same, it won't make big difference when having a russian fighter behind (excluding I-16)

You must carry only 2 cannons only to have a reasonable chance to escape them... and that's pathetic :unsure:

• Upvote 1

Good if stall caracteristics are better however if speed is the same, it won't make big difference when having a russian fighter behind (excluding I-16)

You must carry only 2 cannons only to have a reasonable chance to escape them... and that's pathetic :unsure:

If you get someone on your six co-E you done goofed, that's rule #1.

• Upvote 3

Good job from the il2 team. Anxious Many changes, will be a new plane.

In the same time, aircraft speed and climb rate remained almost the same. Almost does not mean the same. Could we have specific numbers?

- Propeller thrust decreased somewhat. Takeoff run of the aircraft with standard loadout is roughly 500 meters and takes 18 seconds, which corresponds to historical data.

Will it be that in flight, the acceleration restart will slow down as well? As there was diving acceleration and roll rate.

• Upvote 4

Thanks for the news!

This sim is going steadily forward in every department. Nice work :)

Great, the FM 's are more and more neare to the real aircrafts!

This work is phenomenal, thanks for the efforts you put in this "simulation".

IL2 is a real simulation but still payable! Thanks very, very Much. :salute:

Edited by senseispcc

Thanks Gavrick and developers for your excellent work ! ( Yak-1b & Bf-109 G4)

Waiting for the realistic flight of the Fw190 successull revision .

Edited by RAY-EU

I wonder if that upcoming update will also be that one bringing the yaw-roll coupling fine tuning ?