Game version 2.006 discussion: DX11, Ju 52, Bf 109 G-4, Scripted Campaign, "10 Days of Autumn"

Han

Has been a long time, but I am back in now.

Based on what I have read in this update I have now pre-ordered the Premium BOK.

Two main things for me - first the scripted campaign, and the update to DX11. As mainly a SP guy, the campaign is really what did it for me.

Really liking the direction I see this going now. I will order the BOM Premium here in the next month or so.

It also has been a long time since I launched/updated BOS, not sure if I should uninstall and do a clean install or just launch and let the thing update. I guess I could try the latter and see what happens...

Congrats Developers on a major exiting update!

Just try to update it, if it does not work you can still reinstall it. You need BOM however to play the scripted campaign!

Getting 60 fps with AMD Graphics on stock settings here, no issues to report. Sorry to hear some folks are having problems.

I managed to capture some interesting angles of the Para Troopers in game. If anyone happens to like them, feel free to use them for mission images.

S!

post-23608-0-83781400-1482239308_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-21573500-1482239310_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-23523600-1482239312_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-58871700-1482239313_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-52890400-1482239325_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-51816600-1482239335_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-60499500-1482239346_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 4

Sounds like a great update... quite envious of you guys as I can't partake yet!

Moving house, all my flight sim gear is in storage :(

Can't wait to try it out 

Same problem here. Both files are in same folder. Tried either one first and get the endless "Searching for Updates"

Same here as well. I put both in the same folder and opened the larger one. Still searching for updates.

Just try to update it, if it does not work you can still reinstall it. You need BOM however to play the scripted campaign!

Thanks for that info, good to know.

Looks like I will be grabbing BOM sooner then.

Same here as well. I put both in the same folder and opened the larger one. Still searching for updates.

Still haven't got the Windows 7 update to install. I am able to run the game in windowed mode though. However, I have the same rainbow confetti problem as other AMD users and the FPS has dropped a lot. I was getting anywhere from a low of 2 to a high of 27 in a quick mission. In the hangar it stays at either 30 or 47.

Strange things. I hope we can get some fixes because for me it's unplayable right now. 

Ok just purchased BOM Premium. I am all in now.

I will just call these my Christmas present to myself LOL.

Not going to be available much through Christmas now so will be about a week or so before get a chance to try updating and flying this sim once again.

Thanks again,

Great update!

Two nice things I have noticed: Aliasing artefacts in front of clouds appear to have diminished or disappeared, and there is now an after-mission report for manually made missions. I'm sure there's more nice surprises hidden in there, it's going to be a treasure hunt of sorts.

After a long time searching, it says I already have this update installed.

=EXPEND=CG_Justin

Just got home from work and updated. I have to echo what many others have been saying. I'm solid 60fps with no drops. The sim is smooth as butter! I just landed on WoL with at least 6 other players on or around the airfield and I had zero stutters. I felt so confident I landed right behind another person at like 250m and it was absolutely perfect....no fps spikes or dips AT ALL.

I really am lifting my beer in salute to 1C/777 as I type this....absolutely AMAZING WORK TEAM!! :drink2: :drink2: :drink2:

My rough specs without going into detail...

AMD 8 Core @ 4.0 each

16Gb RAM

GTX760 2Gb

2TB HD

Edited by II./ZG1_CG_Justin

=ARTOA=Rauchenderkolben

Um, well, this one is about the HTC VIVE /VR support.

I'm very glad to see this update, but I haven't gotten it to work with my HTC VIVE so far.
Did anyone of you get it working ?
​Awsome that directX 11 is here, but if us VR users are thrown out of the game again because the VR support is gone that would be really sad to hear.
​Speaking for me and the VR users I know of, the question is not weither we can Play il2 with VR or with a screen, the discussion is mostly about if we are allowed to fly IL-2 or if we have to go back to War Thunder, wich most of us hate doing. Please Keep that in mind and it would be nice if VR users receive the same priority as 2d Screen users.

​Would be nice to hear something about this Topic of a developer if VR works with update 2.006.

​best regards and great work Team (although I couldn't try it out so far, but I'm sure it's awsome)

• Upvote 1

=EXPEND=CG_Justin

I also wanted to note...

In multiplayer I did not see people lagging like I used to...especially on the ground. Occasionally they used sink into the ground, jump forward, or bounce in the air before. I saw none of that on my first test...I would like to test further though.

I have to say....this is my combat sim of choice from here on out. Absolutely beautiful! :salute:

Great update!

Two nice things I have noticed: Aliasing artefacts in front of clouds appear to have diminished or disappeared,

I NOTICED THIS TOO!!!

All this time since the "new" clouds replaced the ones carried over from RoF back in alpha, and suddely it's fixed, at least enough that you don't notice it anymore. :)

Works fine, only had to re-ajust my graphic settings.

But shouldn't there have been a door in Ju-52? Could have used bombdoor key to open and close it!

Works fine, only had to re-ajust my graphic settings.

But shouldn't there have been a door in Ju-52? Could have used bombdoor key to open and close it!

I think it's the "Open canopy" key...

thermoregulator

Thanks, Tripwire. Camera smoothness to 100% helps a little. Strange it, that i have this issue since the new update, others had i before. Its strange, that force feedback is causin stutters. Still hope for a fix. Or i will have to replace my old MS FFB2.

Direct X 11 update is great, otherwise. And Tante Ju is best turner in game. Sadly it does not have forward firing gun. We need SM-79 :-)

Superb update. So smooth now. Thanks. I have noticed my FPS are stuck at 60 with the in game counter and GFE. I have the frame rate limiter off in the game. Am I missing a setting here?

Superb update. So smooth now. Thanks. I have noticed my FPS are stuck at 60 with the in game counter and GFE. I have the frame rate limiter off in the game. Am I missing a setting here?

Vsync on? With my pc I also have to run the game in windowed mode for higher fps.

BUT: The game is way smoother on a steady 60 fps for me than in windowed mode (still fullscreen) with higher fps. 

II/JG17_HerrMurf

We've lost our pilots for the moment ?

(taken on multiplayer, IRRE server)

I got that from IREE as well but tested in SP and my pilots showed up. It's either server or MP bug.

Vsync on? With my pc I also have to run the game in windowed mode for higher fps.

BUT: The game is way smoother on a steady 60 fps for me than in windowed mode (still fullscreen) with higher fps. 

Yep. That was the issue. Thanks!

=38=Tatarenko

Ian,

Working fine here. Make sure no other program has hijacked the key and any overlays that might be interfering. Check key mapping also.

Jason

Got it, working fine here too, thanks!

​Would be nice to hear something about this Topic of a developer if VR works with update 2.006.

They already announced, that DX11 gives them the chance to include VR support. Time schedule for that was FEB17, if i remember correct.

• Upvote 1

I think it's the "Open canopy" key...

Well that wouldnt work, as you would then open your cockpit window when the paratroppers should jump. Nope not good!

SLI seems to be working, but my second card does not match the core clock on the top card. Question whether this is a driver issue to be addressed in an updated SLI profile?

• 1CGS
2.006b Hotfix

As we announced earlier, update 2.006 involves some patching 'on the fly' since we don't have means to check all PC configurations and software combinations unfortunately. This hotfix addresses:

1. We used a safer shader code in an attempt to fix 'colored particles' bug on some video cards. Please report if this fixed the problem for you if you had encountered it before.

2. A couple of potential crashes where fixed and overall application stability has been improved.

3. Inverted mouse option no longer affects mouse movement in game menus.

4. Roads color corrected on Moscow map.

2006b.jpg

• Upvote 8

Great update!

Two nice things I have noticed: Aliasing artefacts in front of clouds appear to have diminished or disappeared, and there is now an after-mission report for manually made missions. I'm sure there's more nice surprises hidden in there, it's going to be a treasure hunt of sorts.

Same here - in the past I had those artefacts on the edges of the wing when there was a cloud behind it; this has now disappeared (or is so fine grained that it's not really noticeable anymore).

I'm running the game on an ATI Radeon HD 5870, and this update has been phenomenal! I installed the 64bit update for Windows 7 SP1 as requested, rebooted the computer, and everything worked without problem; even my device settings had persisted. FPS are remaining high and fluent now. Before the upgrade I had a little bit of micro stutter that has now disappeared.

1PL-Husar-1Esk

Han, now G-sync is not working in full screen mode, would you gonna hot fix it or  it's related to not updated nvidia game profile ?

Edited by 307_Tomcat