Game version 2.006 discussion: DX11, Ju 52, Bf 109 G-4, Scripted Campaign, "10 Days of Autumn"

Han

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

Guys,

Enjoy the update, but as I mentioned before there are likely to be bugs. We know of a few that will be fixed in a Hotfix. The boys worked really long to get it out today. Go easy on them if you find a problem.

Jason

• Upvote 18

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

CTD again and again. Could you please fix the FFB problem?

You need to be more specific.

Jason

I can't open old mission, even if I delete the previous msnbin

"Error reading mission file!"

In fact :

- Reset your Editor settings

- Only keep the mission file in the mission directory

Edit : didn't work all the time :/

Edit2 : My bad, ChangeEntity thing.

Edited by -IRRE-Biluf

Bugs or not I really have 60-75 FPS in quick mission dogfight instead of my old 40, which is great! And so are the Ju52 and Fallschirmjager.

oddly enough - I'm down to 2-3 FPS (not twenty thirty - but TWO or THREE) -- this is bizarre, most quite

my GPU is an oldie, but it does still measure up to support DX11 - it's a single NVIDIA GTX580 - and before the update it gave me a reasonable 30~60 FPS depending on scene conditions... 

now, it definitely seems there's something not quite right here... this is on windows 7 64 bit

any thoughts?

TG-55Panthercules

Not sure if there's a bug report thread or not, and I have to leave soon, but I just updated and tried flying a quick mission to check on the "bubble of blur" issue. Flying completely hands-off so I could just look around, and I noticed that the auto-level turns off after a few seconds (maybe 15-20 seconds) and my plane crashes almost immediately.  Happened 3 or 4 times in a row.  Is there perhaps a bug/known issue with auto-level not staying on?  (just flying a simple QMB mission in an I-16 on Moscow Autumn map at 1,000m, from airfield nearest Moscow)

Edited by TG-55Panthercules

=38=Tatarenko

Findings so far ....

1) Rock solid here, no playability probs at all
2) The new QMB features are fantastic (score sheet and route post flight). 
3) The solution for the Ju-52 braking linked to toe pedals is ingenious and so elegant. I was worried how this would be done and you've aced it.

Good job!!

Guys,

Enjoy the update, but as I mentioned before there are likely to be bugs. We know of a few that will be fixed in a Hotfix. The boys worked really long to get it out today. Go easy on them if you find a problem.

Jason

Thank you to the extremely professional team.

Great work guys. Performance is stellar. Getting 100-120fps in the sky and 75+ just above the ground. My rig would probably handle twice the area of the grass with no problem  (R9 390, I5-6600K)

some minor bugs ?

1. Is the left mouse click while held down not working anymore? Can't scroll through the map with the mouse anymore

2. In QMB, when I try to set the atlitude and  click on the side of the bar (not the arrows), the altitude moves the opposite way (ie click right of the small bar and it decreases)

cheers

Well what can say...

I do not know. sorry I am out of words

Please take some rest, and be VERY easy on yourself dear Dev Team.

You really did a challenge that is making you one step more skilled than before.

You have all my sympathy  my gratitude and my full support.

To add more: You realized a dream that I had since 15 years, flying a Tante Ju with Objectives and  REAL challenge and Realism

I just love you guys!

Edited by Nil
  • Upvote 1

Getting about double my old FPS when I turn off the limiter, one hell of an improvement. Very nice! Current rig: I5-4690 (3.5GHz base), 16GB DDR3 (PC2400), GTX 770 2GB and Win10.

NO MP SERVERS THOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we have the password for the two servers?

Open for now. It's a duel server. I added the G4 on the spawns.

Definitely a big improvement with FPS for me. Only a few quickie flights but down in the brush it was very smooth. One quick mission I knocked down some Ju-52s with paratroops aboard. I was glad to see they bailed out as the planes were going down. Most planes went down in slow spirals though. Not sure what might happen in the the Ju lost a wing.

This update is promising to say the very least. Thank you to the development team.

*edited for spelling

Edited by Rjel

First and most important test completed.  ;)

2016_12_20__0_19_30_zpsop6rgtup.jpg

Yes, it will go between the lock towers...

2016_12_20__0_19_44_zps4vb5eipw.jpg

But you need to be on the centreline...  :wacko:

2016_12_20__0_20_29_zpsbfxcddkl.jpg

2016_12_20__0_20_41_zpsmjpiownl.jpg

I should probably leave trying to get it under the bridge until I've had a bit more sleep.  :unsure:

• Upvote 7

hmm, never mind - updated GPU drivers, good ole' restart -- whadda you know? 60+ FPS on ultra!!

sweet! -- game looks friggin' awesome! -- many thanks for the awesome update

• Upvote 1

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

Guys,

For those that like to practice gunnery. Check and see if Aiming Help is working. I think it might not be.

Jason

Finally a good performance. It was frustrated so much for dont getting 60+fps even with a gtx1070. But now the by far biggest shortcoming is gone. I got at least 2.5 times fps than before on max details. Awesome.

Time to spent some money, I guess :)

6./ZG26_5tuka

Amazing. None of my expectations for this patch had been set  too high, it's actually surpassing them! So many new beautifull things to keep me busy during holiday.

Thy a lot devs, pls take your deserved brake!

No601_Swallow

Little things for little minds, but the grass... As far as the eye can see!

Also, great modelling of the Ju52's braking system and weird flaps/stabilizer linkage - just complex enough to be fun and distinctive, while still be playable with your existing controller set-up. Top notch!

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

Not getting the frame counter to work (Backspace). Anyone else?

Ian,

Working fine here. Make sure no other program has hijacked the key and any overlays that might be interfering. Check key mapping also.

Jason

Frequent_Flyer

Thanks for the Mission Report and Flight Log on my SP missions. It is great to keep score. I am running windows  10, any update for Direct X 11 necessary? Very smooth performance , not certain of any frame rate increase. Could be my imagination ,however the aircraft seem to handle a bit smoother as well.

Not getting the frame counter to work (Backspace). Anyone else?

Very small in green upper right corner of the screen. The game is so smooth now, amazing.

WOW!!!

Much fast game loading

Much smoother graphics.  I feel like I'm finally getting the performance I've been getting in other games

Thank you devteam!!!  Really appreciate the hard work.

No longer have sweetFx.  Anyone else have it working?

Great performance!

one small bug I had so far:

- playing as top gunner in JU-52 I had intermittent and dropped engine sounds from my plane, but with external and internal views (from cockpit) sounds were ok.

This is good stuff Jason - better than the old days even.

I don't remember a day quite like this in the old sim.

Couple quirks with the editor - posted in the bugs forum.