Sign in to follow this  
Zak

Developer Diary, Part 43

My biggest problem is that in the Lagg-3 the mixture and throttle  'commands' controls are linked so that I cannot use them on my control system. Otherwise this is a fantastic game in the creation thanks a lot. ;)

S!

Thank you for the news and info about the future. I can say that BoS has sparked an interest in many virtual pilots that have been more or less away from the genre lately. And there has already been discussions to form test teams for providing as much data/input as possible to the devs. You can feel the excitement among the pilots now. Sure there are niggles and bugs to iron out, but overall BoS is becoming a very solid product. Have a great weekend all :)

• Upvote 1

The standard founders are waiting to spend a hand in the process and taste this masterpiece, let this happen¡

Definitely you deserve to try it as well. Christmas eve seems like a good time, doesn't it ;-)

It depends from which perspective you see it.

The whole family together for Christmas dinner with one empty chair.

'Cause you guys are all too busy with simming and no time to lose. :joy:

• Upvote 2

Dont be bad ut us!, The next week or the week of 9 to 15, would be perfect, as Uufflakke said, there is not much time on these dates, also I want to do some Guncam footage like I did on Clod  :)

Great news. I'm very happy for those who can't get to try BoS from Tuesday to Thursday.

Now if only I hadn't agreed to work the weekend in exchange for Tuesday off. Easy come, easy go.... :)

So are the dates 5th and 6th based on Moscow time or UTC time? Being based in Australia it is hard to catch these sessions and enjoy some alpha gameplay

But why? It's still the same 24 hour day. I've only been getting a couple of hours in the evening during the current mid week testing. Not a lot to be sure but it sure has been enjoyable.

• Upvote 1

Thank You, nice too see the new content but any news about some of changes/bugs?

This is very important. I think maybe better to fix bugs/problems and next step will be to add the new content. 

In this way for now we will have simply more problems, not solved problems. Im right?

Examples:

- fuel gauge,

- variometer gauge,

- some GUI problems,

- Bf-109 compass bug,

- problem with inverted throttle,

- some FM/CME corrections,

- maps problems,

- slow loading textures,

- better textures of the sky

ect.

everything is on bug reports topics :).

Best wishes!

Loft and company bringing it real and on time :cool:

Thanks for the update; looking forward to watching game evolve :)

Cheers

Triad

Great news !! I'm looking forward to being a part of this early develpment of this sim as well as flying with you all soon !!!

cheers  --sf--

My biggest problem is that in the Lagg-3 the mixture and throttle  'commands' controls are linked so that I cannot use them on my control system. Otherwise this is a fantastic game in the creation thanks a lot. ;)

You should be able to find the other command link which is causing the problem and delete/re-assign it elsewhere.

In practice no difference.

agreed its the same, you us the trim wheels from the CH fighter stick which does the same thing in the game moves your flight stick for trim.

agreed its the same, you us the trim wheels from the CH fighter stick which does the same thing in the game moves your flight stick for trim.

The CH hardware trim will trim the stick (as if entire elevator was adjusted) - meaning that one of the axis will be limited after the trim. In game lagg 3 will use a trim tab. I imagine with trim tabs you would loose less elevator authority, so they are not the same thing :)

Edited by Sim

will be hard to have the free camera view working F11 please so we can make some videos? :)

I have been enjoying flying Lagg and Bf-109, great work in my opinion! Models are beautiful and FM feels realistic.

Cant wait to get ammo and do some shooting :biggrin:

outstanding, simply outstanding. I am in love once again with the mighty 109. it was a shame however to see my landing gear become unattached several times on approach.

please keep up the great work I am loving the teasing.

SYP_iou

The CH hardware trim will trim the stick (as if entire elevator was adjusted) - meaning that one of the axis will be limited after the trim. In game lagg 3 will use a trim tab. I imagine with trim tabs you would loose less elevator authority, so they are not the same thing :)

In theory there's a difference. Whoop-de-doo.

In practice there isn't.

I've tried it and you haven't.

Hey guys

I'm very pleased with the progress so far.

Its only a beta so we cant expect miracles straight away right?

Will there be any tweaking on the 109 engine sound?

To me its not quite there yet and I miss that whistle she has which I think CLOD got very close to?

Keep up the good work guys she'e looking gorgeous!!  :salute:

Keep up the good work...Really enjoying this so far...The breaks between sessions are painful tho...looking forward to the 6th and weapons! And hopefully and additional features you decide to sneak in. Here's hoping the Fly by gets extended... and the 109 flyby sound tweaked

Edited by SDMegOhm

In theory there's a difference. Whoop-de-doo.

In practice there isn't.

I've tried it and you haven't.

Ive also tried it and there is a difference, you lose the full range of motion in the pitch axis by doing this, whereas with a trim tab built into a game you still have the full range of motion, you may not notice it yourself but there is a difference, I owned a CH for 12 years and tried it once or twice but it was not satisfactory, of course in a temporary situation it will work as you require but not a good long term solution, personally I just do as I do in ROF and hold the stick forward.

This is the same when using curves there is always a price to pay at the extreme ends of the range of motion.

Edited by III/JG11_Tiger

Ive also tried it and there is a difference, you lose the full range of motion in the pitch axis by doing this, whereas with a trim tab built into a game you still have the full range of motion, you may not notice it yourself but there is a difference, I owned a CH for 12 years and tried it once or twice but it was not satisfactory, of course in a temporary situation it will work as you require but not a good long term solution, personally I just do as I do in ROF and hold the stick forward.

This is the same when using curves there is always a price to pay at the extreme ends of the range of motion.

As a CH stick owner for the same length of time I agree completely.

As a CH stick owner for the same length of time I agree completely.

Same here. 

I don't have a stick with mechanical trim but...

Let say you can move you stick 5cm forward, without trimming you must hold it 1cm forward to fly straight.

You now have 4cm left.

Now let say you mechanically trim your stick 1cm forward.

You still have 4cm left.

I can't see no different range of motion.

Only change is if you don't use a linear response curve, which is bad practice anw...

So, we paid for it, and can't use it still? What's the deal here? And please, just the rea;l word, none of the fan boi letters or pages of explanations on your feelings about it and so on. Just the re3al word why we can't use this.

.... uhhhh because the sim is only 32% complete as of the last time I booted it up? Maybe... ?

DUUUUHHHH.... :huh::dry:

Let say you can move you stick 5cm forward, without trimming you must hold it 1cm forward to fly straight.

You now have 4cm left.

Now let say you mechanically trim your stick 1cm forward.

You still have 4cm left.

I can't see no different range of motion.

The difference is that if you trim mechanically - you trim entire elevator (pitch) surface, and if you trim using in game controls - you will trim that small trim tab on LaGG-3 elevator surface. I haven't tested this myself (since you can't really, as the trim tab is not yet implemented in game), but at least that's how it should work in practice..

The difference is that if you trim mechanically - you trim entire elevator (pitch) surface, and if you trim using in game controls - you will trim that small trim tab on LaGG-3 elevator surface.

Which then moves the control surface, trim tabs are a little too small to produce any sizable amount of attitude control on their own.

Edited by [JG2]Phant0m

...trim tabs are a little too small to produce any sizable amount of attitude control on their own.

Which is just as well, given that their purpose is to apply a force to the control surface. Accordingly, they move in the opposite direction.

• Upvote 1

So, we paid for it, and can't use it still? What's the deal here? And please, just the rea;l word, none of the fan boi letters or pages of explanations on your feelings about it and so on. Just the re3al word why we can't use this.

Check difference between 'Founder' and 'Buyer'. The amount of money u transfered are u'r investment and will hopefully pay out in a full sim in the future.

Just the re3al word why we can't use this.

you had plenty of real words to read and understand before bying it but u didnt so why should i vaste time me asks

But why? It's still the same 24 hour day. I've only been getting a couple of hours in the evening during the current mid week testing. Not a lot to be sure but it sure has been enjoyable.

Work and study is a bugger cant play it at certain times. It be great if I knew the times when the session goes active so I can enjoy as much as i can :)

you had plenty of real words to read and understand before bying it but u didnt so why should i vaste time me asks

Yes it's just stunning that people can figure out how to use their credit card to buy the game, figure out how to setup joysticks, pedals etc to play the game but just can't seem to figure out how to read the Dev Diary to find out when they have access !

Considering it is the first post in this thread well....

Edited by thx1138
  • Upvote 3

Work and study is a bugger cant play it at certain times. It be great if I knew the times when the session goes active so I can enjoy as much as i can :)

I can understand that. I'm not flying it as much as I'd like but even a few minutes a day is satisfying. Don't miss out completely.