Sign in to follow this  
Zak

Developer Diary, Part 43

Greetings Friends!

The second week of early access featuring Bf-109 F-4 is now over. Thanks for all of your critical comments and positive feedback, but most of all – for your emotions. I think that it's most important that the project calls for so many emotions. It could have been just another game about planes which is not a rare thing these days. But luckily for us - and for your enjoyment - the project does give you emotions. This is the most precious of our goals, and it seems we've are reaching it.

We're at the second stage of the project development: adding, tuning and fixing content. Most technologies are now ready which is what we've been working at all the time before. The second stage is definitely much more interesting both for us and you because all the changes, all the development progress is more obvious. New features are being added daily and others are being improved.

Read more

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

• Upvote 1

AWESOME!!!!!!

What a looong wait.

Happy camper now.....Will even be happier next week around this time.

Way to go!!!

To the team - there are things that bother us (like restricted access) but we are also 100% behind you. You have the best beginning to a sim since 2001!

• Upvote 2

:hunter:

"shouldn't be a problem for skilled pilots"

I read this as everybody will be fine but cacti...he will die a lot lol

Edited by -MG-Cacti4-6
  • Upvote 1

pewpewpew

On a related note, any chance of trim for the LaGG next weekend? Going to be terribly hard to aim when fighting the stick all the time.

• Upvote 2

cant wait !!!! the 109 was a sheer delight in every detail  :)  - i think i even managed to land once or twice without trashing the bird (once). pew pew pew pew pew  :ph34r:

pewpewpew

On a related note, any chance of trim for the LaGG next weekend? Going to be terribly hard to aim when fighting the stick all the time.

Ya. Would love trim enabled on the Lagg - I don't fly it because fighting the plane isn't much fun.

Ya. Would love trim enabled on the Lagg - I don't fly it because fighting the plane isn't much fun.

Now I know that according to the devs (and the pop up prior to getting in game) they say we are not testers. But It's an alpha and i look at my job to this point as a tester. I spent far less time trying to get used to the aircraft with landings and takeoffs and what not and far more time trying to break the two birds. So I spent a lot of time in both doing things that i know should break them (excessive dive speeds, high g turns at excessive speeds, etc). will flying the lagg without trim in this kind of scenario be problematic? yeah. but i also hope to break it easier in the next phase

Maybe.The change log will be posted next week,before the update

I hope you also do the 12.7mm gun for the LaGG!

"Next Friday you'll get the previously known LaGG-3 and Bf-109 F-4, but this time they will get their firepower back. We'll setup 7.62mm and 20mm weapons with historically adequate AR and HE rounds. AI-controlled planes are going to be the targets for you. They will have weapons as well, but they shouldn't be a problem for skilled pilots."

On a side note re trim - if you have a CH stick there's probably hardware trim on the stick. Works for me. Check your stick.

Edited by =38=Tatarenko

Good news for those who couldn't play Tue-Thur. They are in for a treat.

...and we all, I believe, are 100% behind you, devs.

Trim for the LaGG-3 would be nice.

I've missed the first two weeks of alpha testing (damn Far Cry 3!!).  Really looking forward to joining the party next week!  Meanwhile, it's back to RoF for a while.  :D

Beer, guns and fast planes, in the weekend. What could possibly go wrong. :lol:  

Thank you. :salute:

Please is it possible to add a feature to allow us to change the time of day in the missions? Sunset and sunrise look so beautiful. Most players will love that.

Old il2 had that console command to change it. doesn't need to have fancy GUI. Please.

Edited by Jaws2002

On a side note re trim - if you have a CH stick there's probably hardware trim on the stick. Works for me. Check your stick.

Saitek X-52 Pro, no way to deliberately decalibrate it.

So it seems that we'll hopefully see some damage modeling? Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!

The CH trim wheel trims your joystick, not the plane in game. quite a difference.

Ooohhhh momma; it's about to git real all up in here...thank you!

Thanks again for all your hard work. Looking forward to blowing some stuff up.  :biggrin:

I am having a great  time participating in the alpha phase. I have absolutely zero complaints, just great times. I appreciate the team's effort. I am really bonding with the LaGG-3. She is already a joyous, unique, and rewarding ride. I hate parting with her at the end of each access period, but I appreciate the need to role things out in a controlled manner. The approach seems to really pay off, as I encounter absolutely no frustration when I play Il 2 BOS. I am all smiles the whole time I play. Btw, I can't wait for the update announcing the Yak-1, but I get ahead of myself. Thanks for the heads up, Zak! I am looking forward to each and every stage of development.  :salute: MJ

• Upvote 2

Thanks to the devs for outstanding work. The next update sounds exceptional and the weekend access and weapons access is sooner than I expected. So far this project is everything I hoped and expected it would be. I am 100% behind the whole development team. I bought everything RoF has to offer, even though I don't use everything. I will buy everything BoS has to offer too to support it. Let me know what else the average rank and file simmer like me can do to support this

Thas are News "Guns and Targets", but what happened with the Gustav (Bf-109 G-2) --> Missing in Action? :biggrin:

Hi, 

Just curious, will the AI be the one described in DD36 (which sound like a coded piece of art) or a placeholder AI ?

• Upvote 1

Roll on December the 6th.....

Gives me a week to finish tiling the kitchen. That means I'll be in my wife's good books for a change but probably ready to shoot just about anything and everything :-)

It'll be a good time to give things a test.

Great work guys.

The CH trim wheel trims your joystick, not the plane in game. quite a difference.

In practice no difference.

D__N! Will be on a business trip during next phase...just mey luck! Will look forward to screenies & vids just to enjoy from a disatance... :o:

Thanks for being reliable with the updates, its much appreciated here. 

Even on just one 1080p screen and TrackIR the sense of occasion drama weight and actual flight is amazing!

It IS emotional, and I can hardly wait to fly with my son (who is crazy keen on German and Russian WW2 aircraft) in a couple of Oculus Rifts later on in 2014.

Hi, 

Just curious, will the AI be the one described in DD36 (which sound like a coded piece of art) or a placeholder AI ?

welp, i guess we will find out

• Upvote 1

Question for developers ... In an effort to manage expectations ... How much of the new effects - guns, sound, damage will be finished vs WIP in the next update?

Question for developers ... In an effort to manage expectations ... How much of the new effects - guns, sound, damage will be finished vs WIP in the next update?

Well im not a dev obviously but being that we are still in an alpha, I would be shocked if it wasn't a WiP untill very long after release tbh.Sounds and what not can cut out intermittantly, weapons can stop firing unexpectedly, and damage models are tricky to deal with under ideal circumstances. Thus why we are here so early in the process. every one of us has a different setup and us testing this bad boy out will help narrow down issues to specific hardware configurations and allow the devs to adjust on the fly.