Feathered_IV

BoS and SweetFX - Works Great.

That's very strange Fifi. Are you sure the effects are enabled in the settings file? Make sure things are set to 1 instead of 0?

Try enable and disable SweetFX? I can't recall the default key, not the one to reload shaders.

What exactly does SweetFX do for you.  Personally, I like the default colors the developers used in the game.  When I look at the before and after pics the after with just seem a bit darker.  I'd like to install SFX because so many embrace it but others have had issues installing and I unfortunately would probably be in that camp.  I wish someone would come up with an installer or a very easy to follow tutorial.

Smink,

SweetFX is just a graphics "injector" that gives you more control over how the picture looks without the game supporting such options by default. There are like a dozen settings you can change, everything from Anti-Aliasing to Vibrance to Sharpening to a post-effect called Vignette which is the dark filter you are seeing in the pics above. Whats cool is that it rarely hurts performance. In my case I like a bright, colorful and sharp picture, so I have set mine up to do that. Here's a quick example of the difference you'll see with my settings. Others may like different settings.

Months ago I commissioned our friend Gabby aka "Lazer" to build me an app that gave users more control over SweetFX using sliders instead of text edits and making it easy to activate and we called if FlightFX. It works great with ROF and now with BOS, but FlightFX uses SweetFX 1.3 and now they are at 1.5 so we are considering an update. However, SweetFX 1.3 and 1.5 are still very similar and results will be about the same. 1.5 just has some additional options I think.

FlightFX_BOS_1.jpg

Jason

• Upvote 1

@JasonWilliams,

I prefer the right part also.

Left part has a kind of greenish filter.

On a sunny cloudless winterday everything looks as crispy clear as shown in the right part of that screenshot.

That's very strange Fifi. Are you sure the effects are enabled in the settings file? Make sure things are set to 1 instead of 0?

Try enable and disable SweetFX? I can't recall the default key, not the one to reload shaders.

:)  Yes they were activated (not all, but splitscreen for sure)

Gonna re-try this morning...lol

ARGG...for some reason, it is finally working this morning!  :wacko:

Didn't changed anything except restarting PC...so i guess i had to reboot at some point!  :o:  Damned!

All ways of install are working fine (manually inside folders - using JSGME - ROF FlightFX)

I'll stick using ROF FlightFX, as it is way easier to adjust with the sliders.

Nevertheless, the splitscreen option isn't working with BOS and my rig....still don't know why...option is checked, set to 1 for half screen...

Oh well, not that important. Essential is sweetfx is working!

All the examples in this thread look fine for screenshots but they don't look realistic to me.

I prefer the images where no 3rd party fx have been applied, in so far as they appear to be simulating more what the human eye will see.

Fair enough.  I use SweetFX in RoF and now in BoS.  I love it.  I haven't changed any of the colours in RoF but the Luma-sharpening tool really picks out the textures beautifully.

• Upvote 1

ok, following files go into the 2 BOS-Folders:

BOS/bin/game/

d3d9.dll

dxgi.dll

dxgi.fx

injector.ini

BOS/data/

SweetFX-Folder

d3d9.fx

shader.fx

SweetFX readme.txt

SweetFX_preset.txt

SweetFX_settings.txt

Edit: attached a rar-archive. just unpack and put the to folder bin &data into your game folder. Be aware that I already changed the settings. But there is a backup I think in the SweetFX-folder.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3123454/SweetFX%201.5.rar

Thanks for putting this up  :) instant easy install (and works)

Cheers Dakpilot

SweetFX is great, i just use default SMAA, Lumasharpen and vibrance settings. I like especially Lumasharpen, details show much better.

I just tried EAF_Paf setup but i don't see such a difference except in the menu where colors are much heavier. I gave it a try mostly for the snow contrast effect but it's anything like the screens posted here....

Does it have anything to do with the Nvidia settings ?

S!

Did not let me to edit my post, but got it to work. Just had to set the proper DATA folder.

S!

Using FlightFX and IL-2 won't even start :(

Uninstall IE10 and KB2670838 .

BOS/bin/game/

d3d9.dll

dxgi.dll

dxgi.fx

injector.ini

BOS/data/

SweetFX-Folder

d3d9.fx

shader.fx

SweetFX readme.txt

SweetFX_preset.txt

SweetFX_settings.txt

Edit: attached a rar-archive. just unpack and put the to folder bin &data into your game folder. Be aware that I already changed the settings. But there is a backup I think in the SweetFX-folder.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3123454/SweetFX%201.5.rar

I have do this putt the folders in bin and the others in data reboot pc than make a startup icon on my desktop screen ...so fare i understand it

What do i have to do to add bos in sweetfx launcher .....going to BOS/BIN/GAME file and have open the folder game see lot of files only dont know were i can find BOS.EXE.. What is the name of that separate game folder ....Faetheard_IV is speaking of in that post i post under here

can someone help me please ....never have work whit sweetfx before

Already thxxx  greezzz NastyDog

RoF's exe is in the Bin_Game folder. Whereas BoS has a Bin folder, then within that there is a separate Game folder that has the exe

That caught me out when I first started setting up..

Edited by NastyDog

The screenies look great! Thanks for posting the pictures. I haven't yet installed Sweetfx for BOS, since I really like the way BOS looks, as is, but I will try out Sweetfx, soon. Thanks again for all of the great screenies.  :salute: MJ

Edited by =69.GIAP=MIKHA

Nastydog, download FlightFx from the Rof forums

You set the game path to:

\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\Il-2.exe

And then you need to set data folder to:

\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data

Edited by Calvamos

n

All the examples in this thread look fine for screenshots but they don't look realistic to me.

I have to agree. Coming from a part of the world where we do have full, deep snow covers, the SweetFX looks off. Snow is white, and in sunshine it is blindingly so.

• Upvote 1

Nastydog, download FlightFx from the Rof forums

You set the game path to:

\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\Il-2.exe

And then you need to set data folder to:

\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data

Oke thxx i sall try that Calvamos

If i need some more help can i than send a pm to you ?

Thx all for the hint about FlightFX, tried it yesterday on RoF and it worked well. Now waiting for Friday to have it at BoS. Does anybody have a profile txt for BoS already?

Best, Allons!

Hm, i wanted to see wether the effects were real or just placebo, so i took another time in real testing and realized my installation WAS placebo..

Tried it in RoF, maxed out Sepia and Splitscreen to see wether it works. Spent an evening checking/unchecking everything in and under trees starting game stopping game checking program checking load unload reload shaders keys checking files copied to folders checking files are touched (last changes entry for the settings.txt in windows explorer matches wasted evening date) going to bed reading RoF forum third times realizing has to be run in admin mode (for last changes entry matches now)  goto 10 still no effect. Win 7 AMD64 here, GTX 760 R331 drivers. Any hints? Game is still great with or without FlightFX.. :coffee:

Edited by Stab/ZG26-Allons

AHA, i deleted KB2670838 from my system, restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled FlightFX (running the installer as admin), checked the files and realized  :o:  that the .fx files were NOT copied into the exe folder. Manually did that and now it works and is ready for fiddling..

:biggrin:

Suggestion: Advise ppl to check for KB2670838 and advise them to manually check that all files are properly copied..

Best, Allons!

Edited by Stab/ZG26-Allons

S!

For me those KB things do not apply on Windows 8.1 I guess ;) My error was the DATA folder, pointed to wrong one. Changed and worked fine :) Interesting to tweak stuff.

Those settings files need editing i suppose. I'm trying to give them a try but I see they are different in structure (read written) from the original.

Edited by [JG2]The_Blackadder

Can't enable SweetFX via FlightFX in this latest build with the new launcher.  Enabling FlightFX makes the game crash or fail to launch.  Disabling FlightFX and game launches and runs fine but no SweetFX.

Any ideas?

Aha!!  Just realised.  Its a new install so no shader effects in Data folder. Sorted.

Ok, downloaded latest sweetfx 1.5 (shader.fx inside) and installed as per FuriousMeow advice strictly.

Still nothing in game.

I really don't understand as i play with sweetfx for long time now. All my previous install were fine.

I use it in ROF and COD via FlightFX with success. Even in DCS it was working fine (but i didn't liked it that much there)

For BOS, both path are setted correctly in FlightFX. No go.

SweetFX manually installed doesn't work either.

This is again a very weird computer issue i'm used to!  :lol:

It's not working for me either, used the guide a few post up files in the bin\game folder and files in the data folder.   There's no change in color in the game using the scroll lock everything stay the same.

Ok, downloaded latest sweetfx 1.5 (shader.fx inside) and installed as per FuriousMeow advice strictly.

Still nothing in game.

I really don't understand as i play with sweetfx for long time now. All my previous install were fine.

I use it in ROF and COD via FlightFX with success. Even in DCS it was working fine (but i didn't liked it that much there)

For BOS, both path are setted correctly in FlightFX. No go.

SweetFX manually installed doesn't work either.

This is again a very weird computer issue i'm used to!  :lol:

It's not working for me either, used the guide a few post up files in the bin\game folder and files in the data folder.   There's no change in color in the game using the scroll lock everything stay the same.

So after a lot of search and I mean a lot, turns out you have to disable in game anti-aliasing to make sweet fx / flight fx work.   Maybe I missed it but it took me 3+ hours to finally find that tid bit of information in the technical forums.   grrrrrrrrrrr

So after a lot of search and I mean a lot, turns out you have to disable in game anti-aliasing to make sweet fx / flight fx work.   Maybe I missed it but it took me 3+ hours to finally find that tid bit of information in the technical forums.   grrrrrrrrrrr

Yes, in these latest builds something is going on a with AA in game and SweetFX will only work with in game AA disabled.  Good point though; we now have a lot of useful information and tips buried in an increasingly busy forum.  We could do with a sticky for all this stuff to be gathered in.

PLUS 1!

Best to keep this as a sticky - was away for a while did the latest update and no SFX! LOL

had to nix the in game AA, all is good. Thanks for the tip guys!

BOS/bin/game/

d3d9.dll

dxgi.dll

dxgi.fx

injector.ini

BOS/data/

SweetFX-Folder

d3d9.fx

shader.fx

SweetFX readme.txt

SweetFX_preset.txt

SweetFX_settings.txt

This is still correct as of June 2014, with SweetFx 1.5. And yes, AA has to be disabled in the game for SweetFx to work. And yes, FiFi's preset is still awesome!

Got my SweetFX working today, thx to EAF_Paf for his install instructions!

BoS settings: Balanced, AA = 0, Gamma = 0.9

Left original | right SweetFX

l27q9z9o.jpg

pow8lvp9.jpg

And full SweetFX cockpit:

fkenx3vd.jpg

Hey stuka are you using any gfx card induced AA? I use 2x from nvidia and i find this is a great substitute for the in game AA. ive even started loading different profiles for different times of day in BOS.