Manu653

Saturday Night Bombers Flight

Jizzo in a Pe-2?! My world is upside down  ;)

Edit: Jizzo you should come fly Il-2 with me and p3z

Haha, love it! 

Swear and myself are going "parcel service" on this one...  :cool:

KG4 may be a bit thin for the next couple of weeks.  It's a long weekend over here followed by a week of school holiday.  Family stuff will be a priority for a few of us.

KG4 may be a bit thin for the next couple of weeks.  It's a long weekend over here followed by a week of school holiday.  Family stuff will be a priority for a few of us.

I agree. Due to Memorial Day weekend, I am postponing the SBF event until June 3rd. See you guys then!

I agree. Due to Memorial Day weekend, I am postponing the SBF event until June 3rd. See you guys then!

Where can we apply for june 3

we need 3x 109 f2 for JG11

Thx

Saturday Bomber Flights Hosted by [TWB] on June 3rd @ 19:00 UTC: "Dragoon"

Other Timezones:
Pacific Time, PT 12:00 noon PDT 
Mountain Time, MT 1:00 pm MDT 
Central Time, CT 2:00 pm CDT 
Eastern Time, ET 3:00 pm EDT 
Greenwich Mean Time, GMT 7:00 pm GMT 
British Summer Time, BST 8:00 pm BST 
Berlin, Germany 9:00 pm CEST 
Moscow, Russia 10:00 pm MSK

3QjXylw.jpg

Date: September 15th, 1941
Time: 0645 local time
Winds: 1m/s @ ground level, 2m/s @ 5000m
Wind Direction: From 60* (+/- 5*)
Clouds: Light @ 900m

Temp: 14c 

~~~~~~
Known Objectives:

• Skirmishing at 1209
  • Russian controlled Weapons Factory in Volokolamsk in 1315
  • Russian controlled Oil Wells in 1012, 1013, and 1014
  • Russian Staging Area in 1511

~~~~~~~~
Situation:

I believe, gentleman, that you know me well enough to know that I am not a bloodthirsty person; I am not a man who takes pleasure or joy when something rough must be done. However on the other hand, I have such good nerves and such a developed sense of duty – I can say that much for myself – that when I recognize something as necessary I can implement it without compromise. We must push to Moscow before winter sets in. Now, my pilots, rise up, and let the storm break loose!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pilot slots:
Axis - 30 total slots (12 fighters, 6 attackers, 10 bombers, 2 transports)
BF109E7 - 4

1.) [TWB]Sketch
2.)
3.)
4.)

BF109F2 - 8
1.) [TWB]WulfeCub_
2.) II/JG11ATLAN
3.) II/JG11PUMA
4.) II/JG11TONN
5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

Ju87 - 6
1.) GrendelsDad
2.)
3.)
4.)

5.)

6.)

Ju88 - 2
1.)
2.)

He111 - 8
1.)1./KG4_OldJames
2.)1./KG4_Blackwolf
3.)
4.)
5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

Ju52 - 2
1.)
2.)

Allied - 30 total slots (12 fighters, 10 attackers, 6 bombers)
i16 - 6

1.)
2.)

3.)
4.)

5.)

6.)

MiG3 - 6
1.) AB1AB1 Richard
2.)19//Sabot
3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

IL2 1941 - 10
1.)19//p3zman
2.)19//curiousGamblerr
3.)CPTN_Pike*HarryM
4.) CptJackSparrow
5.)19//Tuesday
6.)
7.)
8.)

9.)

10.)

Pe2 Series 35 - 6

1.)JimTM
2.) [TWB]Jizzo
3.) Gramps
4.) [TWB]Swear
5.)
6.)

Patrol areas and Targeting to be sent via weblink 24 hours before mission start time.
Server is THE EAGLE'S NEST
Sever settings for Saturday Bomber Flights will be Full CEM, No Icon, No Navigational aides.
Teamspeak communictions will be hosted by [TWB] -> ts3.thewetbandits.org
Backup TS Address will be the Official BoS server (8.3.5.133:9407) password bos2014; in one of the MP Channels.

Signup via google docs ->> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScDiI-PALyphkeYULL6b_j94UwAsLovQEYvbn5NMAzVwi2eXg/viewform

Edited by [TWB]Sketch

Just a heads up...

We've moved to a new server. *cheer* This server is more powerful, and has more bandwith. Having said that, we haven't had a good amount of players on the server to really stress test it. Additionally, the stats system is not working with the new server, and I'm not certain it will be up and running by Saturday. So please bear​ bare with us if shit breaks.

In other news, we have 44 slots left for this Saturday's event. Ironically those open slots are mostly fighter craft. Be sure to sign up here -> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScDiI-PALyphkeYULL6b_j94UwAsLovQEYvbn5NMAzVwi2eXg/viewform

Edited by [TWB]Sketch

Looks quiet at work so hopefully I can fly! Could I have an e7 if possible, Sketch, but feel free to put me anywhere on either side in any type of plane should balance require it.

disappointing turnout for an excellent map. 

Sorry Sketch hasnt had the support he deserves.

If you try SNBF again, I will be there, and hopefully so will more people.

Our unit has been in transition for about 2 months now.  Some looking to gear up for DCS and tweaking the Normandy Map, some looking to go back into CLoD and gearing up for the Tobruk Theater, and some sticking with BOS.  For the most part it's been tough begging for players even when our unit sponsored SNBF and we ran into this same problem.  The player base is weak right now and it's tough to commit to a specific time slot.  What's good for NA isn't for EU and we really need both of them in the mix to come up with the numbers.  

I'm hoping our unit can find our niche again, but right now it's in flux.  Personally, I've had so much work and family stuff happening, I've been absent from just about everything.  

Kudos to Sketch and his efforts to make this work, and I hope the numbers increase very soon.  Summer is a tough time for CFS.

Edited by 4./JG52_Neun
  • Upvote 1

Any chance that the server could go up permanently? Very satisfying finding a target with no map icons, even more so hitting them.

Edited by 1./KG4_OldJames

Is this going on this weekend? 

I hope so, but with no info yet I'm inclined to think not. Maybe due to such a low turn-out last week, or other commitments by Sketch?

Edited by Gramps

I think you're right Gramps. If it was going on this week we would have had our briefing packs by now. Summer is a hard time for CFS. Maybe run it once a month for now?

No and No.

Not 100% sure, but i think this thread can get deleted.

Edited by [TWB]Jizzo

Its a lot of work to get it going, building missions, all the planning, rounding up pilots and so on. Maybe if The Wet Bandits teamed up with another squad or two to help out with all that it takes to run it? 

A real shame since I think that with the surge of new players there is a good chance of getting decent attendence

Might want to look back about 4 or 5 posts

• Upvote 1

You have to have a lot of things in order to accomplish what TxTip is doing weekly.

You need:

A network administrator to help setup and maintain

- A functioning server that can support 40+ players

- a database where the mission designer can deposit his missions

- a place for the designer to test his missions on a multiplayer platform

A web designer to handle:

- the website for stats tracking

A log parser:

- to read the log and adjust points as players start to complain about their stats and scores

A veteran pilot:

- Someone to lead the "other side" that the mission designer is not on

A PR guy to handle:

- constantly maintaining a "signed up" log each week

- sending briefings to every signed up pilot on Thursday or Friday

- promoting the missions, and weekly sign ups

- the guy that didn't sign up, or shows up late all the time (really? SIGN UP ALREADY)

- the guys that complain about how lights ruined their fun... and so close to the holidays too

And of course, a mission designer:

- to research historical battles to keep the missions as historical as possible

-  to create compelling missions every week within historical context with as much realism as possible

- but make sure the mission has enough icons and references so pilots can actually find each other to battle (because who the heck reads the mission briefs anyway?)

- to generate briefing files for both Axis and Allied pilots 

When it comes to FNBF, all these guys are a single person - TxTip. Lucky for him, the UK pilots seem to love FNBF. (I too love FNBF, but I work during the day.) However, when I did exactly the same thing as Tx_Tip, but on Saturdays during American prime time - no one came. And when I did get a handful of players; they were upset about how there was no one to play against, or how hardware wasn't fast enough for them, or how the stats miscalculated something for their flight, or how the mission designs weren't historically accurate ("it was the 42nd army not the 41st!"), or that their plane had locked this or that and it wasn't fair.. or it was something else. By far, the worst though was that no one really showed up.

After working all week on a sweet mission, I had no one to show the mission off to. Which was like a knife to my heart.

I'm not sure if it's an American thing (because they won't fly in TAW/Random Expert/Finnish VirtualPilots either), or if Saturday was the issue, or because I ran my events during the summer months, or what... If I were to do it again, I would want at least a server that can handle 40+ people, and 20-30 people who sign up pretty regularly, as the UK crowd does for TxTip. Now, I just make multiplayer missions for shits and giggles... With no one to host my missions, American players only playing on Warthunder PLUS... err I mean Wings of Liberty, and a slew of other great dynamic campaigns such as TAW - is there really a need for SNBF?

Something to chew on...

Edited by [TWB]Sketch

I am sorry for that and understood but no idea how to change it

Edited by II/JG11ATLAN

- the guys that complain about how lights ruined their fun... and so close to the holidays too

I guess this one is for me, but that's fair. :biggrin::P

What some of us, french missions designers, do is asking one who already have a strong server not used every night if it's possible to host missions more or less regularly (every week or 1 out of 2) and we are really greatful to him.

Have you ever tried this option ?