Han

Game version 1.107 discussion: Bf 109 F-2, IL-2 mod.1941, Pe-2 series 35 + 1.107b

Unlike with CloD where the game still has major performance issues, It's very simple... If your CPU, mobo, memory or graphics card are over eight years old, upgrading them will increase game performance.

Here's a few things to note:

- If your CPU was not manufactured within the last five years, it needs to be upgraded.

- If your mobo doesn't support at least 8GB of DDR3 memory, it's too old.

- If your graphics card is an nVidia and isn't a 700 hundred or 900 hundred series or is a (6,7,9) 50 series card, it isn't good enough. *60, maybe.

- If your graphics card is a Radeon, may god have mercy on your soul. Just kidding, R9 280 oc or better will run it well (based on benchmarks I've seen)

I suggest a trip to tom's hardware (literally type www dot toms hardware dot com and you're there) to see charts of all kinds of PC components and their benchmarked performance.

After that it comes down to this:

- Close all background tasks while gaming.

- Disable your antivirus while gaming. Doesn't matter how killer your system is, antivirus eats performance for breakfast, lunch, dinner and midnight snack.

- Optimize YOUR machine. Make sure chipset drivers are up-to-date, video drivers. In fact, make sure every driver you have for everything is up to date. Don't create a weak link.

- Update your OS as far as you can without upgrading, unless that's what you want to do and that's your choice no one will judge you for it.

- Windows systems need to make sure you have your system page file setup to either do auto or at least the size of your total memory. Windows _REQUIRES_ page files to operate properly. There is no way around it. You will get low memory warnings and piss-poor performance with it turned off even though only 20% of your physically memory is actually being used. It's how windows works. Swap file required.

Once you've done all that then do this:

- If the game is still not running to your liking, then complain away. But if you get this far the game will be running great and you will have nothing to complain about other than OP russia planes and OP german planes and OP menus, etc, etc.

All good points. I will say that having done a recent upgrade (Core i5 6600, 8gb DDR4, GTX 960) that the game still doesn't run as smoothly as I would have hoped. Much smoother than my old system (Core i7 870, 12gb DDR3, GTX 570) but certainly not leaps and bounds above. BoS is definitely a hog of all of your system resources and it'll suck up whatever you can give to it.

Some optimization is likely possible given enough time spent. But I'm sure that is no easy task.

I will say that having done a recent upgrade (Core i5 6600, 8gb DDR4, GTX 960)

Just to clear things up a little, sorry to hijack the thread...

.. 960 is okay.. *60 series are okay but if you want real graphical performance from nVidia you have to go 970 or 980. Those cards are where you will see your graphical performance jump up, as well as the price. Your 570 is a good card, but lacks newer technologies because it's a 500. But it is powerful because it is a 70. Now your 960 is a good card because it has all the latest technologies. But it's a 60 series, which is less powerful than a 70. So with nVidia the hundreds can represent newer technologies, 500, 600, 700, 900.. And the tens represents raw power and ability, 50, 60, 70, 80... 50 is basically the cheap economy card for us poor people. Hope that explains it a little.

Other than that, your CPU and memory are sound.

/hijacked

Also BoS is very CPU heavy, so if you can get the CPU to overclock to 4.5Ghz you will get a lot of performance gains, and considering you have i5 6600k you should be able to OC it provided you didn't cheap out on the powersupply and have a Z170 chipset Motherboard. If you have non K,skylakes will still overclock, but Intel might but a stop to that.

Edited by RoflSeal

Tried a number of times, however I receive a dialog box that say " Mission Editor has stopped working and will shut down ", any other options to fix this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

If opening the files in .mission format in the editor doesn't work for you, I am not sure what else could be done. It sounds like your ME might have been corrupted by the last update.

Edited by Juri_JS

If opening the files in .mission format in the editor doesn't work for you, I am not sure what else could be done. It sounds like your ME might have been corrupted by the last update.

I came to the same conclusions. Tried to reinstall the game. No success..

Tried a number of times, however I receive a dialog box that say " Mission Editor has stopped working and will shut down ", any other options to fix this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

First you have to delete all .msnbin files in your mission folder, (The old .msnbin files /before1.107/  don't let Mission Editor load the mission files) then if you have to many mission files, i suggest efter you started Mission Editor oppen them one by one and resave them again, if you do as above it will take to long time and for some reson Mission Editor will fail to build up the new.msnbin files for some missions, why i don't know?

Edited by G_GART

Old missions don't have the "Atmosphere options" in new format (April 2015 update), can be the issue.

Old missions don't have the "Atmosphere options" in new format (April 2015 update), can be the issue.

Yes you are right. My tests show that mission files with the old clouds type format cause an "Error reading mission file!" when I try to open them in ME. A solution I've found, is to use first the "Resave All Missions in Folder" tool and afterwards it's possible to open the files in ME and change the clouds type setting.

If I get this right... the dev's have changed the game structure and no previous user missions will now work?

First you have to delete all .msnbin files in your mission folder, (The old .msnbin files /before1.107/  don't let Mission Editor load the mission files) then if you have to many mission files, i suggest efter you started Mission Editor oppen them one by one and resave them again, if you do as above it will take to long time and for some reson Mission Editor will fail to build up the new.msnbin files for some missions, why i don't know?

Thanks, this fixed it for me.

If I get this right... the dev's have changed the game structure and no previous user missions will now work?

Not quite. They have to be properly ported over to work in the newest update. It's not automatic and takes some finesse.

Forgot to post back here. While the La-5 is still a handful (as it was, really), the LaGG-3 is very docile on the ground. You can thunder down the runway without the fear of spinning out at 120km/h. Great patch so far :)

• Upvote 1

Yes you are right. My tests show that mission files with the old clouds type format cause an "Error reading mission file!" when I try to open them in ME. A solution I've found, is to use first the "Resave All Missions in Folder" tool and afterwards it's possible to open the files in ME and change the clouds type setting.

As they talk on russian-speaking forum, problem might be in symbols '" and/or non-latin (cyrillic, for example) symbols in mission.

Didn't check it myself yet, but it seems like it really helps.

Thank you for the update!

After resave some single missions I can't  get in my plane. Sometimes I be shown as killed right after the start of the mission. I can normal choose the airplane configuration, the HUD is active , but my player aircraft isn't available.(see the picture). What is wrong?

Thank you.

post-47151-0-62665500-1456426127_thumb.jpgpost-47151-0-72158500-1456426128_thumb.jpg

Edited by capitan_arndt

Just to clear things up a little, sorry to hijack the thread...

.. 960 is okay.. *60 series are okay but if you want real graphical performance from nVidia you have to go 970 or 980. Those cards are where you will see your graphical performance jump up, as well as the price. Your 570 is a good card, but lacks newer technologies because it's a 500. But it is powerful because it is a 70. Now your 960 is a good card because it has all the latest technologies. But it's a 60 series, which is less powerful than a 70. So with nVidia the hundreds can represent newer technologies, 500, 600, 700, 900.. And the tens represents raw power and ability, 50, 60, 70, 80... 50 is basically the cheap economy card for us poor people. Hope that explains it a little.

Other than that, your CPU and memory are sound.

/hijacked

I know all of these things :)

The 570 was a great card... but my new 960 easily outperforms it. Also price point wise I bought the 570 years ago for the same as the 960 now. Thank the oil prices and the dipping Canadian dollar versus the US one.

Back on topic now...

So when will you finally add the custom difficulty option for campaign? People have been asking for it for years!

They aren't. If you want that sort of thing, download PWCG. 

They aren't. If you want that sort of thing, download PWCG. 

I respectfully disagree.especially those of us with Microsoft FFB sticks.If you go back to the very start of BoS you will see that many of us have have severe oscillation problems with most ( but in particular with the Fw-190) fighter aircraft making steady flight & shooting problematic.I have managed to tone this down marginally through stick sensitivity & axis adjustments in controls and get through the entire first Winter campaign with the Bf-109 & Fw-190, but it was neither fun nor pretty, I have found that by simply adding more rudder authority & less gyroscopic effects in custom settings goes a long long way in making the flight experience more control-able.

Having said that you are absolutely correct about the PWCG which I feel is the single best 3rd party addition to BoS and it has that added benefit of what i feel added immersion in its missions.

I don't know what Campaign(s) is/are initially to be included in BoM but I do hope it/they will be more like il-2's campaigns ( i.e. named pilots in inventive ,immersive missions,) than what was initially offered in BoS.Ditto initial single missions..Oh yes & do something about MS FFB controllers.. ;)

Great! I tried a bunch of times and the dumps werent there (before the patch). Ill try next time i have a memory error crash.

Edited by Jade_Monkey

Ah good thank you Hans now I have something to do while I sit here at home recovering.

So I'm assuming the surgery went well?

Short update

Update 1.107c

Only one change: fixed application crash dump saving. So now we may to proceed with Crash-bugs causes investigation.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/21111-finding-cause-random-crash-issue-special-thread-1/

@Han, a quick question.

A new problem now, is also the FREEZE, different from CTD. This new log system will report also this freeze problem? It's becoming a big iusse online also with high systems. Thank for the CTD report fix.

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro
  • Upvote 1

The freeze is worse than a CTD, as I cannot kill the task, but have to reboot the system. Even if I reach the desktop, it doesn´t help, as the mouse pointer is gone.

The freeze is worse than a CTD, as I cannot kill the task, but have to reboot the system. Even if I reach the desktop, it doesn´t help, as the mouse pointer is gone.

I have had this, start command prompt in administrator mode and type

tasklist

and then 

taskkill  /F /IM Il-2.exe

I have had this, start command prompt in administrator mode and type

tasklist

and then 

taskkill  /F /IM Il-2.exe

Thanks !

hi Han, I have been trying to update for three days now, at different times of the day. I never get an OK to update, just a message that I need to update. Is it a server down time problem? I am in the US, Central Time Zone, what is the best time to try to update? Or is something else wrong on my end?

Please Advise, I missed out on some primo flying time over the weekend because of this.

hi Han, I have been trying to update for three days now, at different times of the day. I never get an OK to update, just a message that I need to update. Is it a server down time problem? I am in the US, Central Time Zone, what is the best time to try to update? Or is something else wrong on my end?

Please Advise, I missed out on some primo flying time over the weekend because of this.

If you are not on Steam, just delete the contwnts of the folder named Update and start the launcher.