Han

Game version 1.107 discussion: Bf 109 F-2, IL-2 mod.1941, Pe-2 series 35 + 1.107b

Update 1.107

Dear IL-2 Sturmovik players!

Our team is proud to present you the new update 1.107. Preparing it was not an easy task, since it brings three new planes at once: Bf 109 F-2, IL-2 mod.1941 and Pe-2 series 35. In addition, there are many fixes and a number of improvements. Thankfully, we were able to finish it in time, thus delivering three new planes to Battle of Moscow owners in the end of January, as it was promised. You can learn about main features of these planes in our developer diary #117.

The work on the remaining Battle of Moscow content continues according to plan and the next update will bring you the final, 10th, aircraft of BoM project: German bomber Ju 88 A-4. Moscow map is closer and closer to its final look and the work on the campaign continues as well. Therefore, we plan to finish the entire project in time and release it to you this spring.

Here is the change list for today patch:

News on 1.107 update, full text

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 12

Thanks!

Hit effects corrected, they appear closer to a fast moving plane - need to test this asap

• Upvote 1

Very good stuff! You guys just continue to deliver at an impressive rate :good:

Very glad to hear about smoke and vapor trails now being affected by wind. Having those "side slipping" trails always was a big immersion killer.

Also glad to hear of the 3D model corrections to the MiG. Does that concern the too rounded spinner, the lower cowling or the too small gauges and stick in the cockpit? (Maybe all of it?)

You guys rock! Best and fastest dev team in the sim business.

8. Critical speed (when rudder and ailerons start to shake) increased for all Bf-109 modifications (based on German test report and several pilot memoirs).

Typo ? You mean "decreased" instead of "increased" no ?

Long list of improvements once again!

And of course the planes :)

Nice work, thanks for delivering on time.

Does the RPM Controll work for you in the new Pe 2?

It works similar to the 109's in manual mode it seams

Edited by Saurer

can't control the water radiator of the F-2 manually. can anyone reproduce that?

Yes

can't control the water radiator of the F-2 manually. can anyone reproduce that?

That's by design - it can only be set to fully open or fully closed.

Great accomplishment devs! Congratulations!

I'm really looking forward to the Ju-88 and the new map.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Nice update. Cant wait to check out the planes.

Always good to see that even older elements of the game keep being polished.

I've assigned buttons for it as the plane doesn't have a control wheel, but it takes 35 seconds approx. to go from 0-100% at 1% increments. Is that what it's supposed to do?

Cheers.

That's by design - it can only be set to fully open or fully closed.

but it's stuck at 60% when i use manual mode. shouldn't it be 100% in that case?

Edited by I./JG3_Asgar

Thanks dev team ! Great work !

28. German bomb detonators now function correctly when dropped from extremely low (5-10 m) altitudes.

Yeah !!! I will finally stop autosuiciding myself on derpy drops  :P

I hope that data collecting will enable you to quickly find the source of the memory adress crashes.

I've assigned buttons for it as the plane doesn't have a control wheel, but it takes 35 seconds approx. to go from 0-100% at 1% increments. Is that what it's supposed to do?

Yes

8. Critical speed (when rudder and ailerons start to shake) increased for all Bf-109 modifications (based on German test report and several pilot memoirs).

Typo ? You mean "decreased" instead of "increased" no ?

Hairy:

I think what this means is that those control surfaces will not start to shake until the plane is going faster than it is set to right now.

do you think the 109 is too stable pre patch?

Edited by SYN_Mike77

Thanks, 

this is a super impressive update and list of improvements. Can't wait to give it a whirl!

cheers

And the part that really counts...

... the next update will bring you the final, 10th, aircraft of BoM project: German bomber Ju 88 A-4. ...

... :)

• Upvote 1

Good job devs! I have never even dreamed of the day when smoke/vapor will be affected by wind.. I think ARMA is still struggling with this.. and somehow it was so easy for you to implement. Always impressed with the talent you have there.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the update.

Really nice..but in Bf 109 F2 manual radiator arrived max to 60%..it 's correct?

In manual mode pilot switches off thermostat, so radiator is no longer automatically regulated and moves to streamwise position, roughly 60%. You can't close it or fully open, effectively you cease control of it.

In manual mode pilot switches off thermostat, so radiator is no longer automatically regulated and moves to streamwise position, roughly 60%. You can't close it or fully open, effectively you cease control of it.

ok, thanks for the info. i didn't know that!  :salute:  

while you're here: can we find the info about how long we can use the F-2 in combat power, emergency power etc. somewhere in the forums?

Edited by I./JG3_Asgar

I was looking forward to this , but the 109 drivers got it there way, the gunners now do not detect attacking aircraft. This is just a playground for fighters. If developers always going to listen to 109 pilots, I just do not get why bother building Bombers

• Upvote 2

Are you sure? I just played a quick mission with il-2s against 110s. Gave the gunners the order to engage at long range and they did exactly that, blasting away from quite a long way off.