Elem

Mig-3 Series 24 Skins

2K - Normandie Niemen Skins for the MIG-3.

The skins are from the Yak1, Yak3 and Yak7 the authentic planes of the normandie niemen regiment. 

The normandie niemen has never flown the MIG-3 but maybe someone of you want to fly the normandie niemen colors/skins also with the MIG-3.

Work is in progress

---------------------------------------

Pictures of the planes:

Normandie Niemen OO

nn_oo2gszi.jpg

Normandie Niemen 3

nn_3zesyb.jpg

Normandie Niemen 5

nn_5irs3c.jpg

Normandie Niemen 6

nn_60ksmg.jpg

Normandie Niemen 7

nn_7c6sl6.jpg

Normandie Niemen 22

nn_225vsou.jpg

Normandie Niemen 24

nn_24gps7k.jpg

Normandie Niemen 40

nn_40vcsct.jpg

Edited by LesG
  • Like 1

All planes at the airfield

nnsquad01rok8j.jpg

nnsquad02r0j8k.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

All planes in the sky 

nnair01inkn4.jpg

nnair02lykin.jpg

nnair03q2jtw.jpg

nnair04h9jkj.jpg

nnair05xkjfw.jpg

nnair076ajsb.jpg

nnair08mbk1o.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All skins are finished -  download links below

slideshow of all skins:

*************************DOWNLOAD***************************

0008bsml.jpg  Download Skin OO (2K)

003irs2y.jpg  Download Skin 3 (2K)

0059ks4t.jpg  Download Skin 5 (2K)

006lasda.jpg  Download Skin 6 (2K)

007e4sqk.jpg  Download Skin 7 (2K)

022p5sqj.jpg  Download Skin 22 (2K)

0240zsvb.jpg  Download Skin 24 (2K)

040fes47.jpg  Download Skin 40 (2K)

Have Fun with it

Edited by LesG
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

MIG3 WIP soon at M4T , each will have 12 sets of skins .

interface MIG 3 7 IAP.jpg

interface Mig3 7 IAP.jpg

interface MIG 16 IAP.jpg

2.jpg

more

interface mig 3 34 IAP.jpg

interface mig 3 16 IAP 6 IAK.jpg

Edited by dog1
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ya' REALLY have to love this plane to find any skin that makes it look REMOTELY attractive but Dog1 and LesG managed to excel at it. Bravo fellas !!! Sharp !! 

This plane hit every branch of the ugly tree on the way down  when the Russians dropped it out of the factory. 😎

Edited by Misty06

15 hours ago, Misty06 said:

Ya' REALLY have to love this plane to find any skin that makes it look REMOTELY attractive but Dog1 and LesG managed to excel at it. Bravo fellas !!! Sharp !! 

This plane hit every branch of the ugly tree on the way down  when the Russians dropped it out of the factory. 😎

Rubbish!   It is one of the most beautiful aircraft in the game! 😛

126581_original.jpg

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

HA !!  Let's just agree they make it look good !! The last one I saw tonight was on fire headed into a river.

SWEET skins in that shot !!

On 8/18/2019 at 11:43 PM, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Rubbish!   It is one of the most beautiful aircraft in the game! 😛

I reckon for the intent of looks only, that the LA-5's ( come to think of it YAK too) absolutely takes the cake for sheer ugliness, smacked around the head by the ugly stick (and they broke it too) and was chasing parked tanks as well as the tree description above. 🤮

On 3/25/2018 at 8:57 AM, Wolfram-Harms said:

Just uploaded 4 skins of the MiG-3, which I had made for myself and friends. We don't want to hog them.

The skins are not historical, but fictional, but I used the Russian camouflage colors. Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/679on9sbn1uufsk/MiG-3_Skins.7z

Black Death.jpg

hey mate. I downloaded your skins and Im enjoying them so far. I love the one with a small red "tulip" (I mean the "hasse parade" skin; I think its a tulip, or maybe the communist red star? IDK). 

I will dare to ask you for a favor tho (if you have the time and the wish to do it, of course): could you make the same skin that "black death" but with a yellow "tulip" in the nose (like the "hasse parade" "tulip" one) and with no red communist stars and any "text" or "numbers" in the plane? Its only for personal reasons that I want it, of course everyone can use it, but I doubt people wants a mig with a yellow tulip on its nose😂.

I have not the slightest idea of how much time and effort making a skin takes, so I feel Im maybe asking for too much, so sorry if it's unpolite from my part.

The day I learn to skin (Im totally ugly at design and such things but I will try), I promise I gonna return the favor back :)

Posted (edited)

Giving the MiG3 some love.

4K using the latest template for version 4.005 and later.  Sorry for breaking the existing skins folks but there were a lot of fixes needed for my favourite Russian bird.

https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/6CBNxyCsqT

Includes version with and without markings.

NOTE: Improved version uploaded with panel variations on the wood.  Images updated to show this.

EDIT: Changed radio mast to wood rather than metal.

MiG3_Unpainted_3.jpg

MiG3_Unpainted_2.jpg

MiG3_Unpainted_1.jpg

Edited by ICDP
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, ICDP said:

Sorry for breaking the existing skins folks but there were a lot of fixes needed for my favourite Russian bird.

In what way is it 'broken'?    I dabble in making skins and I am worried that I need to do something now.   Is it that any *new* skins I make based on your old PDF template will not look exactly right any more but existing DDS files are fine?   

Posted (edited)

From the top of my head and the most obvious ones.

Completely New tyres

New rivet and screw layout in many areas

New panel layout around the nose area

New wheel well detail

There are also some minor detail changes, all done to make the in sim MiG more historically accurate. I did debate using the stock layout when I was asked to redo the MiG3 in 4K, but in the end I decided I wanted more accuracy.

Obviously the old skins still fit by and large but lines and rivets will not line up 100%.

Edited by ICDP
  • Thanks 1

Great job on the attention to details with the new default skins! I see a lot of historical improvements.

23 hours ago, ICDP said:

Obviously the old skins still fit by and large but lines and rivets will not line up 100%.

Soviet quality control at it's finest, comrade...😆

Actually, by war's end the German aircraft industry was churning out utter crap build quality and Russian aircraft had excellent fit and finish.

Thanks for this skin. I really like the unpainted look.

Had to take her out for a spin 😀

MiG 3 low.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/11/2020 at 5:58 PM, ICDP said:

4K using the latest template for version 4.005 and later.  Sorry for breaking the existing skins folks but there were a lot of fixes needed for my favourite Russian bird.

https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/GafdUqc9sy

NOTE: Improved version uploaded with panel variations on the wood.  Images updated to show this.

MiG3_Unpainted_3.jpg

MiG3_Unpainted_2.jpg

MiG3_Unpainted_1.jpg

I wonder if it would be better to use something like this as a base layer for all the planes and then create your paint chips by scratching transparent holes in the color layers?

That looks pretty awesome. I'm guessing these pics are also with the new deferred shading? Is that just regular grey "paint" like before or have they added the possibility of the bare metal effect to the MiG?

P.P.S. The radio mast is wood as well.

3 hours ago, Danziger said:

I wonder if it would be better to use something like this as a base layer for all the planes and then create your paint chips by scratching transparent holes in the color layers?

That looks pretty awesome. I'm guessing these pics are also with the new deferred shading? Is that just regular grey "paint" like before or have they added the possibility of the bare metal effect to the MiG?

P.P.S. The radio mast is wood as well.

I remember SPECTRE had started a 110G template with this very idea in mind.  It certainly has merit.

I have now changed the radio mast to wood as per your input.  I have to thank you for the amount errors you highlighted in your own versions of the MiG 3 template.  It was inspirational and I respect the amount of research you have done to gain so much knowledge on this plane.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Test Drive...

307960_screenshots_20200412225940_1.jpg

307960_screenshots_20200412225922_1.jpg

307960_screenshots_20200412225906_1.jpg

307960_screenshots_20200412225716_1.jpg

307960_screenshots_20200412225706_1.jpg

Lovely. I'll take it. No need to wrap it....

@ICDP

Are we absolutely sure the radio mast is made of wood?

That would seem counter intuitive and somewhat flimsy. If EM interference was attenuating through the metal parts from the engine ignition, and causing interference, that could be removed by using coated or shielded cable, rubber or ceramic liners.

Edited by Reggie_Mental
dont want a merge!!!!
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ICDP said:

I remember SPECTRE had started a 110G template with this very idea in mind.  It certainly has merit.

I have now changed the radio mast to wood as per your input.  I have to thank you for the amount errors you highlighted in your own versions of the MiG 3 template.  It was inspirational and I respect the amount of research you have done to gain so much knowledge on this plane.

I see that you have the same problem I was having with the navigation light covers. For some reason, when you replace the main green default skin, they lose their color. I was never able to figure out why. It only happens when you replace the green one. I could replace all the other default skins with no problem. 

• Like 1

Nav light covers?

On 4/13/2020 at 9:29 AM, Danziger said:

I see that you have the same problem I was having with the navigation light covers. For some reason, when you replace the main green default skin, they lose their color. I was never able to figure out why. It only happens when you replace the green one. I could replace all the other default skins with no problem. 

2 hours ago, ICDP said:

Nav light covers?

There are red, green, and whitish tints that go on the covers of the lights on the wing tips and rudder. When I was doing my MiG project, I found that they turned clear. It happened when I replaced the main plain green default skin. I removed my default skin and the color tint returned. I never found out why. 

39 minutes ago, Danziger said:

There are red, green, and whitish tints that go on the covers of the lights on the wing tips and rudder. When I was doing my MiG project, I found that they turned clear. It happened when I replaced the main plain green default skin. I removed my default skin and the color tint returned. I never found out why. 

They are red and green tinted in all the skins for me.

Compare these two pics. One is clear and the other is tinted. 

2020-1-12-22-13-20.jpg

MiG3_Unpainted_1.jpg.6b940ffce7d8e02c878fb89eff88f560.jpg

Posted (edited)

It can't be the skin, those parts are a part of some other texture hidden in the .gpt files.  For me it depends on the angle they are viewed at. If you look almost top down they have a only a slight tint on, yet from the side they have a definite tint.

I will investigate.

Edited by ICDP

On 4/11/2020 at 5:58 PM, ICDP said:

https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/6CBNxyCsqT

EDIT: Changed radio mast to wood rather than metal.

To be sure this is now included in the new uodate?

3 minutes ago, Dutch2 said:

To be sure this is now included in the new uodate?

Yes, these are in the latest update.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ICDP said:

It can't be the skin, those parts are a part of some other texture hidden in the .gpt files.  For me it depends on the angle they are viewed at. If you look almost top down they have a only a slight tint on, yet from the side they have a definite tint.

I will investigate.

I know it sounds stupid but that was what I tracked it down to. At first I thought maybe it was in the normal map alpha or the separate textures for the landing gear struts and other parts. I had modified all the textures. It only happened when I replaced the original green default skin. If I removed mine so that it would call the original 2k the light covers would go back to normal. 

Does it still happen for you with the latest version?  I see no difference regardless of the skin used.

7 hours ago, ICDP said:

Does it still happen for you with the latest version?  I see no difference regardless of the skin used.

Replacing the plain green skin makes it go transparent on all skins. It's like the model is calling something from that one texture in particular for some reason. I still have it. I removed all my MiG stuff before the update.