Han

Game version 1.106 discussion: MiG-3

FIXED MY PROBLEM

Ok so it's official I'm an idiot

I have been setting the throttle, but of course we had the ME-110 last month and that has 2 engines. 

So I still had my throttle levers in that mode, Engine's 1&2

So took those settings off, scrolled back up to the top and put throttle in on its own.

Bingo, no spurious sudden increase and decrease in speed, 

Put the maligned Trackir on, worked fine.

Hope this helps someone else. 

Will there be a way in the future to 'sort' this or do we have to reprogramme for twins each time. Not the end of the world.

Glad you got it sorted.

We've all been there one way or another....

Hello All
Just downloaded the game and I wondered if there is a link to the update or is it installed automatically - I'm not using Steam.

Thanks in advance
R

Edited by bzfmiii1972

You have probably downloaded the launcher.

Execute the launcher and it will install the game if I remember correctly.

From the first teaser pic I saw posted on facebook I knew there was something off about the 3d model of the MiG-3. They did fix the exhaust stacks and radio mast but there are still a few issues. I've been able to closely compare it with wartime photos, screenshots of MiG-3 models from other games, and recent photos of restored planes. I've compiled everything into a post in the bug section here.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12255-graphics-models-and-maps/page-3?do=findComment&comment=322082

As I've said the MiG-3 is my favorite of all these planes so I was pretty disappointed to see that it wasn't modeled to the same high standards as the other planes. It's all in the nose section though. It's almost like part of the plane was completed (or forgotten to be completed) by a different person. It also strikes me as strange how such obvious mistakes could be made when it's a Russian plane and they actually had access to a real one...

I love how she flies and sounds (and shoots) but I just get the willies when I look at the nose. I hope they can make some time to fix my baby.

Just a Question if someone has this Crash Error Message that appear if you watch flight records or want to join a Server and if you select a plane skin?

post-14161-0-36480200-1453055385_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just a Question if someone has this Crash Error Message that appear if you watch flight records or want to join a Server and if you select a plane skin?

same here, no rhyme or reason it seems

Same here, most of the times on the map screen. Once you are in the plane I don't remember if it happen.

When we fly with the squad it's happening simultaneous 4-5 guys in same time !

Edited by 4./JG53Manu653

I get the same error. 

I think this is something server-side as when it happens - like Manu said - it kicks multiple people off the server with the same error. Extremely annoying to say the least. 

Your game registry might be broken because Ccleaner or another registry cleaning program. I got same issues and i downloaded game installer client and run it without uninstalling game. So it will keep your current settings and skins but will repair registry cache! No CTDs after that. Couple days flying and no crashes anymore. Offcourse it´s wise to save input and skins folder before running installer but you don´t have to uninstall a whole game

Your game registry might be broken because Ccleaner or another registry cleaning program. I got same issues and i downloaded game installer client and run it without uninstalling game. So it will keep your current settings and skins but will repair registry cache! No CTDs after that. Couple days flying and no crashes anymore. Offcourse it´s wise to save input and skins folder before running installer but you don´t have to uninstall a whole game

Not likely.

I had the issue too and I use no such apps.

yes, that rather looks like a programming error, like a pointer referencing to the 0x0000etc. Address. (no actual adress)

I have to say I don't understand the whole "weak armament" thing I keep reading about the MiG-3. The default 1x12.7 and 2x7.62 is fine. Adding the gun pods or using the 2x12.7 nose guns options makes it very potent. The 2x12.7 with added gun pods makes for a great bomber shredder. I'm not that crazy about the 20mm though. I really like the higher velocity and cyclic rate of the 12.7mm. Though I'm sure the 20mm is a much harder hitting round at closer ranges kind of like the 9mm vs .45acp debates. Most Soviet fighters are armed with a single 12.7 and a single 20.

The default 1x12.7 and 2x7.62 is fine.

That's a very light armament by 1941 standards. 

The Yak has 2x7.62 and 1x20mm. Not much more than the MiG-3. Also isn't the default for the F2 2x7.92 and 1x15mm? The default for the I-16 and E7 is 4x7.62/7.92. The LaGG started out with five guns and they reduced it to two. So was the LaGG suffering from too strong armament?

Edited by BorysVorobyov

That's a very light armament by 1941 standards. 

The weight of fire is almost the same as the Bf 109 F2 with MG 151/15, but yeah, it's not great.

The Yak has 2x7.62 and 1x20mm. Not much more than the MiG-3. Also isn't the default for the F2 2x7.92 and 1x15mm? The default for the I-16 and E7 is 4x7.62/7.92. The LaGG started out with five guns and they reduced it to two. So was the LaGG suffering from too strong armament?

The standard armament (in fact the only gun option)  of the E7 was always 2xMG 17 + 2x MG-FF/M. The only Emil variant equipped with 4xMG 17 armament was the E1 from 1939, and those were often upgraded to E3 standard in 1940. 

The LaGG did suffer from overweight issues, which was sought remedied in part by removing most of the machine guns. It's no use having awesome firepower if your airframe doesn't really support it.