coconut

Coconut's server

Hello!

Yesterday icons spawned as soon as i flew over them.

Is it a new fact or because it was a night mission ?

Edited by -LaFrench-bexhausted

Nothing new on that side. Are you talking about map icons or object markers?

I am hoping that coconuts dynamic mission rolls out to a premium sp camapign.

This right here is the best dynamic campaign.

This is getting better each day.

Thank you.

"map icons". I thought there was a delay between reco and drawned on map ? 5 mn if i remember, no ?

Report flying IL2. Behavior AI 109 patrol (in the same mission)

They are very aggressive.

First patrol 109 shot me down quickly. Ok i was flying 400_500 m height. i didn't see him.

A little further : i flew top of the trees. But  second 109 patrol "saw" me, i made some escapes and 109 crashed itself.

A little further, always top of the trees, 109 falls from 3000 m on me.  :( did some evasive maneuvers and ...109 crashed itself.

The attack on the patrol seems systematic. It might be interesting to make it random?

A little further a 109 shot me down  :P .But this time it was a real pilot ! :salute:

Thanks to Google translation.

• Upvote 1

"map icons". I thought there was a delay between reco and drawned on map ? 5 mn if i remember, no ?

Map icons for supply depots and AA nests should appear with a delay, yes.

Trucks and tanks are switched on when they depart, and (supposedly, that's not working 100% at the moment) when they arrive or get fully destroyed. Same thing with attackers.

Patrols appear on the map as soon as they spawn, I'll add a delay for them too.

The attack on the patrol seems systematic. It might be interesting to make it random?

Patrol placement is partially random, and it does not change for the mission duration. If you are lucky your target isn't covered. If you aren't you'll be attacked.

I am hoping that coconuts dynamic mission rolls out to a premium sp camapign.
This right here is the best dynamic campaign.

This is getting better each day.

Thank you.

Thanks for the kind words! I'll probably build a SP version later this year. I'm also hoping to make a coop version when the coop mode is made available.

• Upvote 1

Map icons for supply depots and AA nests should appear with a delay, yes.

Patrol placement is partially random, and it does not change for the mission duration. If you are lucky your target isn't covered. If you aren't you'll be attacked.

Map icon (supply or AAA): I really feel that some appear immediately. I will focus on this aspect on a future flight. It is quite possible that I was mistaken.

If you are lucky :  so i was not lucky. ;) 

Thanks for your answer and of course for job done   :salute: 

Edited by -LaFrench-bexhausted

In fact I think it is a coincidence between detection zone, flight time (IL2 is slow!) And delay.

This gave me the impression of an immediate appearance of map icons.

Had a night session from 5:00 on, pitch dark, but clear skies, one could fly guided by the stars. Very difficult to find a fix in areas without rivers (1009 / 1010), but not impossible to find Stepurino, finally. With light falling in from east some dug-outs showed up, nasty to dive down into the dark with just some rough schemes in front of you. A really strong need to check your instruments comes up. Fine experience again, thx!

Could you please add a searchlight to the airfields? It's really hard to find the dirt strips in the twilight without it, those camp fires are weak and I always end up in a kind of Sarajevo-approach.

Could you please add a searchlight to the airfields

Will do!

I've just made a change in the logistics system. There was a problem causing all regions to be depleted (no supplies), which in turns disabled all AAA and AT defenses. I backed the campaign back to an earlier point.

RTB at dusk !

Nice mission !

Thks !

ZDq5ca4.jpg

Did you spawn beside these parked planes, or did you taxi there before taking the picture? I'm asking because all spawn areas should be free of obstacles. If the picture was taken directly after spawning, do you remember what airfield that was?

Sorry for my bad english. I landed after rtb then taxi near statics parked IL2. Just for pleasure  after funny mission. :)

Thanks Butch and welcome. Stats server is now online again.

EDIT: And so is the teamspeak server

Edited by coconut

The delay disappeared in one of the versions, it's a bug. Fixed now.

I've added a new scenario, on the Velikie-Luki map, featuring a mix of BOK planes (with a few planes from BOS and BOM to fill in).

Coconut, something is odd.

I always ctd right before flight. After map screen, clcuking start will turn vr to white and i am ctd. This only seems to happen at this server.

I wonder if you can see logs of people who join but leave after 10 secs (donwloading map and codes etc). If you can, you would see me constantly joining and leaving.

V strange.

Thanks for letting me know sinned. I had the same problem today, and I've had other similar crashes on other servers. In my case, I think it happens when I don't restart the game after a map rotation. If you haven't already, try to restart the game before joining my server and see if that helps.

Thank you for thinking about us, myopic VR pilots :salute:

Edited by yaglourt

Axis won the VLuki campaign, I have started a new one, still on the same map.

I have finally found out why the engine were starting cold, and I have fixed the problem. Engine stalls during start-up should be a thing of the past.

Some of the airfields now have landing lights

post-31381-0-08936500-1496692739_thumb.jpg

Thanks, that's fine. Wonderful moon night, stunning beautiful to fly under the stars, no problem to fly a bombing sortie. It's really impressive how IL2-BoX is able to simulate the limitations for a pilot while rain and darkness in contrast to a snowy moon winter night - like it's written in the books. That's what I'm looking for - THX!

post-1187-0-98789000-1496699841_thumb.jpg

Just had a go on your server with my bro, our 1st online experience, we never laughed so much just trying to take off :) Thanks so much for this, BRILLIANT hour online :), We'll be back :)

Regards and Thanks

Sparty

Thanks Coconut, very helpful.  Great mission by the way, my friends and I enjoy it.  

There is an error on the stats page though, which happens for both you and me in the best live pilots list.  I get an error "Server Error (500)" if I click on your profile or mine.  For me it might be due to the fact that I have not flown in June so I don't have any stats for this round

Many thanks coconut, for this good campaign server.  :good:

There are no more Bf 109s, since two missions?

A question why there is no 109E 7 in the campaign ?

Apologize my english is bad.

S!

Thanks Coconut, very helpful.  Great mission by the way, my friends and I enjoy it.  

There is an error on the stats page though, which happens for both you and me in the best live pilots list.  I get an error "Server Error (500)" if I click on your profile or mine.  For me it might be due to the fact that I have not flown in June so I don't have any stats for this round

There appears to be a problem with the data from may. I won't spend time to try and fix it. Hopefully it was a one-time glitch.

Many thanks coconut, for this good campaign server.  :good:
There are no more Bf 109s, since two missions?
A question why there is no 109E 7 in the campaign ?
Apologize my english is bad.

S!

That's weird, I would not have expected they would all have been destroyed by now. It seems you guys have been destroying lots of things on the Russian side, so it should be the Russian side that's lacking planes.

No bf109-e7 in Velikie-Luki. Are you missing it? The mission is happening in November 1942, so I would expect they were no longer used by Germans, but I could be wrong, of course.

EDIT: There are a few Bf109-g2 left at the bases at the back. Looking at the AARs I see an loss of bf109-f4 in quite a few missions. It's possible they've just been destroyed. I few were also lost on the Velikie-Luki airfield. It often changes hand, and every time that happens planes are lost. If people have been landing there after their sorties, that could also be a contributing factor. Finally, I also just noticed it seems there is an industrial center (Novosokolniky) without an airfield. Because of that, these factories cannot produce planes. Axis normally wins this map, and therefore I'm thinking I might leave it at that. It's up to the players to be careful and bring back valuable planes back to a safe airfield.

Edited by coconut
  • Upvote 1

That's weird, I would not have expected they would all have been destroyed by now. It seems you guys have been destroying lots of things on the Russian side, so it should be the Russian side that's lacking planes.

No bf109-e7 in Velikie-Luki. Are you missing it? The mission is happening in November 1942, so I would expect they were no longer used by Germans, but I could be wrong, of course.

Thanks for the quick reply,
the Bf-109E 7 would still be used as a LW earth combat fighter and with the Rumain Luftwaffe.

Edited by 7./SchG.2*SirAthlon

Alright, I've added the e7 to Velikie-Luki. I've also merged two regions so that the region of Novosokolniki gets an airfield, allowing it to produce planes. Changes will have to wait until the start of next campaign.

After just a few, short missions and some chat with blue pilots:

- the AAA is WAY to deadly. Next to their overdone "radar-guided shooting" it's not realistic to see 20 mm guns fire after the tail of planes 2 km away. Flying low under the clouds is quite useless having icons disabled - sooner or later you're killed by the wonder-AA with their first salvo, no chance.

- blue lacks of several planes, the supply chain seems to broken seriously. Ok, those capitalists are known to waste away the fruit of the workers suffering, but maybe there's something wrong, too?

- AAA now placed much better from the defenders point of view, realistically near the targets.

• Upvote 1

Something is wrong, I have transferred a 190A3 from Nevel to Isocha.

Missionen #145 - AutoGenMission2

There is no 190A3 in Isocha

Missionen #146 - AutoGenMission2

the AAA is WAY to deadly. Next to their overdone "radar-guided shooting" it's not realistic to see 20 mm guns fire after the tail of planes 2 km away. Flying low under the clouds is quite useless having icons disabled - sooner or later you're killed by the wonder-AA with their first salvo, no chance.

Not all target. On the eastern front had flak protection

Otherwise the Hs 123 and Ju 87 would not have been used until 1944.
2.8Km no view of the K61 and perfect hit that is so unrealistic.

Thanks for this server we have a lot of fun.

New campaign started, same map.

• Merged two regions on the Axis side so that all factories have an airfield where they can add newly produced planes
  • Replace flak38 and 61k by machine guns in nests that defend field supply storage. Factories and airfields are still protected by the murderous 20mm guns.
  • Adjusted production priorities to give more importance to planes, to avoid excessively restricted choice of planes.

Server down since yesterday.

New campaign started, same map.

• Merged two regions on the Axis side so that all factories have an airfield where they can add newly produced planes
  • Replace flak38 and 61k by machine guns in nests that defend field supply storage. Factories and airfields are still protected by the murderous 20mm guns.
  • Adjusted production priorities to give more importance to planes, to avoid excessively restricted choice of planes.

:good:

New campaign, still on Velikie-Luki. New things:

• Added airfield supplies, used to limit bomb loadouts
  • To supply an airfield, spawn in the Ju52, pick the cargo loadout, fly to the airfield you want to resupply, land. The airfield of departure will be debited of 2300Kg of bombs, the airfield of arrival will be credited of the same amount. The effect is not available immediately, you have to wait until next mission to see the effects. Sorry Russkies, that option is not available to you, unless you capture a Ju52. So if you get the chance, take it: Pick a captured Ju52 and fly it back to safety on your side.
  • Airfields are also resupplied by trains and convoys.
  • Destroy airfield equipment (hangars, gas tanks, dugouts) to destroy bombs
  • The airfield supplies are shown beside the airfield name, in parentheses. It can become negative, because the checks for loadout availability are done during mission generation, not dynamically during the mission. In other words, if there are 1000Kg of bombs available, the 1000Kg bomb is available, and you can take off 5 times with it if you want. That will however result in a "debt" of -4000Kg in the next mission (and no bombs available).
  • The bomb amount is debited when you take off, and is never credited back, even if you land again with bombs. Not happy with that, but for now this is how it is. I hope that in the future it will be possible to transfer bombs using bombers.
  • EDIT: Regions that contain factories have their name in UPPER CASE on the map.

That's it for the visible changes. There are also some less visible changes to the convoy and train planner to hopefully fix an issue a noticed in the latest campaign.

The mission currently running has the GPS off, but it will be back in the next mission. It's an odd mix with icons enabled. Instead I think that when I finally restart the expert server, it will be without the GPS.

Edited by coconut

Thank you very much.

Each update, strategic elements are added and I really hope that this develops into a premium full scale single player dynamic campaign where you make strategic decisions to supply, target key regions to attack and then you jump into the flight itself.

This is like microprose 1942 remake.

Everyone should try flying during showy night.

As you approach a key defended area, the search lights and aaa going crazy with full moon on horizon is an awe inspiring sight in vr.

Error:

Missionen #195 - AutoGenMission2, FW190 and Bf110G from Velkie-luki to Plaki.

Missionen #197 - AutoGenMission2, But there are none?

This error often occurs

Yes, I noticed it too in one of my flights yesterday. I did two transfers, the second one failed. Not sure why, but I'll take a deeper look later this week. It could be that only the first flight is properly recognized.

Installed a few bug fixes and changes, required a reset of the campaign

• Fix bug with plane transfers: FW-190 were always lost
  • Limit rate of repair of buildings. Too fast repair allowed bombed hangars on airfields to be fresh and new the mission directly after they were destroyed.
  • Add Ju52s in the initial state of the campaign. Previously there were none. After some time new ones were produced, but they should be there from day 1.
  • Let factories pick a different plane model after finishing a batch. Without that, it was possible to end up in a situation where only model of fighter was ever produced.
  • Upvote 1

first I like to thank you for your great work.

I have noticed that you have the He111 H16 from Battle of Kuban but no H111 H6 from Battle of Stalingrad in your template.

There are still many ppl. without every addons or just BoS in the community and also on my squadron and these ppl. are not able to fly on your Mission any Bomber.

With this reason in mind I have a favour to ask:

Is it possible to bring also BoS Planes/Bombers (I know you have at least the Fighter in but not erverybody like fighters) if it possible and not ruin the timeline/template?

I mean even if the majority were already more modern were older variants still at service.

with best regards

I have replaced the he111h16 by the h6 variant. In the current state of things I can't have both, because there aren't enough static models. Those are used to remove the right aircraft from an airfield whose parked planes have been strafed.

Since many appear to have difficulties to find factories, I'm attaching hints below, valid for the Velikie-Luki map.

post-31381-0-86196800-1498394812_thumb.jpg post-31381-0-14145000-1498394816_thumb.jpg post-31381-0-67244800-1498394819_thumb.jpg

post-31381-0-72566100-1498394825_thumb.jpg post-31381-0-75223900-1498394829_thumb.jpg post-31381-0-20768900-1498394835_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1