6./ZG26_McKvack

Would you rather have a new Battle of X that follows BOM and BOS(plane capabilities) or would you like something new?

Maybe.................................

They just like different AC? It is a possibility.

Fink and others love the Mig-3 and I think it looks rather phallic. Pre and others love the P-51. So what?

All of the top aircraft have very little between them at various timeframe.and all have strengths and weaknesses. Fly to the strengths and win. Fly to the weaknesses and perish.

To get others into the AC they love INHERENTLY requires a change of VENUE as well. There is no nationalism there.

It's a freakin' game. There is no place for nationalism, jingoism or xenophobia here. It is a gaming community. Stop bringing that crap into the conversation.

For the record I love the Fw and the P-47. Bring on the bludgeons.

And I sbsolutely agree, but I just think the Dev's are hitting the Eastern Front on the Nails Head like nobody else could and the community is absolutely lovely most of the time and I fear the essentialists coming in, these people aren't fans of aircraft, they are patriots, extermists, exceptionalists. They don't want to play, they want to win and the P-51 is an example of aircaft that promise exactly that. 

They are the guys that don't love the thing, but what it represents, they want the perceived glamour. The German equivalent are guys with Hartmann and Rall in their Nicknames. 

They are the guys that bought the latest Superbikes in the past and got killed in stupid streetraces, and now they trickle into ego-shooters and flight sims. Now we have to deal with these antosocial boys with inferiority complexes and deficits were competition is concerned. 

Edit: I wouid love a P-47 as well some day. 

Edited by 6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann

Your over-generalizations are astounding.

Done arguing now.

You're not understanding me right. There are legit P-51 fans, but they are outvoiced by American Exceptionalists. There are Germany Supremacists of the "Winger" kind and they are horrible as well, and I can't stand their whining as well when they can't immediately shoot into space when a low and slow turnfight doesn't go their way. 

But they are already here and spitting their Vitriol around. 

I am an Extremist Moderate, a Nuance Excpetionalist. 

There are Germany Supremacists of the "Winger"
  I think you're having with Supremacists, overshot the target.

And I sbsolutely agree, but I just think the Dev's are hitting the Eastern Front on the Nails Head like nobody else could and the community is absolutely lovely most of the time and I fear the essentialists coming in, these people aren't fans of aircraft, they are patriots, extermists, exceptionalists. They don't want to play, they want to win and the P-51 is an example of aircaft that promise exactly that. 

They are the guys that don't love the thing, but what it represents, they want the perceived glamour. The German equivalent are guys with Hartmann and Rall in their Nicknames. 

They are the guys that bought the latest Superbikes in the past and got killed in stupid streetraces, and now they trickle into ego-shooters and flight sims. Now we have to deal with these antosocial boys with inferiority complexes and deficits were competition is concerned. 

I was going to post a longer post to hit back on your nonsense but I deleted it and will go with this.

The world is big and there are alot of different areas and aircraft that could be represented in IL2.

Just because other people in this big world would like something other than another eastern front map with different versions of the same aircraft  shouldnt upset you..

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that you are talking about Reagan.I have known him for a long time and I can say that he probably knows more about the aircraft from your own country than you do.

You cant get upset that people like something different from you and then blame it on patriotism etc.It makes you look foolish.

In IL2 1946 I used to play on Spits vs 109s and Zekes vs wildcats  and they were always packed so theres is life outside of your beloved eastern front.

Sit back,relax and enjoy the game and be happy when other people with other  ideas play.

Is it such a bad thing if they make a different theater,different aircraft and it brings in people interested in that theater.

More people=more money for the devs=more content.

Personally I have bought BoS/BoM because I like IL2 but I also dislike the eastern front.

I would like them to move onto another theater.

Does that make me a"patriot, extermist, exceptionalist."?

Just because I would rather a western front or pacfific theater?

Edited by II./JG53_ViKe

I was going to post a longer post to hit back on your nonsense but I deleted it and will go with this.

1. The world is big and there are alot of different areas and aircraft that could be represented in IL2.

2. Just because other people in this big world would like something other than another eastern front map with different versions shouldnt upset you..

3. Im gonna go out on a limb and say that you are talking about Reagan.I have known him for a long time and I can say that he probably knows more about the aircraft from your own country than you do.

4. You cant get upset that people like something different from you and then blame it on patriotism etc.It makes you look foolish.

5. In IL2 1946 I used to play on Spits vs 109s and Zekes vs wildcats  and they were always packed so theres is life touside of your beloved eastern front.

6. Sit back,relax and enjoy the game and be happy when other people with outher  ideas play.

7. Is it such a bad thing if they make a different theater,different aircraft and it brings in people interested in that theater.

8. More people=more money for the devs=more content.

1. Yes, definetly, looking forwards to some

2. The OP was about having a larger variety of aircraft/assignments, like Transports and Recce and some people (once again) made it into a Western Front Bother (Make your own bloody OPs)

3. We settled all matters privately.

4. I blame the delivery of certain ideas on patriotism, not what they like themselves. I never attacked any designs, I attacked the exceptionalists. 

5. 1946 was about as complex as the electoral process of North Korea. It was very simple with basically all aircraft having the same flight model, a bit like War Thunder today. I don't want Aircraft with the amount of effort put into as the ones we have in War Thunder today, I want them to put a month, not a minute into them. And that simply means FEWER, BETTER AIRCRAFT

6. I am. 

7. I doubt people will be willing to pay 80$+ for an almost all new Western Front Game. I'm for the cheaper way of slow introducing aircraft one by one and then re-combining them wherever we want. Adding a Spit Mk.V to Kuban, a P-39 DLC etc. are far more viable steps to achieve an affordable MTO and/or PTO at some point. 

8.As explained above. Give it some time. 

Arguing with Americans be like [Edited]

[Edited]

Haha.. Guess the same could be said for you German guys and virtual Lufwaffe fanatics ;) Arguing about video games is like arguing about being the smartest kid with down syndrome :gamer:

Edited by Bearcat

!SNIP!

Haha.. Guess the same could be said for you German guys and virtual Lufwaffe fanatics ;) Arguing about video games is like arguing about being the smartest kid with down syndrome :gamer:

Well, they've been getting on my nerves as well. 

Any later Eastern Front Installments will be catastrophic on the forums with La-5F and FNs having a major scale massacre on the 190s. The Forums might become a No-Mans Land of angry 190 guys, sad 109 jocks and happy La-5 "Exploiters". I hope for a Fw189 and Po-2, to witness them raging from a good distance. 

Well, they've been getting on my nerves as well. 

Any later Eastern Front Installments will be catastrophic on the forums with La-5F and FNs having a major scale massacre on the 190s. The Forums might become a No-Mans Land of angry 190 guys, sad 109 jocks and happy La-5 "Exploiters". I hope for a Fw189 and Po-2, to witness them raging from a good distance. 

With the amazing level of detail displayed so far in IL-2, seeing a FW-189, 410 and other radical aircraft in this game would be awesome. Throwing in numerous types of aircraft outside of the well known and loved frontline fighters would just make this game better. Haven't seen a A-26 Invader or B-26 Marauder yet, along with the FW-189.. Having more not so well known aircraft in the mix would be pretty neat. So many cool aircraft to choose from. Regardless of what people argue about, pretty fair to say IL-2 is just going to get better and better.

Edited by II./JG53_Reagan505

Your over-generalizations are astounding.

Done arguing now.

I don't even care if a P-51 is ever introduced. I like foreign aircraft because they're unique and I just find them more interesting.

I'm not sure what phantom Uncle Sam you're fighting here, Klaus, but the only person who keeps talking about a Mustang in any legitimate sense is you. You keep claiming to only want to combat extremism here, but your responses throughout this discussion are the only thing I'd consider extreme.

PS - look at the title of the thread. This isn't a Kuban or Eastern Front only discussion. If the mods won't step up and give you a few days to think things over, the least you can do is stop making a fool out of yourself.

• Upvote 1

I would love to see a B-25 Mitchell, 850 delivered with LL and 5 bought in 41, and or the DB-7/A-20 Boston/Havoc where i believe more were in service with VVS/Navy than US! total  LL 3400 delivered,  in service from June 42

Benefit of doing these aircraft would be the easier access for materials by Dev's due to Russian service history

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 1

I don't even care if a P-51 is ever introduced. I like foreign aircraft because they're unique and I just find them more interesting.

I'm not sure what phantom Uncle Sam you're fighting here, Klaus, but the only person who keeps talking about a Mustang in any legitimate sense is you. You keep claiming to only want to combat extremism here, but your responses throughout this discussion are the only thing I'd consider extreme.

PS - look at the title of the thread. This isn't a Kuban or Eastern Front only discussion. If the mods won't step up and give you a few days to think things over, the least you can do is stop making a fool out of yourself.

Look at Post number 5 in this thread. Be wrong. 

I would love to see a B-25 Mitchell, 850 delivered with LL and 5 bought in 41, and or the DB-7/A-20 Boston/Havoc where i believe more were in service with VVS/Navy than US! total LL 3400 delivered, in service from June 42

Benefit of doing these aircraft would be the easier access for materials by Dev's due to Russian service history

Cheers Dakpilot

Yes, the A-20 would be a cool and relevant addition to IL-2. The A-20 was a really cool aircraft, it never got the recognition it deserved. Always overshadowed by the B-25, B-26, etc. Hope the Dev's bring it onboard.

Look at Post number 5 in this thread. Be wrong. 

Ah, I see. A comment made in passing about the Mustang -- which also included the Spitfire and Zero -- incited your rage fest. Why am I not surprised. But sure, go ahead, keep fighting "extremism."

For those who don't want to go back to page 1 to see what on earth he was talking about, here it is. Such damning evidence that all we want are Mustangs; Mustangs that auto defeat everything in the sky, because we aren't here to sim, we're here to WIN. 

I still think a transport/recon aircraft-set that isn't dependent on a particular operation would be a great idea... But again, would it draw anybody in and will it generate a profit? Probably not the way a Spitfire, Mustang or Zero would.

Yes, the A-20 would be a cool and relevant addition to IL-2. The A-20 was a really cool aircraft, it never got the recognition it deserved. Always overshadowed by the B-25, B-26, etc. Hope the Dev's bring it onboard.

That's an interesting perspective, to me the opposite is true :)

In Europe they feel very familiar, surely way beyond the B-26 and perhaps on par if not above the B-25. The A-20 saw extensive service for the Soviet Union, Great Britain and free units from occupied countries fighting under its command.

The A-20 would be cool because it's really versatile, it packs a decent forward-firing armament, has decent range, can level bomb well and carries a wide variety of bombs and torpedoes as well, which would be a first in the Soviet plane set.

+ 1 for the A20 a definite yes....

btw not relevant to this discussion but for the record I also like the Mosquito and Beaufighter. :biggrin:

Edited by Chandalier1969

by something new, i'd like modern armored vehicles. t-72 and up.

other than that, continue iterating upon the existing content

That's an interesting perspective, to me the opposite is true :)

In Europe they feel very familiar, surely way beyond the B-26 and perhaps on par if not above the B-25. The A-20 saw extensive service for the Soviet Union, Great Britain and free units from occupied countries fighting under its command.

The A-20 would be cool because it's really versatile, it packs a decent forward-firing armament, has decent range, can level bomb well and carries a wide variety of bombs and torpedoes as well, which would be a first in the Soviet plane set.

Absolutely.

The Beau and Mossie are really interesting aircraft, and again bring a lot of versatility to the table.

In general the fast two-engined attack/bomber/heavy fighter gang is a very cool one to have here (A-20, Beau, Mossie, Pe-2, Ju-88, Bf-110, etc.) None of them can actually leave most fighters in the dust on a straight line, but the increased speed suddenly makes them able to get in and out of the target area quickly. Intruder missions are great fun :)

• Upvote 2

Good grief, give it a rest already.

• Upvote 2

The Beau and Mossie are really interesting aircraft, and again bring a lot of versatility to the table.

In general the fast two-engined attack/bomber/heavy fighter gang is a very cool one to have here (A-20, Beau, Mossie, Pe-2, Ju-88, Bf-110, etc.) None of them can actually leave most fighters in the dust on a straight line, but the increased speed suddenly makes them able to get in and out of the target area quickly. Intruder missions are great fun :)

Lots of cool aircraft to bring to the game. Hopefully one day we will have them all.

by something new, i'd like modern armored vehicles. t-72 and up.

other than that, continue iterating upon the existing content

Don't think we are going to see vehicles like the T-72 MBT in the IL-2 WWII theatres.

Edited by II./JG53_Reagan505

Considering my relative Forum Reputation I also am apparently hitting a nerve. I'm not against Americans, I'm against extremists, no matter what they prefer. Yes, I'm being offensive at times, but I think I more than compensate for that with actually being constructive. 

When we are having a discussion about a theater like Kuban and the Crimea, and these people make it a whine about the Western Front, because of their overinflated patriotism that leads them to the conclusion that the East is intenly uninteresting because no Americans are involved. 

We can never just a nice chat about the anything east of Berlin anymore because that kind people comes in and ruins it with P-51 talk. 

Well... I will not speak to your reputation.. but you definitely hit a nerve...

https://youtu.be/3JcnmHJGg8w

In no sim that I have ever flown has the P-51 promised a win. It did not in IL2.. it did not in Warbirds.. it did not in any of the CFS incarnations.. In every sim I have ever flown the P-51 has been a twitchy plane that could be deadly if flown correctly but it certainly did not guarantee victory in any way shape or form and with a full tank of fuel and no way to dump any it is a virtual deathtrap.

You're not understanding me right. There are legit P-51 fans, but they are outvoiced by American Exceptionalists. There are Germany Supremacists of the "Winger" kind and they are horrible as well, and I can't stand their whining as well when they can't immediately shoot into space when a low and slow turnfight doesn't go their way. 

But they are already here and spitting their Vitriol around. I am an Extremist Moderate, a Nuance Excpetionalist. 

I don't see why anyone would not want all or as many of the most iconic WWII era aircraft of any airforce modeled in this.. the only developer supported next generation dedicated WWII sim currently available be it a Spit, a Mustang (which I would love naturally) a Zeke or any other aircraft.

• Upvote 2

In general the fast two-engined attack/bomber/heavy fighter gang is a very cool one to have here (A-20, Beau, Mossie, Pe-2, Ju-88, Bf-110, etc.) None of them can actually leave most fighters in the dust on a straight line

The Mosquito was designed to do exactly that! And it did. An absolutely fabulous aircraft. No defensive armament, because it didn't need any.

I think one of the main reasons why the P-51 was so successful was that any time one was in action, it was doing so with a dozen or more trusted friends at its back.

• Upvote 2

Well... I will not speak to your reputation.. but you definitely hit a nerve...

https://youtu.be/3JcnmHJGg8w

In no sim that I have ever flown has the P-51 promised a win. It did not in IL2.. it did not in Warbirds.. it did not in any of the CFS incarnations.. In every sim I have ever flown the P-51 has been a twitchy plane that could be deadly if flown correctly but it certainly did not guarantee victory in any way shape or form and with a full tank of fuel and no way to dump any it is a virtual deathtrap.

I don't see why anyone would not want all or as many of the most iconic WWII era aircraft of any airforce modeled in this.. the only developer supported next generation dedicated WWII sim currently available be it a Spit, a Mustang (which I would love naturally) a Zeke or any other aircraft.

If we ever get a Japanese aircraft please Mr Bearcat let them give us my favorite like we had in the old IL-2 the KAWASAKI Ki-61 Hien or ''Tony''.

Like my old Kawasaki bike it is beautiful.

kawasaki_ki-61_img1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Holy sh*t. Never thought a thread that was 90% ju-52 biased get 13 pages

People be like "i want this big killing machine with 6 50 cals, carry rockets and bombs, best speed and climo" then im sitting here "well...i can almost reach a speed of 300km/h in a dive... oh and i also got this cool pea shooter which can shoot in different angels"

Personally I prefer eastern, norway or early europe fronts. Only thing i want from the western front is s B-17 however im pretty sure that wont happen.

There are a lot of anti western front AND a lot of "eastern front is boring"

This thread was mostly made for something completely new. A P-51 or yak 9 or you name it is not really new... Btw if you guys are so interested in the western front go over to DCS for the moment. P-51 already exist and normandy map + more planes are in the works.

Edited by 6./ZG26_McKvack
  • Upvote 1

My wish then for an intruder pack:

A20

Mosquito (FB)

Beaufighter

A26

Tu2 (2 x 20mm forward firing)

Bf110 (G?)

Ju88 (C?)

:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

My wish then for an intruder pack:

A20

Mosquito (FB)

Beaufighter

A26

Tu2 (2 x 20mm forward firing)

Bf110 (G?)

Ju88 (C?)

:biggrin:

It cannot be done Chandalier1969.

You put Mossies and Spitfire MK IX's in this game and no one will want to fly

Luftwaffe planes anymore.

Does anyone know when the Spitfire Mk.V hit the Eastern Front? Or would we get a Mk.IX?

Does anyone know when the Spitfire Mk.V hit the Eastern Front? Or would we get a Mk.IX?

Transition training on the Spitfire Mk.V had started in December 1942. The first combat was in late April 1943 with the 57th GIAP in the Kuban area.

Later also some Spitfires Mk. IX arrived on the eastern front, but as far as I know these were only used by PVO units, for example over Leningrad.

Lots of the Spitfire Mk. IXs were used for training even after the war given their good high-altitude performance. :)

Personally I think battle of everything is a dead end. This should be done like old IL2 with added map and planes. And the theatre should be up to the servers. At some point people going to lag behind if not. We are not enough to fill 2 servers as it is . You have deciding elements of what to do, what difficult level and well all these separate theaters.

The way to go as it is now, to keep everyone in play is , when rolling map you get all theaters in one server. 

If two servers run this way you can hit the theatre of will within reasonable time. Increase of maps and planes will win over a pretty great deal of people, these people included me will by the time we have a lot to choose from also upgraded their hardware to play it

If we ever get a Japanese aircraft please Mr Bearcat let them give us my favorite like we had in the old IL-2 the KAWASAKI Ki-61 Hien or ''Tony''.

Like my old Kawasaki bike it is beautiful.

It isn't up to me.. when it comes to that I am just another customer like you..

Personally I think battle of everything is a dead end. This should be done like old IL2 with added map and planes. And the theatre should be up to the servers. At some point people going to lag behind if not. We are not enough to fill 2 servers as it is . You have deciding elements of what to do, what difficult level and well all these separate theaters.

The way to go as it is now, to keep everyone in play is , when rolling map you get all theaters in one server. 

If two servers run this way you can hit the theatre of will within reasonable time. Increase of maps and planes will win over a pretty great deal of people, these people included me will by the time we have a lot to choose from also upgraded their hardware to play it

The best thing they can do for this sim is to rework the nert code so that IP hosting can be easier. That was one thing that made IL2 so successful.. at least in my opinion. If you wanted to you could hop on HL.. meet up with a few buddies...

"Let's fly.."

"Wanna host?"

"Yeah I'll do it.."

click click click click

or

click click .. depending on whether you were using HL.. and you were ready to pick a plane select a load out and fly..

OR....

"Hey wait I can't host I have a crappy connection..."

"Well I can do it..!"

"OK .. let's fly.. pick a good mission ..!"

.. and that was all it took if all you wanted was a quick 2 hours of fun after a hard day..  Of course if you wanted more than that there was the whole dedicated server thing... but accessibility and options are essential to fully realized success in a sim... IMO any way... Not thaty what we have is all that bad but it could be better.

• Upvote 2

Just wait a couple years for a western map. So give them a P38. Then after one year give them a P47. Then after another year give them a P51B.

Hold you're Asses on the Pacific there, I call dibs on BoB.... Well take a guess:

Battle of (Motherfucking) Berlin!!

Yeah If Stalingrad looked bad-ass, wait and see what it will look like in Germany; Now that there would be Sick Ass Bavaria Tits!!

Hold you're [Edited] on the Pacific there, I call dibs on BoB.... Well take a guess:

Battle of (Motherfucking) Berlin!!

Yeah If Stalingrad looked bad-ass, wait and see what it will look like in Germany; Now that there would be Sick Ass Bavaria Tits!!

There werent many air battles there, right?

Edited by Bearcat

All of the top aircraft have very little between them at various timeframes and all have strengths and weaknesses. Fly to the strengths and win. Fly to the weaknesses and perish.

For the record I love the Fw and the P-47. Bring on the bludgeons.

I am STILL trying to find the plane that has LUCK as its strength. I always seem to get the ones where luck is a weakness. dern it.

Any theater ,battle with a 109 g6 is fine by me.

This is for people that think the p51 is invincible(The 34 planes are all p51s). I had to reduce engine to idle, open radiators at full and use combat flaps to brake to brake aerodynamically as not to overshoot when diving on them from an almost vertical angle.

2v997va.jpg

Edited by IVJG4-Knight

to add a consideration,

it would be beneficial to know how many new customers are coming in, and where they are from. also, do a time(month/quarter) vs quantity to view the trend. is the current model/game growing?

something like this may give hints about geographical market viability, saturation, directions.

and then what about gameplay. can the number of MP and SP games, per time-of-day, be ascertained? make another graph to view usage and population consistency, shifts, trends.

data like these may help discern what a company interested in making money should do next....

... if the current model is still demonstrating an acceptable positive slope on the graphs, then enhancing it should work for a while. if the slope is not steep enough, or going negative, this might signal that something more drastically different is needed.

... one caution about adding variety to a saturated market segment is the concern about player dissipation. this MP sim depends on a critical mass of players on a server at the same time. the current server lists, when I look, only have a very few occupied because, regardless of how one might prefer the other server, MP play demands that players go where the crowd is.

...... this is something that should be considered when expanding the eastern front before any other venture. it may have the effect of dissipating the player base too much if the customer base is saturated for that scenario, even if the other BoX's are great.

the thing that is necessary, obviously, are paying customers, a plentiful online population, and servers/MP's that provide good tools. of course, company resources have to be weighted with potential gains for any direction taken, but I have to agree that it would be good for these guys to look at the data and see if they are 'missing' somebody that should be here. is there ,truly, a large potential market segment/location that seems uninterested? why? if, as has been mentioned already, the American market IS potentially a monetary winfall and isn't responding well yet, then some kind of product aimed at that market would be wise. versatility. don't put all your eggs in one basket. etc. the American market, or any other for that matter, may have distractions/competition, which should be evaluated.

regarding markets, we all know things are going towards a downturn right now, so growing a business like this may prove to be difficult. IF it can be done, the course needs to be efficient and wise.