I wonder if this sim will survive if no new content arrive?

5 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

Evolving is a must in nature and software development 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

We all know its coming, the only question mark is when. 

steam charts look reasonably consistent and that doesn't include all the people that prefer to use the stand alone client.

https://steamcharts.com/app/307960

What would be totally awesome, and not beyond the realms of possibility would be find out where IL2 goes next. Assuming BoBP is on track with Jason's Q&A he did a while ago I believe they were aiming for a BoBP release of autumn this year. I think BoBP was announced about 6 months prior to Kuban launch so if that represents the general trend, I reckon we could be finding out pretty soon.

To me constant demanding stuff got a taste of ungratefulness about it.

I would rather pay for upgrading the modules and the user interfaces within them. I guess such a thing cannot coexist with the rest and it is utter unrealistic.

But the rate this is going I think they will have to come up with a totally new game engine and do something new.

I know it is essential to keep the workforce occupied and get new content out for sale asap. 

I guess informations like this is a cooperative secret and will only get out when they are good and ready

45 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

Three years ago? Possibly not but lets assume that everything announced so far finished up and that was that. IL-2 would last a long time after that. There's more than enough depth to the content now that it would continue to entertain. In some ways the multiplayer scene is just finally starting to pick-up and gather the kind of interest and organization that I've been hoping to see for a while and I don't think that would stop. Not for a while.

I do wonder how far they will be able to go with this game engine. It does seem like it came with some limitations that they can't fix easily and that would have to be build into a new engine from scratch.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AeroAce said:

I do wonder how far they will be able to go with this game engine. It does seem like it came with some limitations that they can't fix easily and that would have to be build into a new engine from scratch.  

Building an engine from scratch takes years ? Probably makes more sense to continue to modify the existing game engine ? All comes down to time and money at the end of the day. Improvements have already been made over the years, and I can't see any reasons why improvement will not continue to be made in the existing engine.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

I would rather pay for upgrading the modules and the user interfaces within them. I guess such a thing cannot coexist with the rest and it is utter unrealistic.

But the rate this is going I think they will have to come up with a totally new game engine and do something new.

I know it is essential to keep the workforce occupied and get new content out for sale asap. 

I guess informations like this is a cooperative secret and will only get out when they are good and ready

Everything is subjective.

I like the game as it is now, I enjoy flying it. Being a sim adds more layer of complextiy because if this was another kind of game, I would get bored easily.

I love to fly career with the already existing planes, do some missions with my friends and such.

These new things add more content and more quality to the game. Even some of them are free.

As more new content comes out, more new things are added to the base game and more funds are also gathered.

Edited by LF_Gallahad
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, AeroAce said:

Limit was broken long ago. Game already stutters from time to time when the servers are holding more than 50-60 ppl. Thers no chance this engine will handle pacific planes + carriers + online + ground units. Not to mention heavy bombers or anything simmilar. Im so frustrated by that fact.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

I too enjoy the sim as is at the moment however, theres a list of things i would love to change, contradicting i know...

one simple thing i would like to be able to do to compare franchises...

DCS, open editor, create spawn points for playable aircraft on ground, save, load up server, and friend logs in, we fly for hours...

IL-2, i dont know how to do anything.... I have to manually open ports? fortget it, just log in to exsisting server and fly, dont take to long on the ground or you'll get kicked for being idle....

i would like it if it were simple like dcs...

probably the worst post ive made but meh...

Edited by spartan85

I got a "Down for maintenance" window a few minutes ago and now the site is back

Maybe a good omen for later today. :drink2:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, LuseKofte said:

working as software developer and being asked for new stuff all the time is indeed annoying. 

But here is different, the community loves the devs, we are not pressuring them "or we gonna leave" or "not pay you anymore". Majority of people here even support the devs to take a long well deserved holidays. We are not a toxic community, we are just hyped about some new stuff arriving soon, I dont see anything ungratefulness in there.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

Ya, I’ll be playing this forever... well old il2 was my life before... then clod broke my heart... new il2 is my life now.... 

im glad they introduced the ww1 birds in as well instead of making a whole new game... ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)

This is the first time I’ve commented in this particular forum, but I guess I have to do this... 

WOLOLOLOLOLOLOOO

😁

Edited by Spindrift
  • Upvote 1

Looks like the website just got an upgrade.   The topic pages are displayed differently now.  

Yeah, in mobile i see the button for last page displayed weirdly.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

working as software developer and being asked for new stuff all the time is indeed annoying. 

But here is different, the community loves the devs, we are not pressuring them "or we gonna leave" or "not pay you anymore". Majority of people here even support the devs to take a long well deserved holidays. We are not a toxic community, we are just hyped about some new stuff arriving soon, I dont see anything ungratefulness in there.

My personal opinion has always been that this is a well made game, It is just not made for me. But I still enjoy lots of the contend. 

in my experience things turn toxic very fast, but mostly by heartfelt well-meaning reasons :) 

Well I like to see and is curious about the future, I think it will be alright 

ME262 pleeeeeaaaaasssssseeeeeeeeeeee

• Like 1

Just now, Diggun said:

whats a 262?

idk all the cool kids are saying it. it must be something nice!! :)

• Haha 2

Just watch, people are screaming for the P-38 and instead of the plane we'll get a highly detailed full fidelity simulation of a can opener 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Diggun said:

whats a 262?

Its the number after 261 but before 263. Geez, try to keep up!
/can't wait for the 264 release

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Yeah, in mobile i see the button for last page displayed weirdly.

Same here. I thought it was my phone's fault!

• Upvote 2

So, what do you guys think, is it going to be an update or a DD? 

2 hours ago, Arthur-A said:

So, what do you guys think, is it going to be an update or a DD? 

DD this week and Update (Me 262) next week. If we are lucky, we might also get the P51 by mid june. All guesswork, of course.

15 hours ago, danielprates said:

Same here. I thought it was my phone's fault!

Same

It is all a bit too quiet. Put me out of my misery please!!!

Who knows? Next update (223) after the game version 3013 .... Such a long silence, is very suspicious.

i suspect another sale incoming..

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Why would the silence be suspicious if they are on holiday?

Holiday was until Monday..

2 minutes ago, Sharpe43 said:

Holiday was until Monday..

I don't know about you, but my experience in office work is that any week after a long holiday is a write off - basically making up the lost time you had during the holiday, cleaning up left over issues, etc. I wouldn't expect anything major in the week after a holiday, or in the week leading up to it. Its just asking for trouble, people are either distracted or rushing to catch up.

A DD isn't out of the question, but I have my doubts about an update before next week.

• Upvote 1

It does feel like a development has been mounting up, hasn't it? All those holidays.

42 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

I don't know about you, but my experience in office work is that any week after a long holiday is a write off - basically making up the lost time you had during the holiday, cleaning up left over issues, etc. I wouldn't expect anything major in the week after a holiday, or in the week leading up to it. Its just asking for trouble, people are either distracted or rushing to catch up.

A DD isn't out of the question, but I have my doubts about an update before next week.

TBH, Im hoping more for a DD then a patch. 

• Confused 2

22 hours ago, 357th_Dog said:

Just watch, people are screaming for the P-38 and instead of the plane we'll get a highly detailed full fidelity simulation of a can opener 

Considering the broad spectrum of this audience, I'm willing to bet the joke is lost on many here.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, =EXPEND=DendroAspis said:

Please just fix the Hs129 trigger for god's sake. So tired of wasting 30mm shells on AA😒😒

you can use the 15/20mm alone btw. The 30mm fires alongside the 7.92mm. That being said I would like to be able to fire the 30mm only.

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

Considering the broad spectrum of this audience, I'm willing to bet the joke is lost on many here.

Yeah but it was still fun to make :)