SYN_Haashashin

"Blood in the Skies" Event

I'm pretty sur that the upload and download setting are the issue.

Generate a new one to be sure having a good one. Here is the process as i don't know if you are confident with the change.

1- Run the Dserver.

2- File => Manage SDS

3- Apply your settings and save and exit.

I know you ran the dserver on two physical core, is it still that settings you are using ?

Generally speaking is there any guidance on what is a good upload/download setting for say 20 people and AI?

von Tom

Well I tried to create a sds but using the custom option I get an error to enter integer when everything has been entered, however the startup.cfg seems to override the sds settings if they are not present.

Just about had enough of undocumented features now especially as I hardly read the forum or play.

Generally speaking is there any guidance on what is a good upload/download setting for say 20 people and AI?

von Tom

For client the settings should be a bit lower than what your connection can actually achieve

ie :  here : real download :14MBs.  real Upload : 980kos

I have settings at 2Mo download (in case kids are using internet too) and 512 ko upload

Being above what is your real connection creates lag.

Well I tried to create a sds but using the custom option I get an error to enter integer when everything has been entered, however the startup.cfg seems to override the sds settings if they are not present.

Just about had enough of undocumented features now especially as I hardly read the forum or play.

Strange.

Here is one, you can edit using the rof method or the gui method. Note that i change the rcon port (default port is teh same as RoF) because sometimes i have a rof server which is running at the same time.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4nunb4uvj6p3wi/Dedi_syndicate_S02.zip

1- Run dserver

2- File => Manage SDS

3- load the sds

4- Edit settings

5- Save

von Tom

For the server it depends of the bandwith of the server as for client. More upload you have, more players you can host.

Cheers Habu, I can create one in Expert mode alright just not the custom mode, it picks the ports up from your startup config too as we have custom ports due to ROF running.

Bloody pop ups on media fire ;-) grab drop box, ideal for this sort of thing :-)

Edited by SYN_Blackrat

Okay tweaked an SDS for our settings manually, 99% sure that change to the way the dserver grabbed the up and down settings was our problem, apologies everyone I know a lot of people put effort into organising the flights etc.

So try again next Sunday with a test on Thursday night?

Rgr i'll be in next Sunday, not sure about Thursday.

18h UTC ?

Luny best wait for an official announcement from Haash, its his baby, oh and best everyone check their multiplayer settings that last update knocked my client machine settings back to 1mb up and 1mb down.

Thank you Backrat for finding that!!!

I'm not at home now, I'm moving to my new place so I will PM the guys tomorrow after I, as we said here, consult it with the pillow.

Copy Blackrat !!!!.

And thanks to Habu too, we've run many tests on the French server (and still do). We already came across many problems that were solved.

We have one more to check on Wednesday...

The trouble is to have enough players to really debug a MP mission/server settings

Edited by UF_Luny

Several of us from 102nd-YU will be there for the test for sure. And Sunday mission.

What is the proper way to set up our multiplayer settings?

Marta :

On Wednesday we run the French Coop Missions (same physical server we used for training on Sunday afternoon)

But you are more than welcomed to the bomber group since you speak French ;) (we all speak French in those missions)

PM me i'll send you details

Edited by UF_Luny

Shtele :

For client the settings should be a bit lower than what your connection can actually achieve

ie :  here : real download :14MBs.  real Upload : 980kos

I have settings at 2Mo download (in case kids are using internet too) and 512 ko upload

Being above what your real connection is creates lag.

Several of us from 102nd-YU will be there for the test for sure. And Sunday mission.

What is the proper way to set up our multiplayer settings?

That all depends on your connection speeds up and down you may want to allow a bit for overheads so you do not max your connection out if it is less than 10mb down and 4mb up, which I think is the max in BOS.

Cheers Habu, I can create one in Expert mode alright just not the custom mode, it picks the ports up from your startup config too as we have custom ports due to ROF running.

Bloody pop ups on media fire ;-) grab drop box, ideal for this sort of thing :-)

Strange, i create my custom sds using the GUI. I'm going to test again that.

I will have a look on dropbox. Thx. ;)

Okay tweaked an SDS for our settings manually, 99% sure that change to the way the dserver grabbed the up and down settings was our problem, apologies everyone I know a lot of people put effort into organising the flights etc.

So try again next Sunday with a test on Thursday night?

I can't make it until the following weekend. I am sure other DBS guys will be there.

Haash is the man for this, he is just relocating home ATM, so maybe later today or tomorrow he will get things organised. I really would like a stress test before people put too much time and effort into the real thing though, just to ensure we caught this.

Edited by SYN_Blackrat

pssssst....

In case of some bar fight, 5+1 slots for LG, but keep it in sssseeecreet... ;]

Gentlemen,

If there are any spots on Axis, please let me know. I am interested in filling any slots open.

Im in for the next bomber hunt. Anytime and day.

This is me signing up for the next run.

If you fly german ok, if not, sorry there is not anymore slot. ;)

Hi guys,

Im in the middle of a move here, to a very nice place I should say hehehe.

Habu will try to send you the mission if you didn't got it yet ;). I don't know if I can make it to fly this week at all so...I will let you know tomorrow.

I connected to the server yesterday evening, so i should have it.

Ok, i'm waiting your info.

When you launch the server and everybody connected to it, did you have some problem with people who started to load the mission and who are bring back to the lobby ?

Edited by Habu

Just wanted to say a massive Thankyou,

To all the people who took part, the organisers, the mission maker (?).

Thor and Leaf on the excellent ingame  comms  and keeping us JG5 chaps in the know. 

The bomber pilots who flew a tight(ish) formation, despite the damn awful lag at times. It looked awesome! :biggrin:

Thanks to my squad mates, who all got back home OK, with 3 confirmed kills, 1 probable, and an assist (!) for making it so much fun.

And last but not least, 1C/777 for a jolly good game/sim.

Just asking for next time....lock the skins to default?...

I say we do a proper stress test first to find out.

The bomber pilots who flew a tight(ish) formation, despite the damn awful lag at times. It looked awesome! :biggrin:

You are welcome. And you ain't seen nothing yet. ;)

2 or 3 pilots from II./JG1 are ready to flight. For German side ofcourse :)

Edited by II./JG1_Baron

Sorry guys, I won't be able to organize nothing or built the mission. I still moving and now we are getting 41 degrees so the last thing in the world to me is to sit in front of a computer ;). Hopefully next week I'm back up to business.

Take time Haash, it will come when it comes.

We came across troubles too lately on th French coop missions.

We ran a stress tonight to exclude problems.

UF_Luny

How did the stress test go with the Skies mission?

Also am curious as we will be doing some changes on our servers with this as well... What are you folks using for your Upload and Download numbers within the .sds?

PM me if you'd like....

Thanks,

Tip

Edited by [DBS]Tx_Tip

I'm in will fly with DBS guys anytime !!! Please pm me with any info

Tips we didnt run the blood skies mission last night, but a mission we already ran last week which is quite heavy (60 complex triggers among other things)

The problem we had both times is that after some time (1h or so) many players are disconnected from the server but not all, and the server keeps running.

Habu who's administrating the server spotted where the problem could come from yesterday, its a hardware problem not on the server itself but in its link to the network.

For more details and sds settings only Habu can answer

Hey guys

The following are some suggestions towards future missions, based on our observations so far :

1. It would be better if wind conditions were not that intense as in the test mission, where we had 15 m/s. Severe wind makes bomber's navigation and targeting much more difficult. I 'm not saying never to have such a strong wind, but make it to constitute a small percentage of the missions we 'll fly.

2. Given that bombers in BOS are very vulnerable (and we had a debate on it on our own forums), I think that it would be better if fighter balance is either 1:1 or worst case 1.5:1. The test mission's 2:1 ratio revealed that it evolves towards a turkey shoot against the bombers.

3. It may be helpful to include targets for bombers from both sides (ie Heinkels and Pe-2s) so as to spread the tasks among fighters equally, and help maintain fighter balance.

4. It would be ideal if for each mission there would be 3 different ground targets for bombers, all equally important and at a distance at least 20-30 km apart . The idea for this is that fighters would spread out over a large area and not have all of them circle around over a small 10x10 grid waiting for the bombers to arrive. Each side would then have to improvise a defensive or offensive plan, split the forces, assign recon flights, and the element of surprise/decoying would be viable (and much more fun). COOPS should allow for strategic planning, they are not meant to be simple DF servers.

5. We should sometime in the future test a night-mission in BOS to see if it is feasible for a COOP. I think it would add to the immersion.

that's it for now

cheers

• Upvote 1

Tips we didnt run the blood skies mission last night, but a mission we already ran last week which is quite heavy (60 complex triggers among other things)

The problem we had both times is that after some time (1h or so) many players are disconnected from the server but not all, and the server keeps running.

Habu who's administrating the server spotted where the problem could come from yesterday, its a hardware problem not on the server itself but in its link to the network.

For more details and sds settings only Habu can answer

Copy that...

It's a two-edged sword isn't it? The more things you want running, the more things need to be spawned and use C-Triggers then rinse and repeat. All take up resources.

As far as Bombers numbers and fighters in close proximity. I'm thinking we need to go back to a basic square one mission, find a baseline and then begin to load up from there.

Thanks, will send HABU a pm.

==========================

@ SYN_Blackrat....

Are you still planning to run the Skies Mission tonight with your adjusted .sds setting?

==========================

Noted airdoc

Edited by [DBS]Tx_Tip

I do plan to, I think for stress testing it will have to be unpassworded which won't give us the concentrated flights you had, but I don't think we will get enough people in otherwise and nothing stopping a group from jumping in 111's, if it gets busy enough I can password it.

I haven't played since January, guess i need to swap the racing gear out for the flight gear and wobble around the skies. Hate racing at Interlagos anyways ;)

Edited by SYN_Blackrat