LaGG - 3 (Series 29) skins

Bearcat

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You do very outstanding work Pat. I really like your weathering and alpha work. You do a great job of making the hand painted markings look hand painted.

Thank you Borys but I've seen these days some mistakes with this LaGGs skinpack...It's a long way to the top as said Bon Scott^^

I will try to make a fix.

And a great part of the weathering job is ICDPs work :friends:

S!

Edited by PatCartier

Thank you Borys but I've seen these days some mistakes with this LaGGs skinpack...It's a long way to the top as said Bon Scott^^

I will try to make a fix.

And a great part of the weathering job is ICDPs work :friends:

S!

You should consider some historical MiGs. You have a real knack for the hand made Soviet schemes.

Also you should start a Pat Cartier skins thread so we can find them all in one place

Edited by BorysVorobyov

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Wanganui_Wildcat

USAAF inspired LaGG 3 series 29/P-51B Mustang 4k Skin by Wildcat

After getting excited about the prospect of the P-51 for the upcoming Battle of Bodenplate, I thought I would re skin something to look like a P-51b 'Old Crow'. After using it on one of my video's I've had a couple of requests for it, so here it is.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zw96pgs4rzdjlc8/P-51b_Old_Crow.rar

If you are interested in seeing it in action on coconuts server: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/34129-old-crow/

post_116754_0_04600200_1518420563.jpg

post_116754_0_06540500_1518420575.jpg
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, melkarth said:

I'm still having fun with the LaGG-3 + 23mm gun, we could say her motto is "The Gun Reaches Where the Plane Can Not".

:biggrin:

I also like to fly the LAGG-3, it fits my backs to the wall defense & bomber intercept with a bit of ground attack preference very well.

They were produced by the factory in couple of "South Front Regional Schemes" of;

AII Blue lower surfaces, AII Brown over AII Light Brown upper surfaces (also see on IL-2)

and

AII Blue lower surfaces, AII Black over AII Light Brown upper surfaces (also see on Yak-1 & IL-2)

I have all the info on that in a book including camo patterns if your interested?

Edited by Pict

Will do, but I will need to scan it all first, so it won't be immediate, but I should manage to do it this week :)

In the meantime, here a few links from a website run by the author of the book

http://redbanner.co.uk/

http://redbanner.co.uk/History/Colour_2014/colour_2014.html Deep and scientific colour analysis

http://redbanner.co.uk/History/ace_aircraft/Galchenko/Galchenko_Las.html Galchenko's LAGG-3 & La-5's with the famous cat on the tailfin

And an old page from Canon Skin of the original IL-2 series featuring the LAGG-3

http://www.canons-skins.com/other/lagg-3.htm

'White 10' flown by D.P.Savlevskiy 863 IAP, Kuban, Autumn

1942, has one of the  "South Front Regional Schemes" I mentioed above, this time AII Blue lower surfaces, AII Black over AII Light Brown upper surfaces

I really enjoyed that skin in the old IL-2 and would be really happy to have it for the Kuban now

Edited by Pict
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, melkarth said:

specially dedicated to comrade Pict

Thanks very much, I'm going to take her out for a spin now :good:

It looks great from the screens and from memory the camo pattern seems right with the "loops" bit on the port wing (more commonly associated with Yak's). The colours are looking good, I think Canon was going for a faded AII Black.

The VVS colours are often debated online at length, but Eric Pilawski (redbanner) seems the most credible in my opinion. I will include all that info in the pages I scan for you, when I get to doing it...it's a good read.

Really chuffed with the skins, the no number skin is also appreciated, thanks again

Edited by Pict
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2018 at 10:11 AM, melkarth said:

Hi, folks

A fictional 2K tricolor scheme adapted from Yak-1b "Tricolor", for summer maps. Numbered plus unnumbered versions. Some time ago I made the same one for La-5s8. The finish is quite matte on the wooden parts.

I'm still having fun with the LaGG-3 + 23mm gun, we could say her motto is "The Gun Reaches Where the Plane Can Not".
Curious fact: "The Coffin" is capable of a max load factor of 11G, versus only 9G for a F-16 (!).

Download link for plain tricolor:   https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmqs8983hzvz73h/LaGG3s29_Tricolor.dds?dl=0 

Download link for "white 55":   https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9vecjnmg1zg505/LaGG3s29_White55.dds?dl=0

17-LaGG-3_White-55.jpg

White-55-2.jpg

Where did you find a Pe-8 in BoX?

On 4/17/2018 at 10:40 PM, melkarth said:

Hey Pict, making skins with this plane models and skin templates is really BIG FUN. Much better than with old IL-2

Yeah, I used to make my own skins for old IL-2 and the warping and mirroring on some model was more than a challenge...one of the worst was the Brewster Buffalo, the RAF version that appeared with the Singapore map. I even made a little tool to help find bits on the template, called Eliminator :) that was almost 15 years ago...the new IL-2 seems to be a pleasure to work with, but I've only just fooled around a little bit so far, but like you say it's fun.

On 4/17/2018 at 10:40 PM, melkarth said:

I have an old rig and the game goes fast with low settings,

I'm running on a laptop myself due to travel commitments, when you see how much detail they have put in, I'm surprised it still runs at all :) 

Good one...

I also like the stars going around his head and what looks like the HMV (His Masters Voice) dog waiting for a new record to play, cool details :) 

• 2 weeks later...
Junjun_Nikurasu
On 4/21/2018 at 2:29 AM, melkarth said:

Artyom Davidovich Bekov

Melkarth, Mr. Davidovich in his white 71 Lagg and I are going have fun dueling:

Kawasaki_Magica_at_rest.thumb.png.060bd80f8b7610439c21356459747f01.png

I might update after our secession.

Alright here the Update:

At first he wasn't so gutsy during a head on past:

Smoking_Start.png

5ae878c8caf0c_Instenseflying.thumb.png.2cc413952c987309abfae8e4006f657d.png

But dang, his handling on the Lagg makes it so difficult to close in (so do all the Lagg pilots) but still it take forever.

Flaming_blow.thumb.png.8132df92402fc545102f9648725996e6.png

Finally Mr. Artyom Davidovich Bekov makes a commonly deathly error (like of course they always do) tries to turn below the clouds and viewing distance of the ground below.

Poor_Mr._Artyom_Davidovich_Bekov_is_on_fire.thumb.png.668ea4eafb3ac04655bfbb4182d77855.png

As he wildly spin rapidly to ground I have prove that hes dies in this secession:

He_failed_to_bail_out.thumb.png.fa5fab4c491ed1980796632a4cd405c3.png

Well where is he, I didn't see him with the chute?

Oh there he is:

Mr._Artyom_Davidovich_Bekov_is_gone.thumb.png.8a0f04e18335e5218fc77d4ab6183eb3.png

Cool_fireball_though.thumb.png.c69af1fa3ebfc8f11d8d0cd79c5a518a.png

However, lucky for Mr. Artyom Davidovich Bekov this Kawasaki Bf109 is fictional.  Japan wasn't at war with the Soviets since Battles of Khalkhin Gol, neutrality play a role against Germany on the Eastern front.

So the point is, it never happen.  But if was the case, Mr. Bekov wouldn't live to learned to play balalaika at all.

Edited by Junjun_Nikurasu

Junjun_Nikurasu
13 minutes ago, melkarth said:

With the Zero and the Hayate, the most beautiful Japan fighter. That DB engine always ensured a cute plane, like the Macchi.  ;)

Its odd the all skinners are using the Wacky Macchi as the Ki-61, instead of the Me-109s why?

The Bf-109s is what inspired Japanese to design the Ki-61, so what if they make em lighter and more edgile.  Did the 109s at least inspired em for speed or was I wrong again.

I need reason why I do the Ki-6101s in the first place!

Junjun_Nikurasu
1 hour ago, melkarth said:

Maybe it's because of this:

Climb rate at sea level:

Bf-109F-4:  19.5 m/s

MC-202s8:  17.3 m/s

Ki-61-I-Kai:   15.2 m/s

I've been looking up on all these aircraft at google and their debate between all three planes has failed me to understand on having the climb rate at sea level is better or not.

I'm sorry if I'm that dull to understand, but I'll look to youtube to get my answers.

Dammit, youtube didn't helped.

I still don't understand that having a climb rate at sea level is better or not.

Edited by Junjun_Nikurasu

ACG_daHeld

I think what he meant was that the climb rate of the Friedrich is way too good to be a Ki-61. the Macchi is a far better match, although it still climbs too good.

• Like 1

-LUCKY-ThanksSkeletor

Come for lagg skins....see a Japanese painted bf109...not sure if that belongs in here tbh.

Edited by -LUCKY-ThanksSkeletor
  • Upvote 2

Junjun_Nikurasu
On 5/11/2018 at 4:31 AM, -LUCKY-ThanksSkeletor said:

Come for lagg skins....see a Japanese painted bf109...not sure if that belongs in here tbh.

Yeah I know, so I decided to get rid of it (I failed to learn the rules in time).

• 2 months later...
On 8/19/2016 at 5:45 PM, EMJ_Rook said:

Lagg3´s Mironov Art

(semi historical skins)

comes with

- two different camo pattern

- plane numbers 2 - 16 and the 78

- Mironov´s 21 aerial victories and generic kill marks for the other planes

- custom alpha channel

(i left the winter edition for another time)

post-12753-0-57158100-1471621217_thumb.jpg

post-12753-0-63801800-1471621236_thumb.jpg post-12753-0-08021500-1471621240_thumb.jpg

post-12753-0-53792900-1471621247_thumb.jpg post-12753-0-07307100-1471621252_thumb.jpg post-12753-0-83829700-1471621260_thumb.jpg

post-12753-0-84929000-1471621263_thumb.jpg

DOWNLOAD SKINPACK https://www.dropbox.com/s/musfv8mqgoxstck/EMJ_LaGG3s29.rar?dl=0

DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE (for GIMP user .xcf) https://www.dropbox.com/s/50np5o1ui82t5yt/LaGG3s29_Template.rar?dl=0

-You are free to use everything in the template for your own!

Has somebody this Skin pack his HDD an can share it? Or is the author still active in the forums and do a reupload please?

In addition: Request for a simple Skin pack. Black/Green camo with tactical numbers from1-12. Anyone with interest in this project? I need it for PWCG campaign.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 час назад, Semor76 сказал:

Black/Green camo with tactical numbers from1-12

I yesterday made for my career black-and-green LaGG-3 with numbers 31,32 ... 39. It is true there is still a sign of the Guards. But if you want, I can remake. :)

1 hour ago, FoxbatRU said:

I yesterday made for my career black-and-green LaGG-3 with numbers 31,32 ... 39. It is true there is still a sign of the Guards. But if you want, I can remake. :)

Ahh, FoxbatRU is here. Good to see ya. Greets to Russia.  Yes of course, If you like and have the time for it.  Do as you like. With/without Guards Emblems, its up to you.

Edited by Semor76

• LukeFF unpinned this topic