-DED-Rapidus

-DED- Server's. From Russia with Love ;)

Guys, the name of the server is still 1CGS Official Normal Server by -DeD-?

Also, do you use official TS?

Guys, the name of the server is still 1CGS Official Normal Server by -DeD-?

Also, do you use official TS?

No. Now we talking about "DED Random expert beta"

It have "Custom" preset. No GPS, no markers, full system controls.

We use our TS: ded-squad.ru

Channels groups IL2-BoS/Expert/

Red & Blue :)

=====================

"1CGS Official Normal Server by -DeD-" still working as "meat" server :)

Also we started mirror of "1CGS Official Normal Server by -DeD-" in USA

It's name American Eagles 1CGS Official. 

Edited by -DED-ASF
  • Upvote 1

No. Now we talking about "DED Random expert beta"

It have "Custom" preset. No GPS, no markers, full system controls.

We use our TS: ded-squad.ru

Channels groups IL2-BoS/Expert/

Red & Blue :)

=====================

"1CGS Official Normal Server by -DeD-" still working as "meat" server :)

Also we started mirror of "1CGS Official Normal Server by -DeD-" in USA

It's name American Eagles 1CGS Official. 

THANKS!

Ok this sounds great!!! I´m very interested in the 3 plane limit. how does it work once you reach the limit? Are you out for the rest of the mission? For a limited time? etc.

çone more question. Do you have to choose a side? 

Ok this sounds great!!! I´m very interested in the 3 plane limit. how does it work once you reach the limit? Are you out for the rest of the mission? For a limited time? etc.

çone more question. Do you have to choose a side? 

Planes limit still WIP.

Counts only take off, regardless of the side.

Crash or kill before take off not counted.

After reaching limit you can drive a tank :)

Or playing as a spotter :)

Edited by -DED-ASF

I know we all got kind of sick of winter maps but the normal server had a some of good ones. You should include one or two (updated?) winter maps back into the rotation.

"Yes" for both questions. 

Very cool. Is there an altitude cut-off? I'm just wondering, this way fighters can fly CAP and Recon at sort of the same time. 

I know we all got kind of sick of winter maps but the normal server had a some of good ones. You should include one or two (updated?) winter maps back into the rotation.

Generator works through all seasons.

Every mission we have new date, new weather conditions and time. Corresponding the date we have season on map. 

So you can fly on summer, autumn and winter map :)

Is there an altitude cut-off?  

At the moment, no. Maybe in future (if it will be needed).

We use a cylinder with 3-5 km radius. 

Thank you for quick responses to my questions - I keep having more! :)

In the briefing, it says Airfield runways can be disabled (20 minutes). What is minimum bomb load to do this? Does it stack? For example, 1000kg bomb to disable for 20 minutes, if two dropped, is it disabled 40 minutes? Or does the timer just reset back to 20 minutes after last bomb?

So I guess, early in mission with no objectives identified, all bomber/attack pilots will fly straight to enemy airfield. 

Thanks again! This is a very interesting project.

Kondor, it´s supposed to be that once disabled, you can´t damage it anymore for 20 minutes.

This sounds great - look forward to taking a look at it this weekend!

Does this mean flying as a gunner??  If not, what is a spotter?

If it's something other than a gunner, than here's a question:  can player fly as gunner after his 3 planes are gone?  Might be a good idea to consider.  I enjoy flying as gunner, and I know some others do too.  Makes for a nice break from flying occasionally, while still keeping you involved in the current mission (with a burst of excitement once in a while too :-).  Anyway, just a thought.

Thanks for the effort guys!!

Edited by =FI=Blue2
  • Upvote 1

This sounds great - look forward to taking a look at it this weekend!

Does this mean flying as a gunner??

If not, then question:  can player fly as gunner after his 3 planes are gone?  Might be a good idea to consider.  I enjoy flying as gunner, and I know some others do too.  Makes for a nice break from flying occasionally, while still keeping you involved in the current mission (with a burst of excitement once in a while too :-).  Anyway, just a thought.

Thanks for the effort guys!!

That´s a good idea.

What is minimum bomb load to do this?

many small bombs :)

You need drop its through all length of runway :)

3 x BF110 with load of 12x50 can do it :)

Then airfield will be disabled on 20 min.

all bomber/attack pilots will fly straight to enemy airfield. 

As you wish :)

Or you can fly to discover objects.

Does this mean flying as a gunner?

As a gunner.

Or you can take tank, drive it somewhere and coordinate your airforces :)

can player fly as gunner after his 3 planes are gone?

Yes

Planes limit still WIP.

Counts only take off, regardless of the side.

Crash or kill before take off not counted.

After reaching limit you can drive a tank :)

Very nice!! I wanted to know if you must choose a side and stick to it or if you can fly either side

many small bombs :)

You need drop its through all length of runway :)

3 x BF110 with load of 12x50 can do it :)

Then airfield will be disabled on 20 min.

Cool. So it HAS to be length of runway? Not for example, 3 x Stukas with 1000kg each, at 3 different spots on runway? 

Cool. So it HAS to be length of runway? Not for example, 3 x Stukas with 1000kg each, at 3 different spots on runway? 

You can try :)

At block 2, for facilitating orientation at airfields, in the direction of taxiing mounted rigs and wind socks.

Edited by -DED-ASF

Some new features on server:

- From today it will be 2 blocks in rotation - north and middle. 

- Also added sending a chat message concerning detection of the enemy in the rear. Your command will receive message :

"Square ## report: detected enemy forces" in case of discovering of friendly object or its destruction. 
 Intermediate informing that the enemy group approached - not working deliberately to disclose the fact of moving the enemy in your rear.  So you need to organize patrols in the rear :)
Edited by -DED-ASF

Had a go on this server the other day. I really like the concept of looking for targets. It is very enjoyable and immersive.

I look forward to seeing this server develop. :)

At the moment we have some problems with correct work of mission generator with localizations. 

Fixed.

Generator learned to write in English  :)

Thanks to Taleks.

So it will be a little bit easier to understand, what happens in mission. 

Edited by -DED-ASF
  • Upvote 1

Really cool fights today. Happy to see 50 people flying, scorts, attacks in groups of IL2...

The sad part for me was the tanks. 45 minutes driving for only 4 ground targets and being constantly harassed by planes...didn't like it at all. Waste of time having to drive all that time knowing there is no enemy tank at all.

tanks gamemastering is a walk on mines field...its not easy ) but we searching possibilites.

Really cool server, Full real.   :good: 

thnx, but not yet full real, engine is on and timing 1 sec, for testing....WIP )

Edited by -DED-Rapidus

tanks gamemastering is a walk on mines field...its not easy ) but we searching possibilites.

thnx, but not yet full real, engine is on and timing 1 sec, for testing....WIP )

+1 on Engines off :D

• Upvote 1

- (WiP) Planes limitation - it means limitation of planes per pilot during mission (at the moment we planned to restrict the pilot with 3 planes).

Hi DED. Id like to make a statement on this. Even though its "kinda" realistic it might affect the serverpopulation in a negative way.

There are quite a lot of "not so experienced" pilots that still would love to participate on your server. And being killed 3 times is not hard to reach for them. Leaving them only able to spot, gun or drive tank for the rest of the round after their "3 Strikes" will most likely result in them just logging off and go elsewhere to play.

IMHO adding a timer after those three strikes that keeps them from flying for like 10 minutes will have a similar impact on the players "carefulness" yet still have them rather wait these 10 minutes of do "other duties" than just log off and go elsewhere.

So my suggestion is to step away from lockign a player for a whole round and rather add sort of a "penalty timer" instead.

S!

Winger

Edited by VSG1_Winger

Hi DED. Id like to make a statement on this. Even though its "kinda" realistic it might affect the serverpopulation in a negative way.

There are quite a lot of "not so experienced" pilots that still would love to participate on your server. And being killed 3 times is not hard to reach for them. Leaving them only able to spot, gun or drive tank for the rest of the round after their "3 Strikes" will most likely result in them just logging off and go elsewhere to play.

IMHO adding a timer after those three strikes that keeps them from flying for like 10 minutes will have a similar impact on the players "carefulness" yet still have them rather wait these 10 minutes of do "other duties" than just log off and go elsewhere.

So my suggestion is to step away from lockign a player for a whole round and rather add sort of a "penalty timer" instead.

S!

Winger

Back in old 46 we had ADW, best Online War there was. They kicked you after 1 Kill for I think 5mins and the Servers was FULL!

So keep going with this idea! We already have no penatly on all the other servers ;) 

Back in old 46 we had ADW, best Online War there was. They kicked you after 1 Kill for I think 5mins and the Servers was FULL!

So keep going with this idea! We already have no penatly on all the other servers ;)

Dont get me wrong. I find this good also. But for when the project is fully developed and playercount starts to rise. Right now IMHO playercount is a delicate resource that shouldnt be stressed too much:)

Really cool fights today. Happy to see 50 people flying, scorts, attacks in groups of IL2...

The sad part for me was the tanks. 45 minutes driving for only 4 ground targets and being constantly harassed by planes...didn't like it at all. Waste of time having to drive all that time knowing there is no enemy tank at all.

I agree there needs to be at least one AI tank at the objectives.  There is however another issue with tanks that needs discussion and it involves friendly aircraft.

When an aircraft encounters another friendly aircraft engaging an enemy, it is expected that one would support that friendly, not rush in and take over the fight.  The same respect from pilots needs to apply to human tankers.  I spent a good hour driving a tank, identifying targets, and making a flanking maneuver to take them out.  Before I could accomplish this an aircraft came in and took out all the targets, leaving me squat.  There were very few people on the server and plenty of other ground targets available to aircraft but not to ground forces.  It was very frustrating and I apologize for what I said in chat.  I know they were probably not aware of what was transpiring on the ground. 

Hopefully, we can all learn from this.  Tanks need to be supported.  The main support needed is keeping enemy aircraft off friendly tankers' butts.  Aircraft taking out the tank's targets will only frustrate people in tanks and have them leave.  There are times when air and ground need to work together on ground targets.  IMHO this should occur when there is a request from the ground for assistance.

Dont get me wrong. I find this good also. But for when the project is fully developed and playercount starts to rise. Right now IMHO playercount is a delicate resource that shouldnt be stressed too much:)

Agree. You need a volume of players. Once you fidelize them, you can start filtering.

I agree there needs to be at least one AI tank at the objectives.  There is however another issue with tanks that needs discussion and it involves friendly aircraft.

When an aircraft encounters another friendly aircraft engaging an enemy, it is expected that one would support that friendly, not rush in and take over the fight.  The same respect from pilots needs to apply to human tankers.  I spent a good hour driving a tank, identifying targets, and making a flanking maneuver to take them out.  Before I could accomplish this an aircraft came in and took out all the targets, leaving me squat.  There were very few people on the server and plenty of other ground targets available to aircraft but not to ground forces.  It was very frustrating and I apologize for what I said in chat.  I know they were probably not aware of what was transpiring on the ground. 

Hopefully, we can all learn from this.  Tanks need to be supported.  The main support needed is keeping enemy aircraft off friendly tankers' butts.  Aircraft taking out the tank's targets will only frustrate people in tanks and have them leave.  There are times when air and ground need to work together on ground targets.  IMHO this should occur when there is a request from the ground for assistance.

That's why EVERYONE should be on TS at least listening.

Did you update the info on chat? I know some people does not even care but it always helps.

The other day on a dawn mission on another server (by the way, how cool and hard it to play starting at night and after 40 minutes the sun starts to raise...) I saw 2 planes shooting each oter. It was almost pitch black on the ground so I had to go over the deck to see the silouettes, follow them and finally shooting one plane down. Sadly the other player did all the hard work and my last bullet did the final blow and I got the kill. I didnt expect to hit him at all and even less have the kill, only tried to add some more damage so when the allied plane comes back in 15 seconds, he could finish him. Either way there was no info at all on the chat and I apologized...but yes, it sucks when someone just ruines your work.

For tanks I'd like to see a small version of what Battle of Kursk map was in Warthunder. There you had a big plain with small hills and forest, arty and plenty of tanks to shoot at each other. Damn, it was so cool...

Edited by bokepacha

Saying EVERYONE should be on the same TS is not a solution as it is not going to happen nor does it need to.  When an aircraft spots a friendly aircraft that is making passes on an enemy, they both don't have to be on TS to understand you don't just jump in and take over the fight.  It is common courtesy.

Edited by MrStick

Saying EVERYONE should be on the same TS is not a solution as it is not going to happen nor does it need to.  When an aircraft spots a friendly aircraft that is making passes on an enemy, they both don't have to be on TS to understand you don't just jump in an take over the fight.  It is common courtesy.

Well, everyone is impossible, I know. I meant something more like "as much people as possible"

Either way I dont use to steal kills, I have enough with myself trying to survive at the moment. It was a moment of "I don't see sh*t even at 3 meters" mixed with "Is that tracer ours or not?" and adding a little of " I can only discern a silouette from behind, in the dark in the last second"

xD

Just a little thing devs: It always says Germany is dominated, if it should say is dominating. Because if you are winning you dominate and are not beeing dominated :P 

Just a small thing! 

Thanks for turning off the engines at spawn!

• Upvote 1

Great server :) too bad players prefer to flight germans right now and its usualy 20vs5 i think mig 3 fixes that :)

From what I ve seen so far this server has the most potential of all, distant objectives, recon mission, tanks, no GPS, no preset airplanes thats way to go :)

Are there any night or early morning missions ? Thats the last thing i miss there 

Played my first tank vs human tank battle today.  At first i was alone trying to take the enemy tank spawn.  Before too long there were 3 other friendly tanks and 3 to 4 enemy.  I had gone into the woods to make spotting by planes more difficult.  I was able to take out one enemy in the forest.  Two other friendly tanks caught up to me and we continued on.  It was a gas watching the tanks coming up behind as we moved out.  One of the other friendly tanks took out another enemy.  I was eventually taken out but I found the whole thing quite fun.

I don't think you have control over this but the "radar" is really an immersion killer.  With aircraft you fly out of the airfield radar relatively quickly.  With a tank, you almost never leave it due to the time involved.  It would be great if a tank only shows on the map if a plane or another tank can "see" it, i.e., within a certain proximity to it.  This would make for good recon flights.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Some news:

1. Added block #3

2. Test of planes limitations - minus counted only after recording take-off in the logs.

Cases:

- shot down in the air

- meeting with the ground

- leaving to briefing without landing

- disconnect without landing

If plane successfully landed - counter not working. IMPORTANT: this statement is valid only if you didn't receive a message earlier, that the plane is destroyed before landing (you don't stop the plane and it's  still taxi on runway, you make emergency landing and got a chat message, that the plane destroyed before a full stop)

During  testing period, there will be no restrictions, you will receive only a chat message with the name of the player. Then counter will be reset. 

3. Added the circular rotation of the blocks, in case of standoff in the current block,  block will be replayed.

4. Added  victory counts, the party scored the first three points - wins the stage (WIP,  at further expansion phases  - frontline will shift to the west or east, depending on winning side)

5. Victory is awarded only when side get more 60% of the points and the total counts of the sides  - 1000 points and above in the current mission.

• Upvote 1